PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Does the ball feel heavy in a good way? I haven't played it yet, but I would like to hear some.
The ball has felt heavy a long time dude,even on 15-16 you could "feel the shot"
Thought you've tried the demo since you compared games a few posts ago?
The deleted one.
And yes you can feel the ball on 17, don't know how realistic that is nowadays,with the petrol station ball used in football

@patzor: metaphorical irony, excess vs excess

Btw i can't find how to curve the ball, nothing seems to be explained on "help" and option

The ball feels "hard" while you kick it, but not heavy, like a bowling ball which can keep rolling over and over.

Last edited:
I am liking what I am playing a lot. This year I am just going to be out of forums just to not read some flaws that most of time I would not see, but after reading they become annoying lol.

I am going to put much more hours into the demo and then I will make my little review in the goods and bads and that's it.

Pace is great, physicality is better, I'm loving the way r2 shoots are not OP anymore at least in basic shooting setting. Passing could have more error in direction not just on speed as it is now, but I like that they need the through balls too or should I say the defense is that better that tracks forwards much better and cut gaps much better than last year.

So far so good, some animations of the keepers are awkward as the moondive in slow motion where they grab the powerful shoot as it was nothing.

My first match.

At the begining I was struggling a bit with power bar on manual passing. I was too used to PES 2016 amd now it feels different, I was not sure if it was so sensitive so I made some weak passes, but Im now used to it.

The final minute goal is really Messi in real life at his best. Individuality is very, very good on this game.

https://youtu.be/Fy19BZSsUYM

Great vid and lovely goal. Nice to see the game played properly.

Something that hasn't been mentioned often is the responsiveness of the feints with the R analog. They've really improved this aspect as well

The ball has felt heavy a long time dude,even on 15-16 you could "feel the shot"
Thought you've tried the demo since you compared games a few posts ago?
The deleted one.
And yes you can feel the ball on 17, don't know how realistic that is nowadays,with the petrol station ball used in football

No what I meant is does the ball move as heavy as it should when passing/crossing/shooting or is it just ping pong like PES 2016 was. I had to switch to Manual to feel it last year, which is also frustrating at times since shooting is just way too overpowered still.

First time in a long time I lose am opening match. 3-2 top player barca vs atletico.

Next match I schooled them though. I really do not like the default pace and the shooting power it's almost always rocket like.

Do you mean curving it after the shot?otherwise it's the right stick

Yes, the trajectory line doesn't change with the right stick like it was in the previous version on set pieces.
So i wonder if it still there since there's no explanation even on "Command list"

I really do not like the default pace and the shooting power it's almost always rocket like.

Same for me, but the ball tense has no more weight like it was in the previous version.
On PES 2015-16 the ball seemed much more dangerous due to his bowling shape, like an attempted murder on every shoot
The principal issue is the ball speed and trajectory sometimes, not consistency. But still better than PES 2015-16

Last edited:
Great vid and lovely goal. Nice to see the game played properly.

Thanks, mate!

Just for those who may be curious about the goal, heres a video of just 36s showing it.

https://youtu.be/p3uo9TvNfW4

Inreally tried to replicate Messi. From the quick feints and his natural close ball control to the finishing, it felt a lot like him.

This goal felt like I would hardly replicate the same goal wth other player in the game. The way he can take many quick touchs on the bal and keeping it so close whole sprinting is beautiful.

I also feel that doing just that, moving from right to left using that quick feint move on the right anolog stick makes his dribbling skills more deadly then making that same quick feint with the right analog stick with his right foot, that is, moving from left to right.

It captures really well his dribbling style.

Yes, the trajectory line doesn't change with the right stick like it was in the previous version on set pieces.
So i wonder if it still there since there's no explanation even on "Command list"

Same for me, but the ball tense has no more weight like it was in the previous version.
On PES 2015-16 the ball seemed much more dangerous due to his bowling shape, like an attempted murder on every shoot
The principal issue is the ball speed and trajectory sometimes, not consistency. But still better than PES 2015-16
I'm firing mine up in five,get back to you on that.
But I'm pretty shure I curved it on my fi st two games

Left stick mate,don't know if you're on ps4
I curve my corners ,FK and goal kick with left

@rockstongo thanks, but i tried without results

Talking about shoot, try to find the opportunity to make a well good shoot from distance is hard, there's always a player between you and the goal, good thing.
But for example vs Atlético, the team let more space, waiting for you to miss a pass. It really depends on tactics.

I remember those loose ball/long shoot perfect goal trajectory in pratically every match on previous version... That was a nightmare

@DuduBR9: great goals and not easy as it seems especially the Messi's one

Left stick mate,don't know if you're on ps4

Yes i know, you can change the trajectory but not the curve "separatly". That's what i mean
Perhaps the trajectory is automatically done related to the "curve" attribute when you push to the limits of the FK amplitude if you know what i mean.

Last edited:
@rockstongo thanks, but i tried without results

Talking about shoot, try to find the opportunity to make a well good shoot from distance is hard, there's always a player between you and the goal, good thing.
But for example vs Atlético, the team let more space, waiting for you to miss a pass. It really depends on tactics.

I remember those loose ball/long shoot perfect goal trajectory in pratically every match on previous version... That was a nightmare

@DuduBR9: great goals and not easy as it seems especially the Messi's one

Yes i know, you can change the trajectory but not the curve "separatly". That's what i mean
Perhaps the trajectory is automatically done related to the "curve" attribute when you push to the limits of the FK amplitude if you know what i mean.
Aha sorry mate misunderstood.
One thing I found out,I was switching sides on and of just to have loads of freekick.
Seems like good shooters have more bend option on FK close to goal,than average.
Don't know if that was the case before.
And yeah,lots of traffic,hard to find good spots to shoot from

I totally disagree with the shooting being overpowered or repetitive.
I had so many strange and good shots by just tapping or hitting it quick.
All from toe pokes,to the inside of the foot.
One goal I scored was a corner clearance that got a chested and shot on the volley outside the box,and took two bounces on the pitch before going in low=across the ground.
Also the ball physics and shooting on -1 is fab,best I've seen in a long time

Here's my contribution.

I've been playing it all evening and loving it. It's much more fluid, and I've not seen many "iffy" moments where I've felt like the CPU has cheated me. Playing around with the tactics - the ones you're allowed to at least - has made an instant difference, and in some cases, changed the game.

Here's a highlights package for you that's a case-in-point - easier for you to see what I mean than explain it:

Boca (me) v River Plate (AI), Superstar, level 1 assist.

The first half was a bore. Both sides playing patient football but defending too well for anything to happen.

The second half started with a bang - though I felt like it was a bit of a rubbish goal for the CPU to score (in terms of, you're diving for the ball when it's at my defenders feet, from that far out, really?).

I started playing with the defence / attack level, and suddenly the game sparked into life. More runs, more risk, more adventure.

(Then, you've got the corner flag moment... I was laughing for a good while at that. It's the little touches that make matches hang around in your memory.)

Suddenly, the AI makes a terrible pass (for real!), and my pressure wins me possession in a dangerous position, but my shot (which would have flew into the net in 2016) was high and wide, because it was rushed. I've never been happier to see a shot miss.

Then, the equaliser. It came from (deep breath) a terrible mistake by the CPU (two in a row, excuse me while I cry "hallelujah"), which Tevez couldn't really miss. It's so good to see that the CPU is now capable of properly cocking up a pass.

Their second goal (to make it 2-1), again, I felt was a rubbish goal at the time because I felt like I'd done enough to stop it going in - BUT, upon watching the replay... I actually think the way the ball bounces up is pretty brilliant, it's showing new physics as far as I'm concerned, and it's a nice goal in reality.

And finally... The winning goal. A goal I celebrated with absolute glee. The way the ball slices off his foot and curls into the corner... Be still my beating heart.

All the little things that used to make every match in PES feel different... They feel much more prominent now. The corner flag incident, the AI cock-up at the back, the ball flicking up after my tackle for the AI to tuck away. Nothing like that sticks out in my 2016 ML save.

The goals are different, too, so they stick in your mind (yes there's plenty of rebounds and low shots, but there's definitely more variety).

It's early days and (as someone said earlier) "subject to change", but, I'm in love with it at the moment. Hopefully I don't start to notice any patterns or anything.

Last edited:
Nice volley. Lodiero looks like one for the ML team. I couldn't resist the dribbing prowess of D'allesandro and poured for river plate. Weirdly the foul count had dissappeared. I wonder if it's linked to players ability. With barca I was getting tons of em but not with Riverplate!

I had very few fouls playin Boca vs Corinthians,dry pitch.
Think they defend very central,and I played down the wings.
One thing I've always done trailing a game,cut from side and run along the box,easily say it doesn't work here,not in my games so far.
It's good,real good.
I've recorded a kinda dull 0-0 game,might put it up later.
Btw,the defending is so smooth.
This might be the first PES game you can play 20 minutes and not having 7-5 scores.
Man I'm stoked

Last edited:
Here's my contribution.

I've been playing it all evening and loving it. It's much more fluid, and I've not seen many "iffy" moments where I've felt like the CPU has cheated me. Playing around with the tactics - the ones you're allowed to at least - has made an instant difference, and in some cases, changed the game.

Here's a highlights package for you that's a case-in-point - easier for you to see what I mean than explain it:

The first half was a bore. Both sides playing patient football but defending too well for anything to happen.

The second half started with a bang - though I felt like it was a bit of a rubbish goal for the CPU to score (in terms of, you're diving for the ball when it's at my defenders feet, from that far out, really?).

I started playing with the defence / attack level, and suddenly the game sparked into life. More runs, more risk, more adventure.

(Then, you've got the corner flag moment... I was laughing for a good while at that. It's the little touches that make matches hang around in your memory.)

Suddenly, the AI makes a terrible pass (for real!), and my pressure wins me possession in a dangerous position, but my shot (which would have flew into the net in 2016) was high and wide, because it was rushed. I've never been happier to see a shot miss.

Then, the equaliser. It came from (deep breath) a terrible mistake by the CPU (two in a row, excuse me while I cry "hallelujah"), which Tevez couldn't really miss. It's so good to see that the CPU is now capable of properly cocking up a pass.

Their second goal (to make it 2-1), again, I felt was a rubbish goal at the time because I felt like I'd done enough to stop it going in - BUT, upon watching the replay... I actually think the way the ball bounces up is pretty brilliant, it's showing new physics as far as I'm concerned, and it's a nice goal in reality.

And finally... The winning goal. A goal I celebrated with absolute glee. The way the ball slices off his foot and curls into the corner... Be still my beating heart.

All the little things that used to make every match in PES feel different... They feel much more prominent now. The corner flag incident, the AI cock-up at the back, the ball flicking up after my tackle for the AI to tuck away. Nothing like that sticks out in my 2016 ML save.

The goals are different, too, so they stick in your mind (yes there's plenty of rebounds and low shots, but there's definitely more variety).

It's early days and (as someone said earlier) "subject to change", but, I'm in love with it at the moment. Hopefully I don't start to notice any patterns or anything.

Love the second goal, sliced top corner keeper no chance. From the goal when your defender was clearing it did you try to clear with the pass or the square. Done a few clearances and they seem to do way better clearances with square.

On the fouls I wonder do different refs have different strictness levels. Some games 1 or 2 maybe a yellow card others 5 to six and 1 or 2 yellows

OK managed to get four games in..a bit disappointed but thought I would be

Positives so far
Keepers miles better or dare I say solid although some floaty animations in there still
AI shooting is much more varied which is nice
AI defends better , good pressure

Some negatives
1 foul in 4 games
Advantage is rule is broken ..I've seen ref wave advantage for me 4 times , one other player of mine touches ball advantage gone even though I was tackled every time
Some feeling of very light players when moving / sprinting
Most annoying is the same stun gun reaction when tackled..player stumbles for a second..same animation over and over
Thought the visuals would be better, looks a bit washed out but other games look immense (decent 4k tv)
Still doesn't feel exciting to score goals

Nice volley. Lodiero looks like one for the ML team. I couldn't resist the dribbing prowess of D'allesandro and poured for river plate. Weirdly the foul count had dissappeared. I wonder if it's linked to players ability. With barca I was getting tons of em but not with Riverplate!
Cheers Zee! Felt really good to score it. In 2016 I didn't feel like it was my work, if you like, but I'm seeing more shots go wide and feel like I have more control (I tried a couple of manual shots at the end of that vid too).

It's still PES at heart, but if you're fine with that, it's absolutely brilliant. I've had one instance where a guy did a slide-tackle, won the ball, but when I tried to move my player, he started running into the tackler's outstretched body on the floor and so effectively my player was running on the spot in the direction of the tackler, meaning I couldn't recover. Stuff like that is too deep into the code to fix, I reckon, but if you can forgive that kind of thing happening occasionally (CERTAINLY less than before), it's an absolute dream.

Not sure if it's got the variety of PES 2013 yet but I'm certainly seeing some in the demo. The stats after an all-Brazilian match I played compared to Arsenal v Barcelona, for example, were pretty different (pass accuracy was much higher in the latter), and you could feel it, too.

I think it could be my favourite PES since 2013, as long as the ML isn't too cheaty and no constant AI play-patterns emerge.

Most annoying is the same stun gun reaction when tackled..player stumbles for a second..same animation over and over
Interesting you say that about the "stun-gun" tackle response (brilliant description)...

I mentioned that earlier, and posted a video from 2016 of it happening during a sprint, but I've not had it yet.

I'm new to ps4. If Konami bring out an update for this in a few months that screws the game up, is it possible to roll back to the previous version? Can you save updates to usb and boot from that?

I'm used to a ps2 where I had one perfect option file that couldn't be bypassed unless I chose to. What's the deal here?

Here's my contribution.

Great clip Chris

That's the way you play, on 2 games i've got 8 fouls by the CPU, for me "referees are fixed".
It was never happened in PES 2014-15-16, never. For me it feels like news.

But i'd manage to get a penalty btw

Last edited:
Would be nice to be able to change formations! Not a big fan of a 4-4-2 with Atletico.

It's nice that every team I've used thus far feels quite a bit different.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom