PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

What's annoyed me this year is all the summertime testers coming back saying 'refs are fixed now'. We knew at the time that they'd just played each other, but they were SO insistent that it was no longer a problem that it served to keep the fouls issue quiet until now. Now Konami present us with a fait accompli. Another year of no fouls and happy multiplayers, and another when the PES formula is watered down even more. I can still taste PES in the games we have now, but I'm increasingly having to use my imagination.

How would you know? you haven't played the game yet. Even FIFA 16 that has a better fouling system has many games ending with no fouls or only 1. It all depends on how you play, how the AI plays (AI in PES always plays different from one game to another), and how long you set your match. You can't judge from a stat on one of those shared videos.

So what do you think guys. For the polo scorelines in PES 2016 responsible are the Keepers? For me is shooting and defensive AI. With huge spaces in defense, is more likely to score a goal. With the almost perfect shooting trajectories and the little existence of errors, is also very likely to score more goals.

In PES 2017 videos, it seems that defensive AI is a lot of improvement and we can see already logical scores (of course we have to play it). If pes team improve the shooting system, with trajectories and errors depending on players stats, body balance, wrong foot, then not only we can see even more logical scorelines but the same time, scoring a goal bring back the satisfying factor.

I agree, the goalies are actually not the main problem. But if you make the game more open to space and still have OP shots, than I think Konami did the right move to make the goalies OP as well.

My boy was born at 33 weeks yesterday and him and mom are in hospital recovering. dad is not going to get to all this meaningless stuff now :SMUG:

Congrats! I'm also expecting my second daughter around next week, so little time for gaming.

Congrats zeemeister, everything good for you and you family, and health above all. Even if we argue with one another's in here PES is just a small thing in our lives from where we try to get some joy at the end of the day. Best luck.

Last edited:
Congrats zeemeister, everything good for you and you family, and health above all. Even if we argue with one another's in here PES is just a small thing in our lives from where we try to get some joy and the end of the day. Best luck.
Amen. Congrats, Zee!

Thanks so much guys.

Very happy having a guy in the house to battle against the 3 females :LOL:

And I won't force feed him PES (if it's still around then ;) ) he can even support Real Madrid if he feels I will give him a blanket to sleep in the kennel outside.

Back on topic now!

Great post earlier Dudu

The game mustn't allow people to play WWE or 2-2-8 formations and and be invincible. PES 2016 is guilty of this along with overpowered counter attack. You could argue that this is what the masses want but Konami must be strong and put their ideas forward without worrying if they can attract more of the fifa crowd.

Regarding the tackles video. Doh I get standing fouls and shoulder barges as well but no time to make videos now. I hope we see more though the corners animation are truly pathetic on PES players dont claw and grapple or try to hold each other back like you will see in every match you will ever watch on TV. PES still has a long way to go before we can start talking about the foot all game to end all football games.

I remember one or other PES/fifa had shirt pull option. Or is this something I imagined. How is this not already a feature. If they can book you for diving the should add a deliberate foul system that should also be a highly professional already yellow card. Something for the 2018 suggestion box.

Off topic:
My boy was born at 33 weeks yesterday and him and mom are in hospital recovering. dad is not going to get to all this meaningless stuff now :SMUG:

Pes 2014 had decent shirt physics and it seems players could grab and pull shirts.

And Congrats for your baby Zee! Having a baby must be such a special moment... :WORSHIP:

Regardless. Just stop with this Goliath stuff please.

I used this word Goliath in my last post, but that was not meant to depreciate Fifa, I just did it because it sounds funny to me.

Sorry, I wont say Goliath ever again, even tho I want to do it so much. :)

Guys, just dont forget to create an north or south america account so you can play the demo tuesday and not only wensday!

I have an american and brazilian psn account. Who knows the demo can be downloadsble few hours sooner on BR account.

I just cant wait.... Counting every second now lol:

I intend to upload my first match.

Guys, just dont forget to create an north or south america account so you can play the demo tuesday and not only wensday!

I have an american and brazilian psn account. Who knows the demo can be downloadsble few hours sooner on BR account.

I just cant wait.... Counting every second now lol:

I intend to upload my first match.

I've got all account regions ready to fire :D

Last year New Zealand got it first at midnight, so tomorrow night we should be able to download it. Worth a try if you have NZ account

The official announcement is that the demo will be avaiable on North and South America and wensday on Europe.

As far as I know, there was no mention on Asia and Pacific Ocean.

I relember there was a year that the demo was released first on HONG KONG pen account. Needles to say I have a hong kong account also lolol
Tomorrow I will be too busy tho.

The official announcement is that the demo will be avaiable on North and South America and wensday on Europe.

As far as I know, there was no mention on Asia and Pacific Ocean.

I relember there was a year that the demo was released first on HONG KONG pen account. Needles to say I have a hong kong account also lolol
Tomorrow I will be too busy tho.

The year that Hong Kong got the demo first is PES 2015. :P

Back
Top Bottom