PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

wow my best result was so far a 1-0 loss, all the others are 2-0, 3-0, 4-0, 5-0

i played Bayern-Juve (Juve away, assist level1), Brasil - France (Brasil home, assist level Off). so home and away stance doesnt matter.

im starting to think that this game is meant to be played on manual, since all the team mates do so much assist runs, moves, even the player who you pass to that its nothing like last year's manual, or FIFA's manual. give it a go and leave shooting on basic ;)

R2 is FIXED! and it feels like a PES game again finally :CRY: :)

ps i play with player emotion OFF. the AI is routhless

Last edited:
I am 34 and i am happy to see many of you guys are above 30 :D
maybe you like my classic edition on pes which is my favorite part of pes ...
making 1986-2000 kits and players that were my childhood heroes ... like Gullit, Van basten, Romario, Maradona, Brasil 94, Italy 94, Argentina 86, etc :D

i played Bayern-Juve (Juve away, assist level1), Brasil - France (Brasil home, assist level Off). so home and away stance doesnt matter.

im starting to think that this game is meant to be played on manual, since all the team mates do so much assist runs, moves, even the player who you pass to that its nothing like last year's manual, or FIFA's manual. give it a go and leave shooting on basic ;)

Going to give fully manual a go now,.

76th minute. yes im still struggling to control the game so mainly i defending and yes Lewandowski doesnt do jack

or0xt2W.jpg

juhu00[2];3067730 said:
Can't stop playing the demo. This is a very good sign.

I am really pissed I have to go to bed now.

Same, the game isn't easy on superstar manual, I love it and am hooked, usually I play 3-4 games on a demo and am usually over it waiting for the final game, played over 10'matches so far used all the teams copt a 7-0 hiding using Corinthians against bayern, loved it tho, and you can tell the difference between the great and lesser players especially on manual, this is going to be a very special game this year.

IMPORTANT FOR THOSE FRUSTRATED WITH THE CPU PING PONG PASSING:- For those seeing only CPU passing pinging around flawlessly where the AI keep the ball with too many passing triangles.............set the team condition for the CPU team to the mauve downward arrow rather than any of the other settings.........I've set both teams to this and set the assists to allow me to control only the 1 player on my team to almost have a CPU vs CPU game to watch (albeit still controlling the 1 player), and I am witnessing the most organic experience ever, some flawless passing still at times but plenty of mistakes, organic tackle collision battles, CPU tricks to beat the opponent which are all happening in the context of the situation in the game, tricks that come off, tricks that fail.

Amazing demo..........and this coming from someone who loves to simply watch CPU vs CPU rather than play myself against the CPU, to see how realistically and technical the CPU AI is in terms of team organics, tactics, and skill-moves attempted (for skill-moves, I am obsessed with them eventually having real ball physics applied to them in PES and FIFA, PES being already there I think now, in terms of organically different outcomes each time they are attempted)

Brilliant........but like I said above, I also see too much ping pong CPU perfect passing if the team conditions are set to anything other than "mauve pointing downwards".

This is truly special..........

Last edited:
I'm not ready, don't have a PS4 yet!

Don't see the demo in the PS3 store. I would like to know if they have made any significant changes to that version.

What a sad day for the old PES fans.

Had big hopes. This is just a patched PES 2015. Sure better response times, new collision system and thats it. Its still a poor game.

IMPORTANT FOR THOSE FRUSTRATED WITH THE CPU PING PONG PASSING:- For those seeing only CPU passing pinging around flawlessly where the AI keep the ball with too many passing triangles.............set the team condition for the CPU team to the mauve downward arrow rather than any of the other settings.........I've set both teams to this and set the assists to allow me to control only the 1 player on my team to almost have a CPU vs CPU game to watch (albeit still controlling the 1 player), and I am witnessing the most organic experience ever, some flawless passing still at times but plenty of mistakes, organic tackle collision battles, CPU tricks to beat the opponent which are all happening in the context of the situation in the game, tricks that come off, tricks that fail.

Amazing demo..........and this coming from someone who loves to simply watch CPU vs CPU rather than play myself against the CPU, to see how realistically and technical the CPU AI is in terms of team organics, tactics, and skill-moves attempted (for skill-moves, I am obsessed with them eventually having real ball physics applied to them in PES and FIFA, PES being already there I think now, in terms of organically different outcomes each time they are attempted)

Brilliant........but like I said above, I also see too much ping pong CPU perfect passing if the team conditions are set to anything other than "mauve pointing downwards".

This is truly special..........

Are you saying there is still hope to fix the perfection passing by CPU? They really need to address it on the final build.

Yep - it's fun, undoubtedly, but (to exaggerate horrendously to make the point) it's fun in a Mario Strikers Charged way. Exciting, yes, and it does bring back memories of the old PES games, which is genuinely great in its own way - but it shows what they're aiming for now, and it's the opposite direction to PES 2013, for example. It's mile-a-minute, non-stop frenzied football with psychic robot players.

Again, I can see the appeal, I'm no fanboy and certainly no troll, I've been here long enough for people to know (and the only reason I'm still here is to celebrate the day when it becomes the king again and wins my heart back). It's just not for me.

Buddy, try playing Corinthians vs palmerias, on superstar manual, reminds me strongly of the great old pes days, I didn't notice the Ai with there laser guided passing, give it a go mate, it's seriously amazing.

Guys please don't compare this game to the old PS2 PES.

It's an insult to those magic days.

Call it Fox Engine Soccer. This game is a FIFA travesty. All the same skills, the ping pong passing, the op lob passes, the terrible offline AI, no variety in passing and shooting, oh and 180° blind passing... The list goes on.

And the op R2 finess shot is still in.

Its behind me how can they release this demo ao early. They are killing the hype for many people.

Last edited:
What a sad day for the old PES fans.

Had big hopes. This is just a patched PES 2015. Sure better response times, new collision system and thats it. Its still a poor game.
Not feeling or seeing what you are seeing pal, but nevermind. Excellent demo.

Good to see keepers can sometimes misjudge corners now, keeper misread the corner and mistimed his punch and related to a goal, good stuff.

ill take it back, R2 is still overpowered, not as much like last year but with a top player its a bit cheating to use that shot, goal from anywhere in 20-25 meters. just pull the left stick all the way and load the power bar almost fully = goal

Adam mentioned in Asim's E3 interview that the audiance considered the R2 shooting week then....seems like so many R2 exploiters in the press these days. wow

Last edited:
ill take it back, R2 is still overpowered, not as much like last year but with a top player its a bit cheating to use that shot, goal from anywhere in 20-25 meters

In the box I one on one I agree. Outside i'v only scored 1 in alot of shots (Manual Shooting).

I have my ass handed to me on a plate on Manual Superstar.

Been battered.

Best I managed was a 2-2 draw with Palmeiras vs Corinthians.

Early days but the game seems nice, promising. Seems as if this demo is setup to be fast and fun. Find the usual negative people here who seemed to have thought that the demo would give them some sort of hardcore simulation, or had been slowed heavily down.

The AI are cheating btw in that they can switch to 'Defensive' setups when winning but you cant? Where the 'Defensive' tactic from last year?

Last years demo was rather more to the fun/arcade side and then in the full game they gave it some good tweaks to give a simulation factor to it which wasn't present in the demo. I can see the full game being better and providing more of a realistic aspect.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom