PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Give yourself peace mate. You might actually be one of the PR team in disguise.

The original poster is right. No matter how you play that shouldn't be possible. Its just constantly pressing pass. No error, no change of pace to any of the passes.
Lazer guided bullshit.

You what? Barca do that at least once a week in real life ffs!

When the defence is that bad, the only way to counter is one touch passing. Imagine playing against an opponent that terrible and not being able to play right through them. Then you'd be crying because the AI and mechanics are stunting your counter attacks deliberately (i.e cheating). Make your mind up.

I'm deceiving people by showing gameplay? okay.
Many excuses can be made for it, I'm not in that business... if you think that's perfectly fine due to X and Y then so be it.

Personally I know this is what expects me online the day I boot up the game, because this is now their main target and to whom the game is designed for.

You need to realize there are new features. Not everyone is gonna play the same. Probably they didn't give the new features a good look. What I know is if you want almost no space to your opponent just change the bar to blue. It's that simple. There is a reason why tons of videos look different. And that's a good think, just shows it's for everyone.

Next week demo, will be a good way to breakdown things. Sadly for me I wouldn't be able to play I'm on vacation, looking forward to you guys experience.

I remember in WE9, once you made a pass, the cursor would change to the player most likely to receive your pass, then you would have to move the receiving player towards the ball or into position to receive the pass or the opposing team would often times get to the ball first... It prevented players from just making a pass and waiting around for the next player to automatically receive it....this was an awesome mechanic and I was wondering if it still works this way in pes 2017...

Well, in this clip you can also see the through ball is not so powerful as it used to be, it's quite slow, the ball slows down considerably but the gaps left by defenders who went pressing like crazy are so big it's impossible to reach the attacker.

:WORSHIP:

When the defence is that bad, the only way to counter is one touch passing. Imagine playing against an opponent that terrible and not being able to play right through them. Then you'd be crying because the AI and mechanics are stunting your counter attacks deliberately (i.e cheating). Make your mind up.

You have just created a scenario in your mind which makes me upset?

I appreciate teams string passes together I'm not an idiot.

Watch the passes, the pace is identical. Barca are good but even they don't string passes that look like they have been pushed down a bowling alley. And if we are using that argument Barcelona defend better than that too.

If all teams play like that it will be spammed to death online.

You have just created a scenario in your mind which makes me upset?

I appreciate teams string passes together I'm not an idiot.

Watch the passes, the pace is identical. Barca are good but even they don't string passes that look like they have been pushed down a bowling alley. And if we are using that argument Barcelona defend better than that too.

If all teams play like that it will be spammed to death online.

No Barca don't string indentical passes with the same power together nor would a human player on unassisted,but a assited player will because the cpu is perfectly regulating the amount of power.Simple cpu math if your asking the cpu to have this level of control.There high stat players,it's a game and there going to pass pretty acuretly in a assisted scenario.

Barca do however at times press so high it's only the centre backs providing cover and when play breaks down there mega vulnerable and often concede this way.

In the case of the video the centre backs are also run into the opposing half by the human user.

The difference with golliath is the ai would compensate for that kind of error and even when the Barca play breaks down the holes still would of been plugged and those type of quick counters wouldn't happen.

That's the up..quick passes into space,touch and whallop!..just how football is.

Last edited:

problem s that people are to lazy to learn the sport/game.
learning to defend is a difficult thing to master in football. PES gives you the best representation of the sport.
tactics and player abilities are very important.
but most just wanna pick it up and play and expect the AI to correct all their mistakes much like in a way "Goliath" does it.

problem s that people are to lazy to learn the sport/game.
learning to defend is a difficult thing to master in football. PES gives you the best representation of the sport.
tactics and player abilities are very important.
but most just wanna pick it up and play and expect the AI to correct all their mistakes much like in a way "Goliath" does it.

There's still fine tuning that pes16 needs..I think we can all see the ai is more reactive in 17..

I don't think there's any denying at times they don't react as well as they should in 16..

There's still fine tuning that pes16 needs..I think we can all see the ai is more reactive in 17..

I don't think there's any denying at times they don't react as well as they should in 16..

we are hoping that PES 17 is the improvement we want.

So now fifa is goliath and they are saying the AI corrects your mistakes..even on assited it doesn't give half the assistance PES does..on 3 bar PES overrides pass direction completely at times..I wonder were these claims come from

Barca plays lazer guieded passes in reality YES...BACKWARDS. They hold on to the ball and move forward only with the obvious/safe passes. Very rare when they go for the risky pass and that only happens in the final 3rd.

So now fifa is goliath and they are saying the AI corrects your mistakes..even on assited it doesn't give half the assistance PES does..on 3 bar PES overrides pass direction completely at times..I wonder were these claims come from

your true colors are shining trough....and i see your true colors, and that's why i love you so don't be afraid.............................

Cindy Lauper (GREATEST HITS)

OK we need the demo now.

giphy.gif

we are hoping that PES 17 is the improvement we want.

I'm pretty relaxed about it..I appreciate the strides taken in 16,and I'm liking what I see in 17.

I'm not blinkered enough to think everything's perfect in 16,but what is there provided me with three months of enjoyment when the game first came out,and I'm currently knee deep in the master league and various cups as I started playing again after the patch..

The small niggles are still there in 16,but I know now the refs are improved in 17 and it's clear as day keeper positioning,reaction,animation and general ai has been upped.

Would I take this,better ball physics,adaptive ai(still to be tested)animation,and a raft of small improvements over a complete remodel..

Yes.

Barca plays lazer guieded passes in reality YES...BACKWARDS. They hold on to the ball and move forward only with the obvious/safe passes. Very rare when they go for the risky pass and that only happens in the final 3rd.

if and when i see a video were the AI on the pro level gets torn apart so easily then believe me i will join your concerned club

how can we be this concerned seeing a human player creating gabs and another one exploiting them?

the one just doesn't know anything about PES and the other clearly does.

please read the bolt part again.

Think there's some other thread for that.
Might even work in the Goliath thread,don't know?
But this is a thread for PES 17
We discuss PES here,and sometimes someone mentions the "other game"
Learn to live with that,you don't have to defend it,right?

The Goliath thread :D

This the David thread then. I wonder if they were offended by the AI assistance when a single stone hit Goliath right between the eyes and defeated him :LMAO:

Last edited:
Think there's some other thread for that.
Might even work in the Goliath thread,don't know?
But this is a thread for PES 17
We discuss PES here,and sometimes someone mentions the "other game"
Learn to live with that,you don't have to defend it,right?

I think the guy was being ironic, fanbases usually shit on the "other" game/film/etc. to make themselves feel better. Same probably happens on FIFA forums too, it is what it is.

I think the guy was being ironic, fanbases usually shit on the "other" game/film/etc. to make themselves feel better. Same probably happens on FIFA forums too, it is what it is.
Don't mind discussions,that's why we're here,defending a product that needs to be discussed elsewhere,that's different mate
No need for it here,not wanting it here either,I only want PES in here.
If i/we want it,I'll read it on their forum (which mainly consist on how they will beat us)
Fun gang.
Demo needs to be here asap

Last edited:
The Goliath thread :D

This the David thread then. I wonder if they were offended by the AI assistance when a single stone hit Goliath right between the eyes and defeated him :LMAO:

Do we know anything about the demo date? If only I could find information of when it will be announced.

Back
Top Bottom