PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Those who say it is a PES 2016.5 just play more.
Everything is for the better. It reminded me the change from Winning Eleven 8 to Winning Eleven 8 Liveware Evolution.

Yes. YES! You nailed it.

That's exactly how I feel. That's why I call it PES 2016.5, in a good way :)

So, I have a tendency to try to pull off over elaborate things when I play offline. A lot of it doesn't come off, but sometimes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZmXjIDOUoo

I had that seemingly rare, and elusive "PES moment." Needless to say I'm enjoying myself. Ozil and Sanchez are sublime. I try to get them on the ball as often as possible.

EDIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNXbB1dcqis

Just scored this as well, and I was quite pleased since I'm on manual. I hadn't scored in 5-6 matches besides that Sanchez goal so it felt good.

Last edited:
So, Lami... that check from Japan finally arrived to ya, eh? LOL. Just Kidding.

Actually, I was so NOT looking forward to this game but after reading all of Lami's comments really got me hyped up (Matt's too). Coming from a man that's always so down-to-earth and centered really makes me want to give this PES the benefit of the doubt, to say the least.

BTW: Why did you get the XBOX ONE instead of a PS4, my dearest Lami?.

Finally it seems Adam's getting back some credibility afterall. We might just start trusting in him for PES 2018 huh?. Big up to him!

I was reading page 152 still when I wrote this and Romagnoli goes "I'll give it 7 pages before it turns all negative again" HA! One more page...

P.S: Who the hell is possiboy, DuduBR9? LOL!

I'm new to ps4. If Konami bring out an update for this in a few months that screws the game up, is it possible to roll back to the previous version? Can you save updates to usb and boot from that?

I'm used to a ps2 where I had one perfect option file that couldn't be bypassed unless I chose to. What's the deal here?

Hi, i think you are best to buy the disc version rather than digital download. Then you can revert back. I could be wrong though.

Just downloading the PS4 demo now so should be good to go by the time i get home from work.

I bought a PS4 for PES 2015 alone. Then switched to PC for the modding.
Bought PES 2016 for PS4, loved it the first 3 months. Then switched to PC for the modding. Then sold the PS4 because I started to hate PES 2016 badly.

Now, after reading all these pages (took me about an hour, literally) I'm thinking of getting a PS4 again. Could I be more stupid? Geez...

I'm still in awe of the amazing defense awareness this game has, they have really done a top job there, as for fouls I'm getting a lot against me, no issues with fouls for me so far and have played over 30 games.

Last but not least: In that video a couple of pages back posted by DuduBR9 (scored with Messi) the second replay camera is so amazing. How long will it take for Konami realize that unlocking all these cameras or providing new ones (like the Broadcast one that Matt uses but without the annoying panning/zomming effect near the boxes) would make the game so much more realistic and would even help them cover-up some bad animations and non-existant foot-planting?

You can clearly see that in the video I'm talking about. In the first replay I was like "meh..." because there were many annoyances that got me distracted from actually appreciating the goal. But then, when I saw the second replay from that camera I was "wow! Looks like a real match!!!".

I hate that things like this, that would take the devs 40mintues to do, prevent me from embracing this game.

Last but not least: In that video a couple of pages back posted by DuduBR9 (scored with Messi) the second replay camera is so amazing. How long will it take for Konami realize that unlocking all these cameras or providing new ones (like the Broadcast one that Matt uses but without the annoying panning/zomming effect near the boxes) would make the game so much more realistic and would even help them cover-up some bad animations and non-existant foot-planting?

yeah, i hate the annoying panning/zomming effect near the boxes. Fan view would be nice unlocked..

You can clearly see that in the video I'm talking about. In the first replay I was like "meh..." because there were many annoyances that got me distracted from actually appreciating the goal. But then, when I saw the second replay from that camera I was "wow! Looks like a real match!!!".

I hate that things like this, that would take the devs 40mintues to do, prevent me from embracing this game.

Broadcast cam looks nice but I cant play with Live TV cam, I have no idea how some you play well on that view.

I like the classic wide cam from the oLD PES, and it seems Pes 2017 has it better than last year!

So, Lami... that check from Japan finally arrived to ya, eh? LOL. Just Kidding.

Actually, I was so NOT looking forward to this game but after reading all of Lami's comments really got me hyped up (Matt's too). Coming from a man that's always so down-to-earth and centered really makes me want to give this PES the benefit of the doubt, to say the least.

BTW: Why did you get the XBOX ONE instead of a PS4, my dearest Lami?.

Finally it seems Adam's getting back some credibility afterall. We might just start trusting in him for PES 2018 huh?. Big up to him!

I was reading page 152 still when I wrote this and Romagnoli goes "I'll give it 7 pages before it turns all negative again" HA! One more page...

P.S: Who the hell is possiboy, DuduBR9? LOL!

I wish... Would defo come in handy being jobless atm :ANX:

I take it you played it?

EDIT: Oh I got the Xbone version because it was available first. Now I'm on the PS4.

EDIT 2: Wait, you meant the actual consoles.. I have both :P

Last edited:
I like the Demo so far. Not perfect, but very entertaining.

The biggest issue for me is a graphical thing:

In the new generic Arena, the goal net looks really nice at the goal on the left side, but the one on right, which is in the shadow at daytime, the net is ugly grey and hardly visible.

Can someone explain me why they make the goal look so ugly?

I'm still in awe of the amazing defense awareness this game has, they have really done a top job there, as for fouls I'm getting a lot against me, no issues with fouls for me so far and have played over 30 games.

How are you going with the CB diagonal runs??? Id say its 50% of the time,(on ps4, superstar, full manual) I can pass it to a CB and run in and out, away from ai, and get to other side and make a shot on goal. Again, sometimes the DM's will aggressively go for me, sometimes not...

All in all though, Im with you.. the Defensive AI and particularly aggression is much better. Night n day in terms of pes17 vs pes16.. im getting heaps of foul for and against me... great news!!!!

A couple of other mentions (some purely cosmetic).
+ Crowd looks the best its ever looked..actually looks plausible for this gen.. love it..
+nets for me have improved in terms of realism...
+Love the Attacking/Defensive mindset bar that they've brought back.. ie. dpad up and down.. makes a huge difference..and its on full manual.. meaning (unlike ps2 days, or pes6 on pc) it wont automatically change back to other settings, ie. stays where you last left it. Ive tried the full defense, ie. fully blue, and once I win the ball.. moved it up to full attack.. and you should see the players, including RB and LB, bomb up the pitch.. awesome stuff.. makes a big difference.
+Keepers are amazing.. really adds to this game. Seen a few mistakes, but realistic ones, eg. deflections into the goal, which don't look cheap or staged. Im amazed at how much improved they are...
+Vibration control.... wow.. just how I imagined it.. really adds to the weight of this game. I think once you can control the sound settings (cant do it atm), ill pump up the ball sounds, to make it more immersive...

Overall, Awesome game.. what id love to see improve (hopefully for pes18) is better running animations.. if the animations were based around the realism of pes14 including player models id be ecstatic. Sprinting in pes2017 doesn't feel like sprinting... and I think this has to do with pes16ish animations, plus the poor foot planting. Feet need to move quicker. Hard to explain, but it still aint looking right. Despite this, I think the positives WAY OUTDO THE NEGATIVES. Brilliant game so far :)

I like the Demo so far. Not perfect, but very entertaining.

The biggest issue for me is a graphical thing:

In the new generic Arena, the goal net looks really nice at the goal on the left side, but the one on right, which is in the shadow at daytime, the net is ugly grey and hardly visible.

Can someone explain me why they make the goal look so ugly?

good point, noticed this aswell.. camp nou's goals look amazing in comparison. Im really impressed at the net physics this time around.. they were decent in pes16, but much more realistic in this version...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdnVyTocR54
i think, he 's talking about a good point, it's the mentality of attack/defend thing, needs to be worked on, if no one can defend u on the flanks its gonna be a hassle, and doesn't look good...but i love the pace, the old feel of PES is there, check the goal after scramble inside the area, it's these things we look for yes..

I’ve played about 10 + games on PES2017, here are my thoughts

I think calling it PES2016.5 is a bit harsh, I was reading reviews on evo-web and I was concerned when hearing this. But I realised upon playing my first few games, this wasn’t really the case (or maybe it is, and i’m just enjoyjng it so much that I can’t fathom a .5 up on a game I really disliked can be so enjoyable). From what I can remember the old PES’s on PS2 all looked the same, but played so different.

I was 0-0 with 10 min to go against Flamengo and ozil crossed and amazing cross and Walcott flew across the air at the far post to get to a header, I missed it. But i said to myself, I like that. I really enjoyed that. I got a feeling of playing a football game.

Last year PES2016 was my fun alternative to FIFA 16, it was boring, fast and easy, whilt FIFA was the sim. This year I think it’s going to be the opposite and i’m delighted about that.

I’m not going to condemn the slight things about this game that stop it from perfection, who knows fixing certain things, might ruin others. And as far as i’m concerned the balance is lovely. So i’m just going to rejoice in a title, that makes me smile and makes me rememember why I joined EVO-WEB 10 years ago, a game that got me giddy excited to play and share my love for it and experiences with it with others.

Possiboy ? Did I write that ? I havo no idea what you are talking about lol

Are you on PC only ?

Yeah! I'm sure I read that. But don't worry, it may not have been you who wrote it. After 1 hour of reading all the pages I missed since two days ago, my mind might be playing tricks on me. LOL

Broadcast cam looks nice but I cant play with Live TV cam, I have no idea how some you play well on that view.

I like the classic wide cam from the oLD PES, and it seems Pes 2017 has it better than last year!

Broadcast came would be incredibly realistic if unlocked AND specially with that zoom-in near the boxes. IMHO, of course!

I wish... Would defo come in handy being jobless atm :ANX:

I take it you played it?

EDIT: Oh I got the Xbone version because it was available first. Now I'm on the PS4.

EDIT 2: Wait, you meant the actual consoles.. I have both :P

No bro, not played it quite yet. I got an invitation to a Konami/PES 2017 event in Argentina event. It's on Thursday. I guess that'll definetely tip my scales towards one game or the other and whether or not I re-buy a PS4 again just for PES...... damn. I'm so naive, lol.

ANd Oh, alright got ya. I didn't know you have both. Lucky you my friend!

How are you going with the CB diagonal runs??? Id say its 50% of the time,(on ps4, superstar, full manual) I can pass it to a CB and run in and out, away from ai, and get to other side and make a shot on goal. Again, sometimes the DM's will aggressively go for me, sometimes not...

All in all though, Im with you.. the Defensive AI and particularly aggression is much better. Night n day in terms of pes17 vs pes16.. im getting heaps of foul for and against me... great news!!!!

A couple of other mentions (some purely cosmetic).
+ Crowd looks the best its ever looked..actually looks plausible for this gen.. love it..
+nets for me have improved in terms of realism...
+Love the Attacking/Defensive mindset bar that they've brought back.. ie. dpad up and down.. makes a huge difference..and its on full manual.. meaning (unlike ps2 days, or pes6 on pc) it wont automatically change back to other settings, ie. stays where you last left it. Ive tried the full defense, ie. fully blue, and once I win the ball.. moved it up to full attack.. and you should see the players, including RB and LB, bomb up the pitch.. awesome stuff.. makes a big difference.
+Keepers are amazing.. really adds to this game. Seen a few mistakes, but realistic ones, eg. deflections into the goal, which don't look cheap or staged. Im amazed at how much improved they are...
+Vibration control.... wow.. just how I imagined it.. really adds to the weight of this game. I think once you can control the sound settings (cant do it atm), ill pump up the ball sounds, to make it more immersive...

Overall, Awesome game.. what id love to see improve (hopefully for pes18) is better running animations.. if the animations were based around the realism of pes14 including player models id be ecstatic. Sprinting in pes2017 doesn't feel like sprinting... and I think this has to do with pes16ish animations, plus the poor foot planting. Feet need to move quicker. Hard to explain, but it still aint looking right. Despite this, I think the positives WAY OUTDO THE NEGATIVES. Brilliant game so far :)

i tried it a few times but you really need to focus alot more to pull it off, whereas pes16 was very very easy to do, its a good game, individuality will be important for once, so far so good, superstar definately is challenging thats for sure.

H

Spoke my mind!
Animations in general have looked dated for a big while now. Like Lami said. But dribbling/running/sprinting animations are the worst! Can't believe how something as vital as those 3 group of animations can continue to be/look/feel exactly the same year after year after year. I mean, it's the most basic thing in football! Carrying the ball for crying out loud!

PA 1 still too assisted, another year with manual passing online then.

Also, when playing with PA 1 L1 + square always goes forward, even though u aim for a totally different angle.

Otherwise the game seems nice

Spoke my mind!
Animations in general have looked dated for a big while now. Like Lami said. But dribbling/running/sprinting animations are the worst! Can't believe how something as vital as those 3 group of animations can continue to be/look/feel exactly the same year after year after year. I mean, it's the most basic thing in football! Carrying the ball for crying out loud!

Yea. They definitely look like they've pushed this animation set to the limit. I hope this means we're getting a new set next year. Something refreshing. And without breaking the gameplay balance.

Hi, i think you are best to buy the disc version rather than digital download. Then you can revert back. I could be wrong though.

Just downloading the PS4 demo now so should be good to go by the time i get home from work.

Hi geeee

Yeah, I've preordered the disc, can't be doing with digital downloads.

If Konami patch this, say three times, in a few months and the third messes it up, can I roll back to patch 2 instead or do I have to play it out the box with no patch applied?

Thanks.

I don't think you can choose which patch to download and use...so its either latest one, or from scratch.

Of course, if you don't apply the newest one, then that'd be fine too...but I guess you'd never know if its ruined or not until you apply the patch...right?

I don't think you can choose which patch to download and use...so its either latest one, or from scratch.

Of course, if you don't apply the newest one, then that'd be fine too...but I guess you'd never know if its ruined or not until you apply the patch...right?

think so too. but disk copy isn't going to make a difference, you can reinstall digital version and pause updates

Last edited:
...btw.. this pes in the rain is whole different ball game.. amazing.. love the weight of the ball in the rain... feels amazing. Players and ball physics are hugely improved in the rain. First time ever im actually enjoying the wet games more than the dry...

Honestly don't see the point in someone buying the game at all if "patch paranoia" is going to be a thing for them. As far as I know the digital version of the game is always updated so as you are downloading the latest version. Will be different for the disc version I suppose.

To be honest, I found that PES2016's patches didn't do enough.

Looking forward to trying this again later today, but also don't want to scunner myself either. I'm also being careful as to what I read on here and elsewhere as there are always posts from some folks (I emphasise "some") whom I swear download the demo/buy the game and just try to find the most obscure exploits and bugs. Fair enough, but I am not particularly interested in having a game ruined for me, nor am I/should I be an unpaid playtester. The faults/bugs/annoyances emerging naturally (which they always do) is my preferred route to discovery.

Reading around other PES forums and it isn't hard to figure out why I post about the game more often here than elsewhere. Look elsewhere and there is just ignorance and/or ridiculous claims made against the game. At least here there is discussion.

Sent from my LG-P920 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom