PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Has anyone tried playing 1v1 with a mate?

Don't expect the game to be that great versus the AI... it has been terrible to play against for years.

I noticed that the default passing setting was one "click" away from manual, which I thought was quite good (and I hope that means online play will use that as the default setting).

I tried it with that setting, and then on manual. It doesn't change how the AI plays though, unfortunately. High pressure, ping-pong psychic passes, getting away with fouls, but still too easy to beat, all teams playing the same way.

Again, responsiveness is great, but I'm not having fun playing it. Online it might be great, but not realistic, judging from how the game seems to reward you if you pass the same way the CPU does.

I think a lot of people will love it, and I'm happy about that, honestly. But it's absolutely not for me. They've changed the direction of the series, I think, and it's not what I always wished it would be. But different strokes and all that!
Cpu do misplace passes. Be aggressive in defending whilst being aware of your position.. depends on how you position your players... I was able to intercept a lot of cpu passes, in fact I'm doing it right now.

Has anyone tried playing 1v1 with a mate?

Don't expect the game to be that great versus the AI... it has been terrible to play against for years.
Yep - it's fun, undoubtedly, but (to exaggerate horrendously to make the point) it's fun in a Mario Strikers Charged way. Exciting, yes, and it does bring back memories of the old PES games, which is genuinely great in its own way - but it shows what they're aiming for now, and it's the opposite direction to PES 2013, for example. It's mile-a-minute, non-stop frenzied football with psychic robot players.

Again, I can see the appeal, I'm no fanboy and certainly no troll, I've been here long enough for people to know (and the only reason I'm still here is to celebrate the day when it becomes the king again and wins my heart back). It's just not for me.

wife went out so downloaded demo. Maybe its my age (40) but I just feel "meh" when it comes to PES and gaming in general. I think my time gaming is up.

Years ago id be up all night playing it but tonight 2 and half games in I turned it off.

It looks great but I think my lifestyles changed too much to play games these days.

If my daughter didnt play Disney infinity on PS4 id probably get rid it.

Not sure whether to buy full game or not. Didnt enjoy the last few PES's and have hardly played PES15

All things come to and end!!

wow I think I may just chuck myself off the nearest bridge

wife went out so downloaded demo. Maybe its my age (40) but I just feel "meh" when it comes to PES and gaming in general. I think my time gaming is up.

Years ago id be up all night playing it but tonight 2 and half games in I turned it off.

It looks great but I think my lifestyles changed too much to play games these days.

Not sure whether to buy full game or not. Didnt enjoy the last few PES's and have hardly played PES15

What you (and many millions) have experienced is being experienced right now with the younger generation. the feeling will probably come back when a revolutionary football game comes out, but I doubt it will ever happen.

Cpu do misplace passes. Be aggressive in defending whilst being aware of your position.. depends on how you position your players... I was able to intercept a lot of cpu passes, in fact I'm doing it right now.
How can you intercept when they string first-time passes together, at lightning speed, all over the pitch?!

Maybe I need to play in the rain, on a slower pitch...

Great post.

I think there are a huge amount of people around who should take note of what you have said here.

As we get older and change as a person, your needs and wants change and sometimes you have to consider if you have literally grown out of certain practices after a certain length of time.

I starting to notice now i enjoy watching videos more than actually playing games.

I feel shooting is way to easy in my opinion. The goals I get and shoot are ridiculous at times. Also Rocket-like low shots should be way harder to pull of.
Spectacular goals happen way to often I am afraid to say.

One minor thing are the nets, every ball bounces out of goal way too much.

I love the physicality and the collision system. It makes the game way more realsitic. Even though the ref isn't on par with it. Many fouls are not given. It would make you play way more realistic and force you to drasticly change your playstyle if the ref would call more fouls.

Overall I am kinda not sure if I love it or not.

How can you intercept when they string first-time passes together, at lightning speed, all over the pitch?!

Maybe I need to play in the rain, on a slower pitch...
Yeah they do string such passes too often. But the way I see it they do it on their half of the pitch only.. When they reach your half don't jockey and wait too long before making a move. Be aggressive, try tackles, perform super cancel to shove the opposition players, call second defender n place them between whilst controlling one player.. You can pressurise them ;):cool:

some fun with the new collision system
oHvI1by.jpg

wow I think I may just chuck myself off the nearest bridge

One day this will happen to you!

Last year I bought both pes and FIFA but never played more than 4 games in a row. Halfway through 3rd game it felt like a chore.

I loved ISS and Pes 1-2008 but since then I'd probably bought it out of loyalty rather than really wanting to play.

Every year for past 5 years I've flitted between pes and FIFA - something I'd never done from ISS to pes 2009 - coz neither game gives me real enjoyment.

I think my ps4 is thing I've bought I most regretted. It just does nothing for me bar gather dust

for me this is the best pes in series. I played on -2 speed, in the beggining its strange but after while you get used to it becouse for my taste default speed is unrealistic and more arcade. top player and 10 minute halfs. everything is good, a lot of variety, in attack and defense. cpu made 2 low croses who resulted with goal(cpu brasil - me france). i was amazed of ai when playing against palmeiras, they have very slow build up and then one killer ball to the wings and they start to confuse my defence :) visually game look good too, i love the turf, finaly looks like real turf, playing on rain at evening is real joy. I don't know if someone noticed that players cannot sprint with same speed for about 40 meters? stamina system works awesome :) if i have to point some bug that will be that sometimes player stop sprinting before they reach the ball, but maybe it's just me...

Last edited:
Yep - it's fun, undoubtedly, but (to exaggerate horrendously to make the point) it's fun in a Mario Strikers Charged way. Exciting, yes, and it does bring back memories of the old PES games, which is genuinely great in its own way - but it shows what they're aiming for now, and it's the opposite direction to PES 2013, for example. It's mile-a-minute, non-stop frenzied football with psychic robot players.

Again, I can see the appeal, I'm no fanboy and certainly no troll, I've been here long enough for people to know (and the only reason I'm still here is to celebrate the day when it becomes the king again and wins my heart back). It's just not for me.

I honestly think if it tried too hard to simulate football it would be frustrating to play. The pace of a 90 minute game squeezed in to 15 minutes is extremely hard to replicate, its got to feel fast to do just that, otherwise each game will be lasting for 30-60 minutes to match a realistic game.

I for one am glad its not replicating to the extent of a full blown out simulation, I have a job & family so could not invest the amount of time to master a game to replicate what you would like.

FIFA is frustratingly scripted trying to simulate and is why I packed in buying it. PES 15 held my attention for nearly a year even though it had a whole host of problems.

I hope FIFA get it right for you Chris but I highly doubt it (IMO)

Just played two games on manual passing. Lost both games 0:2 and 0:3 but thoroughly enjoyed the game. I know I'm not good at manual passing. Only started trying this in PES2015 like 2 days ago. But for people complaining the game being too easy, I suggest you give a try for manual.

I must be crap at this game because in no other PES demo I struggled that much to beat superstar playing on manual.

Teams like Brazil and Bayern pressure very hard, and the final third can be very tight, hard to fight spaces. Mosg of my attacking plays were crossing balls, and I have to get used with crossing with manual.
Playing against Juventud to olay against Brazil or Bayern, I like that.

One thing I dont like tho is some of the quick passes from Bayern that seem hard to defend at times, and theres one crossing play from AI that felt a bit...scripted. :JAY:

Cpu passes do feel a big too accurate and ping pong at times, and no doubt the other major problem is the lack of fouls, but overall I enjoyed a log even tho I got humalited by cpu and won few ones by one goal only.

I played 5h straight and I hope you e joyed the livestream gamepmay.

One day this will happen to you!

Last year I bought both pes and FIFA but never played more than 4 games in a row. Halfway through 3rd game it felt like a chore.

I loved ISS and Pes 1-2008 but since then I'd probably bought it out of loyalty rather than really wanting to play.

Every year for past 5 years I've flitted between pes and FIFA - something I'd never done from ISS to pes 2009 - coz neither game gives me real enjoyment.

I think my ps4 is thing I've bought I most regretted. It just does nothing for me bar gather dust

I'm 43 and feel a country mile away from how you feel, but honestly hope you can get the mojo back, seems a shame to miss out on some great games.

just watched that twitch link posted above please tell me someone saw that griezmann goal...what a pile of shit still after all these years of hoping

some nice bits here and there. like a backheel attempt on shooting by Marchisio, like Morata puting his head to the ball forwarded to him to get away with it. nice interceptions by Pogba.

it feels much more like a finished product than 2015

I'm 43 and feel a country mile away from how you feel, but honestly hope you can get the mojo back, seems a shame to miss out on some great games.

THIS.

34 here, and i play sacredly every single week with my 3 mates a PES tournament with bet, food and beers since 2002 and i can't leave it. (every year every single PES version good or bad)

PES nights are for me like Poker night was for my father and it's my anesthesia of the week.

THIS.

34 here, and i play sacredly every single week with my 3 mates a PES tournament with bet, food and beers since 2002 and i can't leave it. (every year every single PES version good or bad)

PES nights are for me like Poker night was for my father and it's my anesthesia of the week.

My Dad died when I was 25:CRY: it's one of the reasons I refuse to grow up..............life is for enjoyment (within reason)and far too short......Games will always have many flaws but so did Space Invaders and I adored that game.

Yes PES nights, such a ball!! we meet less nowadays but still have a great time.

I can see Steelhorse's point. I am in my late 30s and gaming has taken a backseat for me.

I don't get excited as much as I used to and at the same time, I don't get too down if a game I once loved doesn't deliver.

I find that it's best not to take gaming seriously at all and just enjoy it for what it is - if PES 2016 was available when I was in my teens I would have been very excited by it.

Life first, gaming second.

This is a joy to play though.

What a game.

I love love love all the new touches and animations. Brings the game to life. It feels much more responsive, so I feel confident on the ball but very aware that I need to be deliberate in my touches if I want to do anything positive with the ball.
Keepers.. I cant believe it but they're not totally fucking useless! Son stunning saves and parries in my first match. One where the keeper went left, then dived right pushing the ball onto the post.. And then he snapped up to his feet aware of the danger and leaped on it.

Another cool touch I had was ribery was running, got tripped and as he fell I pressed lob and he fell to the ground and still kicked the ball! It just felt so right and real

I'm very very impressed by this. Now I just hope the rest of the game had the same TLC that the pitch side has.

Game on!

Stop judging the game after a handful of games ffs. Let your brains accustom to it first. It probably still sucks but you make it suck even more. You're probably all mediocre players too. If you're a good player game gets better too because it means you invested time in it and learned its dynamics. The question actually is not if it sucks (which it most likely does), but if you can play it decently and tweak it to your liking as much as possibl.

Last edited:
Bloody hell if game debs read forums all the time gaming would be dead and they would likely kill themselves as well!!

Demo is great and while I can see a few little issues people might have the amount of moaning and nit picking is ridiculous.
Compared to pes 15 the demo is already streets ahead and still is not the finished game

Can't wait for full game and option files

You will be a day older though ye old fart :D

In all seriousness I get what you are saying career and family life also getting in the way of good game time these days but still love PES when I get the chance. Also really really enjoyed MGS Ground Zeroes over the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom