PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

PES is still playing catch up so I wouldn't expect a perfect game this time around either but it looks promising in terms of being a fun game to play. The annoying thing with FIFA is that they drip feed improvements each year because their base is already solid. Based on videos only and features announced it looks like (from back here) that KONAMI are working a lot harder than EA Sports to improve the gameplay. If PES looks good on Xbox One I'll get it this year and save FIFA for when I visit my friends house.

PES is still playing catch up so I wouldn't expect a perfect game this time around either but it looks promising in terms of being a fun game to play. The annoying thing with FIFA is that they drip feed improvements each year because their base is already solid. Based on videos only and features announced it looks like (from back here) that KONAMI are working a lot harder than EA Sports to improve the gameplay. If PES looks good on Xbox One I'll get it this year and save FIFA for when I visit my friends house.

And that's the most important point..Fifa has stuck pretty much with the same formula since 2008 and albeit a change of engine there focus has primarily been refinement and adding more layers of detail..already there product is very polished,yet fundamentally it's the same core..

Pes on the other hand hasn't really found a formula or even control scheme that hasn't changed until this year..

This is why I'm positive,because pes15 is right at its core,it just isn't fleshed out enough and in essence it's the bare bones of what it could potentially be.

And that's the most important point..Fifa has stuck pretty much with the same formula since 2008 and albeit a change of engine there focus has primarily been refinement and adding more layers of detail..already there product is very polished,yet fundamentally it's the same core..

Pes on the other hand hasn't really found a formula or even control scheme that hasn't changed until this year..

This is why I'm positive,because pes15 is right at its core,it just isn't fleshed out enough and in essence it's the bare bones of what it could potentially be.

I think the bare bones was actually pes14.. that was the new engine etc. I reckon pes14 (particularly) demos, had more frames in its animation transitions than pes2015, hence looking smoother animation wise, but this was probably the main reason 2014 was so unresponsive. The retail version of pes 2014 fixed this to some degree by removing some animation as did a few of the patches. 2015 fixed this further, and for me was really what 2014 should have been. I reckon 2016 is an extension of 2015, further building on what we consider bare bones... but as most have noticed, I think Konami have worked very hard and added quite a lot of improvements this time.. particularly with response times... then there's the added animations, the additions to ai and of course the added functions (eg. celebrations, nets, etc). Anyways, I think Konami has done more than I ever expected this year round...

unlike Konami to delay the release of a demo. I m fully expecting some kind of fuck up which means one from XB1 or PS4 users wont get it for another week

if there is delay in one of the consoles will not be because of Konami

Adam Bhatti ‏@Adam_Bhatti 15 minHace 15 minutos

People asking about demo release time tomorrow - no idea. It's handled by @PlayStation and @Xbox, something we don't control sorry #PES2016

You lucky b@$*@rds. :RANT: At least please share videos and thoughts with us, poor PC people! :LMAO:

Sure I will upload a full match for you PC peasants

Lol Im just kidding...:P

Is it better uploading videos or making live stream gameplay ? I never did the latter, so I dont know if my internet works fine for this.

I was just about to ask if anyone here will stream the demo tomorrow. But I guess anything will do. I'll hold my controller and pretend that I'm playing what I'm watching. :LOL: Anyway, I'd really like to know how will the menus feel and if game plan feels as tidy as it looks. Roll on Aug 13th then...

I'll get the demo on my 360, I just have to dust it off first... I think it's gonna be similar to the PC version, sadly, but hey, a new football game demo.

I think the bare bones was actually pes14.. that was the new engine etc. I reckon pes14 (particularly) demos, had more frames in its animation transitions than pes2015, hence looking smoother animation wise, but this was probably the main reason 2014 was so unresponsive. The retail version of pes 2014 fixed this to some degree by removing some animation as did a few of the patches. 2015 fixed this further, and for me was really what 2014 should have been. I reckon 2016 is an extension of 2015, further building on what we consider bare bones... but as most have noticed, I think Konami have worked very hard and added quite a lot of improvements this time.. particularly with response times... then there's the added animations, the additions to ai and of course the added functions (eg. celebrations, nets, etc). Anyways, I think Konami has done more than I ever expected this year round...

Dude we are singing from the same song sheet..ploughed more then enough hours into pes15 to see the improvements in the videos,although in the main the game via those videos is being played in the most simplistic way..

I really liked pes15 hence why I haven't felt the need to negatively pull the game down.I can see potentially how good pes could be now..I personally don't have to many question marks except in the areas of teammate ai and how dynamically they support me defensively and offensively..areas like crossing,passing,additional layering to animations all seem to be bases that have been covered for me this year..

Fine tuning is what is needed and thats how things are look to be shaping up.

totally agree with Banksy and aussiepesfan

we shouldn't expect a perfect game at 2016 ...
It's already has good improvement, and I like it
of course I expect going forward by same step for 2017, but for 2016 I can accept this level of unsolved issues, and I can enjoy the good aspect of game which are really more than 2015.
for me this is what I saw and see and probably will see!:

2014: just make me hopeful for future, but unplayable, playing fifa that year ...
2015: more hopefulness,a lot of issues, but playable and tolerable, show good potential for future, so I came back to pes after 3.5 years, but sometimes play fifa too (less than pes)
2016: looks really enjoyable, much less issues than 2015 (but of course has some of them but it looks really good game overall) I don't think to need fifa anymore ...
2017: I guess will be: woooow !!! (but still will have a few issues)
2018: I guess will be near to perfection of this generation (at least on the pitch)

so you cannot expect they solve all problems in few years.
some of the perfect games (like: the last of us, uncharted, GTA, ...)
took 4-5 years to complete the process

This seems to be more of an active PES/WE forum than the others which are scattered across the internet so it's a pleasure to register here.

I've been playing the WE and Pro Evolution Soccer games for as long as I can remember but have to admit I haven't enjoyed the game since PES 6.

What do we already know about this? From the videos I've watched, it looks like we could have hell of a game on our hands.

Does the UK demo drop tomorrow? I'm on PS4 by the way.

This seems to be more of an active PES/WE forum than the others which are scattered across the internet so it's a pleasure to register here.

I've been playing the WE and Pro Evolution Soccer games for as long as I can remember but have to admit I haven't enjoyed the game since PES 6.

What do we already know about this? From the videos I've watched, it looks like we could have hell of a game on our hands.

Does the UK demo drop tomorrow? I'm on PS4 by the way.
Welcome. I've played a lot of both games over the years. Preferred FIFA14, then last year I enjoyed PES2015. It however lacked ML depth and ML is all I play.

Demo drops Thursday in the UK, that's all we know. No exact time. I'm hopeful of a good game.

It works for me.

But I´m still in the office.
It says released on 13th of August so I´m not sure whether you can download it already with a New Zealand account.

3.1 GB is the size btw.

Welcome. I've played a lot of both games over the years. Preferred FIFA14, then last year I enjoyed PES2015. It however lacked ML depth and ML is all I play.

Demo drops Thursday in the UK, that's all we know. No exact time. I'm hopeful of a good game.

Thanks. Yes, PES 2015's lack of depth was my main gripe. I just played exhibition matches on it and it's fine although FIFA is what I choose for the online experience.

Please Konami, don't make me play yet another year of FIFA! I just want a fun, solid online PES experience. It's been poor for too long online.

However, if PES 2016's Master League is good, that will keep me occupied until PES 2017 :PRAY:

is it that or is the AI programmed not to deliberately foul? I played FIFA last night for the first time in a while (new addition to the family :) ) and playing against Stoke there was a straight red as balotelli was deliberately hacked down by the last man then there was a booking in midfield for another deliberate foul in midfield.

It was though the AI wanted to foul the players due to the circumstance on the field, PES AI doesn't act like that

In order to program the AI to foul you first have to create a criteria of what is a foul from what isn't, whether it might be measured by velocity or something else, I don't know what they did. It just seems to me they are still working on it.

It's not as simple as:
//AI_FOUL
AI_FOUL=1

I don't know if you remember, before EA implemented the the Impact Engine, FIFA suffered from the same problem. The Impact Engine is measured by velocity btw.

Just saying, PC modders would be happy if someone uploaded the PS3 or Xbox 360 demo files as soon as these versions are up.

Nothing yet on the Xbox 1 :(

Konami always seem to look after PlayStation gamers before everyone else when it comes to PES.

I would seriously consider buying a PS4 for PES 2016 if you don't already own one. We'll have the option files available and it's a better console all things considered (I own both but don't touch the Xbox One unless it's for the exclusives)

:))

Back
Top Bottom