PES 2017 - PC Version Discussion Thread

Hi guys. Just wanted to do a good thing and help out someone else having trouble with DS4 gamepad on PC. Just download PlayStation Now app and install it on your computer. It will install drivers for DS4 gampad and after that just do gamepad calibration and start a game. You will see a massive difference in your game! Controls will be super responsive and you will be making chances with ease. Don't use DS4 windows or any other tool. Just select Wireless controller in PES settings and configure controls correctly. Enjoy!

Does the controller need to be connected wired?

how do we retrain players to new positions. like for eg if i want to train Rafael varane to dmf position. how do i do it? It was listed as new features of master league.
In training i can find roles like anchor man, build up , extra frontman etc. I can see specific training like speed physical etc. Then there is skills training. But nowhere I can see position training like. varane set to dmf position.
how do they learn new positions?

Thanks you

how do we retrain players to new positions. like for eg if i want to train Rafael varane to dmf position. how do i do it? It was listed as new features of master league.
In training i can find roles like anchor man, build up , extra frontman etc. I can see specific training like speed physical etc. Then there is skills training. But nowhere I can see position training like. varane set to dmf position.
how do they learn new positions?

Thanks you

From what I've gathered, you just need to play a player in a position for a while, and they'll adopt eventually. I haven't actually tried it myself though, but that's how I understood it.

• If you have a Nvidia GPU, go into your Nvidia control panel, under program settings, make the game run with these five settings changed:
-Maximum pre-rendered frames: 4
-Multi-display/mixed GPU acceleration: Single display performance mode
-Power management mode: Prefer maximum performance
-Triple buffering: On
-Vertical Sync: On

I've tried this also but it keeps stuttering, it's ruining a good game for me

Does the controller need to be connected wired?
I only use it wired mate, but I don't see a reason why should it be any different when connected via Bluetooth. If you have DS4 just instal PlayStation App, do a calibration in control panel and start PlayStation App (don't need to set it up, just start it and minimize) and then start PES. World of difference then before the app.

I started to like the game, but after 100 games, game play started to become repetitive. R2 and down the wing, cross and header and a goal!
Plus the disastrous speed. Was playing Spain vs Germany, players run like rockets, ball moves like bullets. Please don't suggest -1 speed because then game sucks really like a slide show. Manual passing is also not an answer

I started to like the game, but after 100 games, game play started to become repetitive. R2 and down the wing, cross and header and a goal!
Plus the disastrous speed. Was playing Spain vs Germany, players run like rockets, ball moves like bullets. Please don't suggest -1 speed because then game sucks really like a slide show. Manual passing is also not an answer

For me manual passing is the answer.. I can't play this game on PA 1, it's too arcadey for my liking

For me manual passing is the answer.. I can't play this game on PA 1, it's too arcadey for my liking

I agree so far. Manual passing has levelled out things quite a bit (at least the far too easy to execute through balls and crosses).

I agree with both above me. I was playing on -1 Speed, and PA 1. Two days ago switched to Default Speed (0) and Manual Passing and the game became not only enjoyable again, but pretty addictive.

Anyone who lost their commentary when getting the patch from PES Update or whatever it was, and have gotten it back? Can't for the life of me figure out why it's gone, as the commentary volume is all the way up.

Anyone who lost their commentary when getting the patch from PES Update or whatever it was, and have gotten it back? Can't for the life of me figure out why it's gone, as the commentary volume is all the way up.
Repair/verify files using the Steam tool, if it's a missing file issue, Steam will fix it.

Repetitive? Down the wing, cross, header and goal? I wonder if you play exhibition games? If you play in the Master league and you try playing like that, Adaptive AI should start in. Adaptive AI is not so much visible in exhibition games, but in off line game modes you should see the effects.
I guess you know about Adaptive AI but just in case:
Adaptive AI
For the first time in a football game, the AI will learn how you play, listen to your strategy plans, follow your Advanced Instructions, and change their tactics accordingly! Pass to a star player often? The opposition will double up on him and mark heavily. Like to constantly play down the wings? Players will cover their fullbacks to make you think twice! The AI will also adapt its attacking tactics, so if you are intercepting the opposition's long passes they will change to a short passing game! Player and team behavior has always been a staple of the PES series, and for PES 2017 Adaptive AI will change sports games forever.
Source: https://www.konami.com/wepes/2017/eu/en/game_play/

Repair/verify files using the Steam tool, if it's a missing file issue, Steam will fix it.
Okay... and of course you know your sound works for other games, videos, lol. So one thing I experienced with FIFA 15 was a loss of ball kicking sounds from time to time. Someone told me it was because my PC was old (it was very old) and couldn't process all the necessary info while playing (ram issue or something, I'm no tech).

Anyone have any tips on how to defend and dribble (contain the ball)? Some how every tackle I make, the ball goes back straight to the CPU, my player always seem to day dream for 1 second after tackling and through balls just literally goes through any of my player standing in between. As for dribbling, the CPU (somehow sprint way quicker than even my fastest players) always just slams into the tackle and perfectly wins the ball. And another 1 second delay for my player to respond after getting tackled.

Okay... and of course you know your sound works for other games, videos, lol. So one thing I experienced with FIFA 15 was a loss of ball kicking sounds from time to time. Someone told me it was because my PC was old (it was very old) and couldn't process all the necessary info while playing (ram issue or something, I'm no tech).

Hehe, yes. It happened after I installed the patch posted a few pages back.

League mode is doing my head in with how it just suddenley decides to turn your players into a bunch of slugs! Form is just out the window, doesn't matter if you've got your arrows pointing up, some matches you're just fucking doomed to lose, passes going everywhere, sluggish turns, no accelleration (even on Kyle Walker), shots going well wide. Annoying me to bits.

I only use it wired mate, but I don't see a reason why should it be any different when connected via Bluetooth. If you have DS4 just instal PlayStation App, do a calibration in control panel and start PlayStation App (don't need to set it up, just start it and minimize) and then start PES. World of difference then before the app.

Installed the app. Its picking up the controller but in the pes settings the shoulder buttons are reversed, the y rotation is set to the r1 and r2 and it wont let me make changes. Is there something I'm missing. Thanks

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between advanced shooting and basic shooting? Isn't the control scheme the same? I tend to hit the bar or the post with the advanced one though, and tend to blast it wide from distance with basic. Haven't really understood either. Saw a couple of tutorials for pes 2016, but it didn't say anything about how to fine tune it or techniques for how to do it well.

Edit - found this, and it explains it quite well;
http://pesmastery.com/pes-shooting-tutorial/

Last edited:
Installed the app. Its picking up the controller but in the pes settings the shoulder buttons are reversed, the y rotation is set to the r1 and r2 and it wont let me make changes. Is there something I'm missing. Thanks

Sorry nevermind. Brain fart from me. Just remembered how to change the buttons. Its up and running now. It does feel better for dribbling esp slow dribbling or maybe I'm just getting better. Also great not having to use 3rd party app.Thanks

Hi guys looking for help from those of you in the game to be able to try on and on ps4 pc..ho asked you a little while ago but I had no answer then I am very undecided whether to buy the game or not, for pc in your opinion the player does not have the moves a bit more cumbersome than the ps4? When they enter the field players on pC are the cinematic type in the champions League with awning in midfield and jingle? Awards with their cups raised by the players? eg on the xbox 360 revenue in the field not esistono..grazie in advance

Sorry nevermind. Brain fart from me. Just remembered how to change the buttons. Its up and running now. It does feel better for dribbling esp slow dribbling or maybe I'm just getting better. Also great not having to use 3rd party app.Thanks
It's that man, you can feel it with precise dribbling easily but everything else is more responsive. You are more then welcome, enjoy!

If u have stuttering problems, download Rivaturner Statitics Server and lock framerate to 60 on PES2017.exe. :)

Turn off Vsync too, and use max hz

Have plugged a few hours in now, generally it's really good - very satisfying. Played against Leicester and it was a nightmare tracking Vardy on the break - nothing like that in the other game.

But...

What is up with the CPU being able to go through the back of you to win the ball - especially around their box? The 'stumble' animation is basically their most used tackle on me, even with pretty big strong players. Pretty annoying, and definitely could be game breaking imo.

It kind of forces you to play tiki-taka. Having big players is useful for headers, but I'm finding little utility anywhere else. Can't seem to hold off defenders at all when in the final third.

Finally, do we think someone is going to write some kind of mod to fix the catchup bug? Because it's ridiculous. I've played through lightning forwards like Rashford and Vardy, and they keep getting caught by speed demons like Robet f*cking Huth. I know programmers need to stop spammin of the through ball, but it basically renders direct play useless.

I can imagine playing as Barca must be a dream, little one touch passing is glorious. But trying as a more middling, English team...I'm really struggling with how it feels built to be pass pass pass.

To share a good observation with the game community, just had a great game I was City vs Arsenal. The default dynamic camera really craps out the game! You can't see spaces and can't maneuver attacks. The best camera I came up with is custom, zero zoom and max hight. WITH angle at 7. Looks and plays great, especially if you want to evade defenses and attack down the middle.

Back
Top Bottom