PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

30 stadiums ain't too bad and so long as they haven't messed around with the lighting and turf-shade in some of the stadiums being carried over from PES2016 then there will be at least a few stadiums I know I can rely on for good daytime matches.

Sent from my LG-P920 using Tapatalk 2

PES 2017 will feature these stadiums:
- Camp Nou
- San Siro
- Guiseppe Meazza
- Stadio Olimpico
- St. Jakob-Park
- Neu Sonne Arena
- Metropole Arena
- Estadio de Escorpiao
- Estadio Urbano Caldeira
- Estadio del Nuevo Triunfo
- Stade de Sagittaire
- Studio Orione
- Burg Stadion
- Estadio del Martingal
- Rose Park Stadium
- Estadio do Maracana
- Estadio do Morumbi
- Estadio Mineirao
- Arena Corinthians
- Estadio Beira-Rio
- El Monumental
- La Bombonera
- Saitama Stadium 2002
- Estadio Campeones
- Coliseo de los Deportes
- Hoofdstad Stadion
- KONAMI Stadium
- Sports Park
- Anfield Road (DLC)
- Signal Iduna Park (DLC)

San Siro/Meazza it's just the same

Konami today in Argentina conference

CqtqT97WAAAycEv.jpg

So, no R9?

:WORSHIP:

I'm so in agreement over all of that.

This is why I was asking if anyone was enjoying the default speed (before I played the demo), because I felt like I was losing responsiveness on 2016 when reducing the speed, as well as adding in lots of slow-mo effect during gameplay when some of the animations were slow-mo to begin with (certain goalkeeper dives, for example).

I've been playing the 2017 demo exclusively on the default speed, other than one game I tried on -1 to see if it improved the experience for me, and it didn't. Truly, for the first time in years, this is a game I can enjoy on the default speed against the AI. It's realistically fast, I think - and the physics are spot-on too in terms of ball speed.

For those who think default is too fast - playing on Top Player instead of Superstar reduces the constant AI closing-down (which is a little bit of a nagging worry at the moment, but I think it's opponent-related), and that makes the gameplay less hectic. Of course, that might also make it too easy for you, but not for me, I don't think...

But also, totally agree about manual. If you enjoy playing that way then fair enough, and I'd hate to see them take options away, but for me, I'd rather have semi-assisted everything. It allows better attribute involvement*, and keeps the game from turning into a Flight Simulator-style affair of too much training for a game I get an hour a night to play.

*If I 100% nail the path of a pass or a shot, then let's see it, but if I'm 5% off with a great player, make it go 5% off. With a poor player, make it go 20% off.
Good post Chris and I agree with all of that. I knocked it down to -1 and it took the flow down a notch for me. Also top player is more enjoyable than superstar. I find on superstar the cpu gets the ball back by reacting far quicker than your player should.

Decided to play the demo until Sunday,then it's done for me.
Building up appetite for my ML 17.
Few things I love.
Ball psychic
CPU different corner setups.
Or things I haven't noticed before.

I love how it much pressure you can put on a team now because of the attack/defence levels. I had one of the Brazillian teams pinned in their own half all game wth Barca. What I loved more was that it was still incredibly hard to break them down.

I liked the game, much improved from 2016. Very physical! New animations and stuff. Having much more fun takling, defending on this demo.
But, I dont know. Shooting still dont feel right. That old scoring feeling from PES its not there yet.
The-goalkeepers are good or shooting is too scripted or the goalies are too small. Something dont seems right and it all influence in goal scoring feeling. Does someone have scored from outside the box? Not with one time shot you know? Something like, taping the ball in from and then shoot. Something like in old days, when the goalkeeper dont even try to dive, because the ball curls away out of his reach that he dont even try to save it.
Perhaps Im doing something wrong. Any tips?

Hi rock, i'm playing on -1 and I find shooting slightly over powered. It's not as bad as 2016 though. I know some players should have hard shots but not all. I remember in PES5 and more recently PES2013 I would check what players were right footed and left footed so that I knew what foot to shoot with. And in PES5 checking what players had *Middle Shooting skill. Players like Lampard and Gerrad I would love setting them up because it ment they would normally get a good hard shot away. FIFA is good for that. But I feel in this that I can have a good hard shot with all the players.

It's not a game breaker for me though. What I am worried about is that I'm finding Top Player too easy. I am dispossessing the CPU too easily. I went up to Super Star and it's ok but I am worried that in ML the CPU scripting will take effect like it did in 2016.

I am flirting between PS4 and PS3 version at the moment. I'm finding PS3 very good. I actually started a league with the 9 teams. And I take it in turn to be different teams (depending on the roll of a dice). First game was River Plate (me) v Corinthians. Luca missed a penalty for Corinthians in the 82 minute and it finished 0-0. Not a bad game on Super Star. No scripti and I hope it stays that way in ML.

PS3 or PS4? Any differences?

cheers
:)

Have you noticed that they improved footplanting? Maybe when you watch a replay or a video will you notice more sliding of the players, but when your player have the ball it feels better with more gravity and almost zero slides.

I'm so in agreement over all of that.

This is why I was asking if anyone was enjoying the default speed (before I played the demo), because I felt like I was losing responsiveness on 2016 when reducing the speed, as well as adding in lots of slow-mo effect during gameplay when some of the animations were slow-mo to begin with (certain goalkeeper dives, for example).

I've been playing the 2017 demo exclusively on the default speed, other than one game I tried on -1 to see if it improved the experience for me, and it didn't. Truly, for the first time in years, this is a game I can enjoy on the default speed against the AI. It's realistically fast, I think - and the physics are spot-on too in terms of ball speed.

For those who think default is too fast - playing on Top Player instead of Superstar reduces the constant AI closing-down (which is a little bit of a nagging worry at the moment, but I think it's opponent-related), and that makes the gameplay less hectic. Of course, that might also make it too easy for you, but not for me, I don't think...

But also, totally agree about manual. If you enjoy playing that way then fair enough, and I'd hate to see them take options away, but for me, I'd rather have semi-assisted everything. It allows better attribute involvement*, and keeps the game from turning into a Flight Simulator-style affair of too much training for a game I get an hour a night to play.

*If I 100% nail the path of a pass or a shot, then let's see it, but if I'm 5% off with a great player, make it go 5% off. With a poor player, make it go 20% off.

good post

I actually was playing the demo at -1 speed and manual pass and manual shoot

but after reading your post last night I decided to give this a go and I actually enjoyed it better on default game speed playing with default pass assist and shoot now. :) I was playing manual pass because I didn't like the fact that sometimes the direction or player I'm passing to sometimes goes to a different player automatically as opposed to manual pass where u have total control where you play the pass... however, once your use to that passing it's not bad. I like the more stats base as you would say

I believe what you said about the stats holds very true and is what I like a lot back in days of PES on the PS2 very much.. I agree with you., When I first played this demo I said it felt like the manual pass should be pass assist 1 and that pass assist 1 should be 2........ but now after playing again last night like you mentioned on top player and default game speed with default controls I enjoyed it alot and the game was a blast.

this PES brings back the addictive feeling when playing it.. the randomness as dr. force says is back. He is right as well.. that's what I miss about this series the most.. it's very different every match you play almost and I keep seeing new things to where I want to capture the replay that I'm like wow that is cool... I can't wait to enjoy the full game like that with all the different teams, players, and tactics.

I love the collisions now with players and the 50 / 50 challenges.. and in the air too.. I think this is the best it's ever been any football game to date. The 50 / 50 challenges and physicalness is spot on

this gameplay can certainly feel addictive. Loving the demo

ps. I forgot to mention I'm also VERY impressed with the keepers. I think these are the best keepers in a footie game ever. I have yet to see a goal that goes in that makes me say ummmmmmmmmmmmm stupid.. keepers suck

Last edited:
Found a bunch of PROS:

- u can aim where to clear the bar

- barca isnt that effective if u change the first team to the B and let the cpu play

- saw only one slip during the rain...from the cpu and it gave me a rare chance. Felt so good

- dont see the over the top backheel finishing move from 2016 at all or any of that

- cpu varies its play and missplace a few risky passes

- cant see Messi heading the ball against Godin

- Man marking works like a charm

- cpu shoots from the distance a lot

- saw an attacking foul: Rakitic attempted a volley and kicked Godin instead. Freekick for Atletic

Last edited:
Couldn't resist a go on the demo at lunchtime. After my experience with the game yesterday (see the "AI cheats or wonky animations" video), I immediately put down the controller and left it alone for the night after feeling like I was fighting the controller to do what I wanted to do.

But I put it on again an hour ago, played as River Plate vs Boca (who have a better overall score for DF, MD and FW according to the team select screen)...

Oh, man. It was delicious again. The gameplay is so smooth, responsive, there's so much variation in there now compared to last year (maybe not as much as FIFA, but more than before, and better AI to go with it, so I'm happy).

I dominated possession, and even pass accuracy, on Superstar, against a better team! That's INSANE for me, coming from 2016. It felt like all of their higher ratings came from a few superstars (Tevez being one of them), rather than all of the players being of a higher standard.

(I have no idea if that's right because I don't follow South American football, but if that happens to be right, let me know, because I'll be amazed how the game communicated that.)

They still managed more shots than me - because they had a couple from distance (again, didn't happen last year, so I'm delighted) - but even though it finished 0-0, it felt so good.

I'm wondering if that terrible game I had yesterday was because I was using Germany - perhaps they just didn't suit me, but they felt slow, lethargic, second-to-everything. Does anyone else feel like that when using Germany?

your not crazy, because i notice this too, i wonder if it's linked to player condition

They need to sort out the colors of the pitch, it's so bright. It makes the game look cartoonish which is not fair because everything else looks detailed and amazing.

Real life Camp Nou

20130519_205402.jpg

PES 2017

PES2017-Camp-Nou-Stadium-04.jpg

I swear, playing as Germany against France on Superstar, it felt like that was happening. See if you can get it to happen - I'd love to know I'm not going crazy!

Just played my next game Barcelona v Germany (me) on Superstar. The difficulty needs to be ranked up a bit. I find defending quite easy, dispossesing the CPU more often than not. I scored after Podolski dispossessed the Barcelona defender and set up Schurle. You may notice it in the clip.

First half Barcelona only had two shots I think. Then the second half, Suarez scored a wonder goal and they came back into it. It was end to and I really enjoyed it. Had a lovely scrap in their penalty area, it's a shame those things don't show up in the highlights at the end.

Anyway Chris, I enjoyed playing as Germany. Haven't experienced any scripting yet or sluggishness.

Here are the highlights...

https://youtu.be/hkhChUbQt9g

Next game Arsenal v France (me)

Back
Top Bottom