PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Hmmm, I think its a bit easy to score with Headers...or maybe its just my style of play or the players, cause I've scored a lot of header goals with Giroud and Suarez....

Have you guys tried to corner tactics? I think its a very nice addition, but I can't get it to work that well....I need practice mode!!

And have you guys scored with Neymar? did he take off his shirt? did you get a yellow card? I haven't done it yet....

I managed to get 5 games under my belt last night and I have some reservations...

Firstly, the AI doesn't present much of a challenge in attack on anything but Superstar difficulty. I was keeping them out with ease and reducing them to one or two shots per 10-minute game. That's not fun.

Secondly, yes I'm really bad at this game but I didn't score a single goal and only managed 3-4 shots per game. The defences are well organised and the GKs are very able, but where's the fun? Don't get me wrong - I don't want huge defensive gaps and dodgy keepers, but the odd mistake wouldn't hurt would it? I played on Superstar against Barcelona using River Plate and went 2-0 down by half time. So I switched sides and promptly lost 3-2. Maybe it's because I'm coming from PES 6 and I need to relearn everything about playing PES, but I hope it all clicks soon because I'm not having much fun. It feels great, it looks ace, and the ebb and flow is certainly there - but I can't score, and neither can the AI on less than superstar.

More play time required methinks.

Any players from south africa on this forum?i hear u can play the demo against a freind online if ur from the same region?how does one post a video to this forum?thanks

20160825_081120.jpg

6 fouls from Barca (cpu) in the game,
3 yellow cards and one red on top-player manual passing
I think foul is fixed in this version

Last edited by a moderator:
Any players from south africa on this forum?i hear u can play the demo against a freind online if ur from the same region?how does one post a video to this forum?thanks

Well there is this one guy you may know on SA GAMER :LOL:

If I am available this weekend we can try.

Video? You will have to link your PS4 to your YouTube account then upload and share the link here.

I saw a nice cutscene yesterday.

Played Arsenal (me) vs Barca (AI).
In the second half I subbed Sanchez and in the cutscene, Pique gave him a friendly tap on his neck (guess I don´t have to explain why? :P ).
For KONAMI I have to say, nice little detail!

Also the breath of the players in cold air are not be seen in cutscenes only, but also in the actual gameplay.

Nice!

After 20 matches i can confirm that stats do matter.

For example:
--if you move S.Busquets and you are near the right wing-line and you try to pass the ball to the left wing-line by low pass, even if you press in full the "X" button, it will never reach it's destination as it won't be enough powerful.

--Also, if you move Muller and try to overrun a defender by just running then for sure the ball will be instantly lost.

--Giroud is great on protecting the ball with his back to the goal and winning the aerial balls also in most cases, but cannot run and if you try to do so then the outcome will be the same as in Muller's case.

--Kante, covers whole field and is one of the most steady, i think that this player (with Koke) will be even more useful than Pogba or Matuidi, but he can't dribble like Pogba.

--I was playing as Germany and in a case i tried to shoot with Khedira's wrong foot with all his power being in a good position with the best run up, but the ball barely reached the keeper, who easily caught the ball in the middle of the goal posts.

Can anyone also confirm that stamina stats do also play any role in players performance, because i am not sure yet.

Man, maybe I'm just really lenient on defenders. I do always think refs are harsh when they start taking things like unnecessary force into the equation. I like the mindset that if the defender gets the ball first, what happens after is just part of the game.

Like this play not too long ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcWRrnYLmX0

I thought the ref could have given him a yellow and moved on.

Man, maybe I'm just really lenient on defenders. I do always think refs are harsh when they start taking things like unnecessary force into the equation. I like the mindset that if the defender gets the ball first, what happens after is just part of the game.

hahah yeah that one was fine.. nothing in it..
200.gif

Last edited:
I noticed a strange freekick given against me this morning. .playing as Boca who are a good side to play as in the demo .. the ball came out of the box to my forward who tried a bicycle kick with a defender challenging and the ref gave a foul against me. .I couldn't figure out if it was for dangerous play cos I didn't touch the defender . .that would be cool wouldn't it?

he didn't really just stand there and try to protect himself.
he gave the guy a serious body check and at that speed he could have broken some ribs

Couldn't resist a go on the demo at lunchtime. After my experience with the game yesterday (see the "AI cheats or wonky animations" video), I immediately put down the controller and left it alone for the night after feeling like I was fighting the controller to do what I wanted to do.

But I put it on again an hour ago, played as River Plate vs Boca (who have a better overall score for DF, MD and FW according to the team select screen)...

Oh, man. It was delicious again. The gameplay is so smooth, responsive, there's so much variation in there now compared to last year (maybe not as much as FIFA, but more than before, and better AI to go with it, so I'm happy).

I dominated possession, and even pass accuracy, on Superstar, against a better team! That's INSANE for me, coming from 2016. It felt like all of their higher ratings came from a few superstars (Tevez being one of them), rather than all of the players being of a higher standard.

(I have no idea if that's right because I don't follow South American football, but if that happens to be right, let me know, because I'll be amazed how the game communicated that.)

They still managed more shots than me - because they had a couple from distance (again, didn't happen last year, so I'm delighted) - but even though it finished 0-0, it felt so good.

I'm wondering if that terrible game I had yesterday was because I was using Germany - perhaps they just didn't suit me, but they felt slow, lethargic, second-to-everything. Does anyone else feel like that when using Germany?

Couldn't resist a go on the demo at lunchtime. After my experience with the game yesterday (see the "AI cheats or wonky animations" video), I immediately put down the controller and left it alone for the night after feeling like I was fighting the controller to do what I wanted to do.

But I put it on again an hour ago, played as River Plate vs Boca (who have a better overall score for DF, MD and FW according to the team select screen)...

Oh, man. It was delicious again. The gameplay is so smooth, responsive, there's so much variation in there now compared to last year (maybe not as much as FIFA, but more than before, and better AI to go with it, so I'm happy).

I dominated possession, and even pass accuracy, on Superstar, against a better team! That's INSANE for me, coming from 2016. It felt like all of their higher ratings came from a few superstars (Tevez being one of them), rather than all of the players being of a higher standard.

(I have no idea if that's right because I don't follow South American football, but if that happens to be right, let me know, because I'll be amazed how the game communicated that.)

They still managed more shots than me - because they had a couple from distance (again, didn't happen last year, so I'm delighted) - but even though it finished 0-0, it felt so good.

I'm wondering if that terrible game I had yesterday was because I was using Germany - perhaps they just didn't suit me, but they felt slow, lethargic, second-to-everything. Does anyone else feel like that when using Germany?

I mentioned earlier that the AI didn't pose much threat to my goal apart from on Superstar difficulty. Are you finding anything like that?

I maintain that PES 6 was the ONLY game from the PS2 era where the AI posed a continuous threat to my goal. 4 and 5 particularly played well but they never got through my defence as much.

I mentioned earlier that the AI didn't pose much threat to my goal apart from on Superstar difficulty. Are you finding anything like that?
Well admittedly, in the game I had earlier, Boca didn't exactly have tons of shots, but that's a result of how I (and they) were set-up, I think. They did come close to scoring once - and when I first played the demo (for hours) on Tuesday, I had a few games where the AI scored twice.

I do see where you're coming from, but I can't see it being an issue in the Master League when "team spirit" comes into it, for example (though saying that, I guess it works both ways - if you've got a slightly higher "team spirit", I hope it doesn't become too easy).

I sucked yesterday too. Think I was trying too hard to do specific things. Also I wasn't using L2 passing as much - I realised in my last game that it makes a big difference because the AI can't predict your passing lanes as well. (Still not interested in using PA 0, it's not football IMO.)

Flamengo vs Corinthians was the best game. I played 5 or 6 as Arsenal vs Barcelona, I find that Barca are brutal at smothering Arsenal's play. It really frustrates me that you can't change tactics or formations at all, right now if I want to play Arsenal vs Barca I have to put up with everything being stacked against how Arsenal try to play. By contrast Arsenal will beat Atleti fairly regularly.

Please just fix the shooting Konami so everyone isn't PES6 Adriano. Please just get the passing to be a bit freer, less locked in, without me having to resort to the lumpen play you get from PA 0. Let speedy players be a bit faster on the ball, so Walcott can outrun Mascherano.

And please don't just make fixing those things what PES 2018 will bring to the table - you could easily patch these things out by Xmas.

Same here, even if I'm no PES hardcore player (more a FIFA player since X360)

I noticed, when playing as France vs Germany, superstar level, there were always 3 defenders on his back !! Did anyone else notice it ?

I maintain that PES 6 was the ONLY game from the PS2 era where the AI posed a continuous threat to my goal. 4 and 5 particularly played well but they never got through my defence as much.

I played as Boca Juniors v Flamengo earlier on Superstar with level 1 passing and manual shooting. They didn't have a shot in the first half and had about 4 in the second. I'm finding it quite easy to defend and disposses them easy too all over the pitch. Even their defenders, my strikers were nicking the ball off them and building an attack. Admittedly I didn't score but I found that I didn't have to concentrate that much.

It may be because they are Exhbition games, or it could be that I was only playing Flamengo. I'm playing a league at the moment with the teams in the demo. Both games have finished 0-0. Next game is Barcelona v Germany (ME). I will post an update.

Back
Top Bottom