PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Its a joke???? Really?

No, Its not a demo aimed at being a hardcore simulation or slowed down, heavily on rails and in 8 directions like on the PS2. Its meant to be fun, to appeal to as many people as possible. Konami have deliberately toned certain sim aspects down for this demo.

Its no perfect obviously, the dribbling/responsiveness is still behind PES 2013 and there is a few problems, important i see that this game comfortably does enough and has enough about it to provide a sim for us hardcore.

Overall its a good, enjoyable game from the few hours i spent playing.

I've dished out my first injury. And got booked...Nice.. But not pissing on their chips we should have had this 2-3 yrs ago. It's better than 2015 but then it should be.. This French team are a bunch of wusses going down like sacks of shit. 3 injured so far.

Last edited:
Turn down the "condition" of the CPU team, it makes all the difference...(for those who have only seen CPU perfect passing.......)

Has anyone been booked yet, i'm been chopping them down like a mad axe and haven't had one booking yet.
My Chiellini tackled Totti from behind when he was 1 on 1 with the keeper but was only yellow carded.

Also in another game, AI fouled me 4 times and Lewandowski was injured so that's that.

Just got to work and checked my Xbox One smartglass app - the PES demo showed up as coming soon but let me select it to start downloading. Not sure if it's being released later on the store or means it's already out. Maybe the coming soon was for the full game.

So it's 7-10 mins matches like 2015 demo. I'm sure Adam said 10 min halves in the interview with Asim...Konami still don't know what a half length is vs a match length lol.

Also noticed when u use manual shooting, long range shooting becomes more stat driven, I verified that quite a few times using different players, player that stands out so far for me is totti, he has been the most consistent for me shooting the ball on target from a distance compare me to others so far, later on in going in deep to see who has the long range card and see if there's consistency, all I need now is a deep ML and il be hooked all year.

Has anyone here watched my Livestream ?

I know there were 13 people watching almost 5 hours of gameplay.

I was embarrassed by many games the CPU raped me,'but I was starting to get better and better in my latest matchs tonight, I no longer loose by 3-0, I sometimes get a draw, sometime win or loose by just one goal (some of them unlucky)

I have my ass handed to me on a plate on Manual Superstar.

Been battered.

Best I managed was a 2-2 draw with Palmeiras vs Corinthians.

Early days but the game seems nice, promising. Seems as if this demo is setup to be fast and fun. Find the usual negative people here who seemed to have thought that the demo would give them some sort of hardcore simulation, or had been slowed heavily down.

The AI are cheating btw in that they can switch to 'Defensive' setups when winning but you cant? Where the 'Defensive' tactic from last year?

Last years demo was rather more to the fun/arcade side and then in the full game they gave it some good tweaks to give a simulation factor to it which wasn't present in the demo. I can see the full game being better and providing more of a realistic aspect.
To change the setting on the fly go to

Game plan

Switch preset tactics On

Choose manually

The first option can be toggled up/down to set the attacking/defensive instructions for Offense, Defense, and Custom

to change it in-game you press up/down on the d-pad

I played one game. There were plenty of fouls. U guys play too soft Lolol

That doesn't account for the lack of fouls by the CPU. I'd wager there's only a slight correlation between user input and fouls committed against the user. Sure, you can position yourself in a manner that would be conducive to drawing a foul, but this isn't as effective as it was in say, PES 5. I've played 7-8 matches today and have yet to be fouled with a standing tackle or just a collision based contact. I've been bumped off the ball, obstructed, knocked over on countless occasions, but the referee never gives them.

Just played my first match against human. Very early impressions:

- The pace is top notch
- Control responsiveness is lag 0.
- Ball physic is amazing
- Keepers reacts very well. They play their life on every ball

It was a mix between ISS Deluxe, PES 6 and 2015

Are you saying there is still hope to fix the perfection passing by CPU? They really need to address it on the final build.
If people really think theres such a thing as 'E3' build, 'gamescom' build, 'final' build 60%, 80%, 95% etc then they are really naive. Core gameplay mechanics are not things you can 'switch' on and off as you please... this is source code and its intertwined together and has been developed and tested vigoriously. . You dont just 'switch' things off for the 'final build'.
Pes16 could very well be a results of years of tweaking the same game since 2010 for example.. the same thing with fifa16.
someone said konami toned down sim aspects deliberately! There is no such a thing. Its not like in the source code they have parameters to set to make the game more sim or more acardey whenever they like. The game is what it is.. and konami believe its the best they can offer right now hence the demo.

Last edited:
I've played over 30 games now, and despite a few little niggles, this game reminds me a lot of the old days only if you play it on superstar and manual passing and shooting. I've never smashed a demo this much and still loving it, seriously it's fkn awesome, superstar for me is a real challenge on manual even tho I'm struggling, I'm loving it more and more, it's gonna be a tough 4 weeks till release now, one thing I hope Konami can sort out come release, when a defender is running back to get the ball and an attacker is chasing, for some reason my defender slows down just before he gets it and allows the attacker at times to benefit, lami are you able to message Adam to rectify that problem. One more thing on manual not every player can mule the ball from long range., a lot of those earlier videos were misleading not easy to create constant space for a long range shot too, It's these moments for me that gives me satisfaction.

Last edited:
After playing a few, so far my experience is positive. Physicality is really nice and improved especially players fighting for the ball. I like the low hard shots bouncing under the keeper's hand. Had a nice knee knock-on after receiving the ball from a long ball that looked very realistic. Also loving the sliding tackles, looks good when players try pinching the ball slickly. I'm also not finding this arcade. It plays just about right for me. I play on manual everything except shooting, for now. So far I've only tried Regular difficulty to get used to the game's mechanics. Also emotion is always OFF for me. Ball physics are nice too with the ball bouncing more with a little more weight to it. Defending look improved to me so far too and thankfully haven't had a single defending blunder yet. I'll need to tinker more with the tactics to see what effect they have. Keepers are improved from 2015 too. They're a bit better on 1-1s. Still floaty at times when diving though, and would prefer they parry the ball away from goal to the sides more often. Wouldn't mind if that was GK stat based, as in the lesser the GK's stat the more errors he makes.

Main gripes are lack of fouls, which is obvious to everyone, and the kicking animation whether passing, crossing or shooting. Players hardly lift their foot and the ball is sent flying. Seeing more toe pokes as well. Not quite sure how to describe this, but the kicking animation looks more like the player is dragging the ball forward instead of lifting back for the proper kick animation. Both these together remind me of Fifa 07's kicking mechanics. I really hope they fix this for full release. And I dislike the PES ball :P

Still a lot more to discover!

Nothing heared so far from player stamina. Has that changed?
The level is always easier on friendly mode. Just see how it is in off line modes like Master League or so.

Stamina is much better now :)

Some players end on a green bar still while others are out at the 60th minute.

Old PES trick. Dont know what it is in the coding but first few games seem forgiving.

Upset about the lack of fouls and AI pass accuracy - how Konami could overlook this flaw is a bit of a shocker

Yep lack of fouls is so obvious. CPU players keep trying to hack me but my players get hit and try avoiding with a little lift. That should still count as a foul and advantage given.

I've played over 30 games now, and despite a few little niggles, this game reminds me a lot of the old days only if you play it on superstar and manual passing and shooting. I've never smashed a demo this much and still loving it, seriously it's fkn awesome, superstar for me is a real challenge on manual even tho I'm struggling, I'm loving it more and more, it's gonna be a tough 4 weeks till release now, one thing I hope Konami can sort out come release, when a defender is running back to get the ball and an attacker is chasing, for some reason my defender slows down just before he gets it and allows the attacker at times to benefit, lami are you able to message Adam to rectify that problem. One more thing on manual not every player can mule the ball from long range., a lot of those earlier videos were misleading not easy to create constant space for a long range shot too, It's these moments for me that gives me satisfaction.

I'll open a thread 2 weeks in to collate evo-web's demo experiences and forward them to Adam :)

You guys can obviously feel free to tweet him too so don't forget that option exists.

No idea how to do that and apart from that, I leave home shortly.
Sorry.
You should be able to download it yourself right now.

I'm not a Gold member, and not want to spend 10 euros for a demo

it would be very happy if someone would put the Xbox 1 demo in here

Back
Top Bottom