PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

You have nothing on me I'm afraid. Historically both clubs haven't won much (though unlike you we're not European virgins) so I'm afraid that was the biggest game in the history of the two clubs. Only a CL final between us could top it.. But that's not gonna happen anytime soon :DD

Given what Bhatti said and this rumor about the Olimpico being PES exclusive I've a feeling they signed with Roma, who featured in a lot of PES official news (classic kits, for example) in the last couple of years. Wish we'd get the Serie A licenced, instead we lost Juve.
Agree:)
Yeah,since EA is going all in on the PL, wish that Konami could get a package with Serie A and B
Those leagues might not be big for the casual non European fan,but for us "connoisseurs" would be great.

The one thing I'm positive about is the game will play differently to pes 2016, as always was the case with every pes game. Not one version played like the other, even after our usual first impression 'it looks the same as the last one' every time. I just wanted the time to come when we finally could see the differences on first video impressions before playing.

7Ut3CQl.png

According to picture above.

We know that number 1 is the advanced instruction which we can choose, two for attack and two for defense.

But number 2 is the old attack-defense level right? It's the Total Team Control they introduced us in Control Reality? What i don't know is how we can adjust it. It's like the old pes where we can set it manually, semi or assisted?

Number 2 is the old attack-deffense level

Is L2+R1 to attack
Is L2+R2 to defend

I like so much this back!!!

I think people are in for a pleasant suprise when demo hits. What intrigues me most are the ball physics, which are substantially better than Pes 2016. This means manual passers could be in for a trait. Obviously if you judge the game from the looks, it is not that much of a moral booster. Shitty carbon copied player models (compared to faces), weird dribbling animations, lack of fouls and a dozens of small nitpicks to ruin the optimism. The thing is though, Im still quite confident it is going to be different from Pes 16 in a very good way, and I believe everyone is going to experience that hands on. The depth and feel of the game has to be experienced, so I would just recommend everyone to hold back conclusions. Thats just always how Pes was, you have to give it time to reveal itself for what it truly is. We can identify techical problems by looking at it, but we can't percieve the game in itself.

I am going to be optimistic, despite that an ideal football game for be would be a hardcore sim where you really would have to put in true effort to learn how to control the players and the team. More like mastering a skill/art, than picking up a control and playing a game. You should master games imo, not play them. You don't pick up a bike and ride it for the first time, until you atttain the skill to do so. But the market forces producers to boil everything down to the lowest common denominatior. If we're to be honest, Pes is a ridicilously simple football game for this day and age.

Bottom line is: Pes 17 seems more improved/different from Pes 16, than Pes 16 was from Pes 15. I'm a Pes fan, and if I can have decent PES experience, I'm happy. I have come to realize that it's crucial to be optimistic when it comes to Pes, because the way you look upon things heavily affect how you percieve them. This is of course also the sad thing about being a pes fanatic, but thats why pes can feel shit one day and good the other day. Ultimately, I'm saying this because I believe some of you risk drowning in the negativity, ending up percieving the game being worse than it is.

Funny thing is, I'm still playing Pes 2013 and haven't even upgraded to ps4 yet, so hopefully the ps3 demo will make the game some justice and provide a base from which to make a decision on whether buying ps4 will be worth it for Pes 17.

Last edited:
I think people are in for a pleasant suprise when demo hits. What intrigues me most are the ball physics, which are substantially better than Pes 2016. This means manual passers could be in for a trait. Obviously if you judge the game from the looks, it is not that much of a moral booster. Shitty carbon copied player models (compared to faces), weird dribbling animations, lack of fouls and a dozens of small nitpicks to ruin the optimism. The thing is though, Im still quite confident it is going to be different from Pes 16 in a very good way, and I believe everyone is going to experience that hands on. The depth and feel of the game has to be experienced, so I would just recommend everyone to hold back conclusions. Thats just always how Pes was, you have to give it time to reveal itself for what it truly is. We can identify techical problems by looking at it, but we can't percieve the game in itself.

I am going to be optimistic, despite that an ideal football game for be would be a hardcore sim where you really would have to put in true effort to learn how to control the players and the team. More like mastering a skill/art, than picking up a control and playing a game. You should master games imo, not play them. You don't pick up a bike and ride it for the first time, until you atttain the skill to do so. But the market forces producers to boil everything down to the lowest common denominatior. If we're to be honest, Pes is a ridicilously simple football game for this day and age.

Bottom line is: Pes 17 seems more improved/different from Pes 16, than Pes 16 was from Pes 15. I'm a Pes fan, and if I can have decent PES experience, I'm happy. I have come to realize that it's crucial to be optimistic when it comes to Pes, because the way you look upon things heavily affect how you percieve them. This is of course also the sad thing about being a pes fanatic, but thats why pes can feel shit one day and good the other day. Ultimately, I'm saying this because I believe some of you risk drowning in the negativity, ending up percieving the game being worse than it is.

Funny thing is, I'm still playing Pes 2013 and haven't even upgraded to ps4 yet, so hopefully the ps3 demo will make the game some justice and provide a base from which to make a decision on whether buying ps4 will be worth it for Pes 17.

Good post.

If the game is truly as excellent as some people a few weeks were claiming it was, then no "negativity" would be able to affect our perception of the "greatest football game ever made".

The reality is that PES 2017 is just an incremental improvement over PES 2016 that is still targeted, as you said, for the lowest common denominator aka 13 year old FUT pack buyers.

Yet the Konami PR team insist on selling us this realistic dream game or things like "Natural Player Movement" that never existed and most likely never will.

Last edited:
Good post.

If the game is truly as excellent as some people a few weeks were claiming it was, then no "negativity" would be able to affect our perception of the "greatest football game ever made".

The reality is that PES 2017 is just an incremental improvement over PES 2016 that is still targeted, as you said, for the lowest common denominator aka 13 year old FUT pack buyers.

Yet the Konami PR team insist on selling us this realistic dream game or things like "Natural Player Movement" that never existed and most likely never will.

I wonder what you would think if you would reread your posts of the last week in 10 years time. That would be very interesting.
With this post (a single one) i'm trying to do you a favour.
It 's not about your opinion, but about how you express yourself...

Why does the defenders look so chaotic? It looks like they are fighting to be at their position during the whole match and overdoing it.

Are there any videos using a different gameplay camera?.

Truth to be told, cutscenes and cinematics look incredible this time around. The background blur really makes a difference.

However, I insist: I HATE every single movement from Messi. NOTHING about it looks any bit like he's real-life counterpart.

Bro, I've seen every PES 2017 video that's out there. Still hate every single animation of Messi. The running animation, the sprinting one, the way he moves his feet and arms, the way he kinda bows while running with the ball.

His animations were EXCELLENT in this game, PES 2013.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xuadRW3sdM

I really hate this war licences!!! When they Will battle for that the more important thing in the game (gameplay) seems less important for them. It's pathetic!! I want innovations, better animations, better IA, I don't give a s**** about having Barcelona stadium in exclusivity!!
I really hope they Will have very big news for us at the gamescom!!
I agree i don tcare one bit about if barcelona are fully licensed or not, we can get them trhough patches the most important thing they should think about is the gameplay aspect im still waiting for the pes 2014 that we all wanted not the one we had in 2014

Look at this ffs, AMAZING.

4 years gone by and they haven't been able to reproduce (probably) history's best player animation as good as they did back then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG3j0Ur3ibk

This is one of the reasons I go back to PES 2013 AT LEAST once a year. Playing as Messi was never so rewarding and lifelike.

OH, and before anyone says anything about this: I'm NOT talking about being able to dribble 'easily' around every rival player that stands in your way. I'm strictly talking about the animations and re-creating his real life counterpart.

What worries me is that one reviewer on youtube for the athletico madrid vs barcelona game, he said the ai seems to be still lacking in variety, we only saw one long range effort in that game and superstar diffculty looked like top player and professional, this is really keeping my feet on the ground and not to joy about the game if it still has those cpu low corner shooting and same goals by cpu...

What worries me is that one reviewer on youtube for the athletico madrid vs barcelona game, he said the ai seems to be still lacking in variety, we only saw one long range effort in that game and superstar diffculty looked like top player and professional, this is really keeping my feet on the ground and not to joy about the game if it still has those cpu low corner shooting and same goals by cpu...

I don't think adaptive AI will show it's head in exhibition games though will it? I'm guessing over the course of a season, career or tournament that we will see whether there's variety. And hopefully there is.

Some of the outstretched keeper animations seem to be quite decent from what I've seen. You don't mind conceding or scoring a goal when the keeper at least looks like he's been beaten fair and square.

I read, but if you tell me those are good animations I have nothing to tell you, because for me they are bad.

In fact for me the animations of Messi in Pes 2014 are better

Look This

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpjYWV2N3PU

Ok then, agree to disagree?
I haven't yet experienced the authenticity of playing as Messi or even CR7 as realisticly as I used to in PES 2013. Of course the game looks dated now and there were a few things to correct, otherwise I wouldn't even bother to get or even check the latest PES or FIFA every year.

I don't think adaptive AI will show it's head in exhibition games though will it? I'm guessing over the course of a season, career or tournament that we will see whether there's variety. And hopefully there is.

Some of the outstretched keeper animations seem to be quite decent from what I've seen. You don't mind conceding or scoring a goal when the keeper at least looks like he's been beaten fair and square.

I think most of the good stuff comes out as you say in competitions and Master League etc . .the game would be less frantic and there wouldn't be as many fouls on show as exhibition is only perceived as a 'friendly'.

I read, but if you tell me those are good animations I have nothing to tell you, because for me they are bad.

In fact for me the animations of Messi in Pes 2014 are better

Look This

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpjYWV2N3PU

wow.. that's a great clip. That slower, quick feet on the spot, when you get your finger off the r1 makes the change of pace look awesome. Really need this type of running variation in pes17.

Anyways, on a positive.. how awesome is the pes17 ball.. has the be the best in the series. Wish they produced a life size, professional grade, version...

I play the E3 version and is with L2+R1/R2

Maybe this guy have other configuration of control

And look this:

CjnSyGbUgAAqE4S.jpg

Is clear, Attack/Defense Level Controls :SMUG:

124y4rc.jpg

I haven't really been following the reviews/play tests, but has anyone seen it mention whether or not L2 manual passing and shooting is still a thing in PES17?

I haven't really been following the reviews/play tests, but has anyone seen it mention whether or not L2 manual passing and shooting is still a thing in PES17?
Wait, there's a possibility it won't be?! I use that all the time!

Back
Top Bottom