PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Damn, Mrs has just dragged me to bed.. I have to say im pretty impressed. I think that "weightiness/heaviness" feeling that ive always associated with pes is back. I love it. This is what pes16 should have been. Balls physics are awesome, vibrations add to the physicality and ball kicking, the nets are awesome, and .... damn gotta head to bed hahahah

... I feel like a kid again..

Tell me about it.

I just stuck my tongue out after scoring a goal with Tevez vs River Plate..........

any thoughts on AI fouls?

I know that wasn't directed towards me, but for what it's worth I'm 23 minutes into a match with France vs Germany (Top Player) and there have been 5 (3 by the CPU) fouls, and one yellow for the CPU. A mix of standing, and sliding tackles.

I really like the demo so far...I mean, it is really good. The feel is back, the animations, the physics...wow.

Two big issues to me:

- Outside back defending, stop following the runners so much! Makes flanks wide open.

- Shifting to Attack/Defense intensity and sensitivity. Too much, too in-sync, needs to be tone downed big time.

My thoughts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdnVyTocR54
Best video bar far , that defending by the AI needs to be addressed though before release..hope konami are aware of this

Is that keeper being controlled by the CPU or a human? PES 2016 keepers are sometimes maddeningly slow when I want to bring them out, sometimes they wont even leave the line although I'm holding down triangle

uuuuhhh.... how i not like that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3tMWZg2lTs

keeper still not rushing out! man, this is basics!

Not fixed/improved since pes 2014... .
And you shouldn't have to press triangle for a gk rush/step out in obvious situations. This been a deal breaker last 2 games, completely blows the immersion when GK stuck to his line all the time and there is no true 1v1 gk situations at all.

Something old pes titles had for years, not in at all in this gen.

Last edited:
Well, just played my first game, Barcelina vs Atl Madrid

I uploaded the video and it should be on youtube in half an hour.

It will time, but I really advise you to watch, specially those who are on PC and cant play the demo.

The Messi goal I scored... Damn, it felt so mucb like Messi at his best, you guys will love it!

I'll give impressions later, but in my first experience I was positively surprised. It seems like a football game that can offer much fun like I dont have in years...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9Gb5s4969Y

An example of the type of fouls I've seen on a regular basis. This one even resulted in a yellow! It's been awhile since I've seen these type of fouls! Putting your back to the defender to draw contact was something I'd imagine many of us did on PES 5.

Last edited:
any thoughts on AI fouls?

AI fouls would be fixed if they addressed those 2 issues. Instead of them wind sprinting back and forth to get into positions, they'd pay more mind to the ball carrier, thus creating more chances for those physical interactions.

PES 17 demo has some incredible defensive awareness, but that's step 2, step 1 is making sure they're in position to show off that incredible defensive awareness!

Reading about the demo.
Psyched!!!
Turn on Xbox,and of course there's a massive update first...
Really bad timing Microsoft.
Bad bad Microsoft

Not fixed/improved since pes 2014... .
And you shouldn't have to press triangle for a gk rush/step out in obvious situations. This been a deal breaker last 2 games, completely blows the immersion when GK stuck to his line all the time and there is no true 1v1 gk situations at all.

right! pressing triangle will help but this niggle is still in, and its annoying!
anyway... its a little thing... but annoying, imo!

Does anyone that's played the demo prefer 2016?

I'd be really intrigued (and a little surprised) if someone actually thinks 2016 is a better game.

Obviously there's no right or wrong answer as opinons are subjective, but if someone did prefer 2016 I'd be really interested in knowing why.

For me personally while 2017 is certainly not perfect and there are still niggles, it's the best pes game we've had this gen. So I'm pretty confident that as I managed to play 2016 for a year I should have no problems doing the same with 2017. I'm hoping Fifa 17 is as much of an improvement of 16 as pes is over 2016.

Reading about the demo.
Psyched!!!
Turn on Xbox,and of course there's a massive update first...
Really bad timing Microsoft.
Bad bad Microsoft

Lol, Etno - that was me too last night! It was about 2 AM, read about the demo being out, thought to myself...hmm, maybe I'll stream, make it an all-nighter. Ahhh update! Bed time :)

feels great, 2017>2016
people feels lighter than the one in 2016, which is much more reasonable
crosses are faster
shot seems a bit better
GK some occasion its animation is a bit weird though
overall it's really cool!!

PS4 version btw

Lol, Etno - that was me too last night! It was about 2 AM, read about the demo being out, thought to myself...hmm, maybe I'll stream, make it an all-nighter. Ahhh update! Bed time :)
Ha ha,got ya mate,im DL it now,had to become American first though, smart thing on Xbox,just change your region.
I'll have a look into it,watched your YT breakdown on it,I'll get back on that later on,but valid point buddy
Sleep tight

...there is no true 1v1 gk situations at all.

I have to say that I miss those 1v1s as well.
They happened quite often from PES 6 to PES 2013.

But haven't seen them either since 2014.

Anyways...
I'll be downloading the demo in about half an hour.
I absolutely didn't like PES 2016.

But I read many positives so far that I might like 2017 again

I really like the demo so far...I mean, it is really good. The feel is back, the animations, the physics...wow.

Two big issues to me:

- Outside back defending, stop following the runners so much! Makes flanks wide open.

- Shifting to Attack/Defense intensity and sensitivity. Too much, too in-sync, needs to be tone downed big time.

My thoughts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdnVyTocR54

Great analysis.

Anyone, who use Twitter or has any contact with Adam, Asim etc. should make them see this video. This is the feedback they should get, for further updates at least.

Now I just hope they won't make it faster for the full version..

One thing I would say in reference to complaints about how easy it is to attack the wings, or that keepers don't come out on their own is that this isn't a global a.i issue.

What I mean is that those criticisms have been said as if it's a general trait of the a.i. It's not at all. There are certain teams that will pressure you down the wings and be aggressive in trying to tackle you.

It's the same with the goalkeepers. I was playing as France vs Germany and managed to counter from a German Corner and Neur rushed out to the edge of the box as I was approaching.

Honestly try and play lot's of matches, change up the teams you use and face and you'll see a lot of variety. There's no way on earth that playing pes 2017 is a case of team A vs team B with the a.i playing the same regardless. I don't even think that's down to opinion, it's pretty clear to see.

And I'd like to think I'm not deluded (despite someone insinuating that earlier). I have no bias towards a certain game, if 2017 was complete shit I'd say, it's a demo afterall, so I'd go back to 2016 and save myself $60 (I buy on the us psn)

I don't care who makes a game, Fifa 17 might be the best football game I've ever played and if it then it will get most of my attention for the next 12 months.

2017 is far from perfect but it's a big improvement in terms of moment to moment gameplay compared to 2016.

Last edited:
Will we be having a demo thread?

Sounds great so far. Give it...7 pages before everything goes all negative again!

The most important thing to me is that I feel like, if I play MyClub or ML and slowly work my way up from a team of nothings, adding piece after piece as I go, that I feel the change with each new player, that I really feel the benefit of one player over another. It was hands down the best thing about PES 2011 MLO, when I would spend ages tweaking formations to counter the opposition, and trying to get the most out of what I had available to me.

Thanks for the in-depth feedback (both positive and constructively critical) from those who are supplying it. It's what these forums do best.

2 games on Top Player, 10 minutes, Germany (Me) vs France... 6 fouls against, 3 in each game. 4 bookings, all different types, plus 2 advantages where I could have had a free kick if I played it that way.

Early doors, but the ref is sharp imo.

Pogba is an annoying sod as well.

Back
Top Bottom