PES 2017 - PC Version Discussion Thread

Why would they fix it? Game officially needs to use dpfilelist.bin and download folder only if there are data packs available. No official data packs, no use of dpfilelist. It will appear in November, when the first data pack officially lands. Working as intended by Konami, I'm affraid.
Exactly my point. This needs to be addressed in order for data packs to work

anyone has issues with Reshade framework ?
It has happened before in pes2016 and now again in pes2017.
I have tried various profiles but always the same thing: from time to time there is a short screen flicker.
the common factor is always Reshade 1.0 ( can't find any 2.0 or 3.0 profiles and have no ideea how to port them).

Yes, it has ended now. Problem still persists?
it could be your internet provider blocking the live update feature.
not sure about the error code but it I used to get one after half year of problem free pes2016.
Only workaround I found was to tether the 4G conection from my smarpthone via USB and do the live update.
Every week ...

solved after deleted previous live update data :)
let's spend the moneyyy
1Fqikqp.jpg

in master league players feel like unresposive and slow with low team spirit even 71ts,is this normal or input lag? i am playing it on pc.. using fruit's mods and playing it on high 1080p..

I've had a few of those games, where every player just seems to be sliding around on glue. Not sure whether it's down to the framerate issues I'm experiencing at various stadia, the usual AI cheating, team spirit or whatever. But it's annoying as fuck.

Also - what's up with the refs in this game? The opposition seems to be able to get away with assault, while my boys get booked for the smallest of touches.

I can't install Live Update. Is it due to the PESGalaxy patch being installed? If so, how can I install Live Update and maintain the patch?

Thanks.

I've had a few of those games, where every player just seems to be sliding around on glue. Not sure whether it's down to the framerate issues I'm experiencing at various stadia, the usual AI cheating, team spirit or whatever. But it's annoying as fuck.

Also - what's up with the refs in this game? The opposition seems to be able to get away with assault, while my boys get booked for the smallest of touches.

You know what? That's what I came on here to post. I think this PES is SO much closer to greatness than in many years, and I'm glad I've come back after a period away from it (and no, not the dark side either). It's genuinely a very good game, and a marked improvement on the last nearly-decade, when the Emperor had new clothes but the King never returned. Which is precisely why it's such an annoyance to find some potentially ruinous things in the game. My only real faults with it, aside from a few niggles like deadline day deals being one at a time, and of course the gfx downgrade, are as follows:

*Speed being nerfed to stop constant exploits is ok, but it seems no-one can get away from anyone, even if they clearly stole a march and had all the acceleration and momentum already. It's bloody daft. It's virtually pointless releasing speedy players down the wings because it only works at all if they have a half second to get a cross in or whatever, likewise with strikers through the middle. I honestly do think it's good to counteract the speed issue, but in the real game, shit players can be be far more useful than their ability if they're quick as shit. That's how it is - and alternative systems should have accounted for it. I think the AI does a good job, so really should be able to accommodate - or accept it's going to concede. Maybe they should just play a deep line against very quick players, as teams often would for real.

*The CPU commits plenty of fouls, but around their box , they seem to be able to be far more rough than I can without fouling. Even if they can commit more perfectly timed tackled or whatever, as replays often show, it seems unfair, because actuallly...

*The dribbling is great in lots of ways, but it's actually too hard to move in small spaces - I don't expect Robert Huth to be able to do it, but too often, for my liking, even the Messi's of this world just take a spot too long to do anything. I actually LIKE the way passing etc. takes time and forward planning to account for actual leg movement time, but here it just feels excessive, frustrating. Particularly because the CPU seems to operate without that disadvantage, and can react to where you are before you can react to move away. Coupled with the pace aspect, it's a real shit.

*General CPU 'cheats', as far as I feel them... scripting etc. It's better disguised than ever, but it winds me up still, and I was really hoping it wouldn't be there. For example, my shots too often go straight to the keeper or go wide, even in situations where clearly the player really does have to score. Sometimes that randomness is great, but I'm getting it far too often in my ML to be random at all. It's crappy. I got stuffed 3-0 at home by Watford as Southampton, and a transfer-driven decent Southampton side, too. I had more possession, more shots by far, etc - but nothing I could do made a difference. My touch failed me at important times with a whole range of players. I conceded 3 counter attack goals, of about 4 shots they had, all of which had a hint of luck about them. They always get lucky rebounds, it's very rare for me... I hit the post three times, and once it hit the keeper on the ass after and went over. I mean, it must be physics dictated to a degree, but it was one of those games where I wasn't left feeling like 'oh yes, that's the random nature of the real game' - because it wasn't an isolated match. I actuallly just felt like... *really?* It's such a shame, because but for these things, I'd be saying this was genuinely the best PES ever. It does so much right!

Anyone know why the game is switching my players around from the positions I've saved them in? For instance I'll find that my AMF is placed at LB, when I switch them back I'll find other players have been moved, it's driving me nuts.

Anyone know why the game is switching my players around from the positions I've saved them in? For instance I'll find that my AMF is placed at LB, when I switch them back I'll find other players have been moved, it's driving me nuts.

Did you move/transfer a player to another club through the edit mode? you have to edit the formations in the edit mode if that's the case

No I'm just playing friendlies at the moment to get the feel of the game and until I get kits sorted for the Master League. And I did edit the formation in the edit mode also, very strange.

been playing Champions League and in the quarter finals I feel like I've come across the mother of all scripts of some sorts....been playing ~10 games in a row now against Benfica without scoring a single goal - always losing - and the AI hunts down all my forwards with ease.

this game is really hard...

Hi guys. Just wanted to do a good thing and help out someone else having trouble with DS4 gamepad on PC. Just download PlayStation Now app and install it on your computer. It will install drivers for DS4 gampad and after that just do gamepad calibration and start a game. You will see a massive difference in your game! Controls will be super responsive and you will be making chances with ease. Don't use DS4 windows or any other tool. Just select Wireless controller in PES settings and configure controls correctly. Enjoy!

Ah, and one other, enraging thing... when I take manual override control of tracking back etc, my player stutters and pauses for a crucial, unbelievably annoying second. Just me?

Fab, insightful , intelligent review robsk. I really enjoyed reading that.

Thanks Angus! I remain pleased that, despite the pointless naysaying, it really is a marked progression for once. I don't regret my purchase. Still... I am left nursing my wounds of frustration, and lamenting the miss of what was, at long last, a seemingly open goal.

Can I ask a really rudimentary question: do the patches on PC tend to change the formations and strategies of individual teams? Ie, is there a great patch for improving team personality for the EPL?

Second quick q: for those using steam, is there a way to backup your installatino files so if you screw things up with a patch, you don't have to download it all again? Have sloooowww internet

Can I ask a really rudimentary question: do the patches on PC tend to change the formations and strategies of individual teams? Ie, is there a great patch for improving team personality for the EPL?

Second quick q: for those using steam, is there a way to backup your installatino files so if you screw things up with a patch, you don't have to download it all again? Have sloooowww internet
the second question: easy just copy the whole game folder to another location, so if you screw things up, delete the old files, copy the backup back and do a steam integrity check on the files

I can't seem to get rid of the stuttering. It's gone for one game, then there again the next, and it seems a bit random when it hits. Some stadiums are fine one day, then bad the next. Any ideas on how to fix it? I've tried lowering resolution considerably (even had stutters on 800x600), and installed the DDOverrider thing. Here are my specs;

AwOba02.jpg

It seems to stutter a lot more in league mode, for whatever reason. Maybe too many AI cheat scripts running in the background in some matches? ;)

I can't seem to get rid of the stuttering. It's gone for one game, then there again the next, and it seems a bit random when it hits. Some stadiums are fine one day, then bad the next. Any ideas on how to fix it? I've tried lowering resolution considerably (even had stutters on 800x600), and installed the DDOverrider thing. Here are my specs;

AwOba02.jpg
I was having this problem, my specs are quite similar to your's.
Found out it was because I had Chrome/Opera open in the background! The second i close them down the game runs fine...

I was having this problem, my specs are quite similar to your's.
Found out it was because I had Chrome/Opera open in the background! The second i close them down the game runs fine...

Yeah, that has worked for me a few times, but not always. Thanks for the tip though! I actually just set the image quality to medium now, and it seems work much better now. Will see how it goes over a few matches. I don't really mind the quality being a bit lower.

• If you have a Nvidia GPU, go into your Nvidia control panel, under program settings, make the game run with these five settings changed:
-Maximum pre-rendered frames: 4
-Multi-display/mixed GPU acceleration: Single display performance mode
-Power management mode: Prefer maximum performance
-Triple buffering: On
-Vertical Sync: On

• If you have a Nvidia GPU, go into your Nvidia control panel, under program settings, make the game run with these five settings changed:
-Maximum pre-rendered frames: 4
-Multi-display/mixed GPU acceleration: Single display performance mode
-Power management mode: Prefer maximum performance
-Triple buffering: On
-Vertical Sync: On

Cool, I'll try that, thanks!

I have to say though, I keep remembering why I've been so reluctant at picking up this game over the past few years - there's always so many frustrating aspects of it you need to iron out (even if the gameplay is reasonably good). It's like chasing the dragon, always in search of a better experience of the game, and it just never really seems to be quite there. Hah, oh well, enough of my gruff.

i don't know, if i am right here, but what is the best way to score freekicks in pes 2017. whats the best ways to take a freekick over the wall? :)

Back
Top Bottom