PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Two players that seems they know the game and unfortunately shows some things that i don't like it. Like no variety in shooting. Ok this is Barcelona, but every shoot it's almost a goal? The final score was 3-4 and could be higher if both players shot more.

And defensive AI is still far from be good. Better than last year but the space between the players too big.

The worst gameplay video I've seen so far. I need the demo to play it myself.

Yes and the 2 guys play are:

1t963s.jpg

They only run and run... :YAWN:

Those know how to play, which gives a better overall impression of the game. Even though it looks faster on Youtube, it's evident the game still plays fast. This game will definitely be more enjoyable on -1 or -2 game speed and manual passing + auto feint OFF. I think this will ensure more weight, inertia and better foot planting. I really don't like the bow-legged player models that were introduced in Pes 15, and still makes up carbon copies of every player. It looks as if the body parts act on their own, instead of moving in sync with each other like an organic body. In Pes 2013, which I still play, the player body is working as a unit, foot planting is there and the ball is more separated from the feet than in Pes 2017. As I said, I'd like to see the coming game with full manual and slowest game speed to see the effects. Pes 2013 with manual controls is an entirely different game from playing assisted, whereas pes 15+16 lacked the depth to be able to produce the football that a manual game of 2013 can do. Let's see if it's better this time. The new ball physics and added first touch options should make it interesting. The hardcore pes gamers really need to forget about these show-off videos and try the game out for themselves.

Last edited:
That video is horrible, this example is the embodiment of everything I hate about the new direction they went, this belongs in FIFA not in PES:

1KJ3Yr3.gif

Last edited:
Yeah but the other game can be modified with the sliders whereas PES is set as it is.
True,when comes to sliders.
Even though you can change a lot by playing different game speeds and manual.
Sometimes I wish PES had sliders aswell,not as many, but a few good ones.
And for videos of gameplay,I'd wish for more lower ranked teams,but that's never gonna be the case,not here,and certanly not there.
Licensed mega clubs is what the kids want,instead of their local team.

That video is horrible, this example is the embodiment of everything I hate about the new direction they went, this belongs in FIFA not in PES:

1KJ3Yr3.gif

The real issue here is that players are moving off the ball far too much and too quickly which enables the passing to go forward so easily. Gamespeed has nothing to do with it. It's about how patient the programmers want you to be with building chances.

I believe it should be scaled based on the length of your game. So if you want to play 10-15 min matches you should still have the same number of chances created as a shorter match. If you want a shorter match time but don't want only a couple of shots taken for the whole game, then you can loosen the AI up a bit but the default game time for online shouldn't be a ridiculous speed fest because opportunities open up so quickly. It should be harder to find space for your players.

To be honest though, since PES 2011 I didn't play too much online either because it was like warp speed or because it was too hard to get a game. I'd rather play than sit there for 5-10 mins waiting for an opponent.

If it plays well offline though I'd be happy.

... and it is Barcelona, top team, with the most effective pass game in the world..., it is their trademark, their style...but... If this happen with a lower team, ok... yes its a problem.

True,when comes to sliders.
Even though you can change a lot by playing different game speeds and manual.
Sometimes I wish PES had sliders aswell,not as many, but a few good ones.
And for videos of gameplay,I'd wish for more lower ranked teams,but that's never gonna be the case,not here,and certanly not there.
Licensed mega clubs is what the kids want,instead of their local team.

PES doesn't need as many sliders as Fifa, only areas it really needs it is AI pressure, tackling, referee strictness, passing acc. crossing,shooting ac. that's it I'm sure they could create something like that and that way everyone in this forum will be happy, but this year there's a vast variety of tactics which could be equivalent to sliders apart from refs and accuracy but even better cos all teams can play very differently cos of the combinations of tactics involved,if done right. Not long to go for gamescom and this demo we all so badly need to get our hands on.

1KJ3Yr3.gif

But the defending team are defending badly, pressing and leaving gaps all over the pitch. I would expect any team to be able to pass that good with so many gaps. Also, maybe it is on assisted passing.

PES 2017: video gameplay review by PES Russia

Source: https://forums.pesfan.com/showthread.php?266197-PES-2017-video-gameplay-review-by-PES-Russia
Tweet:https://twitter.com/PES_Russia/status/763482192005791744

Now, before the game comes out, it's more important to concentrate on fixing the some shortcomings than telling how good the keepers, slowmotions and graphics are.

We apologize for any imperfections considering our English.

All the previous articles are posted on official Pro evolution Soccer forum pesfan.com under "Feedback & Support: Have Your Say - Submitted Suggestions": https://forums.pesfan.com/forumdisplay.php?385-Have-Your-Say-Submitted-Suggestions

1. BALL PHYSICS

The ball and the player "organic whole" (Easy to receive & control the ball); ?omfortable rebounds ball; Jumping Ball (especially evident at low passes; ball as a billiard ball); Instant stop the ball when it is receiving player.

2. ANAMATIONS

Movement with limited amplitude (in particular, the pass/shot speed often does not match to pass/shot animation).

3. PACE OF THE GAME

Ultra high possible tempo game, compare with the actual match (inflated the maximum speed of the ball, very fast regrouping of movements, etc).

4. GAME MECHANICS

Fatigue players (while holding the button acceleration and pressure); Bustle in the players movements (which without the ball), abrupt change of direction of movement.

5. PLAYER STATS

Highly inflated statistics of players (ultra high precision passes, etc.), its efficiency.

Continue? Nope, limited to these 5 points. Our advice to you - pay attention at least for them, if you want to keep their loyal fans. Thank you.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/PES_Russia
VK (social networking website): https://vk.com/pes_russia
Site & forum: http://peswe.com/

This is what I mean how PES 17 can learn from PES 14, in terms of the tactical options. All I did here was lower the "Shifting to Attack" in the Preset Tactics down to ZERO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNAyQvTr0AI

If PES17 at least has a similar option, then us offline (P1 v CPU) players would be content. Despite the value being that low, you can see the CPU still attacks, and still defends, in a non-manic fashion.

PES 2017: video gameplay review by PES Russia

Source: https://forums.pesfan.com/showthread.php?266197-PES-2017-video-gameplay-review-by-PES-Russia
Tweet:https://twitter.com/PES_Russia/status/763482192005791744

Now, before the game comes out, it's more important to concentrate on fixing the some shortcomings than telling how good the keepers, slowmotions and graphics are.

We apologize for any imperfections considering our English.

All the previous articles are posted on official Pro evolution Soccer forum pesfan.com under "Feedback & Support: Have Your Say - Submitted Suggestions": https://forums.pesfan.com/forumdisplay.php?385-Have-Your-Say-Submitted-Suggestions

1. BALL PHYSICS

The ball and the player "organic whole" (Easy to receive & control the ball); ?omfortable rebounds ball; Jumping Ball (especially evident at low passes; ball as a billiard ball); Instant stop the ball when it is receiving player.

2. ANAMATIONS

Movement with limited amplitude (in particular, the pass/shot speed often does not match to pass/shot animation).

Highly inflated statistics of players (ultra high precision passes, etc.), its efficiency.

Continue? Nope, limited to these 5 points. Our advice to you - pay attention at least for them, if you want to keep their loyal fans. Thank you.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/PES_Russia
VK (social networking website): https://vk.com/pes_russia
Site & forum: http://peswe.com/

These points are clearly visible in the videos. The rapid cross with not foot movement, impossible switching movement whilst keeping ball under control and the laser guided passes.It's all evident if you chose to see it

But the defending team are defending badly, pressing and leaving gaps all over the pitch. I would expect any team to be able to pass that good with so many gaps. Also, maybe it is on assisted passing.

Agreed.

I've pressed teams like Barca really hard in search on an equaliser on PES 5/6 and they've cut through me like butter, just like in that video. That's football.

I'm sort of in two minds about that video.

My worry is that, if pressing the stick towards the goal and spamming the pass button before your player has even got the ball is actually rewarded by the game with perfect first-time passes (as opposed to the game punishing you for using no precision in your aim, best-footballers-in-the-world or otherwise - it requires no skill to do that and games are supposed to be about skill)... Then playing online is going to be a total waste of time again.

That being said, it's a counter, and I can see Barcelona pulling off something like that, so if you take the gamer's input out of the equation, it's not entirely unrealistic.

I just think it looks far too easy to do. Maybe my memory is shot, but I don't remember ever being able to put something like that together in the old games (and I remember struggling for weeks with a new game trying to piece it together, not scoring buckets of goals on matchday one).

But then, the game shouldn't stop something like that move from ever happening... I just think it should require a lot more precision. I don't play on manual, because I want the players' attributes to drive the game, but there's an absolutely huge middle ground to be explored between the two - hence the "assist levels" - and if we're playing online against other people, the default assist shouldn't enable you to put something like that together without trying.

Otherwise, online games are just going to be a button-mash fest and a Barcelona fest (again).

Last edited:

Yes i agree, but even though, the mediocre defensive AI, the zero error in passing and shooting gives us the resault we saw in the latest gameplay video.

And because we judge a video, i saw an mlo video yesterday of PES 2011. Even if players want to play exactly the same style of play (fast, ping-pong), the game itself and especially the very good defensive AI discourage them. Yes, this game had a lot of flaws but i post it only to show the AI and some errors in passing. Gamechanger!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-r_b_BW_RI

Let's wait until we have the demo in our hands and then make the essential criticism.
Totally useless to debate over older pes versions, the game will be in the end as
it has been decided to be from the beginning(rewarding in most cases) without
taking into account fans' opinion.
Konami has already decided how PES 2018 will be from now.

p.s.1. Why PES should be tested by 2 fifa guys ?
p.s.2. I don't believe that fans' feedback make any sense to Konami marketing dept.

Last edited:
I haven't watched the video and can't now. Who's is it? Does it not matter anymore that people may have adjusted pass settings or difficulty and playing like teenage YouTube wankers.

If you guys are expecting every PES video to look like a masterclass you are on serious drugs :D

Yes i agree, but even though, the mediocre defensive AI, the zero error in passing and shooting gives us the resault we saw in the latest gameplay video.

And because we judge a video, i saw an mlo video yesterday of PES 2011. Even if players want to play exactly the same style of play (fast, ping-pong), the game itself and especially the very good defensive AI discourage them. Yes, this game had a lot of flaws but i post it only to show the AI and some errors in passing. Gamechanger!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-r_b_BW_RI

Most of the goals come from them just pressing hoping to steal the ball. Even in penalty area they just press instead of proper defending. Nothing to do with defensive AI when there are two human players facing each other.

In this Pes 2011 video you can see passing assistance is high as well, but there are not so much goal because the game is sluggish in reaction times.

And because we judge a video, i saw an mlo video yesterday of PES 2011. Even if players want to play exactly the same style of play (fast, ping-pong), the game itself and especially the very good defensive AI discourage them.
The game needs to be able to do both, though, not just "wide open defence" OR "solid defence". Every year defence is either underpowered or overpowered, rather than "if you've got a great defence and the right set-up it's easy to defend, otherwise it isn't".

I see your point, but if I played a match where my defenders were slow and left too many holes due to me telling them to spread out and close down too often, I'd be happy to see that exposed, and if I used a different team and got everything right, I'd want to see them blocking every pass.

I don't think what happens in that crazy-counter video should never happen in the game - with the other guy's defence out of position, I can see why that would happen. For me, the questions are...

Can you do that passing move in every game? Can the opponent successfully stop you using the new tactics system or are they powerless? Are the assist settings far too assisted (meaning playing online is ruined again)?

Most of the goals come from them jujst pressing hoping to steal the ball. Even in penalty area they just press instead of proper defending. Nothing to do with defensive AI when there are two human players facing each other.

Even on 1vs1 you control only one player. Ofcourse the defensive AI is there. What are you talking about? Who control the other 10 players?

I'm sort of in two minds about that video.

My worry is that, if pressing the stick towards the goal and spamming the pass button before your player has even got the ball is actually rewarded by the game with perfect first-time passes (as opposed to the game punishing you for using no precision in your aim, best-footballers-in-the-world or otherwise - it requires no skill to do that and games are supposed to be about skill)... Then playing online is going to be a total waste of time again.

That being said, it's a counter, and I can see Barcelona pulling off something like that, so if you take the gamer's input out of the equation, it's not entirely unrealistic.

I just think it looks far too easy to do. Maybe my memory is shot, but I don't remember ever being able to put something like that together in the old games (and I remember struggling for weeks with a new game trying to piece it together, not scoring buckets of goals on matchday one).

But then, the game shouldn't stop something like that move from ever happening... I just think it should require a lot more precision. I don't play on manual, because I want the players' attributes to drive the game, but there's an absolutely huge middle ground to be explored between the two - hence the "assist levels" - and if we're playing online against other people, the default assist shouldn't enable you to put something like that together without trying.

Otherwise, online games are just going to be a button-mash fest and a Barcelona fest (again).

If people want to play speed chess,run CBs deep into the opposing half without making a pass and never working the ball,let them..it's no different with both games and while it's important you have the ability to play fast and have a high intensity,that isn't how seasoned players play the game..

Lol,they never ever pass long..everything's ground passes and it has a sniff of two people in golliaths pocket that are deliberately trying to make the game look bad..where's the beauty and where's the grace.

Apart from yourself Chris a lot on here judging this vid don't play pes16 or go online with it..

Same folk who can't see the merit of both games and have to justify being in one camp or the other by constantly looking to negate one of the games.

It is a problem,stamina and fatigue need to factor in more but I wouldn't put myself in a situation where I was playing that kind of player..it's not a reflection of the experience I have playing friends or playing the cpu in pes16 and it won't be with 17.

The game needs to be able to do both, though, not just "wide open defence" OR "solid defence". Every year defence is either underpowered or overpowered, rather than "if you've got a great defence and the right set-up it's easy to defend, otherwise it isn't".

I see your point, but if I played a match where my defenders were slow and left too many holes due to me telling them to spread out and close down too often, I'd be happy to see that exposed, and if I used a different team and got everything right, I'd want to see them blocking every pass.

I don't think what happens in that crazy-counter video should never happen in the game - with the other guy's defence out of position, I can see why that would happen. For me, the questions are...

Can you do that passing move in every game? Can the opponent successfully stop you using the new tactics system or are they powerless? Are the assist settings far too assisted (meaning playing online is ruined again)?

Definitely agree with you. Neither do i want one type of defense. This should be defined by every team strategies. I want to see "smart" AI. When a small team plays against Barca for example, to give less space and try to defend solid.

In another note, Adam said they work on stamina. Hope they bring back the stamina system from PES 2011 on Wii. In past the had fantastic ideas, and abolished them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zpUWj3qVuM

Even on 1vs1 you control only one player. Ofcourse the defensive AI is there. What are you talking about? Who control the other 10 players?

Constantly trying to do 1-2 forces players going forward, constantly pressing keep the players going out of position, and many of those goals are scored because of large gaps that are left by human players.

I can tell you, even in Pes 2016 online if played without costantly pressing can be quite hard to concede so much goals. Those guys don't know the meaning of defense.

Definitely not my fav vid from all the ones I´ve seen.
But since it´s german, some things he said are quite interesting.

He said he used to play PES and when PES 2014 came out he switched to FIFA.
He didn´t like 2015 and 2016 and kept playing FIFA.
(Little bit like me, even I played PES 2014 and switched to FIFA 15).

PES 2017 is different he says and is a lot more fun to play than the last three releases.

Anticipation is more effective than in FIFA. If you do it right you can catch passes from the opponent.

GK´s are definitely improved.

Tricks and dribbles are more effective. In recent releases animations were too slow and now they´re better, like for example that mcgeady spin with neymar.
(not really something I care about but okay).

Another thing he said is that R2 shots still seem to be overpowered.
Almost every goal he scored was with R2.

Back
Top Bottom