PES 2017 - PC Version Discussion Thread

Having played quite a lot, I can't believe that finally Konami delivers old PES gen magic in terms of gameplaywise and beats it. I have lost a hope long time ago but it's hapennig for real. It's better than PES6 we used to remember, really, and AI plays so many different variants including shots out of the box, fauls are also there, nothing to worry about. I still can't believe it. If anybody lost a hope as I did, please trust me, spend your savings (this year you won't regret :P) and give it a go.

Now, if only we had the PS4 graphics boyz, meh I can live without that, I'm amazed anyway. If anybody thinks that gameplay differs from PS4 then he/she lost his/her mind. It's exact same gameplay.

Same here, especially when players are packed in midfield the game slows down a bit.. really annoying haven't found a fix yet. Playing on medium does the trick but it makes the graphics bad.
Your issue is not the same as mine, my problem is a random stutter not a issue with the game slowing down due to lack of cpu or gpu horse power, PES17 puts my PC under zero stress what so ever.

If you or the CPU uses Gegenpress than it's going to stutter like mad. So angry about this. Windowed mode on medium reduces it but it doesn't stop it. I tries to use that FPS software recommended on the previous page but it definitely didn't make it any better.

I only get the stutter every so often, it seems to be an asset loading caching issue, could even be down the mod's.

Even when i get the stutter the frame rate monitoring software is showing 60fps, so the frames are being rendered....i shall investigate further....it's probably asset loading though.

I only get the stutter every so often, it seems to be an asset loading caching issue, could even be down the mod's.

Even when i get the stutter the frame rate monitoring software is showing 60fps, so the frames are being rendered....i shall investigate further....it's probably asset loading though.
I see the same thing in the demo, and I hear my HDD head moving out of its parking position when it happens, so it's definitely some kind of read operation. Maybe it's related to Denuvo.

I have no commentary, really do not know how to bring it back? can anyone help me? please

Yeah, same here. Did you install the patch posted earlier in the thread? Might be the culprit. I don't really mind though. Liking the game so far. Can't say I'm too bothered with the "bad" graphics. The game plays well, in my opinion.

I see the same thing in the demo, and I hear my HDD head moving out of its parking position when it happens, so it's definitely some kind of read operation. Maybe it's related to Denuvo.
I'm going to move my install to one of my SSD's and see if that's the issue.

I just played a game that was stutter free (not the first time), I have skype turned off, 2 of my monitors off, windows defender disabled, no browser open. so basically i am getting the game running with bare bones running in the background...

I'll pay a few games tonight and if there is anything to report, i will.

Has anyone else tried to modify the exe without removing Denuvo? Because I tried removing FXAA from the code and the game worked fine.

This could mean good news, as .exe mods could be possible, as long as Denuvo code is there.

Got the problem solved. Thanks to SnakeCRO for the idea. As I said, I installed two CPKs in the download folder. Everything worked fine when I was playing offline. But no opponent online.

Then I removed the CPKs and the Dpfilelist and got the download folder clean. Now I can play online :D

Please try. I think this must be the solution.
Can anybody else confirm that?

I removed the line "Effect.FXAA.Enable". As you can see here, the jaggies are apparent now.

9twvGyk.png

Edit: Image does not appear. Maybe it's because it's stored in Imgur?

Last edited:
Just in case... commentary problem solved, needed to switch in creative SB driver to headphones, HP were connected but there was set to 5.1 not for HP. Its ok now.

For anyone with stuttering, i solved it on my pc enabling/overriding vsync on nvidia control panel ( i think i used adaptive but i don't have screen tearing since it's a steady 60fps anyway)

Konami vsync is bugged, before i had 60fps as well but stuttering was there.....now it's completely gone.

I played a further 3 games tonight stutter free, the game is now on my kingston ssd and the only thing else from my above settings was i used a program called clock blocker to stop the GPU core clock (AMD only) from fluctuating up and down....

Note i am playing on a freesync monitor so it will be helping....i have had stutters though with freesync on, even in pes16.

I am thinking skype maybe the issue for me...as it does share the same sound resources and it seems for me anyway it's a change of sound in game that triggers the stuttering. (note i have set the buffer to 8 in game settings)..

Any way 3 games no stutters, it was fine, try some of the things i have and see if you get positive results.

Are you shocked by the review?

PROS
  • Best Soccer Gameplay yet
CONS
  • Major Aesthetic Problems
  • Lack of Charm and personality
  • Gameplay/Control bugs
It's exactly as we expected and ppl are saying here.

pc review: score 2 out of 5
http://twinfinite.net/2016/09/pro-evolution-soccer-2017-review/
guess ill be getting a ps4 soon
sorry but this review is pathetic, the PC version is essentially the same bar a lighting and few extra graphical touches.......to be honest the ps4 version doesn't look all that much better....

The gameplay on PC is rock solid, added to the fact that the modding will more than make up for the lack of a few visual effects....

the guy who wrote that hasn't a clue, he completely contradicted himself by saying best game of football ever the only giving it 2.5/5......

Reactions: Han
Back
Top Bottom