PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Just watching one of the Twitch streamers now ("glennymag").

The CPU on Superstar barely ever takes a touch and never decides to run forward with the ball, it's just magically 100% perfect and instant pings from one player to the next (and the guy I watched play the game was doing pretty much the same thing). Granted, that CPU team was France, but their passing was still far too perfect (as with 2015, the pass success rates look like they'll be 90%+ all the time).

The responsiveness seems much improved, but it looks like the most ping-pongy game of football I've ever seen, and this is the thing I hate most about modern football games. It reeks of "arcade".

I honestly think this is the year that PES starts to truly distance itself from being a football simulation. Even if the gameplay experience is a lot of fun, it won't be football, and there will just be two games on the market that aren't interested in creating a simulation.

I'm just hoping that it's more playable on a lower difficulty level, without being too easy.

Last edited:
Guys I can confirm demo is up, you need to create a New Zealand account, I'm downloading it, 11% atm.

no u don't. just got to that link nz psn store.. log in with your account (used my aussie account), then click try free demo...(all on nz psn website)

then went onto my ps4 and logged in.. the download was in my queue...
mines finished dl.. just played a bit...but gotta head to bed.. damn..
loved the 2 mins I tried.. and yeah you can do most camera angles.. a few you couldn't..but you can do the custom ones.. eg. tinker with height angle and zoom.. will play all tomorrow.

.. ok.. just played bit more before I turned the ps4 off.. wow.. this is amazing.. so responsive.. and the pace on default is amazing.. slower than the youtube clips ive seen..but ball movement fast.. perfect for me :) damn.. wish I could play some more.. 2am my time..gotta sleep

Just watching one of the Twitch streamers now ("glennymag").

The CPU on Superstar barely ever takes a touch and never decides to run forward with the ball, it's just magically 100% perfect and instant pings from one player to the next (and the guy I watched play the game was doing pretty much the same thing). Granted, that CPU team was France, but their passing was still far too perfect (as with 2015, the pass success rates look like they'll be 90%+ all the time).

The responsiveness seems much improved, but it looks like the most ping-pongy game of football I've ever seen, and this is the thing I hate most about modern football games. It reeks of "arcade".

I honestly think this is the year that PES starts to truly distance itself from being a football simulation. Even if the gameplay experience is a lot of fun, it won't be football, and there will just be two games on the market that aren't interested in creating a simulation.

I'm just hoping that it's more playable on a lower difficulty level, without being too easy.

Im thinking about making a live stream gameplay so you guy can judge it.

I think Im going to try manual straight away, and I might set -1 speed as I heard 0 speed is fast.

My internet is not that good so I dont know if the stream would be good

Im going to check my twitch account.

Im thinking about making a live stream gameplay so you guy can judge it.

I think Im going to try manual straight away, and I might set -1 speed as I heard 0 speed is fast.

My internet is not that good so I dont know if the stream would be good

Im going to check my twitch account.
I'd love to see some manual games, and the AI at different levels!

.. ok.. just played bit more before I turned the ps4 off.. wow.. this is amazing.. so responsive.. and the pace on default is amazing.. slower than the youtube clips ive seen..but ball movement fast.. perfect for me :) damn.. wish I could play some more.. 2am my time..gotta sleep

Lucky man. Optus is being bad to me downloading at an average rate of 400kb/s lol :(

Oh, this is a pleasant surprise. Downloading now! I might stream, we'll see. I plan on playing on manual as I do with an y football game. Not with through balls, though. I thought the manual through ball mechanic in 2015 felt completely unnatural. Does anyone know if it's similar this year?

Watching the twich feeds, it seems the AI is incredibly accurate with their passes. In '15 I would get frustrated with their 95% completion. Seems it is still the case. Also saw the AI french player in position to do a cross with 2 teammates there, however, he decided it was better to dribble inside into 2 defenders....

The keepers haven't done anything game breaking so far. the game does seems more responsive, although a bit fast. Ive seen some nice new animations

I guess this is what Im doing at work all day now... watching twitch

Played around 10 matches in Superstar full manual and the scores were:

1-0
2-0
2-0
1-0
4-0
2-0
1-0
1-0
3-0
1-0

The game plays really good. Less laser-guided shots, better defending, better crossing, no delay for 1 touch pass, good a.i movement inside paces.

There are 2 problems however. The major one is that the CPU A.I is weak when it comes to attacking. It's really predictable and they take ages to go to my box. 90% of the time, they would keep possession on their own box. The minor problem is the CPU A.I's passing accuracy. Perfection at most and it doesn't take account of player stats it seems. Other than that, I have no problem of the game.

So after playing few games I really like PES2016. I think it is a step in the right direction. Far from a perfect game, but if they tweak some stuff we could have a very nice footie game :)

PROS

Responsive players
Game speed and game flow are really nice
The ball finally has some weight, you can feel it when passing and specially when shooting ( you will feel when that screamer goes in)
More variety in shooting and passing
Your teammates seem smart, much better AI of your offball players (wingers and midfielders covering when fullbacks go forward)
Physicality - great tackling, duels seem great, headers also
Better defending and covering

CONS

Goalkeepers are really better with much more variety in saving the ball, but in a few games I played they can't seem to hang on to the ball - almost every shot on target is a rebound back to the pitch or a corner
No fouls when playing AI
AI easy to beat

I play mostly online so my main concern are the keepers. If they tweak that and if online isn't laggy I will be very pleased.

So after playing few games I really like PES2016. I think it is a step in the right direction. Far from a perfect game, but if they tweak some stuff we could have a very nice footie game :)

PROS

Responsive players
Game speed and game flow are really nice
The ball finally has some weight, you can feel it when passing and specially when shooting ( you will feel when that screamer goes in)
More variety in shooting and passing
Your teammates seem smart, much better AI of your offball players (wingers and midfielders covering when fullbacks go forward)
Physicality - great tackling, duels seem great, headers also
Better defending and covering

CONS

Goalkeepers are really better with much more variety in saving the ball, but in a few games I played they can't seem to hang on to the ball - almost every shot on target is a rebound back to the pitch or a corner
No fouls when playing AI
AI easy to beat

I play mostly online so my main concern are the keepers. If they tweak that and if online isn't laggy I will be very pleased.

:(

Also I just played a match in rain. Didn't even know it was in the demo. Just fantastic. Easy my favorite weather to play in. Just looks so great.

Forgot to mention. It is too easy, even with just 1 level of pass assistance to ping pong pass. That could be a problem when playing against online abusers.

Back
Top Bottom