PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

oh guys i think the Brazil league is fully licensed?
this is the logo of the league in PES2017 website
emb_0021_r_l.png

Hmmm. Make us work... Might as well sell it for $20-$30 bare bones and we'll do the rest then.

hey it is what it is right.

we either go for gameplay and add the bells and whistles or we just go for the bells and whistles, since gameplay can not be added.

I can live with Anfield being late November, it sucks but I can live with it. If you plan on selling more copies to Liverpool-fans though, Konami, You kind of need to get that stuff out there sooner.

Outdated squads are unacceptable, though. There is no excuse for not being able to have squads that will be set on sept 1. updated and correct by the time of release.

It says in the site, that the list of stadiums will be updated till the end of August. I'm fine with the licenses as long as there are a lot more generic ones.

Demo out 24th August, just got announced with new PES trailer, I have to say I'm very very impressed.

https://youtu.be/eIhbkrdsDKU

Beautiful video!

Like I said, I cant agree with anyone who suggests the idea that PES 2017 isnt a good umprovement animation-wise compared to PES 2016.

Maybe part of the reason why PES 2017 looks much more pleasing to my eyes than PES 2016 is because the latter was too bad and ungly, but theres still some merit from Konamk for adding some beautifu ll animations.

I have already noted many new beautiful animations for passing in general, crossing and shooting, and you can see some of them on this trailer. The crossing animation at 1:31 for example is beautiful, so is the R2 shooting from Coutinho.

They are giving good attention on animations. I think PES future isnt as bad as PES 2016 made me think. Really hope this year they get the series back on track being slower and more tatical, and keep making improvements on the future on technical aspects

They still need to improve footplanting to fix the skating movement, deibbling still needs a lot of work, and I hope passing/shooting to be aftected by body balance, wrong foot, pressure in a future PES, but PES 2017 still looks like its going to be fun offline at least.

Demo is out soon. Next tuesday is close, less than a week.

No Shaktar (this year either), Zenit, Fenerbache (this year either) and no Galatasaray is bit of a blow though. All quite good teams.

Will summer transfers be done or this a Nov update as well??

i think your asking for too much, eventually there will be no dlc for transfers, we will have to do it manually relying on others option files, konami are smart we pay full price and do all the work and thats how it is, all jokes aside i not suprised with lack of content and a delayed DLC, its standard from konami.

I hope there are still a lot of south american stadiums, specially the brazilian one (Maracanã, Mineirão, Morumbi, BeiraRio, Itaquera etc)

i think your asking for too much, eventually there will be no dlc for transfers, we will have to do it manually relying on others option files, konami are smart we pay full price and do all the work and thats how it is, all jokes aside i not suprised with lack of content and a delayed DLC, its standard from konami.
I think they stated that the latest transfers will be updated at launch. I wouldn't hold my breath though, consider how many times Konami has f*cked up things in the past.

I'm not even convinced that the demo will be released next week.

I'm pretty sure it has been confirmed that the squads will be fully updated on release since that was such a huge mistake last year.

Wondering if all the national teams that was licensed for the PES Euros version still will be licensed or fake again, knowing Konami it wouldn't surprise me if they were'nt...

Demo time in 7 days - good stuff.

Hoping the OF sharing is pretty damn snazzy, it looks like we'll have a lot to be cracking on with.

As an aside, I don't know why Konami don't employ a few fans to do the face creation, even if they just take whatever people do with 2016 and stick the best into 2017. It's a real waste when every youth player or lower level player has literally exactly the same face. There are people out there who would gladly put in some hours to make sure that every single copy of PES had a face for every single licensed player.

Does someone know why PES (almost) never have any french stadiums (or Dutch for that matter I guess) although they have the leagues fully licensed? I assume they have to deal with the clubs individually or something but when u have the leagues it would be logical to at least try to get some of the top teams stadiums...

Offical site says that Live updates start from day one. What would be the point of applying actual data on obsolete last season rosters?

Offical site says that Live updates start from day one. What would be the point of applying actual data on obsolete last season rosters?

Live Update includes transfers.
ON day one, you will have last year rosters (or teams with uncomplete transfers), but the L.U., if you download and apply it, you will have september rosters.
That's the point.

Fifa have that system for offline.

Datapack is on PES a bit different, because it adds some new teams/stadiums/real faces update, things that isn't possible with only "simple" data/option file.
Faces for example, for not in-game players day one, should be made with the in-game editor.

Last edited:
I may have been too short in previous response - I also expect to have up to date rosters via day 1 live update.

It really wouldn't make sense to have live updates up and running from day 1 only to have old rosters quasi updated (form arrows) and kept in obsolete state until November, when data pack is released.
Moreso since website claims that live updates will be available in offline modes too.

Last year live updates were not even available prior to first data pack.

Last edited:
On PES 2016 the L.U. gives up-to-date transfers, but with a week late like in Fifa it's totally normal, forms (only online) are based on last week performance.

so you'll probably have rosters from 7th september.

Back
Top Bottom