PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Oh yeah... As you said, they added new shooting animations for PKs.

Thats great and the look very good.

To be fair, Im seeing many new good animations, some of them look beatiful.

i strongly believe the reason why we are seeing gaps in midfield and other areas has to do with the wide variety of tactics that are on offer this year, that if set up wrong you can be exposed easily, people that are tactically minded are gonna benefit alot from this years game it seems, and thats really good which is what will seperate between the two footy games.

Yea, and screws over us P1 v CPU players, right? We can't control the CPU tactics. I've already explained why the space is there, the over aggressive defenders. It's like this in their minds...

Ball is on right side of pitch:

Normal defenders: "Shift right, boys!"

PES defenders: "Holy &#&*$ turn RIGHT, HARD!!!"

This is why you see the entire defensive line of defenders slipping and falling over their own momentum off the ball. Look at 1:45 and it begins there.

Just having a laugh at it, but yes, that gameplay looked better. If only CPU can play like a P1 v P2 match it'd be just great. The animations are the cause of the issues, and the tactics trigger the animation - from there it's just execution.

If only CPU can play like a P1 v P2 match it'd be just great.

200w.gif

Yea, and screws over us P1 v CPU players, right? We can't control the CPU tactics. I've already explained why the space is there, the over aggressive defenders. It's like this in their minds...

Ball is on right side of pitch:

Normal defenders: "Shift right, boys!"

PES defenders: "Holy &#&*$ turn RIGHT, HARD!!!"

This is why you see the entire defensive line of defenders slipping and falling over their own momentum off the ball. Look at 1:45 and it begins there.

Just having a laugh at it, but yes, that gameplay looked better. If only CPU can play like a P1 v P2 match it'd be just great. The animations are the cause of the issues, and the tactics trigger the animation - from there it's just execution.

i was referring more to P v P, against the AI we dont know how they are setup tactically by the games we have watched and going by konamis history of setting up sides are pathetic, in the end if what we saw were bad tactics set up then the guys who are creating the option files will have that sorted out, atm we are only guessing till we get our hands on the demo, hopefully its just bad tactical set up. My major concerns are AI still isnt aggressive enough, havent seen many mistimed slide tackles, im sure adam and co would've been aware of this i hope.

Last edited:
i was referring more to P v P, against the AI we dont know how they are setup tactically by the games we have watched and going by konamis history of setting up sides are pathetic, in the end if what we saw were bad tactics set up then the guys who are creating the option files will have that sorted out, atm we are only guessing till we get our hands on the demo, hopefully its just bad tactical set up.

Agreed, I hope it's bad tactics as well. I just do not want tactics to play the role of crutch this year. It's supposed to be a compliment to teams and player ID, not defining their existence on the pitch.

Agreed, I hope it's bad tactics as well. I just do not want tactics to play the role of crutch this year. It's supposed to be a compliment to teams and player ID, not defining their existence on the pitch.

yeah, just hope konami dont do what they have been doing consistently, one step forward two steps backwards.

Agreed its been very limiting this way because with less tactics and game plans you end up playing less varied opponents. So if Real Madrid had counter attack setup they would play like Leicester because the gameplan or tactic employed overrides their ability to a degree.

I still think PES 2011 with this setup was so much better

bayerns.png

It needs discipline from Konami side though because it means all the teams need to be edited to play like they are do real life it would be great.

May I ask why didn't you offer your services to Konami when they were looking for people that are interested in this.

I did but they only offered player face editors which I have little interest in.

The ones that played pes16 will already know you can alter your teams aggression and compactness via the tactics and eurogamer has already confirmed the cpu alters how it plays based on how your playing and even mixes it up in pes17 to catch you off guard.

The biggest problems(which anyone knows who plays 16)is the goalkeepers,refs and how easy it can be to turn a fullback or score at times,mainly due to anept keepers(that aren't always shocking)and at times human error.

Pes isn't as forgiving as Fifa and a bad pass from any player in your own half can very often end up with your opponent bagging a easy goal.

Apart from that it's pretty solid and is regarded by many footie purists as the more authentic game..

People can keep rattling on about the new adaptive ai,trying to find holes but you really have to wonder what there agenda is and if they ever did give pes16 more then a few days or weeks play..

In most of the vids I've seen the cpu is playing a high back line and high pressure..naturally there's going to be space and it's going to be easy to turn and get behind the defence..deliberate imo to showcase the game.

There's times even in 16 where the cpu parks the bus and is totally passive showing no aggression,and others where it pressures you all over the pitch,leaving more space and creating a more open game.

Personally the tactics I apply don't override the control I have over the game nor do I feel I have any less control of my players or team then I do have in fifa.

Last edited:
Superb post Banksy

Very few poeple invest the necessary time and write off PES in the first week

Ironic that the ones that played least are the ones who moan the most :LOL:

BTW super excited for another new little feature. After you score you can run up and bang the ball into the net again to celebrate :APPLAUD:

I still think PES 2011 with this setup was so much better

bayerns.png
Oh man, I miss that! That, for me, was a tactical / gameplay leap similar to "team spirit" (meaning you can't just bundle together the best players in the world and win every game without thinking about their fit).

Not only did it save having to piss about with tactics every time the score changed, it meant the CPU played with urgency when they were behind (and in the way they would in reality).

I'm looking forward to the new tactical instructions, but at the same time, two attacking and two defensive changes seems a bit restrictive - if I'm playing a team who are playing keep-ball, and I want to close them down, and I've not selected that tactic... (You'll be able to pause the game and do it there, yes, but FIFA gives you two sets of four instructions you can select via the D-PAD.)

Perhaps it's only two because Konami see that teams in real-life don't switch between - and execute perfectly - gegenpress, tiki-taka, closing-down, standing-off and 100 other things over the space of 45 minutes. In which case, fair play to them for trying to keep it real.

The game definitely looks like an improvement, and I'm excited to try the tactics out. Very much looking forward to demo o'clock. I just wish a video would show a goal that you can't currently score in PES 2016!

People can keep rattling on about the new adaptive ai,trying to find holes but you really have to wonder what there agenda is and if they ever did give pes16 more then a few days or weeks play..
Agenda?!

Come on man, even YOU were saying you were underwhelmed as the videos hit, and now your hype needle has bounced so far the other way, anyone who is underwhelmed or who has a point to make has an agenda? Did you?!

I love the analysis that we get in this thread. The debate around it, too. It all highlights different things that you might otherwise have missed, or agree with, or disagree with. But to write off someone's opinion as agenda? That's not fair.

Last edited:
Superb post Banksy

BTW super excited for another new little feature. After you score you can run up and bang the ball into the net again to celebrate :APPLAUD:

I think it's the people who grew up with that complain the most, like myself. Reason is i am gutted how since PES 5/6 they have destroyed the franchise in terms of realism and enjoyment.

PES used to be a solid representation of football but since next gen and the new engine and what seems a lack of direction it no longer falls into either of those categories for me.

In PES 14-16 there was no sense of achievement scoring goals as most players can smash it on target with either foot from most angles. Refs and collision detection has been a mess for the last 3 years.

I haven't played 17 but the same looks like it applies in the videos. Minimum fouls on the stats, players switching direction at speed and the ball sticking to feet. Crosses whipped in at speed with next to no leg movement.

The ones that played pes16 will already know you can alter your teams aggression and compactness via the tactics and eurogamer has already confirmed the cpu alters how it plays based on how your playing and even mixes it up in pes17 to catch you off guard.

The biggest problems(which anyone knows who plays 16)is the goalkeepers,refs and how easy it can be to turn a fullback or score at times,mainly due to anept keepers(that aren't always shocking)and at times human error.

Pes isn't as forgiving as Fifa and a bad pass from any player in your own half can very often end up with your opponent bagging a easy goal.

Apart from that it's pretty solid and is regarded by many footie purists as the more authentic game..

Great post buddy my sentiments exactly.

I think it's the people who grew up with that complain the most, like myself. Reason is i am gutted how since PES 5/6 they have destroyed the franchise in terms of realism and enjoyment.

PES used to be a solid representation of football but since next gen and the new engine and what seems a lack of direction it no longer falls into either of those categories for me.

In PES 14-16 there was no sense of achievement scoring goals as most players can smash it on target with either foot from most angles. Refs and collision detection has been a mess for the last 3 years.

I haven't played 17 but the same looks like it applies in the videos. Minimum fouls on the stats, players switching direction at speed and the ball sticking to feet. Crosses whipped in at speed with next to no leg movement.

Grew up with?

Dude I been playing PES before PES itself (winning eleven 4) I don't share your sentiments though

The problem is we will take a game dependent on our preference. And play continuously telling ourselves this is crap because........

It's part of our need to be loyal to a brand. Both PES and Fifa fans do it.

We automatically assume things and also automatically align ourselves to people who agree with our sentiments. Hell it's the foundation of EVO-WEB

Last edited:
Bit off topic but I tried to download the PES16 demo the other day and its gone from PS4 marketplace.
Must admit its the first time I turned PS4 on for 3 months and my network membership has run out - is that the reason why?

Sorry for going off topic but lots a viewing here and not PES16 thread

Bit off topic but I tried to download the PES16 demo the other day and its gone from PS4 marketplace.
Must admit its the first time I turned PS4 on for 3 months and my network membership has run out - is that the reason why?

Sorry for going off topic but lots a viewing here and not PES16 thread

Download it from your library if you already downloaded it once in the past.

Superb post Banksy

I also think a lot of this boils down to animations and the desire in the main people have for photo realism, hyper realistic animations regardless of what's under the hood..

You see this in comments all over the web and folks will right pes off purely because of this.

For me it's more important that the gameplay is there and it's consistent,balanced and fair...Pes16 isn't to far off and even on a more superficial level the animations or motions aren't to far behind eas game.Konami nailed response for me without compromising realism..

It's not like applying tactics requires a huge amount of schooling,it's logical,user friendly and you see the results clearly on the pitch..I understand the niggles some people have but compared to where we were to where pes is now it's night and day..

The goal follow up is a classic konami touch..always there back in the day in the iss series.

Will be great to recreate this!
5cin2q.jpg
Ha ha,yeah,you got me there,but i suppose i can find something for you aswell:)
To bad Olimpico has charged the past two seasons,boycott from both Laziomerda and Roma in derbies.
Which I support,had plans for the home game vs Lazio last season

Boom baby!
Agreeing on what you're saying,remember people's whining about 16,the whining that still continues as a reference when comparing to 17, or even FIFA.
I've just started my third ML season on 16, enjoying it tremendously,and yeah a few games here and there are horrible,but 95% of the games plays brill.
Did edit tactics for both Serie a and B before starting it,just as ui always do.
Looking fw to 17.
Good post

7Ut3CQl.png

According to picture above.

We know that number 1 is the advanced instruction which we can choose, two for attack and two for defense.

But number 2 is the old attack-defense level right? It's the Total Team Control they introduced us in Control Reality? What i don't know is how we can adjust it. It's like the old pes where we can set it manually, semi or assisted?

Guys I need to check something here. Where exactly did the rumour about speed increase start?

I remember saying that Lell noticed a difference but nothing to do with speed. Who exactly said the game will be faster or sped up?

7Ut3CQl.png

According to picture above.

We know that number 1 is the advanced instruction which we can choose, two for attack and two for defense.

But number 2 is the old attack-defense level right? It's the Total Team Control they introduced us in Control Reality? What i don't know is how we can adjust it. It's like the old pes where we can set it manually, semi or assisted?

I think one will be changed using the D-pad and the other using L2 + any of the 4 face buttons.

.. im betting its the old method (pes5/6) where you hold down L2, and press r1 to go up and attacking, while pressing r2 moves this down, making players sit deeper and having more of a defensive mindset.

Btw, like mentioned before, I love the fact that you can do a follow up, smack the ball back into the goal, after you've scored.. great little touch. Saw it on one of the youtube video's.. I think it was pogba.. scored just inside the box.. followed through and banged the loose ball back into the net a second time.. brilliant :) Im hoping you can also just bang the ball high and wide into the crowd...

Btw, people have mentioned replays being better.. is it just the auto replays after the goal, or does this also include the manual controlled replays.. because these are the ones that really need work...should be able to work with height and distance etc, also they need to be longer than the 15 seconds they currently are..highlight style replays which include build up would be awesome...

Back
Top Bottom