PES 2017 - PC Version Discussion Thread

I'm sorry, I have no idea. It's always-online because of Denuvo. If you turn off auto login, in the game settings, I think it'll only create traffic when launching the game (when it's contacting the Denuvo servers for autenthicity check). Hope someone more knowledgeable in this aspect can help you.

FIFA 16 uses denuvo and could be played offline without internet, why does pes have to be online? Or can it be played but without update squad?

FIFA 16 uses denuvo and could be played offline without internet, why does pes have to be online? Or can it be played but without update squad?
It's not possible. I tried launching it in offline mode, it forces you to go online. Let's see, this might come up in FIFA 17 too.

What a shame about this game. Oh well, maybe next year..
I'll stick to PES 16, maybe FIFA 17 if i manage to find time to learn how to mod some things i mod via PES.
Only hope to make me buy PES 17 PC is if jenkey or similar modders make some great mods for PES 17, (eg. stadiumserver), otherwise meh.

The game is always online yes, i've read that in some steam reviews too.

I have the same problem as someone has written. When i have full screen its like shuttering, laggs. When i set to windowed mode its ok, ultra fast. Why? Pc i powerfull, card AMD.

It's not possible. I tried launching it in offline mode, it forces you to go online. Let's see, this might come up in FIFA 17 too.

Fifa 16 could be played with Origin set offline so not sure why it'd change, hopefully not anyway ;)

I have the same problem as someone has written. When i have full screen its like shuttering, laggs. When i set to windowed mode its ok, ultra fast. Why? Pc i powerfull, card AMD.

Fullscreen in PES isn't really fullscreen it's borderless windowed by the look of it, just the usual incompetent PC development.

So the CPU shooting is still broken. What other things are unchanged?
Have not seen a CPU shot higher than 2-3 feet off the ground. Have not seen any driven shots, or shots from distance. No volleys, no high kicks, no nothing. All CPU shots are once again mostly all soft tappers along the ground from inside the box, aimed towards the far posts. So yes, I am saying the CPU shooting issue from 15 and 16 has not been fixed. But don't take my word, download the demo and see for yourself.

Think about this: in 3 years of playing this game, I have not seen ONE CPU shot from distance. And I have not seen one CPU shot go screaming high, over the crossbar. Why? Because the CPU always takes weak half-effort shots that never manage to go any higher than a couple of feet in the air. The CPU never shoots for the high corners, I have never seen that once, never seen my GK have to make a high leaping save. Any lunging save effort by my GK is ALWAYS a dive to stop a CPU shot that is headed for the far lower corner. This is 3 years of this now. This is the equivalent of EA releasing a Madden game for 3 years in a row where the CPU only ever scores TDs via 2-yard off-tackle dives.

Last edited:

It's possible to play offline. Just take the cable of internet out of pc (or disconnect WIFI), that's the tric.
Its says: Please connect to internet, but you can play :D

But, i have uninstalled my PES already. Playing since 12.00 (dutch time), it is now almost seven o clock. The first games i was thinking, this is genius. Three matches in a row stayed 0-0, because of my briljant keepers. But then i closed steam and reopened again. The vibe was gone. It was struggling, it was ugly, it was iceskating instead of running. I think PC is not PS4 or i am pity for those who buy PES for PS4 and payed the full price.
Yesterday i was a fan of Konami, but after today? No, i am not.

Fifa 16 could be played with Origin set offline so not sure why it'd change, hopefully not anyway ;)

Because Denuvo doesn't want to allow not even those who payed for activations to play the game. It is constantly updating, it's the most cancerous threat to gaming in recent years.

It's possible to play offline. Just take the cable of internet out of pc (or disconnect WIFI), that's the tric.
Its says: Please connect to internet, but you can play :D

I did not know that! Anyway, today was weird, after I successfully apply the roster update, I couldn't connect to their servers for the rest of the day.

I must say after having quite alot of fun with pes 2016, issues aside, I thought it was a really good game. Now, having installed and currently playing pes 2017, this game is brilliant. Like real football the ref calls fouls on many barges, cpu does infact shoot from far out quite often, and the individuality and fluidity is beautiful. Graphics suck though big time. The players are so detailed on replays but without the bells and whistle of shaders and the shocking grass I can see how this is a massive turn off, and loss of sales, for Konami as in the current gen things should look sweet as f**k. Not washed out and basically crippled.

Can you uninstal it later and try another patch with no affect/problem? Is there any reshade/ sweet fx working?

Yes Reshade works fine, tested with this one: https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/4447/

Colours are a bit iffy but mostly an improvement already IMO:
qEIANXY.jpg

A6Ah2p0.jpg

H3nSAjR.jpg

6g6EHhA.jpg

75t4d9d.jpg

FDanDt3.jpg

At least the grass actually looks green!

Denuvo doesn't have anything to do with the requirement of being online. MGS5 also uses Denuvo, but you can play it without an internet connection if you want to. God only knows why it's different for PES.

Denuvo doesn't have anything to do with the requirement of being online. MGS5 also uses Denuvo, but you can play it without an internet connection if you want to. God only knows why it's different for PES.
It's just that MGS was released a year ago, and Denuvo has evolved since then.
Why the game should be downloading something from the network if you are playing against CPU?
For the hundredth time, you need to connect to Denuvo servers for authentication checks each time you launch the game.

Back
Top Bottom