PES 2017 - PC Version Discussion Thread

So, this' my first attempt at modding the game.....basically every old mod that works in pes2015/16 works here as well....honestly i don't think it looks that bad.

Click to see them if not loading properly

In San Siro and St. Jacob-Park i didn't edit the pitch lines so they sort of flicker in game....while i edtited the ones in La Bomobnera....

No sweetfx used.

Some points to mention
1. The reason we get such shitty port for pc is PS3/Xbox360. Remember the astonishing graphics of PES2014? Waving shirts, and life like photorealism. But PS3/Xbox360 was struggling to cope with that. There was many stutterings/lags.
So Konami degraded graphics and overall gameplay physics to the shit called PES 2015. And for marketing purposes (promoting next gen consoles) decided to port the Ps3 version to PC.
2. The reason Konami killed PES 2014 project (the most sim football till today) is that people could NOT understand the approach of simulation. They tried to play it as PES 6 and didn't work for them. So they asked for a PES 6 remastered.
3. PES 2017 is trully a PES 6 remastered HD. Who ever likes arcade style, fun, fast paced, old school soccer game. PES 2017 is trully a gem. Who wants simulation, thinking before every touch/pass/move PES 2017 is not for him.

Pes 2014 had the best physics/footplanting, gamespeed, ball physics. If konami could unbury this project and work on that we will have a true soccer sim.

For what it is PES 2017 is very good. PC with some reshades/turf mods will be decent arcade fun soccer game.

PES 2014 was a good base, but disgustingly unresponsive. All of the physics and animations in the world can't save your football game if it's sluggish. I don't mean in the deliberate way, either.

So, this' my first attempt at modding the game.....basically every old mod that works in pes2015/16 works here as well....honestly i don't think it looks that bad.

In San Siro and St. Jacob-Park i didn't edit the pitch lines so they sort of flicker in game....while i edtited the ones in La Bomobnera....

No sweetfx used.

Turf mods work?

No sweetfx used.

Really nice work. Could you share your changes?

Turf mods work?

yup.

Really nice work. Could you share your changes?

pes2016 lavezzi turf (delete all pitch line files to remove the flickering effect) Keep in mind Camp Nou is bugged with this one, i think beacause of wrong ids or some not needed file in the weather settings....i'll look into this....in the meantime you can simply remove it and play with the default turf.

Hd boots fix

crowd mod (waiting for the esternsilva one that looks great)

no ball cursor and guide

resolution changer download the 1.0 one....open it and edit the ini file to point at your pes2017 save folder. I use 4k downsampled to 1080p.

i think that's all i used in the pics.

yup.

pes2016 lavezzi turf (delete all pitch line files to remove the flickering effect) Keep in mind Camp Nou is bugged with this one, i think beacause of wrong ids or some not needed file in the weather settings....i'll look into this....in the meantime you can simply remove it and play with the default turf.

Hd boots fix

no ball cursor and guide

resolution changer download the 1.0 one....open it and edit the ini file to point at your pes2017 save folder. I use 4k downsampled to 1080p.

Hell yeah. Using Estarlen Silva last year turf. Thanks :D

yup.

Hd boots fix

no ball cursor and guide

I tried lavezzi's turf yesterday, but removed it because at camp nou the players become solid red. Can you tell me how to remove camp nou? What should I delete in the cpk? I don't know which one is camp nou. Thanks

I finally got some time to try the demo...

The short story: this is fucking garbage.

The long story: what on Earth have they done to PES? It's just an arcade game now, a rigid, poorly animated one at that. If this is Adam/Konami's vision to take PES back to it's roots then they can keep it. And the visuals? It looks like an early PS3 game. Horrendous. This is really such a poor effort and there is no excuse to intentionally downgrade the PC version.

£39.99? Fuck clean off. I'm not even sure this is worthy of a sale purchase. Maybe further down the line when it's fully patched and polished up by the community, but as it stands, PES 2017 is a bargain basement arcade kickabout.

Thankfully FIFA is steadily getting better, plays well, and looks fantastic. I'll stick with that.

Yeah you sum it up pretty well, I realise I'm known as a Fifa fanboy on here so my opinion is easy to brush off by the hardcore PES fans (hey don't get me wrong if PES is everything you want from a football game that's great, if you're happy I'm happy!) but I just answered the question on the Steam forums "ignoring the graphics, is PES 2017 worth buying for PC" and despite spending the last two days trying desperately to see what the hardcore lovers of this version are seeing and trying desperately to see past the flaws I just can't, it's hideous, this is my actual reply to the question:

It's easy to say "ignoring the graphics is it worth it" but unless you have cataracts the size of Kansas you simply cannot ignore how monumentally fucking ugly the game is, it's not just the graphics themselves, the animations are still extremely poor IMO, they look like something I'd expect when I download a mod off the modding nexus that 3 guys did after school for fun. Menus are horrific, ugly, poorly laid out, extremely slow to navigate, Master League (only league I have interest in coming from MM/CM of Fifa) is still flat, uninspiring, poorly programmed and completely devoid of any kind of connected feeling compared to Fifa with the proper league structure and transfer system and such. Don't get me wrong Fifa is filled with flaws and annoyances which will be compounded by the lack of mod support in Fifa 17 (I detest FOW in CM!) but it still offers a far more cohesive, engaging football club manager experience, on and off the pitch.

Just had my first experience of PES' idea of transfer deadline day, oh dear, apparently you can only negotiate one player at a time, if I have two deals agreed you cannot say yes to both, you say yes to one, time moves on two hours, then you can say yes to the other, seriously? I thought how Fifa handled transfer deadline day was bad but it's mindblowingly well designed compared to how PES handles it (TBH the way PES handles the whole transfer process is poor).

So in brief, is PES 2017 for PC worth it? Yes, if your sole purpose is to play it until the 27th so you can be happy in the knowledge that Fifa hands-down beats it in every single area of game design, visuals, sound quality, animation, gameplay, UI, modes, licenses, etc. etc.

I'll try and keep playing it for the next couple of weeks but it's already feeling like a chore.

PesGalaxy ‏@Pesgalaxy Sep 16
Our PES 17 PC Patch is on a good way. Really hope that we can release the first Version around Sunday :D

CsemGS6W8AAgtJZ.jpg:large

I forget how all this works: if I install a patch and start a Master League, if I remember rightly, doesn't that risk messing it all up again? I've not been around for a few years, but I actually went with a PC option file instead to ensure it wasn't an issue last time.

I forget how all this works: if I install a patch and start a Master League, if I remember rightly, doesn't that risk messing it all up again? I've not been around for a few years, but I actually went with a PC option file instead to ensure it wasn't an issue last time.

messing what up? If you have done edits then probably you will lose them because the patch will include their own edit file

Sorry, I wasn't clear. What I mean is that I recall having a patch then starting a ML, but the patch update messing up the save file, players at the wrong places, etc. I don't mind edits being lost now - in short, I'm just waiting for the easiest way to get everything up together on PC so I can start a ML properly!!

yup.

Hd boots fix

no ball cursor and guide

Tried to downsample but it crashes. Downloaded the 1.0, installed GeDoSaTo, deactivated UEFI Secure Boot... I don't know what to do :/

EDIT: Okey, now it works.

Yeah you sum it up pretty well, I realise I'm known as a Fifa fanboy on here so my opinion is easy to brush off by the hardcore PES fans (hey don't get me wrong if PES is everything you want from a football game that's great, if you're happy I'm happy!) but I just answered the question on the Steam forums "ignoring the graphics, is PES 2017 worth buying for PC" and despite spending the last two days trying desperately to see what the hardcore lovers of this version are seeing and trying desperately to see past the flaws I just can't, it's hideous, this is my actual reply to the question:

It's easy to say "ignoring the graphics is it worth it" but unless you have cataracts the size of Kansas you simply cannot ignore how monumentally fucking ugly the game is, it's not just the graphics themselves, the animations are still extremely poor IMO, they look like something I'd expect when I download a mod off the modding nexus that 3 guys did after school for fun. Menus are horrific, ugly, poorly laid out, extremely slow to navigate, Master League (only league I have interest in coming from MM/CM of Fifa) is still flat, uninspiring, poorly programmed and completely devoid of any kind of connected feeling compared to Fifa with the proper league structure and transfer system and such. Don't get me wrong Fifa is filled with flaws and annoyances which will be compounded by the lack of mod support in Fifa 17 (I detest FOW in CM!) but it still offers a far more cohesive, engaging football club manager experience, on and off the pitch.

Just had my first experience of PES' idea of transfer deadline day, oh dear, apparently you can only negotiate one player at a time, if I have two deals agreed you cannot say yes to both, you say yes to one, time moves on two hours, then you can say yes to the other, seriously? I thought how Fifa handled transfer deadline day was bad but it's mindblowingly well designed compared to how PES handles it (TBH the way PES handles the whole transfer process is poor).

So in brief, is PES 2017 for PC worth it? Yes, if your sole purpose is to play it until the 27th so you can be happy in the knowledge that Fifa hands-down beats it in every single area of game design, visuals, sound quality, animation, gameplay, UI, modes, licenses, etc. etc.

I'll try and keep playing it for the next couple of weeks but it's already feeling like a chore.

It's just such a shame since the PS4 version is a lot better. They could have had a killer product, but they done goofed. Big time. Here's a post I made on Reddit in reply to someone who was essentially claiming it was the PC community's fault for the old-gen port, and how we should just suck it up and buy the product anyway.

No you see, that's not how that works at all. You can't provide a half-assed product and expect to cultivate some sort of following. The product has to be good to begin with. That's how you generate buzz, hype and a fan base. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy to release an old-gen port on Steam. The users will (understandably) trash the game, thus creating animosity towards Konami and ultimately damaging the PES brand. It's detrimental in the long run, especially when the likes of EA have a PC version that is superior to the consoles. Like I said, you can't provide an inferior product and then turn around and go, "See? They weren't interested in a PC version after all!" That's absurd logic.

This is coming from someone who has purchased multiple copies of PES (PS4, AND PC) for years. I've been buying PES since the early 2000s. I already have 2017 pre-ordered, but that doesn't change my stance on their treatment of a very loyal, and die hard fanbase. If they had approached this with clear messaging, and a firm plan from the get go, then sure. Like I said, it's been three versions of the game so you're not going to get the benefit of the doubt anymore.

Last edited:
Guys i like real turf, but Nou Camp has problem (all 3d models, players, ball are red). I play the demo (i can't afford full game), and i want a decent turf from this patch. How can i import textures to nou camp?

yup.

Hd boots fix

no ball cursor and guide

Thank you!!!
Would be nice to have Camp Nou fixed though.

All I need now is a good facepack and a kits pack as well.

http://kotaku.com/konamis-latest-pc-port-is-terrible-1786692952

A big publication picking up on it now also... hopefully this makes things different next year.

Honestly i get most of the complaints apart from people who moan about the closeups of players having less shadows under the eye and less sweat on the cheeks or whatever

I mean who plays the game staring at closeups of each player? Especially Ozil for that matter.

Guys, I have a question. Is BEDIT0000 file in the save folder, containing my player edits? If I copy this to PES 2017's save folder, will I have the edited players from 2016? Quite tedious to go through editing my players all over again...

I tried lavezzi's turf yesterday, but removed it because at camp nou the players become solid red. Can you tell me how to remove camp nou? What should I delete in the cpk? I don't know which one is camp nou. Thanks

Guys i like real turf, but Nou Camp has problem (all 3d models, players, ball are red). I play the demo (i can't afford full game), and i want a decent turf from this patch. How can i import textures to nou camp?

Thank you!!!
Would be nice to have Camp Nou fixed though.

All I need now is a good facepack and a kits pack as well.

Camp Nou id is 002....in order to fix the red bug just delete the folder \common\bg\model\bg\stadium\st002\etc
And if you want to remove the flickering lines, delete every line_alp.dds & line_alp2.dds in every stadium folder inside \common\bg\model\bg\pitch\st00X\texture

That's it.

Coming at this from the perspective of someone who has only ever used automated patch installations, etc., is there one reliable, simple walkthrough of how to get my PES17 to a state in whih it has kits, names and transfers correct? That's all I'm really bothered by for now.

Back
Top Bottom