PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Good post. I'm with you, mate. I still feel optimistic with PES 2017, honestly. It's just 1 or 2 particular areas that I am concerned, and thus critical about. It's because those are only, really, 1 or 2 areas that just need to fix - then it's let loose on a potentially very fun game - for all demographics.

I think aswell this will be a fun to play game with many fixed problems where u can enjoy ML and maybe even online games BUT there will be one or two major aspects wich can spoil the exprience. Thats what im afraid of.

Btw do you think the player positioning, movements you pointed out is because of the way the tactics are set up or its a fundamental element?

I think aswell this will be a fun to play game with many fixed problems where u can enjoy ML and maybe even online games BUT there will be one or two major aspects wich can spoil the exprience. Thats what im afraid of.

Btw do you think the player positioning, movements you pointed out is because of the way the tactics are set up or its a fundamental element?

Fundamentally flawed element :). It's been that way since PES 2014 on this Fox Engine though. Although, PES 2014 had more of the football logic and fundamentals down, the only issue was the defenders following attackers deep into the box.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyovmv_Eu9U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0IHH8WnRT0

Last edited:
Selling 3.3 million copies of a game in today's market is actually very strong going, so long as the product in question hasn't had silly amounts of money thrown at marketing and promotion. PES/Konami don't do that.

Seriously, listen to yourself.

Oh FFS! They sell millions of copies of the game, but the way some folk talk in here (a good community otherwise) you would think it was 30.

Yes, because getting Barcelona as a exclusive partner in order to stop the EA rampage and retaining licenses like the FIFPro, Champions League, etc. is free. Ask yourself how many copies will Konami have to sell of PES 2017 to pay back the money they gave to Barça.

Also, the marketing isn't as strong as FIFA but it's certainly no indy game either. Which is good since if they start cutting corners in marketing, the entire franchise awareness in main stream culture will fall even harder.

So the idea that simply because PES sells "millions" everything is fine is ridiculous. With EA continuing to lock all major european and asian leagues under exclusivity deals, the survival of the series depends on selling more than a couple "millions".

Ahhh... just... the running and dribbling look awful in this game.. Now when i saw Matt10 PES 2014 videos , clean can see how awful in PES 2017 running and dribbling animations are .

Pes16 is the base,it's not pes15 and it's certainly not the fall ticket.

Everyone talks about the fundamentals like there missing..Go stick pes16 in training with just 11 players and tell me there not adhering to the fundamentals..reacting to the ball,moving to receive and doing everything a player would do at the most basic level,it's there.

The problem has been refinement of all the small yet utterly crucial things.Variation in ai behaviour and how it reacts or doesn't react to every given situation and the collision system within the game.Variation in all facets of passing and shooting and again how the ai reacts to that and the positive and negative outcomes.

Making games isn't easy and your certainly not going to deliver something like pes5 which was 5 years of refinement in one or two years.

I like to think of pes16 as more of a pes4..

I'm not defending konami,they've had 3 plus years with fox and pes17 has got to deliver..that said pea16 isn't awful and there still lots of good
that I want to see progressed and fully fleshed out.

This idea that Fifa has amazing running animations and pes doesn't convey player movement convincingly or well is nonsense..

Last edited:
Ahhh... just... the running and dribbling look awful in this game.. Now when i saw Matt10 PES 2014 videos , clean can see how awful in PES 2017 running and dribbling animations are .

You have to be kidding me. The animations in PES 2014 are robotic, slow and very irritating to watch.

You have to be kidding me. The animations in PES 2014 are robotic, slow and very irritating to watch.
Maybe the transition do you meen , is not that good , but like animation itself, running and moving looks better... in PES 2017 looks like they all are on heavy drugs and have hallucinations , it's painful to watch .

Last edited:
PES 2014 is the most recent game were it had actually good quality animations with decent footplanting. The game itself was horrible and an embarrassment that it was even released on that state.

PES 2014 is the most recent game were it had actually good quality animations with decent footplanting. The game itself was horrible and an embarrassment that it was even released on that state.

Yes,that is what i meen . Is not great game, but has good animations .

Also, has anybody noticed that Heading seems to be a bit OP. I've seen many headers won in the box by the offense fairly easily.

Like for example. In Matt's video when he's talking about how Germany has only 2 players in the box at around 4:20

Also, has anybody noticed that Heading seems to be a bit OP. I've seen many headers won in the box by the offense fairly easily.

Like for example. In Matt's video when he's talking about how Germany has only 2 players in the box at around 4:20

Well, that's the last FIFA cancer that still didn't make it into PES... that and alien player body models.

Did anyone else hear the rumour supposedly that lelly heard that they are going to speed the game up and have more assistance for the retail version. . .that's all we need.

Deco don't send me into depression ffs.

Edit:

listened to the video posted by lelly

He says that the passing felt different and less rewarding than the initial build which gave greater satisfaction when scoring (dont quite get that statement)

He apparently told Asim or Konami and they said the latest build (there is one after this last one?)is more like the initial build.

Can I say that I hate this listening and seeing other people lol I need to play this damn thing already and make my own deductions.

Last edited:
Selling 3.3 million copies of a game in today's market is actually very strong going, so long as the product in question hasn't had silly amounts of money thrown at marketing and promotion. PES/Konami don't do that.

Seriously, listen to yourself.
8 years ago, they sold more copies than FIFA although they basically did next to no marketing back then.

Even stuff like Rocket League sells more than 5 million copies these days, and the developers of Rocket League didn't do any traditional marketing at all.

Edit:

He says that the passing felt different and less rewarding than the initial build which gave greater satisfaction when scoring (dont quite get that statement)

He apparently told Asim or Konami and they said the latest build (there is one after this last one?)is more like the initial build.

Can I say that I hate this listening and seeing other people lol I need to play this damn thing already and make my own deductions.

ha ha ha I've the rope out just in case. But it wouldn't surprise me . God your reaction was funny lol.

:LOL: dude I am scared shitless for when they listen to the youtubers I have played these guys and it's not someone you should take advice from tbh.

It's like taking advice from the people who play in the PES comps. No offence to them but the way they play the game is shocking.

plus the players move and sidestep like there on coke.
look how unrealistically fast their legs move....:COAT:

:LOL: dude I am scared shitless for when they listen to the youtubers I have played these guys and it's not someone you should take advice from tbh.

It's like taking advice from the people who play in the PES comps. No offence to them but the way they play the game is shocking.

I hope you're right but the way I look at it is I'll be playing it on -1 or -2 if need be and on manual. .I think we're in for a good game this year I really do.

Edit:

Ah yeah, this year too, build talk.

Back
Top Bottom