PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

why do you think you see much more saved goals replays on the world wide web from PES instead of FIFA?
because they are worth saving to replay over and over again.
FIFA games, animations and goals never give you the same feeling. after watching your replays you always get the feeling that something looks wrong.
FIFA suck in recreating the real game bro, especilly their animations, physics and models.
if you like it, that is fine ofcourse but you are in the minority.
just accept that.

The feeling of scoring a goal in PES15 and PES16 was probably the most unexcited I've ever felt. I have never wanted to scuff just 1 shot so bad in my life, but every single shot is a perfectly struck one.

Scoring goals in FIFA are another thing alltogether. A manual goal in FIFA, what a feeling. Especially in FIFA 11 for me.

Best of all time, for scoring goals, was WE9LE, so much variety, so many different trajectories and contact points. Just no other feeling, hard to describe :) .

Nice little animation in polters first gif that I haven't seen before and this is not even final build.

Can I mention though there is this sliding kick animation that's been in the last couple of years that I absolutely hate.
It's when a defensive player slides in his own box facing his goals and clears ball supposedly hooking it and it flies out like it's been knuckled out of the box. This should skew out of play not rocket at an impossible angle.

Saw it on one of the PES 2017 vids and it left a bitter taste in my mouth

This and those blasted rainbow flicks that Midknight kid mentioned. I just don't get how Konami could allow that and I hope it's gone come demo day. If I can do a rainbow flick with Jeremy Mathieu I am going to lose my shit and Konami will know!

The feeling of scoring a goal in PES15 and PES16 was probably the most unexcited I've ever felt. I have never wanted to scuff just 1 shot so bad in my life, but every single shot is a perfectly struck one.

Scoring goals in FIFA are another thing alltogether. A manual goal in FIFA, what a feeling. Especially in FIFA 11 for me.

Best of all time, for scoring goals, was WE9LE, so much variety, so many different trajectories and contact points. Just no other feeling, hard to describe :) .

What difficulty ? gamespeed ?

The Pes 2016 goals I see are like Champions League level goals, so Im chuffed and wowed. Im having a huge variety in goals, with different trajectories and contact points. Not all goals go in, even the A.I hitting the top post from outside the box. Best Pes ever released imho, and very much looking forward to the Pes 2017.

P.s I dont/wont go near fifa.

Last edited:
S3ve2A2MhoM1O.gif

AnmY7Dt.gif

14707911701273221.gif

@Polakis
Mate please talk for your self, i am satisfied from what i've got from konami the last decade in most cases. I don't get you, broxopios, alan, flokiman and various others that try to manipulate reality. Why don't you quit pes and pesforums ?
Fifa will cover your needs !!!

why do you think you see much more saved goals replays on the world wide web from PES instead of FIFA?
because they are worth saving to replay over and over again.
FIFA games, animations and goals never give you the same feeling. after watching your FIFA replays you always get the feeling that something looks wrong.
in PES you sometimes wanna save a simple trapping of the ball because the movement and everything around it looks that good.
FIFA suck in recreating the real game bro, especilly their animations, physics and models.
if you like it, that is fine ofcourse but you are in the minority.
just accept that.

if fifa sucks and we are a minority how come is the most selling football game?

Yeah PES player models to me are definately a level above fifas, which is why I hope now PES 17 will be the game we wanted.
Some of the GIFs from the last couple of pages are unbelievable, for the first time I can remember I actually thought one of them was a GIF of a real-life match (the one where Germany concede and the defender reacts in disbelief). I was waiting for the "and this is what PES looks like" bit to kick in. The graphics are one hell of an achievement. It was only the slightly-too-sharp turn from the attacker (Messi?) that made me realise in the end.

EDIT:
5b2e8aae30.gif

Last edited:
:SMUG::SMUG:
Some of the GIFs from the last couple of pages are unbelievable, for the first time I can remember I actually thought one of them was a GIF of a real-life match (the one where Germany concede and the defender reacts in disbelief). I was waiting for the "and this is what PES looks like" bit to kick in. The graphics are one hell of an achievement. It was only the slightly-too-sharp turn from the attacker (Messi?) that made me realise in the end.

EDIT:
5b2e8aae30.gif

That Real Madrid goal last night reminded me so much of pes16 and 17 more so..

Three passes all pinpoint accurate,defenders static and wonder goal..I'm surprised people aren't saying they were watching a arcade game..

Been playing alot of PES 2013 lately. And loving it. Love the difficulty. Love that only higher stated players can do special things.

I can’t play PES 2016 anymore, because like 2015 it’s too easy to do everything, there’s no error in anything. Just too playable.

I hope PES 2017 brings a steep learning curve back

SIMPLE, the majority of people especially kids love their games fast and easy.they want everything in place and do not have the time to edit the game.
they also have to be able to play online(which should work almost flawlessly)
FIFA caters to all these needs.

the majority of PES fans are a group that has fallen in love with the game because of its gameplay. the only real representation of the sport they love in the form of a video game. we are a dying breed. Most of us will learn our son/sons to love this sport and game.
its not a priority for us that it works flawlessly online cause we are of an age were were used to playing it offline. just have some friends over. great memories were created because of this game.
you have to have a decent understanding of football the players their abilities, how teams play and how tactics work.(none of which really matters in FIFA)
since people now wanna win trophies fast and brag about their achievements in a game on the top level.
the amount of patience which is needed to learn PES games is just a no no for most of the youngsters.
here is were FIFA comes in.
now their is your answer.
FIFA is almost like fast food if you know what i mean

i´m 40 years old mate i´ve been playing footbal games since match day for spectrum, most of my 40s friends prefer fifa not because of those reasons, but because it delivers a better package overall, pes always fails in something that is game-braking, last year was the horrible referees allowing all kinds of fouls and the cpu not making any fouls, but that is just my opinion.

this year pes is looking very promising i just hope this year we have 2 good football games to play in September.

Heywhy do we even have a FIFA discussion in here,it's a thread for PES 17.
If you wanna praise that game,go do the FIFA thread.
I'm absolutely 100 percent not interested in either reading or discussing that game here.
Keep that shit else were.
And moderators,do your thing

Lets just pretend all that did not happen and move on.Next one to take the thread off topic with FIFA.......well You know the score.

ANYONE WANTS TO TALK FIFA V PES ETC GO HERE AND NOWHERE ELSE.

https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/75470/page-22

Last edited:
I wish that it would turn up more vids from lower ranked teams in PES 17.
Do they have only those four teams to chose from atm?

AndSuperleeds,thank you!

i´m 40 years old mate i´ve been playing footbal games since match day for spectrum, most of my 40s friends prefer fifa not because of those reasons, but because it delivers a better package overall, pes always fails in something that is game-braking, last year was the horrible referees allowing all kinds of fouls and the cpu not making any fouls, but that is just my opinion.

this year pes is looking very promising i just hope this year we have 2 good football games to play in September.

Same here!

Maybe having been brought up with Subbuteo and the ZX Spectrum, I am in awe of what footbal games look and play like these days. PES 17 replays on some angles, looks almost real, it might not be meeting everyone else's high expectations but I can definately see lots of improvements on top of the flaws.

What matters to me is it enjoyable? Well 16 was enjoyable even with its glaring issues, the new game looks better graphically, better keepers, refs, nets and much better animations IMO.

It will show problems, but I'm just looking forward to the release af a fresh game that will hopefully last me a good year.

Been playing alot of PES 2013 lately. And loving it. Love the difficulty. Love that only higher stated players can do special things.

I can’t play PES 2016 anymore, because like 2015 it’s too easy to do everything, there’s no error in anything. Just too playable.

I hope PES 2017 brings a steep learning curve back

I agree. Pes 2013 is amazing and individuality is brilliant there

I wish that it would turn up more vids from lower ranked teams in PES 17.
Do they have only those four teams to chose from atm?

AndSuperleeds,thank you!

I was wondering this myself. Would love to see Boca V Corinthians game. Someone mentioned how awesome tevez is but they failed to show vids. License unconfirmed maybe?

EDIT:
5b2e8aae30.gif

Exactly, I'm amazed at how lifelike some of the replays are. One game AI watched showed messi scoring and then he went back and smashed it in to the net as part of his celebration.

Brilliant detail!

For god sakes, you act like I'm insulting you and your family by criticizing PES 2016. Which outside the "bubble" is seen as one of the worst installments in the series.

PES needs to not be FIFA clone, just like Silent Hill needs to not be a dungeon crawler and MGS should be A Hideo Kojima game.

This franchise peaked in sales when marketed as the superior football simulation and backed it up on the pitch. You and others claim PES 2016 is the best representation of football we ever had, I don't agree and gave you better examples (PES 5 and PES 2013).

Obviously the focus on Konami's part needs to be on PES 2017, I don't see how bringing this up is relevant to our discussion over which game is a better representation of football.

Yes, that's my opinion, can you please not be offended by it?
I don't care about vibes. I'm not a fanboy nor a Konami employee, I will give my opinion about what I see and will discuss with those willing to have a disagreement without insulting or pulling victim cards.

Fair enough,your entitled to a free voice and I never felt personally insulted or a victim.

There's no winners or losers in a Internet discussion and it was never about being right or wrong.

I still fill your being a bit harsh on pes,and there are people that do appreciate it merits.I just take a different line and I genuinely feel pes productions are trying.I also never said it was the greatest pes,just a lot of things are done better now then they were in the ps2 day.Its not all bad...Even when I was being critical I still stated pes has lots of good and it's merits(that's clear as day in my initial comments last week).

Last edited:
I was wondering this myself. Would love to see Boca V Corinthians game. Someone mentioned how awesome tevez is but they failed to show vids. License unconfirmed maybe?
Probably just those four teams to chose from.but yes,some other teams would be great.
Hope that Copa L and most South American completions/ leagues will be licensed

10 years man... One full decade. Thats too much time.

If you consider this to be so fundamental for your enjoyment, you should just give up and.. who knows, quit PES and leave the forum ?

I dont want to sound rude but theres no point comming here annually in the last 10 years just to complaint about the same thing.

Let us all peasants trying to find some enjoyment on our beloved robotic game. PES 2016 was bad, but I can feel PES 2017 is going to be a very good game.

As I said before, the current scenario is very, very similar to PES 2012-2013. PES 2017 is aiming to be the PES 2013 of this generation. I think many were happy with PES 2013 and its very likely that the same will happen to PES 2017.

Yes man 10 years. And i will complain every year if konami dont fix the game. Whats your problem. This is my opinion in ten years. If they fix the problems i will be the first to celebrate. Thats the thing you dont understand...Problem is that pes series in last 10 years were so poor, and now you celebrate and hope for better days just because pes closed the gap from fifa. I was a die hard pes player but Konami destroyed that feeling. The videos i am seeing from pes2017, seriously, are not better even from fifa16 on manual controls/slow speed...

Back
Top Bottom