PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

@Polakis
Mate please talk for your self, i am satisfied from what i've got from konami the last decade in most cases. I don't get you, broxopios, alan, flokiman and various others that try to manipulate reality. Why don't you quit pes and pesforums ?
Fifa will cover your needs !!!

I beg your pardon? How you came to the conclusion that i try to manipulate reality or i don't like PES? I still play PES 2016, especially 1vs1 and i like it. If you see the topic discription it's about "PES 2017 New & Discussion Thread". It doesn't tell "Speak only positive about PES 2017". If you read my latest posts, i write about things that i like to improve, so PES 2017 to be (for my likings always) a better game...

If all come here and say "PES 2016 were fantastic and from videos PES 2017 looks fantastic too", the Adam, PES team etc will think that "ok, people believe that AI is fantastic and they think that the huge spaces between players in the pitch are ok, shooting are ok, passing fantastic, ball physics the same and goes on... So what we have to improve in the future? Maybe some face, kits, get more licence and improve graphics"!

Sorry my friend but in my eyes you want to get what competitor is all about. So i'll be "ok" if PES 2017 is a small improvement over PES 2016, but i want something more. Because i believe the game have the potential to be a really good game. How can we get there? By giving proper feedback.

Did I miss something? All those deleted posts. That gif with Messi scoring against Germany. . wow . .saw it on a different site yesterday and genuinely though it was real footage . .til I realised that Barcelona couldn't be playing Germany duh! A lot of people starting to swing towards Pes lately.

Did I miss something? All those deleted posts. That gif with Messi scoring against Germany. . wow . .saw it on a different site yesterday and genuinely though it was real footage . .til I realised that Barcelona couldn't be playing Germany duh! A lot of people starting to swing towards Pes lately.
Amazing gifs,in a future nearer than you think,Barca will play Die Mannschaft in a made up fantasy league
The boys from the other game came in to praise their game,hence the deleted posts.
A bit of virtuall warfare.
Still amazed by those 17 gifs,wish someone made a gif of RM screamer vs Sevilla last night,side by side with PES 17 screamers,the overpowerd ones you know..

Didnt see those Gifs while I was busy cleaning up the off topic & personal stuff.
Actually really impressed with those,and crowds look way better.
Hope to see more soon.

DD6OjwO4eVxe0.gif

VNvfulA.gif

EfPJx63.gif

Thanks gabe,just the tonic that was needed and a great showcase of the game..

I can already see I'm going to be one very happy camper come demo and release day.That guy playing Adam hasn't touched pes17'amd he could hold his own against Adam and Barcelona(who's obviously spent more time with the game)..

Doesn't look like a radical change,but the balancing issues of pes16 and gameplay issues
Look all but resolved.

Last edited:
like he said, the feeling needs to be right.
not just the looks and Goliath licenses but the feeling needs to be right:SMUG::COOL:

What he said about adaptive ai blow my mind(game changer)..While it may sound better then it is in practise there was a glint in his eye and I'm intrigued at the potential there..

The feeling is already there in spades in 16..just looks really polished,you can see there's more variation and player defensive positioning and some of those last ditch clearances were things I haven't seen in 16.

I would like to see people playing work the ball more..Adam does like to press forward and score!..lol.

Last edited:
Damn looking at all these GIF's is making me excited for this game, honestly. It looks so smooth and the animations are looking dope!

I remember being really impressed by the gifs/vines from previous years, but the games turned out to be shit after all. For example, I was so excited when I saw gifs liked this and watched them over and over.

msjhjsbtx5nosuo5l2jr.gif

For some reason the gameplay imo looks so much better when converted to gifs.

most of these look like taken out of a real match.
how come some even try to convince us that the animations in Goliath are better.

The problem is animations on the ball when dribbling.

I noted the biggest problem with PES animation is when players "pull" the ball with the internal side of the feet. I dont know how to say it in english.

Animations arent so bad when players make touchs on the ball with the extarnal side of the feet, except in some occasions in wich you see some skating.

Sprinting with the ball under control looks definetly more natural to me in PES 2017 (compared to PES 2016). I dont know, I think when players sprint with the ball under control and change directions, that change of direction flows more smooth and natural, arms move more well coordinated (wich was bizarre in 2016) and the upped body also inclines in a more natural way than in PES 2016 wich was also bizarre.

Other animations like shooting, crossing, passing animations in general are looking pretty good to me. Much better than PES 2016.

I think PES 2017 looks much more plreasing to the eye compared to PES 2016 thanks to animations. Its obviously not at Pes 2014 level, but I dont agree with the opinion that PES 2017 has only got a marginal improvement when it comes to animaations

Last edited:
I remember being really impressed by the gifs/vines from previous years, but the games turned out to be shit after all. For example, I was so excited when I saw gifs liked this and watched them over and over.

msjhjsbtx5nosuo5l2jr.gif

For some reason the gameplay imo looks so much better when converted to gifs.

Camera position/angles help a lot I think:

Btw, replays are looking beautiful. Some replay gifs do look a bit life like imo.

I noted the biggest problem with PES animation is when players "pull" the ball with the internal side of the feet. I dont know how to say it in english.

Animations arent so bad when players make touchs on the ball with the extarnal side of the feet, except in some occasions in wich you see some skating.

Sprinting with the ball under control looks definetly more natural to me in PES 2017 (compared to PES 2016). I dont know, I think when players sprint with the ball under control and change directions, that change of direction flows more smooth and natural, arms move more well coordinated (wich was bizarre in 2016) and the upped body also inclines in a more natural way than in PES 2016 wich was also bizarre.

Other animations like shooting, crossing, passing animations in general are looking pretty good to me. Much better than PES 2016.

I think PES 2017 looks much more plreasing to the eye compared to PES 2016 thanks to animations. Its obviously not at Pes 2014 level, but I dont agree with the opinion that PES 2017 has only got a marginal improvement when it comes to animaations

I would agree,and the knees don't raise so high which is aesthetically pleasing..

I also noticed in the video gabe posted how sharp and reactive defenders are now and how they better read danger and dangerous situations.

Lots of what may seem on the surface small but instrumental enhancements..

Already happy with a lot in pes16,glad it's not a rewrite and the emphasis does seem to be on refinement and fine tuning(a good thing).Keepers also look so much better but not super human.

Last edited:

Two players that seems they know the game and unfortunately shows some things that i don't like it. Like no variety in shooting. Ok this is Barcelona, but every shoot it's almost a goal? The final score was 3-4 and could be higher if both players shot more.

And defensive AI is still far from be good. Better than last year but the space between the players too big.

The worst gameplay video I've seen so far. I need the demo to play it myself.

Two players that seems they know the game and unfortunately shows some things that i don't like it. Like no variety in shooting. Ok this is Barcelona, but every shoot it's almost a goal? The final score was 3-4 and could be higher if both players shot more.

And defensive AI is still far from be good. Better than last year but the space between the players too big.

The worst gameplay video I've seen so far. I need the demo to play it myself.

To be fare there running all over the park and never letting the ball do the work..at one point one of the players runs a centre back deep into the opposing half..the gaps and space being created by just running all over the park is what is creating the openings..

It's your classic,I just want to score as many goals as I can as quickly as I can..

Not a great video but I'm sure everyone will be using this as a reference point rather then highlighting all the good in the video gabe posted.Which has barely got mention in a pes news and discussion thread.Folks do love to highlight the worst examples of the game being played and use that as a stick to beat pes with.

Last edited:

yeah that definitely looks bad.
the one were Neymar did it constantly was just horrible

Last edited:
To be fare there running all over the park and never letting the ball do the work..at one point one of the players runs a centre back deep into the opposing half..the gaps and space being created by just running all over the park is what is creating the openings..

It's your classic,I just want to score as many goals as I can as quickly as I can..

Not a great video but I'm sure everyone will be using this as a reference point rather then highlighting all the good in the video gabe posted.Which has barely got mention in a pes news and discussion feed.

The case is to give us the game the ability to defend players like them. Ok, they want to play super fast ping-pong game, but if I can use properly my defense through strategies and hit in counter attack, then I'll be pleased.

The case is to give us the game the ability to defend players like them. Ok, they want to play super fast ping-pong game, but if I can use properly my defense through strategies and hit in counter attack, then I'll be pleased.

You exploit the space they leave..I would have a field day against that kind of player even on 16(offline though,no lag and I would make them play unassisted!:P

My hype level for PES will go up once I see how the lesser sides play, that's what I need to see.
Then you're in for a long wait.
Demo always contains bigger teams,it's not like you're going to have Livorno vs Albinoleffe.
Guess that's the same way the other game does it right?

Back
Top Bottom