PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Btw, like mentioned before, I love the fact that you can do a follow up, smack the ball back into the goal, after you've scored.. great little touch. Saw it on one of the youtube video's.. I think it was pogba.. scored just inside the box.. followed through and banged the loose ball back into the net a second time.. brilliant :) Im hoping you can also just bang the ball high and wide into the crowd...

i don't know why but one thing i love in the latest games that you can still make a pass after the ref whistled for halftime, that follow up shooting sounds even better

I will never understand how people can be "loyal" to corporate products. Most of the people that put their blood, sweat and tears into PES 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 are long gone from the company.

Agreed its been very limiting this way because with less tactics and game plans you end up playing less varied opponents. So if Real Madrid had counter attack setup they would play like Leicester because the gameplan or tactic employed overrides their ability to a degree.

I still think PES 2011 with this setup was so much better

bayerns.png

It needs discipline from Konami side though because it means all the teams need to be edited to play like they are do real life it would be great.

May I ask why didn't you offer your services to Konami when they were looking for people that are interested in this.

I did but they only offered player face editors which I have little interest in.

Brilliant, we're on the same page because I was going to post that as well (seeing how I just reinstalled PES 2011).

I did offer my services to KONAMI. Actually, for quite a while now, they never get back to me and never reply. It is probably my own fault for not pushing as hard, but I hate to look like a sell out and join a PES partnership or something - being forced to play ultimate team, or whatever PES' equivalent to that is. You see, I'm just an offline player and only P1 v CPU in Master League. Ironic that I haven't played more than 10 matches collectively since PES 13.

I will never understand how people can be "loyal" to corporate products. Most of the people that put their blood, sweat and tears into PES 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 are long gone from the company.
Some people are still loyal to their corporate product aka any random PL club.
Even though league/clubs have taking away standing,raised the prices 1000%,implemented away cards,and are now treating them as customers instead of supporters,and monitoring how they behave,banning them for no reason.
Still they stay loyal.
like sheeps!
Funny thing that is

Brilliant, we're on the same page because I was going to post that as well (seeing how I just reinstalled PES 2011).

I did offer my services to KONAMI. Actually, for quite a while now, they never get back to me and never reply. It is probably my own fault for not pushing as hard, but I hate to look like a sell out and join a PES partnership or something - being forced to play ultimate team, or whatever PES' equivalent to that is. You see, I'm just an offline player and only P1 v CPU in Master League. Ironic that I haven't played more than 10 matches collectively since PES 13.
Bought a PS3 friday,dirt cheap,with PES 2011, think I paid € 50 all together.
And I must say 11 is fun,real fun,but feels a little bit on rails,maybe because it's pretty much no manual passing,there is some version of it,push two buttons,complicated stuff.
But the game plays really well,but when it comes to movement,it really feels old compared to 16.
Still I can understand when people are talking about "gameplay" being better back in the day,wouldn't say the games as a whole were though.

i don't know why but one thing i love in the latest games that you can still make a pass after the ref whistled for halftime, that follow up shooting sounds even better

me too :)... if I have the ball after half/full time, I manually try n shoot the ball into an opposing player.. pulled a few of these off. Also, its cool that you can shoot at goal from a distance, and give a few seconds, if youre lucky n its a good shot, you can hear the woodwork being hit..

In pes16, when I score, and manually celebrate.. ie. run around, I purposely try and run and make contact with the loose ball.. if you run into it.. it does move in the direction youre running... just cannot kick it.. so this new addition is certainly welcome. Little touches like these are really cool. Im really excited about the "vibration" feature.. will really add to the "feeling" that's been discussed lately. Itll definitely improve this aspect of the game.

Finally.. about the little touches. Totally unrelated I know, but in a game ive been playing lately, ie. Jikkyou Powerpro Baseball 2016 (which is amazing btw).. when you make a catch in the outfield for the 3rd out, you can press square+triangle, and your player will throw the baseball into the crowd... stuff like this, as simple as it is, really adds to the game. Im glad pes17 has added some of the little touches, and hope the series continues to do so.

.. while im here. Another positive about pes2017. Love how they have now added to the overall look of the crowd. Ok it looks better, but even more promising is the fact that they have now added a more specific group of crowd (closest to the play), where you can now see the front row of people either cussing, and flapping arms in dismay, or really going ballistic with praise. Makes a huge difference!!! Thumbs up for this...

..oh, they have also included XXXL crowd members. Very realistic :)

You change the attack/defence mentality by double tapping up and/or down. I think I heard that in one of the gameplay vids.

Do we know when the demo will be released ?

Nothing official yet.

Btw i've noticed in the video below, when Busquets made the pass, the bar starts with a yellow color and not with the usual green. Whats that? Maybe he attempts a manual pass?

https://youtu.be/vJVyLawgNEk?t=242

Edit:

So replying to myself i think he made a manual pass like we can see in the next video. For a moment i thought it was something to do with the presice pass thing.

https://youtu.be/R5n7qpEPVQM?t=168

Last edited:
PES 2017
Bhatti confirms FC Barcelona is just the first of many and explains new strategy to stay away from bidding wars with EA.

Text: David Caballero y Sergio FigueroaPublished the 8th of Aug 2016 at 15
At the event where the partnership between Konami and FC Barcelona was announced at Nou Camp we wanted to learn more about the new strategy the publisher is trying in terms of teams and licenses, and also on how they're dealing with other clubs for PES 2017. From the brand manager Adam Bhatti interview below:

"It's the first of its kind for a football club and for a videogames company, it's not just the official video game partner, that's one of the many levels, the naming rights, but we're premium partners", explains Bhatti on the deal.

But then, on the broader picture, Bhatti continues, "we really wanted to start this route, this way of working with football teams. We have this huge battle with licences, and I thing going head to head on any licences, getting to a bidding war, is just not healthy for us, for sure. Because PES is doing really well, ok, PES is sustainable based on what we do. Certainly we stopped paying tens of million licences for leagues and stuff because we are bidding against another company, and then suddenly PES isn't sustainable, certainly we need to sell more and if we don't we're in trouble and that's not how PES has been for a long time".

"So this is a new direction for us", continues Bhatti. "We wanted to start entering partnerships with clubs. This is the first idea. However, what we wanted to do first and foremost was to partner with the clubs that we really align with in terms of ethics, what they mean for the country, for the town, for the city. And we feel like this is the first that where we've shown that we're doing this and once you start to see all the other partnerships that we announce, you'll see it's a strategy, is not just a one-off. It is not that if you don't support Barcelona we don't care about you. Nothing like that, this is a strategy where we are going to start signing more teams, we have some more exciting announcements. But this means so much for us, so much for the club and for the fans. I mean, you're talking about legend players, about exclusive stadium. There is so much benefit here."

So there's already a "lower level" partnership with Atlético and the premium partnership with Barça, so the next ones will be announced soon, and most likely outside La Liga, in different countries for a more global appeal:

"This is not the only one, by Gamescom you will see that as well, this is the first of many. And I think how we use these partnerships, how we welcome these clubs into our family, we hope it proves to the fans that we are really serious about this and also we would love it that world of football and all of the clubs turn around and love what we are doing with them, and want to be a part of this family. That is really important".

"Because PES is doing really well, ok, PES is sustainable based on what we do."

Well, at least he's honest about it :LOL:

"Certainly we stopped paying tens of million licences for leagues and stuff because we are bidding against another company, and then suddenly PES isn't sustainable, certainly we need to sell more and if we don't we're in trouble and that's not how PES has been for a long time."

Obviously, with the heavy drop in sales they had to let some licenses go. The tactic of locking a big club like Barça to sting EA and give PES some brand recognition is indeed a good cheaper strategy, given the situation the franchise now is.

By low level partnership, I think he means no stadium.

Personally I would like to see the 3 big from Portugal signed and then a Calcio team like Napoli or Roma.

Last edited:
Catching up, but man does the game look fast and very similar to last years with the physicality added. I wanted more error in passing and touches. I wanted to some thoughtfulness to the game. It seemms like it will remain reactive.

Hopefully the demo will prove me wrong.

Adam mentioned that the demo will hit very soon after Gamescom.
I guess it will be released the week after Gamescom in August.
Maybe on the 24th or the 25th.

I really hate this war licences!!! When they Will battle for that the more important thing in the game (gameplay) seems less important for them. It's pathetic!! I want innovations, better animations, better IA, I don't give a s**** about having Barcelona stadium in exclusivity!!
I really hope they Will have very big news for us at the gamescom!!

Indeed, that video where they played the rainy match, looked like the best PES 2017 video yet.
I wonder if the rainy matches will 'feel' the same way on PC... because maybe we could replicate that feeling for all weather conditions. Seems that the 'heavier' sensation of the ball and players makes animations and the rest of the gameplay more realistic overall.

Ha ha,yeah,you got me there,but i suppose i can find something for you aswell:)
To bad Olimpico has charged the past two seasons,boycott from both Laziomerda and Roma in derbies.
Which I support,had plans for the home game vs Lazio last season

You have nothing on me I'm afraid. Historically both clubs haven't won much (though unlike you we're not European virgins) so I'm afraid that was the biggest game in the history of the two clubs. Only a CL final between us could top it.. But that's not gonna happen anytime soon :DD

Given what Bhatti said and this rumor about the Olimpico being PES exclusive I've a feeling they signed with Roma, who featured in a lot of PES official news (classic kits, for example) in the last couple of years. Wish we'd get the Serie A licenced, instead we lost Juve.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom