PES 2017 - PC Version Discussion Thread

Can't the preset tactics be modified in the demo? I can only seem to switch between three presets, not edit them.

Have plugged a few hours in now, generally it's really good - very satisfying. Played against Leicester and it was a nightmare tracking Vardy on the break - nothing like that in the other game.

But...

What is up with the CPU being able to go through the back of you to win the ball - especially around their box? The 'stumble' animation is basically their most used tackle on me, even with pretty big strong players. Pretty annoying, and definitely could be game breaking imo.

It kind of forces you to play tiki-taka. Having big players is useful for headers, but I'm finding little utility anywhere else. Can't seem to hold off defenders at all when in the final third.

Finally, do we think someone is going to write some kind of mod to fix the catchup bug? Because it's ridiculous. I've played through lightning forwards like Rashford and Vardy, and they keep getting caught by speed demons like Robet f*cking Huth. I know programmers need to stop spammin of the through ball, but it basically renders direct play useless.

I can imagine playing as Barca must be a dream, little one touch passing is glorious. But trying as a more middling, English team...I'm really struggling with how it feels built to be pass pass pass.

Carbon copy of some of what I was saying a few page back. It remains a far better effort than for many years, but let's hope it can be tweaked by Modders. Because it really could be the best ever then, imo.

Played Burton in the cup last night, was brilliant. They kept pinging long balls up to the big man they had up top, and it unsettled my centre backs once or twice but our quality told, easing into the next round with a 3-0 victory.

Been training with advanced shooting, and in case anyone else is curious - you need to do a sort of rolling motion on your joystick always towards either straight up or straight down (and usually it works well to pull it even a bit back beyond that), and you'll be able to score from outside the box, and in general place the ball on the goal. :)

Sorry to repeat this as I swear I remember someone mentioning it earlier, but is there a way to turn down the sensitivity of the buttons using an Xbox controller? I'm in the basic shooting training, and I literally can't shoot under the crossbar. Even the quickest possible tap of shoot and it goes over.

Similar with manual throughballs, the 'charging' is just miles too fast. Surely a major issue?

Don't you think that the FULL MANUAL experience on both PS4 and PC is a little bit too assisted this year? Do you think that there's a chance to edit the PC gameplay in order to make PES 2017 on PC a much more real experience or no way at all? Thanks.

So today I bought the PC version after playing the PS4 version for 1.5 week now. And I absolutely like how the PC version is played! The same.. But different, But not badly different. Somehow it feels even more free?! Weird!

Anyways, Anyone know how to downsample this game? playing on 1080p, but I have a good rig and want the extra graphic fidelity. Used to be a full PC gamer when it comes to PES but have been playing on console the last 3 years.

Anyone know where I can headstart? haha

103SpooKY, what GPU you have?
If nvidia, go to nvidia control panel, enable DSR 4K, Download last year resolution tool, change the ini that comes with it to /....pes2017..../
Then put 3840x2160 in the tool.
It works.

103SpooKY, what GPU you have?
If nvidia, go to nvidia control panel, enable DSR 4K, Download last year resolution tool, change the ini that comes with it to /....pes2017..../
Then put 3840x2160 in the tool.
It works.

I hav a GTX 1080 mate :) Can you link me to the res tool? DSR is enabled on X4

EDIT : I tried that resolution with blackriders resolution changer and i get an instant whitescreen crash to desktop. Am I doing something wrong? I can launch it windowed mode though but then it gets stretched out of multiple of my 1080p monitors. any settings to change in Nvidia control panel?

Last edited:
I hav a GTX 1080 mate :) Can you link me to the res tool? DSR is enabled on X4

EDIT : I tried that resolution with blackriders resolution changer and i get an instant whitescreen crash to desktop. Am I doing something wrong? I can launch it windowed mode though but then it gets stretched out of multiple of my 1080p monitors. any settings to change in Nvidia control panel?

See the thread I made in the editing section :)
https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes2017-4k-downsampling.76791/#post-3171539

Sorry for being so pedantic but has anyone noticed that goal posts only cast shadows during replays or penalties? Happens in the demo and full game.

@103SpooKy - If you have issues with built-in DSR, try with gedosato - works for me (GTX 1070), no problems even when combined with borderless windowed mode.

Just remember to add PES2017.exe to gedosato's whitelist and check whether your upscaled resolution 3840x2160 already exists in gedosato's config (it should, since it's pretty common).

I'm getting bad stuttering when the opposition goalkeeper takes a short kickout, I'm playing with game booster which seems to be working bcos I was having stuttering all over the pitch b4, any ideas

An LOD tool to enable 3d grass would be great. The game looks real nice in the scenes with the 3D grass, and utter shit without. little things make a big difference.

Fuck konami

I have problems with player switching. It just doesn't switch at sometimes.
Is that something that is just a PC-version thing?
For instance, there are two players who can defend a particular attacker. Then I decide to use the other defender, but it just refuse to switch :CONFUSE:
Do I something wrong, or is it a thing from PES 2017 PC ?

Back
Top Bottom