PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Does anyone have a URL for the UK PSN store? I can't find it and want it to download before I get home.

I should know this :COAT:

Thanks

It might be worth creating a US or NZ psn id.

Obviously you won't be able to remote download yet as you won't have the PSN ID on the ps4 itself yet, but the demo is only small so you could create the new PSN ID now, and just add the PSN ID and download the demo when you get home.

It might be worth creating a US or NZ psn id.

Obviously you won't be able to remote download yet as you won't have the PSN ID on the ps4 itself yet, but the demo is only small so you could create the new PSN ID now, and just add the PSN ID and download the demo when you get home.

I have a US account but can't remember my details. I'm busy so will have to wait till Sunday to play.

I'll survive.

Played a few games, game for me is too fast on default, have set it too -2 and is ok, passing feels too quick and light at times as well as the players, but I will give credit to konami for defensive awareness, they have done an amazing job there, in the two games I played the AI fouled me 7 times, and Iv noticed that long range shots aren't that easy to execute especially on superstar so when u do get an opening and shot on goal it feels satisfying, one thing I couldn't feel is the difference between the great passers and average passers it all kind of felt the same to me, but Iv only played a few games, will hit it hard tomorrow with various sides and check there stats and focus on those players, and also keepers are fantastic from what iv seen, they are really switched on.

Played a few games, game for me is too fast on default, have set it too -2 and is ok, passing feels too quick and light at times as well as the players, but I will give credit to konami for defensive awareness, they have done an amazing job there, in the two games I played the AI fouled me 7 times, and Iv noticed that long range shots aren't that easy to execute especially on superstar so when u do get an opening and shot on goal it feels satisfying, one thing I couldn't feel is the difference between the great passers and average passers it all kind of felt the same to me, but Iv only played a few games, will hit it hard tomorrow with various sides and check there stats and focus on those players, and also keepers are fantastic from what iv seen, they are really switched on.

Yes the game is still fast on default but -1 nails the pace for me. The best thing about this year's version (hope they keep this way) is that they fixed the game speed. 2016 on -1 was fast and -2 was unplayble. Passing also has improved I don't feel to fast like last year

First impressions,only played one game so far.
The best PES game I've played first time.
If they keep it this way,and with a few upgrades (more aggressive on ball carriers on wings etc) it's a keeper.

Played 10 min (max)
Superstar,manual passing,basic shooting (assisted)
-1 game speed.
From kickoff ,I felt this is the deal,it's so smooth,responsive,and just plays amazing.
The passing on manual,feels much more manual than on 16,really good.
My game speed on -1 is probably it for me,felt better than 16's game speed,same pace,but player movement more alert within that speed.
Played as Boca vs River Plate

Shooting,well you don't have to worry about every goal and shot being the same,had 10 shots,only three on goal,the rest were shots taken from distance,missed by a country mile.
My goal was a shoot outside the box,along the wet pitch post in.
Can honestly say shooting is great.

GK very realistic,not throwing themselves and catching screamers,tipping,or,deflecting them.
Big upgrade from 16.
And fouls,that's why we're here right? :)
Much more,I even drew fouls when I wanted to,putting me in situations where they had to foul me,but then again,that's what you do,when you want freekicks.
The CPU plays more reckless,hard nasty tackles from behind.
Wish it would be more freekicks though,but plenty to keep the game start and stop.
CPU shooting,high wide and handsome where it should be just that,they probably had 40% on goal.
The ones that should be on goal,where on goal,and most importantly,both from CPU and me,to hit the ball clean,you have to be in position for it,otherwise it's a stinker.
Not always the case for the previous game.

Defending felt so refreshing compared to 16, yes they should be more aggressive on wings (CPU), but I could dribble my way through the center,tough there.
My own defending felt like night and day compared to 16, responsive,held a sharp line when put under pressure.

I felt the same way I felt when I played PES 5 the first time.
If they keep this and upgrade a few things mentioned,then we're in for a ride.
Guess the other crowd with their eyes might have another say,but this game is for us,so who cares.
I know I sound over enthusiastic,but yeah,I am

How the hell can I play any of the other 16 games now?
Guess my playing is over until the game comes out

I've seen few videos here and on YT and I think I like what I've seen. Game is certainly more difficult and it's more difficult to score a goal (a thing that has been so easy in PES 16). Better defending, more fouls. Also I like the way game looks. The thing that probably haven't changed is accuracy of passing. Can't wait for September.

Keepers are amazing,played it on -1 suited me great,and manual is so good in this one

My eyes cant cope on default, I play at +1 speed, used to play +2 on pes16....

Scored my first goal in match 4, Suarez, neat finish after a mistake by Arsenal. But Barcelona are so much easier to play with than Germany... they have an ebb and flow to their game. Really enjoyed being them tbh, a note on fouls, just the 1 in the 2 games this time.

Im full manual on passing and shooting and its tough to get it down again after not playing for a while. Crossing is nice, can get some real whip on the ball.

Hello all first post here. I've been a long time lurker but thought i'd get involved.

I've been playing the demo all afternoon and have to say whilst some things are good, some things are still such a let down.

+ Keepers are better
+ Game feels a little bit slower
+ Visuals are nice, game flows well
+ Player models, as usual, are superb

- Shooting is still a complete and utter joke. Goals fly in from all angles, it still feels joyless
- Crowd effects feel extremely dated
- Hate the celebrations menu that pops up still
- WHERE ARE THE GOD DAMN FOULS?!?!?!

I need to play it more before forming a strong opinion but so far, I'm scoring goals and it doesn't feel good. It doesn't seem to matter which player I am in control of, as long as I straighten the player up around the opposition's area, the ball flies into the back of the net.

It was a huge factor in PES 2016 which stopped me playing and I fear PES 2017's shooting mechanics won't change from the demo.

I play in Superstar by the way.

First impressions,only played one game so far.
The best PES game I've played first time.
If they keep it this way,and with a few upgrades (more aggressive on ball carriers on wings etc) it's a keeper.

Played 10 min (max)
Superstar,manual passing,basic shooting (assisted)
-1 game speed.
From kickoff ,I felt this is the deal,it's so smooth,responsive,and just plays amazing.
The passing on manual,feels much more manual than on 16,really good.
My game speed on -1 is probably it for me,felt better than 16's game speed,same pace,but player movement more alert within that speed.
Played as Boca vs River Plate

Shooting,well you don't have to worry about every goal and shot being the same,had 10 shots,only three on goal,the rest were shots taken from distance,missed by a country mile.
My goal was a shoot outside the box,along the wet pitch post in.
Can honestly say shooting is great.

GK very realistic,not throwing themselves and catching screamers,tipping,or,deflecting them.
Big upgrade from 16.
And fouls,that's why we're here right? :)
Much more,I even drew fouls when I wanted to,putting me in situations where they had to foul me,but then again,that's what you do,when you want freekicks.
The CPU plays more reckless,hard nasty tackles from behind.
Wish it would be more freekicks though,but plenty to keep the game start and stop.
CPU shooting,high wide and handsome where it should be just that,they probably had 40% on goal.
The ones that should be on goal,where on goal,and most importantly,both from CPU and me,to hit the ball clean,you have to be in position for it,otherwise it's a stinker.
Not always the case for the previous game.

Defending felt so refreshing compared to 16, yes they should be more aggressive on wings (CPU), but I could dribble my way through the center,tough there.
My own defending felt like night and day compared to 16, responsive,held a sharp line when put under pressure.

I felt the same way I felt when I played PES 5 the first time.
If they keep this and upgrade a few things mentioned,then we're in for a ride.
Guess the other crowd with their eyes might have another say,but this game is for us,so who cares.
I know I sound over enthusiastic,but yeah,I am

How the hell can I play any of the other 16 games now?
Guess my playing is over until the game comes out
if you are saying that ai variety is there, and shooting variety is there, that's all im asking for, great...

It was a huge factor in PES 2016 which stopped me playing and I fear PES 2017's shooting mechanics won't change from the demo.

It's pretty much guaranteed that the shooting mechanic won't change at all in this years edition.

Fifa is still better in terms of shooting mechanics, in shot variety and down to the fact that more things are taken into account such as speed of the ball, player positioning, momentum, weaker foot etc

I'm scoring goals and it doesn't feel good.

No football game in some time has felt good for me personally. Even with the variety in Fifa scoring still feels soulless, and pes has not captured that feel good feeling since the ps2 days for me.

Last edited:
It's pretty much guaranteed that the shooting mechanic won't change at all in this years edition.

Fifa is still better in terms of shooting mechanics, in shot variety and down to the fact that more things are taken into account such as speed of the ball, player positioning, momentum, weaker foot etc

:(

Complete and utter game breaker for me. Online will be a goal fest again like the last game.

A real shame, I don't know why Konami are trying to attract the FIFA crowd with this new "every shot is a goal" gimmick? The FIFA crowd won't come over because of their obsession with the awful Ultimate Team mode.

Saying all that, if shooting doesn't change, I can't see me enjoying PES 2017 for long.

if you are saying that ai variety is there, and shooting variety is there, that's all im asking for, great...
I scored one goal,had a bit of space,with Tevez,I can honestly say that I would have scored 3-4 goals if this was 16.
I was surprised by the difference compared to 16.
Especially shooting.
Had screamers going ten m outside the goal

I scored one goal,had a bit of space,with Tevez,I can honestly say that I would have scored 3-4 goals if this was 16.
Especially shooting.

You're playing a different game to me then. Shooting feels identical to PES 2016.

:(

Complete and utter game breaker for me. Online will be a goal fest again like the last game.

A real shame, I don't know why Konami are trying to attract the FIFA crowd with this new "every shot is a goal" gimmick? The FIFA crowd won't come over because of their obsession with the awful Ultimate Team mode.

Saying all that, if shooting doesn't change, I can't see me enjoying PES 2017 for long.

Yeah it's a shame Konami are trying to fight a battle that they just won't win.

The core audience of Fifa want's things that Konami aren't able to provide with PES.

They should just focus on it's strengths rather than trying to copy certain aspects of Fifa.

Obviously the end goal for Konami is to make money but they're never going to get pes as commercially successful as Fifa is. It just won't happen.

If I'm honest I'd have preferred Konami to invest the money into a bigger development team that can then produce a more polished game, than spending it on partnerships with football clubs, which in the grand scheme of things makes little difference. If someone is that obsessed with licences they're going to go with Fifa anyway.

Last edited:
Especially shooting.
how does the cpu shoot, does it have variety back again, does it shoot wide, high, over the bar, into raw z etc..?

You're playing a different game to me then. Shooting feels identical to PES 2016.
Guess I am.
To me shooting is complety different,had more shots missing than hitting.
Since I've played 3 seasons on 16 the last month and a half,yeah there's a massive difference.

how does the cpu shoot, does it have variety back again, does it shoot wide, high, over the bar, into raw z etc..?
High,wide,bad shots with bad touches.
Very varied,like I said played the two worst ranked team for a reason I'm gonna play again,take a bit ,ore notice

Yeah it's a shame Konami are trying to fight a battle that they just won't win.

The core audience of Fifa want's things that Konami aren't able to provide with PES.

They should just focus on it's strengths rather than trying to copy certain aspects of Fifa.

Obviously the end goal for Konami is to make money but they're never going to get pes as commercially successful as Fifa is. It just won't happen.

If I'm honest I'd have preferred Konami to invest the money into a bigger development team that can then produce a more polished game, than spending it on partnerships with football clubs, which in the grand scheme of things makes little difference. If someone is that obsessed with licences they're going to go with Fifa anyway.

You make some good points.

This demo isn't bad by any means, it's a fun game. But I need much more from my football gaming fix. This just feels like it's turning into an arcade game now, I just don't understand where the series is heading. It's bizarre to say the least.

No doubt Asim Tanvir and Adam Bhatti will say it's the "best football game ever" over and over again on Twitter to try and make us all buy it. Them two are bad for the series but I'm not going into that here.

Welcome to the forum.Your style tells me You have been here before.
Posting same thing 3 times in 7 minutes is sure as hell going to annoy people.
Dont do it.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.Your style tells me You have been here before.
Posting same thing 3 times in 7 minutes is sure as hell going to annoy the hell out of people.
Dont do it.

Thanks! (And Sorry.)

I haven't been here before, like I said, I have read the forums (and PES Fan but that seems a little immature for my liking.)

Not here to troll or anything, thanks for the warning.

final pass...

if you are after more goal variety or more rewarding feeling when shooting.. then why don't you play on manual shooting? there is nothing arcade like playing PES on -1 game speed super star and manual passs + manual shooting...

move it towards manual shooting made it more rewarding and challenging on 2016....

it's the same with FIFA.. fully assisted and default sliders out of the box made the game very fast paced arcade like... that's why the developers have these options available. and if you are playing online in either game.. 90% of the users use fully assisted controls... but that doesn't mean you have to. You can challenge yourself and use full manual and still beat them if you try hard enough.. or just play fully assisted to compete better like everyone else.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom