PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

https://youtu.be/6iHbJqlUHC0

I really, really enjoyed that video

Pace is on point here, just perfect!

Even the movement on the ball feels more natural, hardly lsaw any skating moment.

Passing animations are so much improved, long balls, clearances from keepers, there are some top animations there and more variety than in any other PES that came before it.

I like how Atl. madrid played organized defensively, midfield defenders position well close to the box.

But one negative point that thetruebrits mentioned, and a really big one, is the total absance of fouls. Barça pressure a lot, so its impossible to not have a good amount of fouls irl on a match like that.

Looks like this game is going to be tons of fun on manual. Im pretty confident about it. Many of us will enjoy this game offline, including those who are not so optimistic about the game yet.

Lets just hope CPU is better here. CPU does not made any fouls there, but Barça as well didnt play anything like tiki-taka and possession football.

This bloke is normally really positive but you can tell the issues from PES16 are still there and starting to annoy him.

AI gone from scoring low crosses to scoring high crosses - no one on ones. No header.

Barca don't commit a single foul - which is unacceptable.

No player has his back to goal - I think I saw it once - everything is played in front of the other players.

Sorry I know I haven't played it but it looks the same as PES16 with a few visuals and updated keepers. I hope I'm wrong

I'm leaning more towards PES than FIFA but I think it's only fair that, in the FIFA thread, people now refer to PES as the Cockroach. Not being disrespectful, just that people don't want to talk about the P-word in there so let's just go with the Cockroach being stomped by the Shoe analogy.

In fact, let's just have everybody in society use derogatory euphemisms to talk about things outsiders like, and respond to reasoning or evidence with shrugged shoulders and claims you're being overly pessimistic, that you don't hold PES values at heart.

We're all tired of listening to experts these days aren't we. Coming over here with your pictures and your videos and your explanations.

Lol!

There isn't much hope left sadly, most of the people that do apologetics for recent releases of PES are as immature as the hardcore FIFA fans so we are forced into this imaginary FIFA vs PES war even you if despise both games or enjoy both. When that fails, "PES 5 isn't as good as you think", which is funny in some fucked up way seeing self titled PES loyalists shitting on the best videogame this franchise ever produced.

To me it's just amazing how people like Matt10 and TBB put the effort into doing videos commentating problems with the AI in these games and people just brush it aside as "negativity".

Negative people only see what they want to see,they don't no there negative..

Your not seeing the writing on the wall and your expecting the level of refinement golliath had put into it over a ten year period in a year or possibly two in pes..

Golliath never changed it just became more refined and more finetuned irespective of changes to physics(ignite).Its still the same base as 2008.

You also see pes5 as the epitome of footballing gaming..that's your downfall(your a little stuck in the past).

Last edited:
There isn't much hope left sadly, most of the people that do apologetics for recent releases of PES are as immature as the hardcore FIFA fans so we are forced into this imaginary FIFA vs PES war even you if despise both games or enjoy both. When that fails, "PES 5 isn't as good as you think", which is funny in some fucked up way seeing self titled PES loyalists shitting on the best videogame this franchise ever produced.

To me it's just amazing how people like Matt10 and TBB put the effort into doing videos commentating problems with the AI in these games and people just brush it aside as "negativity".

Do not bring topic up FIFA V PES in this thread again.It just invites a shitstorm and thats NOT going to happen again.

The one thing that is not doing any of these videos justice is the default camera angle. It is so shit, the angle is shit, wide with a turn to 7 or 10 in the angle column is much better.

How is it possible that you can spell "physics" but you struggle with basic English concepts such as the difference between your and you're, or there and they're, or know and no??!!!!

Thanks..nice post..probably my archilles heel..but I am English and try to be clear with what I'm trying to get across..

Your lucky because I've got a sense of humour and see the funny side..

Hasn't stopped me from being successful in life(wink).

Didn't realise we had grammar nazis on here!

Last edited:
Thanks..nice post..probably my archilles heel..but I am English and try to be clear with what I'm trying to get across..

Your lucky because I've got a sense of humour and see the funny side..

Hasn't stopped me from being successful in life(wink).

Didn't realise we had grammar nazis on here!

You're. As in you're welcome.

Sorry but it's so hard to follow posts that probably have a decent statement to make, but they're so hard to decipher and, therefore, take seriously.

You're. As in you're welcome.

Sorry but it's so hard to follow posts that probably have a decent statement to make, but they're so hard to decipher and, therefore, take seriously.

Don't push your luck..your posts are hardly interesting although your grammatically perfect(well done)...and your trolling and getting personal!

Negative people only see what they want to see,they don't no there negative..

Your not seeing the writing on the wall and your expecting the level of refinement golliath had put into it over a ten year period in a year or possibly two in pes..

Golliath never changed it just became more refined and more finetuned irespective of changes to physics(ignite).Its still the same base as 2008.

You also see pes5 as the epitome of footballing gaming..that's your downfall(your a little stuck in the past).

Last "golliath" game I played for an extended period of time was FI.. golliath 2004. I don't give two flying fucks about their game, don't know why you and others insist on bringing it up.

How is my "downfall" to appreciate an actual good representation of football with things like not broken refs and replays that today are a novelty?

Last "golliath" game I played for an extended period of time was FI.. golliath 2004. I don't give two flying fucks about their game, don't know why you and others insist on bringing it up.

How is my "downfall" to appreciate an actual good representation of football with things like not broken refs and replays that today are a novelty?

Moderate Your tone here.

Drop it..your getting boring now.

It's the same old tired stuff that you keep repeating..point made.

Ha ha,sorry mate,he's virtually retired I mean,love that guy,but in one of my seasons,won't tell which one,he retires.
Proper goalkeeper,impossible to score on

Feel free to tell, it's random anyway ... for example, in my ML career Casillas retired at the end of first season, but if I saw correctly one of the screenshots in ML thread, he's still there in 3rd season (Anjin's Portuguese campaign)

Feel free to tell, it's random anyway ... for example, in my ML career Casillas retired at the end of first season, but if I saw correctly one of the screenshots in ML thread, he's still there in 3rd season (Anjin's Portuguese campaign)
He retired in my 2nd season,on my third now.
Miss the big fella,even played his testimonial.
Juve is shit after he retires,think they're in 6-7 pos after half my 3rd s.

He retired in my 2nd season,on my third now.
Miss the big fella,even played his testimonial.
Juve is shit after he retires,think they're in 6-7 pos after half my 3rd s.

FFS why engage a conversation like that in the PES2017 News and discussion thread ?
We have nearly a page full of irrelevant off topic posts as a result !
What is wrong with using the plentiful proper threads that are available.

FFS why engage a conversation like that in the PES2017 News and discussion thread ?
We have nearly a page full of irrelevant off topic posts as a result !
What is wrong with using the plentiful proper threads that are available.
Apologies,question came from a post on GK on 17.

How does the game shape up before the demo, is anyone optimistic about or will we be in for another pes 2016 clone with better keepers?

How does the game shape up before the demo, is anyone optimistic about or will we be in for another pes 2016 clone with better keepers?

Nobody knows really until demo but if I was a betting man looking at the vids I'd say if you liked PES last year then you'll probably like it this year and same for FIFA

Your not allowed to be positive,but you are allowed to right 300 word posts about defensive fundamentals,how pes17 is broken based on videos and how those who do like pes16 are totally deluded.

Otherwise you work for konami,your konami PR,or you posts are discredited because you use your iPhone and aren't at a PC making sure every word is perfectly spelt,and grammatically correct.

Irony..

Last edited:
Looks awesome and hype train is chugging along nicely.

Everything we have seen so far points to another PES classic.

Really excited for PES2017, Better refs, keepers. I see some more freedom with extra passing animations and shots. Flow looks good. Graphics better, realtime and better replays.

I'm ready, Excited :BOP:

Agree.
And the only time they play quick passes is when they're close together and facing the same way.

If you watch that video/gif, one of the passes is a blind 180 degree pass that isn't scuffed. It's perfectly struck and then the next pass is too and so on. At least ONE of those passes shouldn't be perfectly hit or exactly to the player's feet, given their body shape and distance from each other.

Drawing a parallel between that GIF and the best passing team in the world is delusional as not even they can do it.

Yeah. What about all that talk about passing would be different depending on the player distance from the ball and body position and timing or something?

It seemed so complex and now it looks so simple, not to say shallow.

Your not allowed to be positive,but you are allowed to right 300 word posts about defensive fundamentals,how pes17 is broken based on videos and how those who do like pes16 are totally deluded.

Otherwise you work for konami,your konami PR,or you posts are discredited because you use your iPhone and aren't at a PC making sure every word is perfectly spelt,and grammatically correct.

Irony..

Just place the twat who upset You on your ignore list !

Back
Top Bottom