PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

PS3 or PS4? Any differences?

cheers
:)

Hi gabe, just noticed your post. So far I think it's about the same. Which is quite good if you only own a PS3. In the demo all the features are included but I'm guessing that will change in the main game.

I will play more tomorrow and let you know.

I have been complaining about the shooting since way before the demo. Nobody seemed to care enough.

Nah, it was very noticeable. That's where all of the, "You can't have an opinion on any facet of the game until you play it!" garbage came from.

Just discovered something cool. I was playing as Barca vs Atletico and the AI injured Busquets late in the game. I lost 2-0 and went for a rematch. In the pre match screen he was still injured from the previous game lol

what cursor switching do you guys play with?

assisted
semi-assisted
unassisted
fixed

reason i'm asking is i just started playing unassisted and it seems to screw me less.

semi-assisted keeps switching off my player in the box when i'm trying to scrap for the ball.

Last edited:
The more I play, the more I realize this demo needs to be played on Professional Difficulty.

Already seen the CPU properly use the Attack/Def levels. They are changing their gameplan of those levels depending on who they face. I think the higher difficulties are too sensitive to those levels, which is why they appear so manic and hyperactive to switch to them.

On Pro difficulty, the CPU actually plays the right way, relevant to the Att/Def levels. And no, it's not very easy to beat them because they are not giving up their spaces like they do on Top Player and Superstar. A press is a proper press where the players step into their zones, relevant to where the ball is, and then pounce on the player, but not to the point they swarm with 3:1.

Playing right now.

https://gaming.youtube.com/user/Matt10L/live

The more I play, the more I realize this demo needs to be played on Professional Difficulty.

Already seen the CPU properly use the Attack/Def levels. They are changing their gameplan of those levels depending on who they face. I think the higher difficulties are too sensitive to those levels, which is why they appear so manic and hyperactive to switch to them.

On Pro difficulty, the CPU actually plays the right way, relevant to the Att/Def levels. And no, it's not very easy to beat them because they are not giving up their spaces like they do on Top Player and Superstar. A press is a proper press where the players step into their zones, relevant to where the ball is, and then pounce on the player, but not to the point they swarm with 3:1.

Playing right now.

pro is all I've played seems like a good game.

I've been playing on default pass settings. Changed the controller setup to my liking and originally started with a 7,0,5 camera angle but have gone to a 6,2,7 which seemed a little closer to the camera I would normally use on FIFA). Love the physicality and jostling. Some nice variety in crossing and passing.

Played a few on Professional and even though I wasn't scoring many, the AI weren't really commanding the ball. Went to Superstar and have found it better, apart from one game where Barca hounded me non stop as Arsenal. Have seen some lovely stuff out on the pitch. Shooting has more variety in terms of ball trajectories but still doesn't seem as free as the other elements. But it's not super accurate all the time which makes it more playable for me.

All 30 Argentine Primera División teams confirmed licensed at the game's unveiling in Buenos Aires.
IMG_20160825_163658.jpg

Konami today in Argentina conference

Cqtr_Ria_W8_AEGRVG.jpg

Cqtkzas_XEAAij_Ra.jpg

Cqt58SCWYAAVNqy.jpg

Cqtz_9hWgAAEBPW.jpg

CqtqT97WAAAycEv.jpg

I was there tonight. Came back a few hours ago.

So... I FINALLY had the chance to try PES 2017 at last.

I was pleasantly surprised. Got to play 3 matches against a friend a brought there with me. 2 Barca vs Arsenal (won one, lost one. I was Barcelona) and one Boca vs River (, I won, as River).
Lots of great animations and great moments. Although I stand by what I had been saying when I was only judging from videos. Running/Sprinting/Dribbling animations still look bad. Messi doesn't feel or behave like Messi. But all in all game is smoother and feels more organic.

Orion (Boca's keeper) is a beast in this game. He kept either catching or punching away most of my efforts, which were actually good ones. Only scored twice, but could have scored 4 more if it hadn't been for him.

Cannot comment on AI, and couldn't try a lower speed, which I would have liked to. However, it is true that refs are a lot better and so are GKs.

Usually Human vs Human matches are a lot more frantic, neither try to play nice football, keeping possession, etc...usually you only want to beat your mate and call him "son", lol.
I'm sure, I would still enjoy the game (maybe even more so) sitting comfortably on my coach, playing against the CPU at -1 and playing a better-thought football, trying to keep possession and all, instead of simply scoring and putting my friend to bed-

Surprisingly enough, I enjoyed a lot more the Boca vs River match. as opposed to playing as Barza, which I'd have hoped to be amazing.

The event itself was GREAT. Free food. A free photo. A t-shirt. And a very good game nonetheless. Just not as exciting as I was expecting from the comments I read here.

For next year, they MUST change/add cameras- And they MUST create a lot of better animations for Running/Sprinting/Dribbling.

Still, not the game I would have wanted. Nor the one I've been reading in posts by Lami. Chris, Zee, etc (people I respect and trust in here) but I guess it's all up to our own preferences.
I was thinking of getting a PS4 again for this game, but now that I've been able to try it... think I'll pass. It's not that big of a change from last year's version. It's not worth spending all that money in a console+game.

BTW, here's a little photo we took tonight.

CqwbW8EWgAUQakB.jpg

Right, played this a lot last night in various ways. To me, the AI on every difficulty except Superstar is impotent. I kept 7 clean sheets in a row with no effort at all. Even on Superstar is pretty easy to keep the AI out whilst they drift around outside my penalty area and I hold down X to tackle them. It's like the AI gets to the box and then forgets what it's supposed to be doing as I step in and counter.

What is happening here? I was so pumped up for this game and I'm an offline player only vs CPU. But it looks like I'll be left disappointed with the full game. I just hope the other modes (master league etc) ramp it up a bit.

What are your thoughts?

For next year, they MUST change/add cameras- And they MUST create a lot of better animations for Running/Sprinting/Dribbling.
agree

I was thinking of getting a PS4 again for this game, but now that I've been able to try it... think I'll pass. It's not that big of a change from last year's version. It's not worth spending all that money in a console+game.
there's always 2018 and The PS4 has a lot to offer.:BOP:

Right, played this a lot last night in various ways. To me, the AI on every difficulty except Superstar is impotent. I kept 7 clean sheets in a row with no effort at all. Even on Superstar is pretty easy to keep the AI out whilst they drift around outside my penalty area and I hold down X to tackle them. It's like the AI gets to the box and then forgets what it's supposed to be doing as I step in and counter.

What is happening here? I was so pumped up for this game and I'm an offline player only vs CPU. But it looks like I'll be left disappointed with the full game. I just hope the other modes (master league etc) ramp it up a bit.

What are your thoughts?

Agreed.

It seems way too easy to keep a clean sheet, even on superstar.

Maybe because it is just exhibition mode for the demo?

Also, the refs are a bit of an inconsistent mess for me.

Overall, I don't particularly understand all the cries of "best football game ever". It's not even the best PES, not by a long way.

Playing right now.

Yes! Already said that on wenb. Always play on Professional as everything above for me seems unrealistic and feels like playing against robots with ultra-fast reactions.

I'm happy I'm not a good player and there is more than enough challenge for me on that level :))

Agreed.

It seems way too easy to keep a clean sheet, even on superstar.

Maybe because it is just exhibition mode for the demo?

Also, the refs are a bit of an inconsistent mess for me.

Overall, I don't particularly understand all the cries of "best football game ever". It's not even the best PES, not by a long way.

I agree , it's manic , there feels no weight tof the players the all move very fast and change change direction on a dime with no to little dribble affect..refs and advantage rule is still not right ..but the most annoying is when you are tackled and the player becomes stunned ..it's infuriating and not at all realistic in any shape or form

I was there tonight. Came back a few hours ago.

So... I FINALLY had the chance to try PES 2017 at last.

I was pleasantly surprised. Got to play 3 matches against a friend a brought there with me. 2 Barca vs Arsenal (won one, lost one. I was Barcelona) and one Boca vs River (, I won, as River).
Lots of great animations and great moments. Although I stand by what I had been saying when I was only judging from videos. Running/Sprinting/Dribbling animations still look bad. Messi doesn't feel or behave like Messi. But all in all game is smoother and feels more organic.

Orion (Boca's keeper) is a beast in this game. He kept either catching or punching away most of my efforts, which were actually good ones. Only scored twice, but could have scored 4 more if it hadn't been for him.

Cannot comment on AI, and couldn't try a lower speed, which I would have liked to. However, it is true that refs are a lot better and so are GKs.

Usually Human vs Human matches are a lot more frantic, neither try to play nice football, keeping possession, etc...usually you only want to beat your mate and call him "son", lol.
I'm sure, I would still enjoy the game (maybe even more so) sitting comfortably on my coach, playing against the CPU at -1 and playing a better-thought football, trying to keep possession and all, instead of simply scoring and putting my friend to bed-

Surprisingly enough, I enjoyed a lot more the Boca vs River match. as opposed to playing as Barza, which I'd have hoped to be amazing.

The event itself was GREAT. Free food. A free photo. A t-shirt. And a very good game nonetheless. Just not as exciting as I was expecting from the comments I read here.

Still, not the game I would have wanted. Nor the one I've been reading in posts by Lami. Chris, Zee, etc (people I respect and trust in here) but I guess it's all up to our own preferences.

BTW, here's a little photo we took tonight.

CqwbW8EWgAUQakB.jpg

Haha I'm glad you finally got to play it. Do you play it on PC?

I did say once you go past the archaic animations you'd find this a good game unlike 2016 ;)

Tbh I'm just glad I finally have a "proper" (still not perfect) PES football game to play without all the silly things that's been plaguing the older versions.

Last edited:
Tbh I'm just glad I finally have a "proper" (still not perfect) PES football game to play without all the silly things that's been plaguing the older versions.

Yeah mate - while it's not perfect, I haven't come across any dealbreakers and I've found it enjoyable to play. The last few years has been the opposite when I played the demo. It had its moments but too many little niggles that prevented me from forking out my cash. Even if I don't have an option file, I'll be happy to play this version and do some basic edits myself. Looks like it will be a good game - 15 min halves, career mode of some sort :)

Sounds like the honeymoon is over already . . . it lasted a couple of days and now opinions have changed. Last years demo lasted a few weeks even though it's supposedly a worse game. .. . one consolation the full game last year was different from the demo, I actually didn't like this demo when I played it first but I still think it's gonna be a decent game. I noticed the criticism and nitpicking gets more technical each year. .waiting for the perfect game? Never gonna happen.

They need to sort out the colors of the pitch, it's so bright. It makes the game look cartoonish which is not fair because everything else looks detailed and amazing.

Real life Camp Nou

20130519_205402.jpg

PES 2017

PES2017-Camp-Nou-Stadium-04.jpg

Yes, that´s what I think too.
Sometimes it´s hard for me to see the ball cause of the bright pitch and I thought it´s my TV setting.

Need to sort out shooting, Boca's 2nd keeper shoots like Suarez. Everyone shoots the same....

That was one of my biggest concerns before I played the demo.
But tbh, I think shooting is okay and I DO notice a difference in players.
Whenever I took a shot which I thought was a stronger or softer one, I would pause the game and check on the players stats.
And it was comprehensible.
A shot that felt softer was taken by a player with wrong foot or weaker kicking power. A harder one vice versa.
And I also noticed a bad body positioning doesn´t perform a hard shot which is a good thing.
Just wonder why we have different experiences in that.

Could it be the game speed? I never played anything different than -1 and professional difficulty.
Maybe they feel different on default?

What I also really like is the different playing style of the AI.
When I played France (me) vs Germany (AI) the day before yesterday, Germany played really agressive, tackled me a lot and took a few yellow cards.
They fouled me 6 times.
Yesterday I played the same game and they didn´t play that agressive which caused less fouls.
Maybe a different ref?
I didn´t change anything.

i wanted to see if there was a difference in PES and WE...
so i downloaded it from the Japanese store, i'm playing both versions on professional difficulty....

long story short it's different and better...

details later...

Yeah mate - while it's not perfect, I haven't come across any dealbreakers and I've found it enjoyable to play. The last few years has been the opposite when I played the demo. It had its moments but too many little niggles that prevented me from forking out my cash. Even if I don't have an option file, I'll be happy to play this version and do some basic edits myself. Looks like it will be a good game - 15 min halves, career mode of some sort :)

Exactly. Only difference is I did fork out on 2016 and wish I didn't :TD:

Goals in this one don't feel cheap and I'm really happy that's back.

Exactly. Only difference is I did fork out on 2016 and wish I didn't :TD:

Goals in this one don't feel cheap and I'm really happy that's back.

Agreed. Did you see the video I posted on Twitter? The keeper dives, gets a hand to it and turns it onto the post but the ball still goes in. In the past, the ball would have gone in and the keeper would have made a token dive even though you knew the shot wasn't ever going to be saved.

Try out the 6,2,7 camera setting and tell me what you think.

Yes, that´s what I think too.
Sometimes it´s hard for me to see the ball cause of the bright pitch and I thought it´s my TV setting.

That was one of my biggest concerns before I played the demo.
But tbh, I think shooting is okay and I DO notice a difference in players.
Whenever I took a shot which I thought was a stronger or softer one, I would pause the game and check on the players stats.
And it was comprehensible.
A shot that felt softer was taken by a player with wrong foot or weaker kicking power. A harder one vice versa.
And I also noticed a bad body positioning doesn´t perform a hard shot which is a good thing.
Just wonder why we have different experiences in that.

Could it be the game speed? I never played anything different than -1 and professional difficulty.
Maybe they feel different on default?

What I also really like is the different playing style of the AI.
When I played France (me) vs Germany (AI) the day before yesterday, Germany played really agressive, tackled me a lot and took a few yellow cards.
They fouled me 6 times.
Yesterday I played the same game and they didn´t play that agressive which caused less fouls.
Maybe a different ref?
I didn´t change anything.

the photo of the real stadium is over saturated, to much color... i'd find more photos.....

Agreed. Did you see the video I posted on Twitter? The keeper dives, gets a hand to it and turns it onto the post but the ball still goes in. In the past, the ball would have gone in and the keeper would have made a token dive even though you knew the shot wasn't ever going to be saved.

Try out the 6,2,7 camera setting and tell me what you think.

Oh I'll check it out.

I always set my cam to 6/7-10-10. I'll try yours :)

Sounds like the honeymoon is over already . . . it lasted a couple of days and now opinions have changed. Last years demo lasted a few weeks even though it's supposedly a worse game. .. . one consolation the full game last year was different from the demo, I actually didn't like this demo when I played it first but I still think it's gonna be a decent game. I noticed the criticism and nitpicking gets more technical each year. .waiting for the perfect game? Never gonna happen.
Nah.. It's just same guys, with different accounts, this year they come early.. Not talking about matt or chris who have constructive criticism, but others who will recognize themselves.

Back
Top Bottom