PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Agree with Lami it's the success and consistency of it that separates the footballers from the elite more than the power.

I need to add that in my playing days I scored goal from as far as 10m in my own half. :SMUG:

Shooting Power could also be on an 1-8 scale.
But the stats are connected, and "Shot Power" is also a relative to long shot/long passes (long play so) accuracy.

I think that stat is more like a player likenesses of how much strength that the guy push into shots if the stats is high.
It's more to make a difference between players who kick the ball hard and straight and other than prefers to shoot placed/curved.

People complaining about hard shooting from every player, but Lami is right in terms of shooting power on pro league...
That's Konami think too it seems (there's some exceptions of course)

Some attributes have less impact in the game even with the same number/amount, that's normal for me. They can't do some between 70-99, other between 40-99 etc.

Edit: Zee is right too, it's not on one match you will see the difference between a good and a very good player on some area a bit more "subtle" like this. Same goes with Pass Accuracy in general, every pro player can make good passes, keys passes will makes the diffence.

Last edited:
Lol.

You should be comparing a Pro to other Pros ;) And anyway that's a different sport.

Watch football and you'll see how hard they all hit. The difference in power isn't significant. There are other reasons like timing and connecting, moving or still etc. The balls too have changed and are lighter than they used to be.

Anyway. Main point is, most pros kick hard, and should. They're not schoolboys.
The issue in Pes not played enough of 17 to see it but the power was generated by players off balance or with the outside of the foot..in 16 no player in the world can hit such power with the outside of the foot ..then you go onto weaker foots ..not all professionals will generate the same power with weaker foot

I'm still really loving this demo guys. It feels random and gives you the anything-can-happen feel that I felt never happened in PES 2016.

https://youtu.be/wAP6DjvMC2g

That's a swervy bendy shot that Iniesta just smashed in, by the way, and it made me think about basic vs advanced shooting? I'm not going all out manual, but is the general feeling in here that advanced is the way to go?

Last edited:
I played dozens of games with various teams
I haven't seen so far long/high passes (Cpu) from the back or from a CM looking for a ST.
Only ground passes over and over
Not a big issue but it's very annoying, because the gameplay is more predictable and lacks of variety.

I haven't seen so far long/high passes (Cpu) from the back or from a CM looking for a ST.
Not a big issue but it's very annoying, because the gameplay is more predictable and lacks of variety.

i see a quiet few, especially for certain teams and when they need to attack quickly

If theres one thing konami does well,thats varied gameplay.
Shouldn't be worrier about that.
16 had long/short gameplay.
This one will have it to

Only played 5 matches on the demo, on Professional, and have seen a few crosses and a couple of high passes. Not loads, but more than in my few months of playing the full game last year.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

If theres one thing konami does well,thats varied gameplay.
Shouldn't be worrier about that.
16 had long/short gameplay.
This one will have it to
I agree and i really hope you are right...
But i'm not too much confident about that
If i remember right, Konamy said the gameplay demo is the same of final version...

I agree and i really hope you are right...
But i'm not too much confident about that
If i remember right, Konamy said the gameplay demo is the same of final version...
I havent looked into the different tactics the teams plays
But I mean 16 played varied,Konami has allays been good at that.

Basic shooting:

- headers: good
- volleys: good
- R2s: good
- every other shots from the ground: OP

Thats it and ill shut up for ever :D And manual is too frustrating.

But a question have any of u seen the cpu sub a striker for a defender as this feature was promised to return?

If they allow us to change the broadcast camera to our liking this game would be perfect. Game is a different beast on this camera setting with -1 game speed, except to know where your players are with the current setting you have to look at the radar all the time. Hoping that Konami listen to their people on this one as it would really put fifa to bed once and for all this era!

They seem to have lots of interesting camera angles in the replays, which are now at full speed, so I don't get why we can't get a wider broadcast camera without the sideline cuts. The game would look even better.

They seem to have lots of interesting camera angles in the replays, which are now at full speed, so I don't get why we can't get a wider broadcast camera without the sideline cuts. The game would look even better.

Exactly. That replay broadcast camera is brilliant and I believe if they allow adjustment we could get that one which is like watching EPL games. I tweeted officialPEs let's hope they listen to us instead of hearing us haha

The difference between PES16 and PES17 is enormous in gameplay terms. I was still playing the odd game of PES16 before release of the 17 demo and thought it was rather playable still, despite glaring issues. I revisited PES16 for a bit today and while I can eek a wee bit fun out of it, PES17 its leaps and bounds proving a better game in what are admittedly early stages.

Also, it has took a while but think I am finally feeling a wee bit more comfortable using Advanced Shooting.

Weird (possibly placebo) thing I am feeling is how the AI adapts to your control settings, and along with it how passing assistance feels impacted by your choice of shooting. When I play with basic shooting but zero assist passing, it does feel (I can't stress enough "feel") like my passing feels a touch more assisted than if I pick manual shooting and zero assist passing.

All more than likely placebo, and when I use basic shooting I might be trying to play a bit quicker and directly because I know my shots will go in the direction of the goal, whereas with manual shooting I am likely playing more cautiously as I need the perfect opportunity. Either way, it is a nice-ish problem to have currently. Can't see me going back to assisted passing anytime soon, but will never rule it out if my game is shot to shit and lose form and frustration replaces elation.

I know that most of you guys are on manual passes now. I tried it for a few games but I really cannot get on with it. To me individuality goes because I'm so rubbish with it. I played as Barcelona v France and I had about 60% pass accuracy and about 40% possession. I can't even do a 2 yard pass. :P

I played a few games with different teams and it takes the enjoyment away from it imo. Funny thing is though is I'm fine with manual shooting.

There is obviously individuality there though because a couple of days ago I played with Level 1 passing on Super Star as Germany v Barcelona. First game was 0-0 but the second game I played everybody out of position. Gotze in goal, Neuer up front. Ozil in defence. I got beat 4-0 and all my players were sluggish. Gotze couldn't even jump while in goal. It was as if every player had first touch error set to 100. Could really feel the difference.

What are your comments on stamina? I think I can actually feel when a player is exhausted in the demo, as opposed to PES 2016. It feels heavier, the player can barely sprint for a few metres then he loses it. They might have nailed that.

7 0 10 camera angle manual passing is the magic formula for me.. You know i think Konami painted a beautiful picture but in order to see it default camera is to far away. You can defend and pass better at 7 0 10 camera...plus you'll enjoy the fighting for the ball more..

Trying to hold the lead...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pcv_SrqfY40

How could you play with that camera angle without radar? your view is very limited and could only pass to the players you see.

WbP4UKm.jpg

One might say I quite like Konami (Japan) futebol games. :)

Looking forward to installing Pes 2017. I hope Ronaldinho is as good as my Pes 2016 version, if not I can just install that too.

How could you play with that camera angle without radar? your view is very limited and could only pass to the players you see.

yeah iv'e always hated that thing.. i can short pass better this way.
i can still pass pretty far just into space. you'll get used to it after a couple of days and passing isn't a problem.
with this camera setting i get more into the game because of player battles. you can defend better too.

Last edited:
After more than 50 matches, i still like the Demo.
The only issue right now is the difficulty when playing against AI.
From my point of view it could be harder.
Beat Barca with Arsenal on Top Player 6:1 and 4:0 an Superstar.

:SHOCK: remind me not to play you online :P

There is no way I would get those results at that level :COAT:

Are you playing assisted or manual??

This could be a problem for assisted settings or people who have mastered manual.

I am annoyed because Adam specifically told me that the game would be challenging for the hardcore fans. Even he plays on professional. He tweeted this to my directly!

Anyway I am not trying to undermine him and hope that the demo is toned down. All I want is better opposition AI it could well and truly make this the best football game made.

Back
Top Bottom