PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Top player 0 assist/manual is absolutely brilliant . .playing as Athletico against Barca a lot . .epic battles just when you think you've hit a defence splitting pass Ter Stegen is outside the box tidying it up . ..keepers are brilliant. Really feels like a near Masterpiece sometimes. Can't wait for the full game and get stuck into a Master League.

Good to see the 'manual revolution' is taking off :D Hope to see a lot more people on board by the time game is released!

Oh, and someone that played maual on 2016 to death... there is absolutely no difference between the two! Manual is fine, and if you really want exact control just use the manual trigger. I used it for all crosses.

Last edited:
Good thing you have your opinion in,wouldn't agree on it though.
And support runs?
Yeah,that's pretty much how your team mates should play?
Should they stand there watching?

But yeah manual is like 2015 lev l...
Here's my statement about manual passing being assisted or like 15 or whatever you managed to read into.
Hope you understand what "..." means.
Learn how to read Ffs.
It's a huge difference between 15,16 and this demo.
To me it's a very good manual passing in 17.

So now manual passing is assisted? I'm pretty sure in pes 2016 manual passing was not assisted and I like it because you really need to think before making a pass. But, I guess not many people like that, and konami is following fifa with assisted manual passing.

But if that's the case level 1 in PES 2015 was okay for me, you could ping the ball like professional footballers but still make errors although not enough for me.
Elja I was being ironic,hence the...

I think it was rockstrongo, and possibly someone else.

I said it feels like that because the amount of move correction the ball receivers make. Its certainly not frustrating at all as i thought.

But as for manual shooting...funny thing i can still hit the target easily when there is space unlike in 2015 or in FIFA. But i missed two clear goals bc of manual shooting bc i was directing the player towards the ball and simply didnt have time to correct my thumb towards the goal in thet 0,5 sec when he made the shot. And its nonsense that u cant score...score? hit the target from certain angles with manual only 10/100 times with the likes of Messi, Suarez etc.

That damn basic shooting needs more and bigger errors. I cant seem to enjoy scoring at the moment bc there is two scenario

Basic: Matip can shoot like Suarez = no point to buy Suarez type of players in ML, its simply i put my 3rd keeper up front for that.

Manual: Again wont matter who u play with bc shooting is totaly up to YOU not your players and their quality.

So fuck. This game is so good tho. I dont want to jinx it but best cpu ive seen in footy game so far and the most balanced game since the PSX/PS2 days.

I said it feels like that because the amount of move correction the ball receivers make. Its certainly not frustrating at all as i thought.

But as for manual shooting...funny thing i can still hit the target easily when there is space unlike in 2015 or in FIFA. But i missed two clear goals bc of manual shooting bc i was directing the player towards the ball and simply didnt have time to correct my thumb towards the goal in thet 0,5 sec when he made the shot. And its nonsense that u cant score...score? hit the target from certain angles with manual only 10/100 times with the likes of Messi, Suarez etc.

That damn basic shooting needs more and bigger errors. I cant seem to enjoy scoring at the moment bc there is two scenario

Basic: Matip can shoot like Suarez = no point to buy Suarez type of players in ML, its simply i put my 3rd keeper up front for that.

Manual: Again wont matter who u play with bc shooting is totaly up to YOU not your players and their quality.

So fuck. This game is so good tho. I dont want to jinx it but best cpu ive seen in footy game so far and the most balanced game since the PSX/PS2 days.

When you say shoot like Suarez, do you mean power or accuracy?

Both. I cant see shooting power difference between players at all. No matter if its 65 or 89. As for accuracy i can hit the target easily with anyone.

Maybe its all a new age thing what the new PES fans dig but i cant get along with it, especially coming back from 3 years of FIFA where it does matter if i shoot with Busquets or Alves, i literally had to search for the right players on the field to make a long attempt like in old PES. Here its a whatever. Thats why i like FIFA mostly.

And i dont think its down to the absence of shooting technique since FIFA doesnt have that either. Only Finishing & Shot Power. Its just have more shooting error. Funny that headers in PES are still spot on. Not sure why to simplify shooting.

Last edited:
What's the latest on the AI not going forward and scoring enough. All posts I've been reading here describe tough draws or human wins. Where's the AI goals?

Top player and superstar can beat you depending on your control settings.

As for the tactics Flamengo plays green for the whole match, going defence or attack depending on the scenario. Best team to play against so far.

Both. I cant see shooting power difference between players at all. No matter if its 65 or 89. As for accuracy i can hit the target easily with anyone.

Maybe its all a new age thing what the new PES fans dig but i cant get along with it, especially coming back from 3 years of FIFA where it does matter if i shoot with Busquets or Alves, i literally had to search for the right players on the field to make a long attempt like in old PES. Here its a whatever. Thats why i like FIFA mostly.

And i dont think its down to the absence of shooting technique since FIFA doesnt have that either. Only Finishing & Shot Power. Its just have more shooting error. Funny that headers in PES are still spot on. Not sure why to simplify shooting.

You want my opinion? I don't think Premier players should have a shot power stat. Players in premier leagues should all be able to hit the ball hard. That's a very high level and I can't imagine anyone not able to do so. I mean lower leagues and even Sunday leagues can, why not professionals who train on a daily basis and have the best training? The difference should be in accuracy.

Also, if you think about it, defenders were/are almost always known for being knuckleheads or hard players, and their shots were always hit so hard but hardly ever accurate.

I've switched to manual now and I think I'll stick to it. I think manual passing here is better than 2016. Don't have an issue with manual shooting since that's all I've been using since PES 2015.

Try it gab, they're not as manual and are manual enough to make you think more, which is good.

Here's a miss-kick I just did on manual with a player who has '2' for wrong foot accuracy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rGa5ecQgUM

You want my opinion? I don't think Premier players should have a shot power stat. Players in premier leagues should all be able to hit the ball hard. That's a very high level and I can't imagine anyone not able to do so. I mean lower leagues and even Sunday leagues can, why not professionals who train on a daily basis and have the best training? The difference should be in accuracy.

Also, if you think about it, defenders were/are almost always known for being knuckleheads or hard players, and their shots were always hit so hard but hardly ever accurate.

I've switched to manual now and I think I'll stick to it. I think manual passing here is better than 2016. Don't have an issue with manual shooting since that's all I've been using since PES 2015.

Try it gab, they're not as manual and are manual enough to make you think more, which is good.

Here's a miss-kick I just did on manual with a player who has '2' for wrong foot accuracy.

Great miss.
That's so lifelike

Top player and superstar can beat you depending on your control settings.

As for the tactics Flamengo plays green for the whole match, going defence or attack depending on the scenario. Best team to play against so far.

I've seen one or two teams vary up their attack/defence little bit. It's mostly been attack with the ball and defend without, but as you mentioned, Flamengo are an example of a bit more variation.

It makes me hope that the attack/defence will be a bit more sophisticated than what we are seeing. Maybe the CPU approach to it will be different when it is not an exhibition game? Maybe they will even vary depending on the teams they play against

We are yet to see a team on the demo using a long ball tactic either. Would be great to see what approach the CPU take with this sort of tactic. Konami rarely let us down when it comes to tactics in this game, so i'm optimistic that the attack/defence levels will be a little more sophisticated than they seem.

do you guys think week foot acc and shooting acc matter at all with manual controls?

ive seen MY players use their stronger feet more often even on zero assist so frequency is still defo there wich is good but if stats matter that'd destroy the purpose of manual? wouldnt?

btw im not saying manual is bad it just becomes a totaly different game what PES offered ever since to me

do you guys think week foot acc and shooting acc matter at all with manual controls?

ive seen MY players use their stronger feet more often even on zero assist so frequency is still defo there wich is good but if stats matter that'd destroy the purpose of manual? wouldnt?

btw im not saying manual is bad it just becomes a totaly different game what PES offered ever since to me

Stats should matter, and manual wouldn't destroy it if takes stats into consideration.

Well I guess we better adapt now. PES isn't the same as it used to and it surely evolved well with this game :)

What i dont get is... someone could help ..umm

what is this supporting runs from team mates or whatever is called(bottom option in the control settings, could be set on assisted or manual/off)?

also if my pass assistance is off then trough balls also manual...but in the meantime i can set it to advanced? whats that? and what? wich will work? :D

btw...i shouldnt play the game at the moment but make faces for it as there is a deadline tonight :DD

If they allow us to change the broadcast camera to our liking this game would be perfect. Game is a different beast on this camera setting with -1 game speed, except to know where your players are with the current setting you have to look at the radar all the time. Hoping that Konami listen to their people on this one as it would really put fifa to bed once and for all this era!

What i dont get is... someone could help ..umm

what is this supporting runs from team mates or whatever is called(bottom option in the control settings, could be set on assisted or manual/off)?

also if my pass assistance is off then trough balls also manual...but in the meantime i can set it to advanced? whats that? and what? wich will work? :D

btw...i shouldnt play the game at the moment but make faces for it as there is a deadline tonight :DD

@teammate control in the control settings: I set it to manual so i can control my teammates with L1+RS. If done right you have 2 player under control with both sticks. Makes better off the ball runs! If set to auto the cpu controls your teammates runs. you can just trigger the start of a run.

@through ball: I set it to basic as I play them on PA0 + L2. Don't like the crosshair thingy (on advanced) for passes and shots!!

Last edited:
thanks mate :) i rather set it, im too lazy to activate anything besides attacking level. i missed the auto subs as F in FIFA. its like im in heaven with that option too

Since I have the discipine of a 4 year old child, i've reinstalled the demo already... and I don't regret it one bit. Scored these two bad boys today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoX9D71YkCk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9o6-sm95Ek

Really wish my poor pass to Alves in the buildup to the first goal didn't happen, ruins the entire build up. And I think we can excuse the poor defending for the second goal and just give some credit to the manual cross :D

Last edited:
If they allow us to change the broadcast camera to our liking this game would be perfect. Game is a different beast on this camera setting with -1 game speed, except to know where your players are with the current setting you have to look at the radar all the time. Hoping that Konami listen to their people on this one as it would really put fifa to bed once and for all this era!

yeah that would be awesome. I also wish blimp and fan view to have options for customisation :)

Playing a lot against Arsenal today and Mertesacker is a beast! Everywhere I go there is always one of his legs...! :D

BFG for real! :)
...let's try to fool him with Griezmann!

I'm finding it so tough (I'm glad) even dropping to professional, it is hard to score....Advanced through balls are very hard to master!!

Here's a video on the defensive line disconnect that I was hoping would get fixed in PES 16, but not many people seem to address. It obviously has found it's way into PES 17 - demo, at least, but would not be surprised if it makes it way into the full game as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdJr_L8BoWE

Last edited:
So, in other words, what you are simply trying to say is that I and you can punch someone a hard as Mike Tyson done it and only difference is that Mike Tyson was able to reach someones chin 7 times out of 10, while we maybe 1 out of 10 times!?! :CONFUSE:

yeah that would be awesome. I also wish blimp and fan view to have options for customisation :)

At this day and age, Not being able to choose your camera angles and position is just a disgrace.

I had a game on amiga in 1995 called onside soccer and It had a free camera mode !

You watched too much at EURO 2016 ;)

Lol.

So, in other words, what you are simply trying to say is that I and you can punch someone a hard as Mike Tyson done it and only difference is that Mike Tyson was able to reach someones chin 7 times out of 10, while we maybe 1 out of 10 times!?! :CONFUSE:

You should be comparing a Pro to other Pros ;) And anyway that's a different sport.

Watch football and you'll see how hard they all hit. The difference in power isn't significant. There are other reasons like timing and connecting, moving or still etc. The balls too have changed and are lighter than they used to be.

Anyway. Main point is, most pros kick hard, and should. They're not schoolboys.

Back
Top Bottom