PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I've been getting plenty of obstruction based, or standing fouls called in my favor. In fact, CPU Giroud was just sent off for a standing tackle (second yellow) which had me mesmerized. "Is this really happening right now?" Often times when I call out, "That's surely a foul" they give it to me. That was certainly NOT the case in 2016. There are some questionable calls (or lack thereof), but such is football. So far it's a big improvement over its predecessor. This is coming from someone who thought the lack of fouls in last year's effort was a deal breaker as well, so.

EDIT: I've also noticed a lot more aerial collision fouls which is nice.

Last edited:
It's bloody difficult to do that.

I've also tried standing still with the ball outside my box and the a.i dispossesses me quickly.

In 2015 I could stand there all day, and even at times in 2016 they wouldn't attempt to win the ball back.

I'm even finding it much harder to take people on down the wings, much harder than 2016.

Is dribbling in general better than in 2016? Especially in regards to pace control?

AI variation yes, but PES 2013 have more space so it feels different.
But the CPU is for me the most intelligent i've seen in a PES, even in a football game.
For the rest it's debatable, the game itself is far to be flawless but "captivating" like Lami said

I see.

Last edited:
..mind u.. just tried a few more times.. and flamengo's dm has haggled and tackled me twice... hm.. adaptive ai??? ill keep trying..

..hey man.. I have bad news on this.. YES YOU CAN.. superstar.. and I just passed it to Pique.. ran full length.. in an out.. not just one diagonal run..but easy enough to get all the way to the other box, and shoot.. no one on me... not cool...

Never tried this in pes16, but remember you always mentioned it... well.. they haven't fixed it...

Shit, Oh man are u serious.

I've been getting plenty of obstruction based, or standing fouls called in my favor. In fact, CPU Giroud was just sent off for a standing tackle (second yellow) which had me mesmerized. "Is this really happening right now?"
The biggest issue for me so far, or rather the thing that remains unchanged is the lack of fouls.

Literally not had one free kick in 3 matches.
Crazy how two different people are having the complete opposite experience from each-other in terms of fouls! I can only imagine that the fouls happen if you play a certain way but otherwise don't occur (e.g. if you use skill-moves, which I don't and never have because I find them too complicated to remember and execute).

..hey man.. I have bad news on this.. YES YOU CAN.. superstar.. and I just passed it to Pique.. ran full length.. in an out.. not just one diagonal run..but easy enough to get all the way to the other box, and shoot.. no one on me... not cool...
Oh bugger. (I realise that you can just, not do it, but if you can do that with a defender what's to stop you doing it with a midfielder.) I hope it was just a one-off for you Aussie...

Crazy how two different people are having the complete opposite experience from each-other in terms of fouls! I can only imagine that the fouls happen if you play a certain way but otherwise don't occur (e.g. if you use tricks, which I don't and never have).

Yeah it does seem odd.

For me personally nothing has changed in terms of fouls from 2016. If anything I'm finding that there are less fouls in general, even those called against me.

The biggest difference as I've said is the emphasis on first touch, because of it being more pronounced the whole flow of the game has changed.

That and player individuality which to me feels far more pronounced.

Ultimately the best way will be for people to form their own opinion once they get to play the demo.

There are too many different experiences being posted. I find it much more difficult to dribble against the a.i than I did in 2016 where I could literally use my goalkeeper to take on half the team. But someone else has said they can take the whole team on very easily. So with things like that people will have to judge for themselves.

Last edited:
Crazy how two different people are having the complete opposite experience from each-other in terms of fouls! I can only imagine that the fouls happen if you play a certain way but otherwise don't occur (e.g. if you use skill-moves, which I don't and never have because I find them too complicated to remember and execute).

Oh bugger. (I realise that you can just, not do it, but if you can do that with a defender what's to stop you doing it with a midfielder.) I hope it was just a one-off for you Aussie...

I don't use skills moves that often in PES since the last few years I've played a lot more FIFA than PES. I'm less comfortable with the controls in the former! I use them when I feel it's appropriate. A lot of my fouls have been from just dinking the ball past an onrushing defender and they barge into me, or just now I went up in the air for a loose 50-50 with Rakitic and I got too much of the man so he called a foul. Giroud's second yellow occured when I had my back to him near the touchline and he just clattered into me LOL. It's a lot of obstruction based fouls that were NEVER called in 2016.

He hasn't had a foul in three matches whereas I had 3-4 fouls in one half. It is a bit odd. As you said, it must be down to playing style. Playing Top Player, 10 minute matches, and full manual.

Last edited:
Lami, can you please test and see if the AI will try stealing the ball back if you put the controller down whilst in possession and facing your keeper on the edge of the six yard box? I saw a vid earlier where someone did that and everybody stood still - really stupid.

I just did and they scored. Thanks a lot :/

lol

Never tried this in pes16, but remember you always mentioned it... well.. they haven't fixed it...

Wha? That's impossible.. I've tried it a few times and none worked. You must've gotten lucky!

Shit, Oh man are u serious.

Yep.. ive done it a couple of times now.. once with pique, and once with masherano.. just dribbled in an out, and defenders seem to be non-urgent..and hence I get a shot at goal.. A few times however, ive been snapped by the opposition's dm... interesting..so it happens, but not 100% of the time.. unless ofcourse im just not a great dribbler...
This is on Superstar btw..

Also, I have to say, im really loving the VIBRATION feature.. especially on long range shots... it adds to the heavy feel of the game.. yes.. its much heavier/weightier than pes16 which is a huge plus. Definitely more fouls aswell. Um.. physicality (amongst players) and ball physics have both hugely improved. And.. yes this game needs to played on -1. Default is way too fast... weird how some videos have shown default to appear slow.. its too fast for me.. could depend on one's display.

I just did and they scored. Thanks a lot :/

lol

Wha? That's impossible.. I've tried it a few times and none worked. You must've gotten lucky!

It seems like we're having similar experiences.

I've tried a few times to just stop moving with the ball, and at worst it's been the a.i hesitating briefly before he's snatched the ball. I've even done it from kick off, and the a.i have immediately ran towards the ball.

In pes 2015 and 2016 I could sit there for quite a while.

I'm also finding that there's more interceptions to my passes, and the a.i tends to be more aggressive, hence why dribbling past people is more difficult. I'd like someone to try dribbling with a CB from Boca against river plate and let me know how that works out lol.

Last edited:
It seems like we're having similar experiences.

I've tried a few times to just stop moving with the ball, and at worst it's been the a.i hesitating briefly before he's snatched the ball. I've even done it from kick off, and the a.i have immediately ran towards the ball.

In pes 2015 and 2016 I could sit there for quite a while.

this is exactly why I don't play vs the AI and only get the game to play real humans. It feels cheap when you're up 1-0 in a CL game and you could just kill the game by not attacking and leaving your guy with the ball at the back.

Is anyone enjoying the game on the default game speed, or is everyone playing on -1?

I felt like I was sacrificing responsiveness by turning it down last year, and I was really hoping I wouldn't have to turn it down this year, but it sounds like I'll have to!

Well, just played my first game, Barcelina vs Atl Madrid

I uploaded the video and it should be on youtube in half an hour.

It will time, but I really advise you to watch, specially those who are on PC and cant play the demo.

The Messi goal I scored... Damn, it felt so mucb like Messi at his best, you guys will love it!

I'll give impressions later, but in my first experience I was positively surprised. It seems like a football game that can offer much fun like I dont have in years...

What we call "rigidity" on controls have flaws... But also advantage
Flaws about global astethic, but advantage about you truely want to do with the ball, you really feel what you do with the player's feet.

Stats are differently recreated on PES than on Fifa, low dribbling for exemple in Fifa gives some randomness when you turn with the ball in terms of trajectory.
In PES it's more about pushing the ball too far or when you run with it, the players foot will be too fast for the ball. There's a bit of random trajectory too, but not as much pronounced.

Just different, not better in my opinion, two different way to represent player's likenesses.
Sorry about the comparison, i know this isn't the thread for...
But i'd always liked to make tests about stats, understand how it works and why, before to trow an arrow on producers head

I really like the demo so far...I mean, it is really good. The feel is back, the animations, the physics...wow.

Two big issues to me:

- Outside back defending, stop following the runners so much! Makes flanks wide open.

- Shifting to Attack/Defense intensity and sensitivity. Too much, too in-sync, needs to be tone downed big time.

My thoughts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdnVyTocR54

this is exactly why I don't play vs the AI and only get the game to play real humans. It feels cheap when you're up 1-0 in a CL game and you could just kill the game by not attacking and leaving your guy with the ball at the back.
I agree. I know some people say "well don't just sit there", but knowing that the a.i reacts in that way ruins it.

2017 is much better in that regard, although I'm doing it more to test out, and there's still sometimes a weird hesitation where the a.i will do that pes pose where they crouch like they're doing a shit for a few seconds but they'll then take the ball, other times it's immediate.

In 2015 it was the absolute worst, you could stay like that for 5 minutes literally.

Is anyone enjoying the game on the

default game speed, or is everyone playing on -1?

I felt like I was sacrificing responsiveness by turning it down last year, and I was really hoping I wouldn't have to turn it down this year, but it sounds like I'll have to!

I'm using the default speed (0) and it feels much better than 2016. I'd use -1 on pes 2016 and it felt a bit odd, as though there was lot's of input lag.

It's obviously down to user preference but I've not felt the need to adjust the game speed so far.

Last edited:
Is anyone enjoying the game on the default game speed, or is everyone playing on -1?

I honestly don't feel like any responsiveness is lost. It just feels perfect.

One more positive demo player here. Only played two games on X1 so far, but very impressed with the gameplay. Graphics, not so much. But I think that's just Xbox. Will play the demo on PS4 later today. This is shaping up to be a great year for PES players.

I really like the demo so far...I mean, it is really good. The feel is back, the animations, the physics...wow.

Two big issues to me:

- Outside back defending, stop following the runners so much! Makes flanks wide open.

- Shifting to Attack/Defense intensity and sensitivity. Too much, too in-sync, needs to be tone downed big time.

My thoughts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdnVyTocR54

any thoughts on AI fouls?

Damn, Mrs has just dragged me to bed.. I have to say im pretty impressed. I think that "weightiness/heaviness" feeling that ive always associated with pes is back. I love it. This is what pes16 should have been. Balls physics are awesome, vibrations add to the physicality and ball kicking, the nets are awesome, and .... damn gotta head to bed hahahah

... I feel like a kid again..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom