PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Online name is nizaamio.....thanks for replying on the release date of the demo....tried playing a bit of pes 16 with manual passing......its a steep learning curve

You know what I'm hoping. I hope the game plays different in Master League/Cup than it does in these kick-off/exhibition matches. I just thought about that. Really hope that's the case, much how FIFA tends to do so for CM's, etc.

you-think-youre-funny-but-youre-not.jpg

For sure we must hook up for game when it's out. I haven't pre ordered yet though.

You delve online?

Were you talking to me Zee?. . . How this jackass still haven't ban ? Lol . . classic. I never ventured online yet but I hope to with the new game and a bit of practice and you can show me how a real Pes fan plays.

:LOL: What can I say I have fans.

BTW On the fifa thread they talking about Olimpico being another exclusive?!

Not big on exclusivity but nice for another stadium for PES

https://todowe.blogspot.co.za/2016/08/pes-2017-konami-incluira-un-nuevo.html?m=1

You certainly attracted some strange posts today lol ..yeh any new teams and stadiums would be very welcome . .pity about stadium editor.

You can try out that great Suarez goal you scored last year. . did you say you got a hard time over that? Don't know why.

Last edited:
So guys, about the rumor that they would release a game with a faster gameplay on retail version

W7ShrUi.png

i9sF66l.jpg

To sum up:

ACCORDING TO ADAM, GAMEPLAY SPEED WONT CHANGE AND DEMO VERSION = FINAL VERSION

Last edited:
^

They also said passing will be similar to the first build and more free than now. Nothing about shooting yet.

Nice one Dudu .. .. .did you have a lie detector strapped to his arm when you asked him? Joking aside thanks for asking I can sleep easy tonight.

^

They also said passing will be similar to the first build and more free than now. Nothing about shooting yet.

Hopefully that's true about the passing. . . . I'd really love to see a lot more variety in the shooting and more frequently during a match.

Great post, not because I totally agree with you, but because it really raises questions as to why or who at Konami decided to take steps backwards from the realism of pes14 to what we have now. I do think that pes17 has many, many improvements from 16, as can be spotted in the many clips we've seen...Ball physics do look much improved which is a huge thing in football.

BUT its 2 key areas that we can see have fallen short (gone backwards). First, animations with player movement/dribbling look really bad as they did with 16. Many posts ago, I mentioned that 'the look' still has, in my view, a direct relationship to how the game feels when controlling a player. Simply put, the game needs to feel like playing real football when controlling a single player. I tried pes14, pes15 and pes16 in free training mode.. simply moving around with the ball, sprinting, passing, crossing scoring etc, and by a MILE, pes14 felt the most realistic (some of this also do to the fact that the ball physics are in my view amazing in 14). More realistic than any other football game. It Looks and feels brilliant. The players actually have player models of real life looking football players (no hunch, no big shorts that make upper legs look enormous), particularly the players with their shirts untucked - to be specific - they look awesome in 14. The movements were natural and realistic.. out of any soccer game, the least amount of missing animations that ive seen. This obviously increases the response time, but I always thought this increase in response time was in fact more sim than the arcade feel of being able to go left, right, and 360 in a milli second. Also, im playing we2014 asoki samuri, the last made version of we/pes14 which I believe improved the response issue quite a bit. Anyways with pes14 in free training mode, it felt like I was actually controlling a football player. You need this feeling in a football game - if you want to be immersed by it.

With pes15 and 16, free training mode, first thing I notice is a deterioration in realistic player models. Pes15 isn't that bad though.. pes16 much worse.. bigger shorts, legs spread wider, and more of a hunch in the running animations. Ok, the responsiveness no doubt improved, but with it comes the horrible/unrealistic movements (missed animations and sliding) and horrible running form. It also seems to negatively affect the passing. Almost too responsive, n no weight to the pass. Im talking more about 16 here, because, 15 actually felt pretty good (albeit not as natural and realistic as 14)..but pes15 player movement/animations are much better than 16, and there is a heaviness that I really enjoy when moving and passing in 15. Unfortunately the ball felt and sounded like a rock when you kicked it :)

The 2nd key area that is really concerning from the pes17 clips seen thus far, is exactly what Matt10 mentioned in his YouTube clip (fantastic summation btw, thanks for that). Its to do with the actual football brain/tactics that are incorporated in the gameplay. We desperately need realistic common-sense football in regards to how the game is actually played in the professional world of football (positioning and tracking). Matt10's video clearly shows that either Konami lack football knowledge (on how football is actually played, even by the worst of the worst professional teams) or are truly going the arcade route.

As critical or negative as many of us sound here, I do think we need to continue to relay these messages to Konami, and for them to know that many of us just aren't happy with the decisions they are currently making. Will it make a difference, who knows.. as they know they cannot make all fans happy with their decisions. Im just hoping that the big dogs at Konami start hiring or listening to some educated football folk who really know the game and that their passion heads towards a simulated route.

Anyways, although I doubt things will improve drastically from what we've seen from these clips, I do remain optimistic that the version we get will be a better build in regards to tactics etc. On a positive, at least it seems that some of the old issues from pes16 have been some what improved, ie. refs look much better now, keepers seem to save low shots better - haven't seen the slow mo dive. Shot variation/errors still need work though.

great post
specially about response time and animation,
I prefer better animation connection in expense of a bit more response time, as real life football that it take some moment for you to turn your foot and touch the ball and change your direction ...
if we want quicker response time than real football? a big NO !

EDIT: just saw some other guys mentioned that, sorry for same post, but at least this show more people interested in this case :D

Last edited:
Sorr, say what you want, but that gameplay video above did remind me PES of the old good days somehow...

Sorr, say what you want, but that gameplay video above did remind me PES of the old good days somehow...

to me that's the best video so far, looks fun

my biggest worry is still how abruptly the ball always stops, especially while dribbling

also thank god for new penalty kick animations

to me that's the best video so far, looks fun

my biggest worry is still how abruptly the ball always stops, especially while dribbling

also thank god for new penalty kick animations

It looks like players have a bit more sense of weight wich makes movement more realistically and animations for me here actually looke quite good.

Theres a very good variety of passing animations both for low ground pass or long air pass. there are some top quality animationd there for passing, shooting and crossing in general wich make this game so much more pleasing to the eye than PES 2016.

Ball physics also behave more relistically like its less predictable/scripted.

What I like from this video is that it looks more tatical as midfield positioning feels more "in sape", a bit more compact and organized, there wasnt much space between the defence line and the midfield.

If they have released this video only, people would have a more optimistic view on PES 2017.

If they dont screw up the final version, I have no doubt that PES 2017 will be very fun offline and on manual controls.

Im predicting PES 2017 will be the PES 2013 of this gen. Konami went full arcade on PES 2016 wich was to PES 2012 case. With PES 2017 I can feel they will make the much needed change like they did to PES 2012, and that change was well recieved (pes 2013)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom