PES 2017 - PC Version Discussion Thread

Yep i'm using the X1 wireless controller with PES 2017 and also works fine under windows 10 insider preview edition.

OK I think I've sorted this now. I ended up downloading the 2014 version of the driver (6.2.11059.0 win 7/8) and looks like all the button mappings are sorted when selecting controller in settings.exe. Its still DirectInput for me though.

This problem was posted on another forum and everyone there was saying that it's caused by server maintenance.

All sorted now thanks, transfers updated, no bloody Adam Reach in the Wednesday, sorry South Yorkshire Blues, squad, can't believe the game has such small squad size limits, this an 8bit game? Had to release a player on a free and then find Adam Reach in the free transfers.

Maybe you are right when you emphasize on some graphical parts, like the pitch and the crowd, but for the rest the game is the same al on PS4. That's why I am very happy with the game.

Visually almost all areas are lesser than PS4, and it's not just visuals, we're only just scratching the surface of what's lesser on the PC version, from stadiums, to celebrations and other stuff.

Apart from that, maybe Konami wanted also to sell to people who do not have a power-PC.
This way the game-specs are not too havey for smaller PC's.

That's where something called game settings come in, where you choose the resolution and set various graphical options like most modern, professionally developed games have.

Alright, so none of the cpk files that I tried worked, except for some individual kits. Packs seem to not work, I tried a kit pack, a ball pack and Estarlen's stadium pack.

PES 17 is not quite identical to PES 16 in terms of files structures and so on.

You have to manually add each kit, ball, or stadium and everything works, as some of the config files are changed.

You have to manually add each kit, ball, or stadium and everything works, as some of the config files are changed.
Interesting! So that means that packs need to be restructured? Or have they now become obsolete? :CONFUSE:

Can't be doing with all the messed up kits and team names right now! Think I'm gonna edit one 2nd div league I never use like Spanish or something to fix the names then start an ML with the default players, old school PES! Hopefully later today there'll be some basic option files to fix the names/kits.

Can you post your Dpfilelist.bin ? (Just adding .cpk)

Or are you editing another way ?

Thanks !

In the meantime , will keep trying to get it working.

I bought the physical boxed version of the game, but it requires me to download 4,8 GB of the game and with my sh*tty Internet connection it will take many hours! Why the hell the disc contains only 13 MB of data:CURSE: instead of full game as it was last year???

how is it going now with the cpk? Can I use them from PES 2016 in PES 2017 the same with a DpFileListGenerator if there is already one for PES 2017?
In Pes 2016 I have been using only cpk files, no complete patch or pack. Would like to do the same in PES 2017.

Thanks. If I select XInput, my Xbox One controller isn't displayed in the drop down. Neither is my wireless Xbox 360 controller (which I'm using for PES). I only see controllers listed when DirectInput is selected.

I'll try downloading the drivers. Would have thought the controller would work on Win 10 without having to manually install drivers.

That's the normal behaviour (I mean the fact that it appears greyed out), you should be selecting Xinput when playing with an Xbox controller not Direct Input (older controller protocol). You will be able to change the buttons mapping directly in the game.

how is it going now with the cpk? Can I use them from PES 2016 in PES 2017 the same with a DpFileListGenerator if there is already one for PES 2017?
In Pes 2016 I have been using only cpk files, no complete patch or pack. Would like to do the same in PES 2017.

I tried with and without Baris DpfilelistGenerator, didnt work like it does with Pes 2016.

I checked the file structure of the .cpk and it looks the same. Not sure as yet why adding .cpk files is not working.

Hopefully joker5 can enlighten us. : )

Interesting! So that means that packs need to be restructured? Or have they now become obsolete? :CONFUSE:

All the packs and cpk files need to be retrustructered properly. That would be easy I guess.

Can you post your Dpfilelist.bin ? (Just adding .cpk)

Or are you editing another way ?

Thanks !

In the meantime , will keep trying to get it working.

I just imported some faces, kit textures, ball textures in the original CPK Files.
I haven't touched the DpFilelist yet, I'm still waiting for proper tools compatible with PES 2017.

We still have to wait for the full file list and more details about the DB and config Files for Kits, Balls or any other editable thing.

That's the way I see things atm. Isn't it logic ?
I know it's harsh to play PES 2017 with all those unlincensed teams, but patches will show up soon, wtf it's only a day since the game got released. :D

All the packs and cpk files need to be retrustructered properly. That would be easy I guess.

I just imported some faces, kit textures, ball textures in the original CPK Files.
I haven't touched the DpFilelist yet, I'm still waiting for proper tools compatible with PES 2017.

We still have to wait for the full file list and more details about the DB and config Files for Kits, Balls or any other editable thing.

That's the way I see things atm. Isn't it logic ?
I know it's harsh to play PES 2017 with all those unlincensed teams, but patches will show up soon, wtf it's only a day since the game got released. :D

I was going to do that next if Dpfilelist not working, cool good work !

Looks like that is the only way for now. :)

It's really good. Player individuality...was struggling a bit playing as United, kept breaking down at the edge of the box. Brought Mata infield and he's a bloody maestro in the game, can run the show unlike Rooney who couldn't turn.

Too realistic.

As stated, you just have to wait a bit. Patches and tools will show up.
PES 2016 and PES 2017 may look alike but these aren't identical games.

Everything is compatible from faces, kits or balls to stadium but needs to imported and retructered again for PES 2017.
But that's the beauty, that this game can be moded, and this is the way to turn it into an amazing game !

I was going to do that next if Dpfilelist not working, cool good work !

Looks like that is the only way for now. :)

Sorry for my ignorance, what do you mean by restructured? Is there a different folder system inside the cpk files this year or do they just need to be rebuild the cpk file(s) using the cpk tool and then they will work?
I tried adding some of my cpk files from 2016 & used a 2016 DPfilelist as well but depending on which cpk's I used, the game either crashed after the Konami screen or loaded fine but none of the things in the cpk were applied.

I saw earlier that somebody correctly applied Messi's 2016 modded face so it must be possible to get them working, I am just not sure how right now. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I was the one who applied Messi's face. So yeah, I can confirm, PES 2016 Faces work perfectly in PES 2017 Game. But these the only proper examples of this as the faces are solely builded as a cpk file.

But you cannot just expect a PES 2016 CPK with kits to work in PES 2017. PES 2017 has different config files for kits, or balls or stadiums. That is what I am trying to say.

Those config files, the .bin files cannot be identical for now. That's the main reason why your game crashes.

Re: PES 2017 News & Discussion Thread

It called a serious game

Plus amazing online

Plus next gen

Plus Denuvo

Plus frostbite engine on PC day one!!

Again KONAMI:

latest

Damn, laughing out loud at that. Scathing truth is funny that way. I'm downloading the demo right now, after an hour of testing we'll see if in fact Konami has managed to fix the broken CPU shooting from 15 and 16... where every CPU shot is aimed at the far corner and only ever lifts 8 inches off the turf.

EDIT: First CPU shot... soft dribbler rolling along the carpet, wide of post. Uh-huh. First CPU goal... soft shot to the far corner, 2 feet off the turf. Oh yeah.

Second CPU goal... dribbling tap-in that rolls along the grass into the other far corner.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom