PES 2017 - PC Version Discussion Thread

Thank you!
So I guess I'll keep playing the same way. No RadeonPro needed. Windowed Mode + Borderless. Has been the best formula for me yet.

However I can't seem to push the game beyond 1920x1080. Tried the Resolution Tool, tried Gedosato. I must be doing something wrong since I can play FIFA at 4K but not PES.

Disable DPI scaling on the PES settings file, and you will be able to do 1440p....

right click on the settings file, on the compatibility tab

Done that. Still can't get higher resolutions than ****x1080.
I've enabled Super Virtual Resolution on AMD Catalyst software. This is so strange. How come FIFA lets choose up to 3200x1800 and PES won't!

I used a tool from last year PES2016_ResolutionChanger https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/r...93-improve-graphics-4k-5k-downsampling.75546/

Copy it to folder like the PEs install folder open it and press save. I creates an ini file in the folder. Open the ini with notepad and change the path to from the pes 2016 save folder to the 2017 one and save. eg
[Settings]
Filename=D:\Documents\KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 2017\settings.dat

Works for me.

Done that. Still can't get higher resolutions than ****x1080.
I've enabled Super Virtual Resolution on AMD Catalyst software. This is so strange. How come FIFA lets choose up to 3200x1800 and PES won't!
set your desktop resolution to 4k and then you will be able to select 1440p, when you open the settings menu.

Having played a few matches now - meh. Can't say I'm too impressed. Every game feels the same. I won 1-0 against Hull, Liverpool and West Ham, completely controlled all games, then met PSG in the Champions League, same-ish game, only I won 4-1. Top Player. Not saying I'm so terrific, cus I'm definitely not, but every game just feels the same to me, and through balls and wing attacks/crosses are too effective. I've even tried to deliberately not exploit those, and still end up scoring same-ish goals.

Also tried to play an online match, but spent almost 5 minutes finding an opponent, so I gave up.

Oh, well, it was worth a try.

Last edited:
set your desktop resolution to 4k and then you will be able to select 1440p, when you open the settings menu.

Yeah but still can't make it to 4k :(

Resolution Changer can't change the 1080 :/ And of course the game crashes. My desktop is at 4k right now thanks to super virtual, AMD. GeDoSaTo whitelist and everything.

There are 2 different revisions of the Resolution Changer tool. I tried version 1.01 first and my game would crash loading up trying 4k. I tried the version 1.0 of the resolution tool, and it then worked perfectly in 4K (3840x2160p@60Hz.)

Most of the stadiums from estarlen silva's pack from last year still work

The stadiums removed from the game like Juventus stadium and Old Trafford bring back some commentary lines too

How, do You just simply add the stadiums cpk and regenerate filelist?

Guys, seriously...the I've tried to follow some of the changes suggested in here but the stuttering gets worse. What should I do? Should I change some settings in AMD Catalyst Control Centre or where or what should I change now? Thanks in advance for any knowledge.

Thanks a lot.:APPLAUD:

Thats more like it,41 stadiums in game now,and crowd better in them

2 out of the 3 stadiums i have tried haven't worked so far......Napoli (crashed game) and Roma's (infinate loading) stadiums failed, Juventus worked.....
I have no idea why?

anyone?

2 out of the 3 stadiums i have tried haven't worked so far......Napoli (crashed game) and Roma's (infinate loading) stadiums failed, Juventus worked.....
I have no idea why?

anyone?

Anfield and Signal iduna park crash too. I assumed it's because they'll be licensed at some point. More than enough stadiums working to keep me happy until Estarlen silva releases a proper pack though

For anyone having problems with more than 1080p resolution, the tool from last year for custom resolution works on PES2017, provided that your graphic card control panel can do the wanted resolution, being native or downsampled.

For anyone having problems with more than 1080p resolution, the tool from last year for custom resolution works on PES2017, provided that your graphic card control panel can do the wanted resolution, being native or downsampled.

I cannot get it to work, pal.

May I ask this here? Haven't had any luck in the RANDOM QUESTIONS Thread.

Is there any way to turn off live updates for good? I hate them!
Also, how to make PES stop checking for Internet connection?. Sometimes I'm in the middle of a (great) OFFLINE match and the game goes into pause menu just to let me know I've lost my Internet connection?! WTF?

So, finally yesterday evening I want to play online. Tried Online league and my club and in both, with open filter, I did not get any opponent!!!!!! Why?
I am using: PES17 License 1.0, PES 2017 InMortal FX 4KTurf MOD (DATA Ver) v0.2, FMODS_SFX_1.1, fmp_v1.cpk, ball.cpk and one of PES 2017 Premier League Corner Flags Pack by Leo05.
Is there a problem for online playing by using cpk´s?

Tried the demo yesterday.
I've played three matches so far: it feels better than PES 2016 but there's still the problem of the CPU always trying to score with the same usual low shot on the far post.
I mean, in three matches I've seen one shot from the CPU go over the bar (because I messed up the goal kick and I passed the ball myself to Griezmann) and one header from a set piece which is the first goal I conceded (Free kick from the right, near the limit of the box: ball crossed in, Müller heads it past Lloris).
All the other shots have been the same, old low shot on the far post (and it kills relism for me).

Too bad, as from what I've seen I really like the behaviour of the game during the build-up.

Tried the demo yesterday.
I've played three matches so far: it feels better than PES 2016 but there's still the problem of the CPU always trying to score with the same usual low shot on the far post.
I mean, in three matches I've seen one shot from the CPU go over the bar (because I messed up the goal kick and I passed the ball myself to Griezmann) and one header from a set piece which is the first goal I conceded (Free kick from the right, near the limit of the box: ball crossed in, Müller heads it past Lloris).
All the other shots have been the same, old low shot on the far post (and it kills relism for me).

Too bad, as from what I've seen I really like the behaviour of the game during the build-up.
for me on master league is ok, ai tries long shots, headers, low shots, high shots, long passes, short passes, 1-2 passes, theres definitely variety there. so far i havent noticed r2 shots from ai, but i think i know why, cos r2 shots are nerfed this time

Back
Top Bottom