PES 2017 - PC Version Discussion Thread

I haven't read the entire thread so apologies if this has been addressed already:

Is anyone playing this on a FreeSync/G-Sync monitor? Does it work properly / feel any better in terms of responsiveness?

I've always found in-game VSync in PES to be broken. Been playing PES 2013 since release with V-Sync disabled in Settings.exe and VSync+Triple Buffering force enabled in D3DOverrider, it makes the game run miles better. I've tried and given up on PES 2014, 15 and 16 on PC because I could never get it to work properly, either I'd have to make do with VSync on and terrible input lag, or VSync off and even worse screen tear.

Got a FreeSync monitor on the way in a few days, and if I know it'll get the game to run smoothly, without input lag and tearing, PES will be the first game I use it for :D

@saad, I got 144Hz G-Sync monitor and unfortunately, I had to switch off G-Sync and enable vsync in nvidia control panel. Having that done there's no single stutter and game just work perfectly fine. With G-Sync it was a mess.

I haven't tried that once I bought full version, but I doubt anything has changed about that. I'll check once I get back to home.

For those who have stuttering problems, are you playing with high settings? Is your CPU dual core or quad core? I remember I had some issues with PES 2016 in high settings, mainly replay logo freezes during set pieces. Did this happen to you last year?

For those who have stuttering problems, are you playing with high settings? Is your CPU dual core or quad core? I remember I had some issues with PES 2016 in high settings, mainly replay logo freezes during set pieces. Did this happen to you last year?
high settings, quad core i7 4720hq. stuttering occurs randomly in game. last year version 1.0 also had some stuttering, after updates game ran ok

I've got a 144hz FreeSync monitor, running at 1440p. I just noticed since I updated drivers last week that my freesync has been off, will confirm now that it's on if I get any issues, but had zero issues before.

Can anybody else confirm that?

I`ll try again tonight with only adding my Juventus-kit-CPK to the download folder. Maybe the reason for not finding any opponent was only the pitch mod I installed.
Does anyone have CPKs and a Dpfilelist in the download folder and can play online?

@saad, I got 144Hz G-Sync monitor and unfortunately, I had to switch off G-Sync and enable vsync in nvidia control panel. Having that done there's no single stutter and game just work perfectly fine. With G-Sync it was a mess.

I haven't tried that once I bought full version, but I doubt anything has changed about that. I'll check once I get back to home.

I've got a 144hz FreeSync monitor, running at 1440p. I just noticed since I updated drivers last week that my freesync has been off, will confirm now that it's on if I get any issues, but had zero issues before.

Thanks for the responses, lads. A bit worrying that adaptive sync doesn't seem to work properly, but as long as it runs stutter- and lag-free, I guess I'm not too bothered!

The responses in this thread are fairly positive regarding input lag, which has been the number one reason behind my ditching the last two games in the series. I'm probably going to cave in and get this one too despite already having bought the PS4 version.

I'm the reason Konami keep getting away with fleecing PC gamers, aren't I...

We do what our hearts tell us to do. Eh, plus it's only 40 bucks... Better to support Konami til they get their act together, than have them fail and drop the game altogether. Look what happened when 2K stopped making American football and EA no longer had any competition... gamers were left with that monstrosity they call Madden.

Thanks for the responses, lads. A bit worrying that adaptive sync doesn't seem to work properly, but as long as it runs stutter- and lag-free, I guess I'm not too bothered!

The responses in this thread are fairly positive regarding input lag, which has been the number one reason behind my ditching the last two games in the series. I'm probably going to cave in and get this one too despite already having bought the PS4 version.

Adaptive sync isn't really relevant on PES, the game is pretty much locked at 59/60hz, and is hardcoded to run with Vsync on, that being said the low response time of 144hz freesync does make a difference compared to a 60hz 5ms ips panel...it quite startling the difference in how much less input lag there is playing on a proper gaming panel compared to a standard IPS panel.

I'd also be interested to know if those people are getting input lag, what spec there machine is and if they are playing with a wireless or wired controller, what type of panel/tv they have...

Adaptive sync isn't really relevant on PES, the game is pretty much locked at 59/60hz, and is hardcoded to run with Vsync on

I'm pretty sure you can get around that with a tool like D3DOverrider or RadeonPro, though. Or with the Nvidia Control Panel / whatever AMD's is called (I'll find out soon enough once I hook my RX 480 up).

My understanding is that VSync is hardcoded into the game from PES2014 onwards (with the option being available in Settings before then). Forcing it off with D3DOverrider always greatly improves the responsiveness of the game, but the screen tears like mad because the unlocked frame rate is far higher than the 60Hz display can output.

Adaptive sync should, theoretically at least, be the perfect solution: force-disable the game's cooked-in VSync to get rid of input lag, and match refresh rate with frame rate to get rid of tearing.

As for specs/display/controller types for people who complain of input lag, I'm pretty sure I've got half the spectrum covered :P. Played on a good (space age, by Pro Evo standards) machine with a GTX 970M, a low-end machine with a GT 525M, a PS3, two different LED TVs, two different laptop displays (one TN, one IPS I think, though I'm not sure what their response times are), wireless PS3 controller, wired PS3 controller, wired PS4 controller, wired PS2 controller. It was always there, and the only way to get rid was to force VSync off. Or play on the PS4 *shrug*

Adaptive sync should, theoretically at least, be the perfect solution: force-disable the game's cooked-in VSync to get rid of input lag, and match refresh rate with frame rate to get rid of tearing.
No, Adaptive VSync basically only disables VSync as soon as the frame rate drops below 60fps. It doesn't make a difference at 60fps.

I'm pretty sure you can get around that with a tool like D3DOverrider or RadeonPro, though. Or with the Nvidia Control Panel / whatever AMD's is called (I'll find out soon enough once I hook my RX 480 up).

My understanding is that VSync is hardcoded into the game from PES2014 onwards (with the option being available in Settings before then). Forcing it off with D3DOverrider always greatly improves the responsiveness of the game, but the screen tears like mad because the unlocked frame rate is far higher than the 60Hz display can output.

As for specs/display/controller types for people who complain of input lag, I'm pretty sure I've got half the spectrum covered :P. Played on a good (space age, by Pro Evo standards) machine with a GTX 970M, a low-end machine with a GT 525M, a PS3, two different LED TVs, two different laptop displays (one TN, one IPS I think, though I'm not sure what their response times are), wireless PS3 controller, wired PS3 controller, wired PS4 controller, wired PS2 controller. It was always there, and the only way to get rid was to force VSync off. Or play on the PS4 *shrug*

Nope i have tried it, it doesn't work, the game is hardcoded at 60hz, if you force the game to run any higher the game becomes a stuttery mess.

Edit turning vsync off even with freesync pes still suffers from tearing.

Last edited:
I've been to several PES/WE Editing forum. It's surprising there are lots of demand for crack and FULL patch for the demo of the game. Piracy is one thing, but the ability to turn a demo into full game (albeit a crap one) is really something else.

Nope i have tried it, it doesn't work, the game is hardcoded at 60hz, if you force the game to run any higher the game becomes a stuttery mess.

Edit turning vsync off even with freesync pes still suffers from tearing.

Fair enough. Disappointing, but not unexpected considering all the other ridiculous things Konami have done over the years.

Oh well. Nothing to do now but play it and judge for myself :P

i had exploring dt15 and noticed some dortmund and liverpool extra logos.maybe konami will release those legend teams like barca

Sweet, I managed to remove the hideous myclub 3d pitch adverts
Still no shadow from the goalposts even in full sunlight? You bunch of lazy :CENSOR::CENSOR::CENSOR:, how is this possible that it's been missing since PES 2014?

I could almost understand it not being there in PES 2014. New engine, you know.
I begrudgingly beared its absence in PES 2015 ("who knows, maybe they forgot it" I thought).
I bought PES 2016 despite this issue not being yet fixed...

And now in PES 2017 it's still lacking? :SHOCK:

I'll be trying the demo tonight as I've always done, but this issue is really getting on my nerves now. And so is the CPU always attempting a low finesse shot across the goal as it's been reported (but this is something I will check myself, as it looked to me like it was solved with the EURO 2016 update of PES 2016).

I honestly don't feel any input lag. No screen tearing. But I think I'm gonna try forcing VSync OFF and force Frame Rate to 60 through RadeonPro.

However I would like to know whether to enable Dynamic FrameRate in Radeon Pro.

Oh, and one more thing: Why do we have to force the FPS to 60 and not more?.

Nvidia
1- Try turn off VSync on pes 2017 profile
2- Pes 2017, settings, windowed mode
3- run Borderless Gaming 8.4
4- open Pes 2017, in Borderless click over Pes2017 and click >
You dont have tearing, imputlag or other issues.

Sorry my english

I honestly don't feel any input lag. No screen tearing. But I think I'm gonna try forcing VSync OFF and force Frame Rate to 60 through RadeonPro.

However I would like to know whether to enable Dynamic FrameRate in Radeon Pro.

Oh, and one more thing: Why do we have to force the FPS to 60 and not more?.

Forcing off in radeon pro resulted in screen tearing, and it was not any more responsive for me. Dynamic doesn't make any difference it only kicks in when the frame rate drops below the monitors refresh rate, which shouldn't happen unless you run the game on a potato.

We can't do more than 60hz because the game engine is hardcoded to run everything at 60hz (AI, Physics, animations), you can render the game at more, but you will get stutter as the game engine still runs at 60hz.

Nvidia
1- Try turn off VSync on pes 2017 profile
2- Pes 2017, settings, windowed mode
3- run Borderless Gaming 8.4
4- open Pes 2017, in Borderless click over Pes2017 and click >
You dont have tearing, imputlag or other issues.

Sorry my english
Borderless just enables vsync.

Forcing off in radeon pro resulted in screen tearing, and it was not any more responsive for me. Dynamic doesn't make any difference it only kicks in when the frame rate drops below the monitors refresh rate, which shouldn't happen unless you run the game on a potato.

We can't do more than 60hz because the game engine is hardcoded to run everything at 60hz (AI, Physics, animations), you can render the game at more, but you will get stutter as the game engine still runs at 60hz.

Thank you!
So I guess I'll keep playing the same way. No RadeonPro needed. Windowed Mode + Borderless. Has been the best formula for me yet.

However I can't seem to push the game beyond 1920x1080. Tried the Resolution Tool, tried Gedosato. I must be doing something wrong since I can play FIFA at 4K but not PES.

Back
Top Bottom