PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I'm not in front of the game right now, but Im' sure in my livestream archive it can be found somewhere :) .

My approach with the settings/tactics, etc. is that it is great they exist. I do not think that they are the #1 controller of the attack/defense level. This may make it more clear, if you didn't have the sound on...

Best case scenario, with proper transitioning:

Team1 attacking, Attack level = 4 (1-5 scale)
Team1 dispossessed, Defense level = 3 (1-5 scale)
Team1 defends in defensive third to 18-yardbox, Defense Level = 2 (1-5 scale)

What happens in PES, and needs to be fixed.

Team1 attacking, Attack Level = 4 (1-5 scale)
Team1 dispossessed, Defense level = 2 (1-5 scale)

*As you can see, they jump straight from Level 4 to Level 2, bypassing Level 3. That results in the ultra-retreating and ultra charge. This makes it more end to end, and makes the CPU offense passive when they've lost possession, or even a 50/50 ball occurs.
I've actually fixed that silly panicking ai by upping the levels to 5. Might be high but looks much better than rushing back to defense like mad men IMO.

I've actually fixed that silly panicking ai by upping the levels to 5. Might be high but looks much better than rushing back to defense like mad men IMO.

This sounds interesting. Ive been loving this 'back to orgins' attack/defense slider in game. Btw, Lami, are you doing this just for your team, or can you actually control the other teams attack/defence levels????

This sounds interesting. Ive been loving this 'back to orgins' attack/defense slider in game. Btw, Lami, are you doing this just for your team, or can you actually control the other teams attack/defence levels????
Only did it for my team to test and looked good. Will switch sides and test on CPU soon. I guess they'll automatically change them again though.

Nah thats just a bunch of nonsense. Blind fold yourself and be my guest then if manual gets easy after a while... :P

Passing levels were just right in PES 2015. Try it for yourself. Ever since its broken.

And i think shooting is like flipping a coin, i dont understand how could be a backward shot more powerful than a running up shot...i mean wtf

Level 1 passing in PES 2016 (I haven't tried 2017) was more assisted than 4 bars assistance in PES 2014/2015.

It's probably their attempt to recreate the PES 6 passing system which was pretty much on rail. I just don't understand why they put 3 levels above manual that feels exactly the same.

They should have just gone with 2 options (Manual or Assisted), or better (Manual, Semi, Assisted) then everyone will be happy, well probably not everyone.

Played a few games yesterday. Settled on a custom camera of 7, 0, 5.

Have seen fouls and yellow cards. Some quite eager defending from the AI at times. Good goalkeeping and some nice physicality all over the pitch. Have seen some errant passes, including one from Neuer when he played out from a goal kick to the centre back who mis-controlled it and I pinched the ball and had a shot, which missed.

It's more satisfying to score now when you see the keeper has tried his hardest but still couldn't save it, as per this video I posted on my Twitter:
https://twitter.com/Frank_theTank78/status/768453626591272960

I like the controller feedback you get when shooting (reminds me of Top Spin) and the sound of the woodwork now.

Played vs Barcelona on Superstar and there pressure was relentless. Night time lighting not that great but daytime looked really good. Xbox One looked visually good enough for me based on my camera angle and the cutscenes etc looked brilliant.

Yes, I did the same, my livestream from late last night/today was spent adjusting my tactics to see if the CPU would "adapt".

I made a post on NGB on how I approached it:

Out of 1-5 pt scale.
So if they are defending at Def Level 2 (low), then I would raise my ATT to Level 4 (High). If they were on Def Level 3 (medium, "green"), then I would just match it, or even increase my ATT to Level 4 (High).

For my defending, I would counter if they went to ATT Level 4 (High), then I would drop my DEF to Level 3 (Medium, "green"). If they were at ATT Level 2 (Low) *Germany does this*, then I would use DEF Level 3 as well.

In this example, from my livestream this morning, @1:22:40 I show more about what I"m talking about:

*excuse my kids in the background building a train...or destroying a train...either/or*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMSoblIzuyw

Well that didn't work.. Just switched to CPU, changed to level 5 and back to my team and they reverted to level 3 again.

Well that didn't work.. Just switched to CPU, changed to level 5 and back to my team and they reverted to level 3 again.

Yup, was so frustrated last night in trying to get it right. I was mislead at the time because Flamengo was staying on 3/green the whole time. Then played other teams and they went all over the place.

I know you can set it on 'manual' or 'manual on' for yourself, so maybe you can do the same when you switch teams, or does it still become automatic as soon as you make the team cpu again. Ill give it a go tonight.

On my team though, ive been going from 3-5.. and makes a big difference.. you notice on the playing map, all the players, particularly wingers moving up as soon as you go 5.. so its responsive which is good.

Just a quick question for those in the know. With the 2 attacking strategies.. lets say I do "tika taka" for up (dpad), and "wing play or whatever its called" on the down (dpad). If you select both of these on during gameplay, as opposed to just one being on, does that mean both strategies are on.. ie. a mixture of both??? hope that makes sense.

I know with pes6 you can have up to 4 strategies to chose, eg. counter, center attack, wing attack, etc... by doing the L2 or L1 and triangle, circle, square or x... If you selected all 4 (ie. you can see the triangle, circle, square and x on the screen at the same time) does that mean you are using all 4 strategies, or just the most recent one... ?? never fully understood this.

Just looked above, and realised im bad at explaining stuff.. so disregard this if it makes no sense hahahah...

I hope they dont listen to these clowns :RANT:

Easy fix to him: dont pressure like s noob. People should adapt a more logical and rational form of defending rather than playing with this mentality of "I need to to steal the ball as quick as possible as the world is about to end and this is my last game in my lfe".

fb1d8c50a2f177d5a6cc78ff9664fe6f.jpg

Right? As you can tell, I haven't quite mastered manual crossing...:SMUG:

I figured that out when you said you mis-hit the cross. Only manual crossing could have caused that. I was trying to work out whether you were pulling the ball back for a free player initially. You definitely got some bounces go your way for that goal :BOP:

I scored a quite amazing goal last night from a yard out which I've never seen on a football game before......

Cross pinged in first time from the left on the half volley, defender took a crap touch 6 yards out near the keeper and ball spun up a bit to shoulder height, my right winger nipped in, was a yard ahead of the ball, flicked it with the back of his left heel Zlatan style to take control, and in that time, the keeper had dived to get this loose ball, missed it, and next touch was cushioning it with a touch into the empty net.

It looked amazing. Would love to upload it, but was on a secondary profile, not my primary so not sure if I can.

There are certain things this game has really got right. As an "old" pes player, I'm used to Fifa over the last few years, so need alot of help on how to dribble, what settings to use etc.

I'm not in front of the game right now, but Im' sure in my livestream archive it can be found somewhere :) .

My approach with the settings/tactics, etc. is that it is great they exist. I do not think that they are the #1 controller of the attack/defense level. This may make it more clear, if you didn't have the sound on...

Best case scenario, with proper transitioning:

Team1 attacking, Attack level = 4 (1-5 scale)
Team1 dispossessed, Defense level = 3 (1-5 scale)
Team1 defends in defensive third to 18-yardbox, Defense Level = 2 (1-5 scale)

What happens in PES, and needs to be fixed.

Team1 attacking, Attack Level = 4 (1-5 scale)
Team1 dispossessed, Defense level = 2 (1-5 scale)

*As you can see, they jump straight from Level 4 to Level 2, bypassing Level 3. That results in the ultra-retreating and ultra charge. This makes it more end to end, and makes the CPU offense passive when they've lost possession, or even a 50/50 ball occurs.

I have a feeling they might fix it on the launch. It's probably just a bug and it needs to actually transition.

Lol at the cross.

I scored something similar and stuck my tongue out lol.

I was trying to play a cheeky ball to Suarez, but the only way that ball would have gotten to him is if he was on the halfway line. :WHISTLE:

Phew, enough games for me for now. And that "pass" from Messi was just me doing a sombrero and it happened to go to Suarez. Thank the PES gods. I agree with ram below.

Last edited:
Lol at the cross.

I scored something similar and stuck my tongue out lol.
this what gives PES the admiration that we all want, having goals like these, out of nowhere, scrambling inside the area, ball hits a defender goes up and then a striker hits it with his head lobs the keeper for goals, it's those things that puts PES apart compared to the other game.

So, no possibility to move players in game plan now? Also, there's no chance to edit team tactics, disabled in demo I guess.

To me (PS3) it's like 2016 but more fluid, too many games to play before giving an opinion about 2016's flaws fixed or not.

Zlatan is going to be unreal on this. Even with Giroud I was holding up the ball up top waiting for support, winning headers that I had no right to and generally putting myself about. Such a different way of playing a football game compared to the usual pass, pass, goal. Also, long balls are so much fun in this game that I might just chuck Rooney in midfield and spread the ball out to Valencia at every given opportunity.

I beg anyone that wants to get the most out of this game (demo) to just throw it on manual and a high difficulty, and play it properly. Adjust the way you play to the players you have and it will be so much fun.

One small thing i liked was that my strikers actually made some sort of effort of following the play and tracking back when defending.

Another was witnessing players moving or retreating from the area wheb using the att/def levels aat a free kick in crossing/launching position

First impressions.

Improvement, but:
-AI is still making too few fouls, in 10 games, 3. But I see others have different experience.
-Shooting is more varied, but still not enough. Keepers much better, but still happy to stay on their lines if you are crowded with some defenders.
- passing speed is too much and looks strange regarding the animations

Based on regular, full manual, PS4, played as barca against Atletico and Arsenal.

Do you think that on Professional I will get more fouls?

Still not sure if it will be enough against Fifa this year..

Yes indeed!
I played on professional and when I played France (me) against Germany (AI) they played very agressive and fouled me 6 times and got also some yellow cards.
It depends on teams, difficulaty and refs it seems.

They shouldn´t change nothing about the fouls!!!!
To me it´s just right.

A question to players who feel the shooting is to "overpowerd"
What game speed are you on?
Since I don't find it the same as you,it's not critism,just a question.
I'm on -1 btw.
I got a bit confused reading that some found it that way last night,I played a ton of games,and right after I watched the latest "Football league show" and seeing the screamers there,especially between Derby and Villa,didn't really unstarstand the critisism.
But then again,I'm on -1
If it's overpowerd on reg,haven't tried it,but if,guess it's valid then

Yes same here as I played -1 too and I wanna answer this with quoting myself on the bold part:

Finally I had some more time and played around 7, 8 games on PA 1, -1 speed, professional.

First of all, I really like it!
It's a really good game and I see myself playing ML again which I have skipped for two years.
Just mentioning that I didn't like PES 2015 and 2016.
Came back to 2016 many times until I understood that it just isn't my game.

But this one feels so right. This should have been PES 2016.

It looks like that the unpredictability is back!
The variation in CPU goal shots is outstanding!
Germany scored such a nice header against my France team: Müller crossed the ball to Podolski and he headed the ball in a high bow over my keeper.

And fouls are there! CPU fouled me 6 times in one match. It was almost annoying...cause at times the AI plays very agressive.

Mostly I admired the AI goals as I barely have scored any :D.
The ones I've scored haven't been really rewarding.
One was a ball that came to me strikers feet after deflection and the other one...I'll get to it.

Finally the replays are beautiful again! And they put a specific filter on it that some of them look like they're from a real match.

The ball physics are great too - except for ground passing.
I see nice trajectories and I made a lobbed throughball to Torres which he didn't get, but in the replay you saw the curve of the ball...looked great!

I also checked the shooting.
In fact I'm quite fine with it.
Müller took a long distance shot with his weak foot, Khedira had one out of the box with a kicking power of 73, Sanchez had a volley with his weak foot and all those didn't feel powerful.
On the other hand I had a strong shot with Girouds strong foot and he has a kicking power of above 80 if I remember right.

What's also nice...shots miss the goal more often and that on basic setting.

Really realy good but I have two things that annoy me:
PA level 1 is too assisted.
Often the ball gets to a player I didn't aim to.
In fact I have that problem since PES 2012 when they started with that assistance levels.
I've never found one that I was satisfied with.
I want it to be like th3 passing of PES 2011.
That was great for me.

Then R2 shots. If you shoot from a specific angle, the ball makes the same curve and it's a guaranteed goal.
Seen that in the former releases too.

I haven't had that bumb-my-fist moments yet but the potential is there.
And I hardly scored anyway.
I'm really fine with it.

Btw,
on the german official PES Facebook page are comments about rants of the ref being too strict and they want it to be like last year.
I hope KONAMI doesn't pay attention.

Really enjoying it so far. I've been playing on the highest difficulty setting and my results have been varied; first game I beat Germany 1-0 with France; second game I lost 2-1 to River as Atletico; and in my most recent game I ran over Atletico 5-1 as Barcelona!

My only minor annoyance is the lag during cutscenes, goals etc. It's a bit of an immersion killer. I've never understood why game developers feel the urge to sacrifice fps in favour of maxing out the graphics. It just makes the game feel disjointed. Hopefully they have optimised this since the demo build.

Back
Top Bottom