PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

The year that Hong Kong got the demo first is PES 2015. :P

I tried to check if I can sign in my honk kong account but I cant.

I hope it comes to New Zeland account on monday then. :)

Remember the days we were all discussing that there were gameplay differences between demos from different regions ? Lolol... I miss those days.

Just do it, man
No, I wanna know why.
I am not insulting anyone. I am in the PES thread talking about what I feel about PES.
I have been warned not to mention FIFA though I see others mention it constantly without any problems so I call it Goliath.
How can that be bothering some that much??

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

Goliath was a giant without substance, which really resembles the feeling i have towards the other game.

now please would you explain to me why i can not express my feelings towards the other game in such a manner, especially in the PES thread?
Because it's a matter of opinion and fifa isn't without substance like you keep repeating.

Because fifa isn't evil and competition is good.

Because you were told a few times to stop it by mods.

Because this is a pes thread and we don't want it derailed into pes v fifa.

Because we have a pes v fifa thread that you can use.

You want more?

It's really simple. Post in the pes v fifa thread if you insist on comparing the two. And stop this fifa Goliath bs. Pes isn't an angel either. Both have their good and bad.

Because it's a matter of opinion and fifa isn't without substance like you keep repeating.

Because fifa isn't evil and competition is good.

Because you were told a few times to stop it by mods.

Because this is a pes thread and we don't want it derailed into pes v fifa.

Because we have a pes v fifa thread that you can use.

You want more?

It's really simple. Post in the pes v fifa thread if you insist on comparing the two. And stop this fifa Goliath bs. Pes isn't an angel either. Both have their good and bad.

ok, it makes sense if you say i can use the PES vs FIFA thread to compare the two instead of derailing this one.

Saying that i should stop this FIFA Goliath bs is restricting me of expressing myself in the way i feel right?

as long as i don't insult anyone, don't swear or do something uncivilized i have the freedom to express my feelings on this site right?

ok, it makes sense if you say i can use the PES vs FIFA thread to compare the two instead of derailing this one.

Saying that i should stop this FIFA Goliath bs is restricting me of expressing myself in the way i feel right?

as long as i don't insult anyone, don't swear or do something uncivilized i have the freedom to express my feelings on this site right?

Of course you have the right to express yourself, but I think it is much more beneficial to do it in the right thread.

It's shockingly bad, going by the recent GC related videos, I have zero interest in that game by now.

Pro Evolution Skating 2017
foot planting free guaranteed! :PINKS:

I need to play the demo ..the boca stats had the AI at 45% possession but no shots and no corners ..strange..at 1-0 down youd expect an effort on goal ..I would understand if the possession was all one sided

Defo going to put some of my own gameplay videos of the demo up next week..

Just don't think I can stomach watching people play pes17 so badly..

What concerns me more is people just don't know how to defend..honestly,my 4 year old boy can pass better and work the ball better then most of these clowns..

You can tell the majority are people that only play Fifa,as they blatantly run players all over the pitch because there so used to a game that just compensates for this.What is positive though,is how much space and how open they leave themselves.I was a little worried they were going to make pes17 like Fifa where players have super recovery rates and you can leave holes without any real fear your opponent or the cpu will hurt you.

Clicking the cursor around,no regard for structural integrity..

This is why so many get frustrated with 16..beyond foot planting,stats and all the other stuff people bellyache about this is what pes does so well.Its like chess,one bad decision or move and your exposed(that's footie).

The constant pressing in alot of the vids just gets my goat..slow down,try to intercept cutting down the passing channels,think a bit more,pass and move..people just don't let the ball do the work or try to pen the opposition in there half with a slow build up.

Last edited:
The more I see of this game, the more hyped I am to play it.

Manual/semi assisted is the only way, it's just a case of playing like minded folk online.

Good post Banksy

It's shocking how people approach PES and it's more shocking Konami dont do more to force people into a more sim approach

For example the sprint button is probably the most over-used one on PES.

Imagine if Konami relooked sprinting and stamina where a player could only do a sprint in bursts and needing time to recover before he can try it again NBA 2k style. I am moist just thinking about a mechanic like that in PES. Dependent on a players stamina and so forth it would be immense.
Both franchises need to really break the mould and start to fiddle around with the basic fundamentals but both seem to scared to lose support.

Good post Banksy

It's shocking how people approach PES and it's more shocking Konami dont do more to force people into a more sim approach

Imagine if Konami relooked sprinting and stamina where a player could only do a sprint in bursts and needing time to recover before he can try it again NBA 2k style. I am moist just thinking about a mechanic like that in PES. Dependent on a players stamina and so forth it would be immense.
Both franchises need to really break the mould and start to fiddle around with the basic fundamentals but both seem to scared to lose support.

Doesn't FIFA have a similar stamina system (even if it doesn't work properly) or 2k's is a bit different?

What pes does good,and should keep.
Variation in how teams plays
The way the game flows,of course with stops,anything else unacceptable.
Shooting,always loved shooting/crossing in PES

Things needed/things to change
To easy,that is if the CPU doesn't kickstart the scripting.
Difficulty from the CPU should be based on their strengths,and your mistakes,which isn't always the case,scripting can really ruin that,aka the easy way out for Konami.
More reckless gameplay by players/teams,stop being so polished,needs more nastiness.
With less disciplined players/teams,fouls,cards etc will come.
We can't have Livornos strikers slide tackle as good as Paolo Maldini.

I think this game is pretty much the game that needs to be right.
If not,how can hardcore Konami gamers trust the company in the future.
PES 16 is a very good game,with a couple of bad things in it,Konami and Bhatti knows exactly which ones these are.
Not corrected for 17? They've pretty much set the standard for its future.
And that's being a fun filled "arcade-sim" that looks shiny.
This one needs to be right
Period

Good post Banksy

I do remember bhatti mention in one vid pre gamescom that you had to be more liberal with the dash otherwise your players would feel fatigued and heavy in the second half..he also said dash is not effective in tight spaces otherwise your easily dispossessed and is best used when you have space and time.

Back in Iss you had this,and I remember a friend that was so liberal with the dash his team would have so much pace and advantage in the last throws of the match.Fresh subs also made a massive impact.

The positives I am seeing is this kind of play leaves you so much more open in 17 and your team shape and structure really out of sorts..A quicker cursor and more ramped up ai does give the impression those that do use a footballing brain will finally have the advantage.

I also hope Bhatti wasn't lying,such a simple dynamic would make all the difference.

I also think those that play badly will be grateful for better keepers,because the possession they do have is going to be based on how much time there keeper holds the ball.

Last edited:
Defo going to put some of my own gameplay videos of the demo up next week..

Just don't think I can stomach watching people play pes17 so badly..

What concerns me more is people just don't know how to defend..honestly,my 4 year old boy can pass better and work the ball better then most of these clowns..

You can tell the majority are people that only play Fifa,as they blatantly run players all over the pitch because there so used to a game that just compensates for this.What is positive though,is how much space and how open they leave themselves.I was a little worried they were going to make pes17 like Fifa where players have super recovery rates and you can leave holes without any real fear your opponent or the cpu will hurt you.

Clicking the cursor around,no regard for structural integrity..

This is why so many get frustrated with 16..beyond foot planting,stats and all the other stuff people bellyache about this is what pes does so well.Its like chess,one bad decision or move and your exposed(that's footie).

The constant pressing in alot of the vids just gets my goat..slow down,try to intercept cutting down the passing channels,think a bit more,pass and move..people just don't let the ball do the work or try to pen the opposition in there half with a slow build up.
Yup you understand the game better then most.
These defending and attacking fundamentals u just summed up are the biggest reasons why some just can't play PES.
It doesn't compensate for your mistakes especially when using a weaker team.
You have to work and read plays.
Do it right and you will be rewarded and if not, you will be punished.
It is what separates PES from the rest.

Anyone notice the save animation that happens too often?... The one where the goalie stops the ball with two hands (without holding the ball), lets it go straight down to the pitch and bounce once, then dives down to save it...

Anyone notice the save animation that happens too often?... The one where the goalie stops the ball with two hands (without holding the ball), lets it go straight down to the pitch and bounce once, then dives down to save it...
Yeah, it's nice at first but gets boring the more you see it.

Yup you understand the game better then most.
These defending and attacking fundamentals u just summed up are the biggest reasons why some just can't play PES.
It doesn't compensate for your mistakes especially when using a weaker team.
You have to work and read plays.
Do it right and you will be rewarded and if not, you will be punished.
It is what separates PES from the rest.

They also don't play the high percentages..when once have you seen clearances to the sideline,or the simple pass that will get them out of danger..

It's win the ball in the box face the opposing forward and try to pass or walk it out when a lot of the time it's the wrong time or situation..

Just lazy,sloppy play and you can see the r2 mechanic being rarely used...no use of close control and how it allows you to create more intricate passing angles and space.

Easy to play hard to master..but also one dimensional and repetitive if you don't hit the high notes or really understand how to hit the G spot of the code.

I always make sure every player in my team touches the ball before I even attemp a offensive play.

The fact that Real Madrid is not licensed is pissing me off. I know there is option file but it will still not recognize its real name, nor the Barcelona and Real Madrid as the El Clasico. Seriously hate EA they didn't even need the partnership. They just did it to try and kill PES as a franchise. What a corrupt company. People are hating on Konami for Kojima but EA is just a disgrace.

Back
Top Bottom