PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Been playing for a while, around 8 or 9 matches I think. It's sexy.

Referees? Much better and I'm seeing a lot of fouls. Hell, even Fernando Torres just got a straight red when I faced Atletico.

Goalkeepers? Sexy, not seen a single mistake that can be blamed on game mechanics.

CPU variation? Absolutely, I don't think I've seen a single one of those dreadful low shots from the CPU. They've tried long shots, loads of crosses, one timers, you name it.

And it's waaaay more difficult than 2016 and I love that. It took me four games to score a goal and I'm only playing on top player. They close you down so fast!

Such a definite purchase, this game.

final pass...

if you are after more goal variety or more rewarding feeling when shooting.. then why don't you play on manual shooting? there is nothing arcade like playing PES on -1 game speed super star and manual passs + manual shooting...

move it towards manual shooting made it more rewarding and challenging on 2016....

it's the same with FIFA.. fully assisted and default sliders out of the box made the game very fast paced arcade like... that's why the developers have these options available. and if you are playing online in either game.. 90% of the users use fully assisted controls... but that doesn't mean you have to. You can challenge yourself and use full manual and still beat them if you try hard enough.. or just play fully assisted to compete better like everyone else.
Bro, the variety we are talking about is about the cpu not the player, because i like the shootinf on my side but needs to be more about positioning to get the right shot

Gave it a go. It plays OK, nothing special. It's a serviceable football game.
I like how you can build your attack. Or how the game is somewhat unpredictable. Passing as default seems alright. Shooting and crossing as well.

It's also extremely outdated in certain areas.

There's absolutely zero care for foot-planting, the players slide all over and shift directions whenever they please, even warping the ball through their feet and legs.

The physics are very wonky. There's no consistency for jostling. Players flail around.

Animations range from decent to really bad. Some new shooting and crossing animations are very nice. The majority are very bad and robotic. Transitions are truly awful.

Been playing for a while, around 8 or 9 matches I think. It's sexy.

Referees? Much better and I'm seeing a lot of fouls. Hell, even Fernando Torres just got a straight red when I faced Atletico.

Goalkeepers? Sexy, not seen a single mistake that can be blamed on game mechanics.

CPU variation? Absolutely, I don't think I've seen a single one of those dreadful low shots from the CPU. They've tried long shots, loads of crosses, one timers, you name it.

And it's waaaay more difficult than 2016 and I love that. It took me four games to score a goal and I'm only playing on top player. They close you down so fast!

Such a definite purchase, this game.

Echoes my thoughts exactly. Granted I'm a bit rusty with PES, but in 2016 you could exploit the middle of the pitch with 1-2s, or just turning a defender and sprinting up the middle. Not so much in 2017. I've played four matches and I have yet to score. Hell, I'm not even creating that many clear cut chances. Like you said, they close you down much faster, I love it.

This is very apparent around the box. Shots, and crosses are often blocked due to pressure, or I'm forced to pass back and recycle possession. When I do manage to create a good opportunity, or play a nice ball in behind it's extremely exciting, and doubly so on manual. I'm sure that will subside to some degree once I become more accustomed to the game, but still. And even so, I've barely played PES 2016 since last fall and I found it far too easy (who didn't) to penetrate the defense at will in my recent 2016 sessions.

This all bodes well. Haven't been able to test the shot variety as I haven't been able to shoot that often!

The players and ball have a much more tactile feel to them if that makes sense? When I receive the ball, and turn or run with it, it feels more connected to the player. Player's weight, and touch on the ball feel more tangible. Even though there are some foot planting issues unfortunately. It's not as apparent when you're actually playing, but it's noticeable. It's also a lot more responsive. Some might find the likes of Messi and Neymar to be too responsive, and they might be right, but I'd rather have it lean towards too responsive than have it feel like I'm playing in quicksand. Especially with top players. The transition between jogging to sprinting (when you tap the sprint button) feels so much better, and more responsive. It makes a world of difference to me. I actually feel in control of my players as opposed to the last few Pro Evos where I felt like I was always bumbling my way through the match like I was hungover.

Last edited:
Second match...

Played on Top Player as River vs. Boca and it ended in a loss thanks to a Carlos Tevez goal. 57% of possession this time, with my passing accuracy at 75% and Boca's ending at 80%. Full manual passing and shooting, and -1 game speed.

2 fouls a piece with the COM getting a yellow for a late Perez lunge in midfield.

Was a decent wee match that one. The COM ballooned a cross miles over the bar when clear from about seven yards out which I rarely, if ever, saw in PES2016.

I do think it is better, more refined than PES2016, but I'm just not blown away by anything as yet. I mean, I am enjoying it (I think) but just want something truly amazing to happen. I am playing with complete ignorance regards any new mechanics as yet, which of course isn't going to help.

I'll obviously buy it.

There are a lot of long time members on here, those that have passionately loved and hated the game for so long.

The fact that some of these critics are very much enjoying the game, tells me it is worth having. I enjoyed 16,despite the flaws and now the keepers, refs and variable AI is improved, then it's a no brainier purchase.

There are a lot of long time members on here, those that have passionately loved and hated the game for so long.

The fact that some of these critics are very much enjoying the game, tells me it is worth having. I enjoyed 16,despite the flaws and now the keepers, refs and variable AI is improved, then it's a no brainier purchase.

It's the best pro evo in about 10 years for me personally.

The last pro evo I really liked was 5.

The main reason I play games is for fun, and pes 2017 is fun, and every match feels different. It's got issues, but I can find issues in any game, but it's as good as pro evo has ever been. 2015 and 2016 can stay in the past now.

Last edited:
I'm playing the series since ISS PRO 98 and the demo for 4 hours and this is the Best football game ever.

Better animations.
Great referees.
Great variety of fouls.
Great goalkeepers.
Best pace ever.
Great ball.
More variety in AI shooting.
Better AI.
Controller vibration is a great adition.
Better replays.
Attack / Defense level again!

Please don't ruin anything in the final version!

Enviado desde mi SM-G361F mediante Tapatalk

Last edited:

Yes, it's very good. I'm one of those critics, but only because I want the best for the series. This time they are 2 fixes away from being so close to football perfection. It's really that close, man. On the pitch anyway :) .

Matt and Pretty, thanks for your feedback.

Matt, just watching your video on YT now, so thanks for doing that. Really good to have a balanced view:COOL:

you guys are making me nervous with all this positive talk. If the demo is really good, I can't help but think they'll mess up the final build somehow.

I will admit that I was very impressed with the PES 2016 demo when it was released last year. I had played around 10 hours and thought to myself (and on this very forum), "They've finally done it." Flash forward to today and I think that game is mediocre. I hope my current love-in with 2017 stands the test of time!

Replay didnt save properly, but just had a run and shot with Tevez that hit the post, bounced back and hit the keeper on the top of his head, off the bar and out :D

Looked brilliant, must have watched it over and over. One of those PES moments.

you guys are making me nervous with all this positive talk. If the demo is really good, I can't help but think they'll mess up the final build somehow.

Thinking that and you can never be dissapointed! haha! But the game really is lovely at the moment. It just feels good, plays a wonderful game of footy. Some AI niggles here and there but even though they are there, The AI is much better then last year.

Inviduality seems to be really alot better. I feel much more difference between the players. Love the new Physical stats. Because the 2 stats are seperate now I saw Godin push messi away but because he has amazing body control he stayed on his feet dribbling the ball. :WORSHIP:

Better animations, graphics, realtime replays, better replays, better physics, Small improvement on the atmosphere (always a plus), Great player models which seem to have improved!!. Oh man.. Buzzing at the moment!

Lets hope it stays this way in 3 months haha!

Remenber not DL pes 16, cause i was on 360 with a 4gb hdd at the time.
When i bought my xbox one i repurchased PES 15-16, and before buying them,I DL the Demo,and wasn't stoked at all.
But this time,I'm really fired up,perhaps because of my recent ML season on 16.
Konami..please don't fidge this up

Oh FFS! Played my first daytime match at the Camp Nou.

How it can't be identified immediately by the dev team that the shade of green of the turf is way to bright/light is beyond me. Horrid.

Matt and Pretty, thanks for your feedback.

Matt, just watching your video on YT now, so thanks for doing that. Really good to have a balanced view:COOL:

Thanks for checking it out, man! I definitely aim for balance. This game is so close it's crazy. Hoping the final build can remedy those 2 issues I spoke of.

It is that good. Regarding the final build vs demo, Adam tweeted to me:

Adam Bhatti ‏@Adam_Bhatti 4h4 hours ago
@Matt10L @AsimTanvir noted. It's best we take in all feedback, worst mistake we made in the past is making demo and final game different.

So that honesty is something to be appreciated.

How it can't be identified immediately by the dev team that the shade of green of the turf is way to bright/light is beyond me. Horrid.

Right? It makes zero sense when you have thousands of pictures/videos you can use as a reference, and can actually travel to said location. It's so blatantly off that pretty much everyone noticed it right away. Thank god for turf replacements on the PC version.

shooting

R2 is nerfed indeed

But please explain this to me: why run up shots are so soft compared to standing shots?

Also advanced R2 soft shots aimed for the corners are guaranteed goals.

Shooting makes no sense to me 3 yrs in the row.

Too bad since it feels like a very balanced game tho.

This even the Prematch screen where you select gameplan etc is over saturated. Not sure why they would think it looks better. It makes th splayed look fake.

Anyway gameplay impressions I cannot give because inspite of starting 2 matched I haven't been able to finish one :LOL:

What I did feel is still a little too much pace on default. I need to try - 1 games.

Else its smooth as silk in terms of reaction and movement you can ping pong very effectively with the likes of barca but not in areas that really matter. The AI will shut you down around the box especially atletico Madrid.

Nice physically to the game and I like the space of the crossing and how it connects with a head.

The AI attacks very effectively sucking your CBs out of position but on top player it's not always a goal unlike PES 2016.

Need to play alot more.

Guess that Friends arena will be in the game,since its the venue for the EL.
That stadium used to have to replace its pitch 3-5 times a year,the grass died all the time.
They always spray painted it over the worst parts.
Hope Konami can reenact that:)
Speaking of bad looking pitches in the demo

My first match.

At the begining I was struggling a bit with power bar on manual passing. I was too used to PES 2016 amd now it feels different, I was not sure if it was so sensitive so I made some weak passes, but Im now used to it.

The final minute goal is really Messi in real life at his best. Individuality is very, very good on this game.

https://youtu.be/Fy19BZSsUYM

Do someone knows how to curve the ball on free-kick? I know you can make higher ball with R2 but nothing to curve the ball horizontally

Edit: when i read "ps2 engine" shit about this game, i just want to share some punchs with the open air

Last edited:
Do someone knows how to curve the ball on free-kick? I know you can make higher ball with R2 but nothing to curve the ball horizontally

Edit: when i read "ps2 engine" shit about this game, i just want to share some punchs with the open air

Wow, you better take your meds.

Back
Top Bottom