PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

well if its indeed not really present in the demo ...well i want about 5-5 fouls on each side in a 15 minutes game, that wouldn break the games flow. ofcourse it depends on the quality of the sides.

so if its indeed not there we should bomb the Proevo twitter with tweets, or favorite one about this

btw

CMDQ70kWsAAtLQP.jpg:large

Last edited:
I´m done with watching vids.
You guys are analyzing a lot - which is really a good thing as it keeps this thread alive - and with some I agree and with some not that much, but we all know what we got when we be playing the full game for a couple of months.

What I just wish is:
I want the joy I had with earlier PES series.
The game used to make me put my fist in the air and shout a loud "Yeah!" after scoring a goal.
There were those magic moments and I hope I´ll have them back whit PES 2016.
Didn´t feel that with 2015, actually skipped that one and went to FIFA 15 which gave that back to me in some moments.

I played PES 2014 a lot and had it there partly only, but not like with PES 2013, 2011, 2010 and PES 6.

I´m very curious and I hope there are not so many flaws and feats missing (injury on ML for example) which make me having a dull feeling playing that game.

Only two days to go...

did you manage to play these games at gamescom in the end mate?

I did play both FIFA and PES, although it was only 4 / 3 games respectively. Still it was great fun! :)

However, I haven't had the time to write something longer - I can answer some questions if anyone wants to ask.
Quoting myself from the FIFA thread... I know the demo is coming in 2 days, but if anyone wants to have a little Q&A, let's do it! :)

cool thanks! :)

how shooting felt in those few games? same as last year or it had more variation to it?

(asking because for me it seems like its easy to score from certain situations again)

Hi spektarm, did you manage to play superstar, if so did you control a team other than Roma or juve also who did you play against and did you get that old skool feeling from playing

Let me first start by saying that this is my opinion and I can't guarantee that you're gonna feel the same way once you play the game.

what do you think about ball physics, better than last year?
Ball physics have certainly been improved from last year, especially crossing and shooting felt much better. I didn't really like the ball physics in PES 2015 but I don't know why. PES 2016 just feels more natural in this regard. :)

how shooting felt in those few games? same as last year or it had more variation to it?

(asking because for me it seems like its easy to score from certain situations again)
Shooting feels a lot more varied. I personally thought the shooting in PES 2015 was really bad most of the time, and they've certainly worked on it - it's a lot more satisfying to score, because there are plenty of ways to do it now!

The goalkeepers are much better so I don't think it's as easy to score as it was in 2015.

Hi spektarm, did you manage to play superstar, if so did you control a team other than Roma or juve also who did you play against and did you get that old skool feeling from playing
No, I only played 1v1 with a mate. I played with Brazil, France and Juve.

About the old school feeling - it's very subjective, I tried PES 6 recently and it's just so frustrating to play with 8 directions and so much limitations in the gameplay. As opposed to that, PES 2016 feels a lot more fluid. The one thing they've brought back is the feeling you get from certain situations - they just feel right and realistic. I scored a beautifully worked goal with Brazil which felt more satisfying than any goal I've ever scored on PES 2015.

Last edited:
After last year I am surprised that they are not demonstrating AI fouls as that was one of the major outages. If this is the case again then it would be a disaster, it ruined the game experience for me

Yea you would think with a new collision system that fouls and tackles would be a big thing. If there not your collision system ain't working unless every tackle is perfect

How is R2 shooting? Still 100% guaranteed goal?
In 3 games, I didn't manage to score with an R2 shot. Had one great save by the keeper. I also remember a first time R2 shot which went wide. As I said above, keepers cope much better with the shots this time around. But of course if you have a clear chance to curl it into the far corner, it's probably gonna be easy to score, as it should be.

Let me first start by saying that this is my opinion and I can't guarantee that you're gonna feel the same way once you play the game.

Ball physics have certainly been improved from last year, especially crossing and shooting felt much better. I didn't really like the ball physics in PES 2015 but I don't know why. PES 2016 just feels more natural in this regard. :)

Shooting feels a lot more varied. I personally thought the shooting in PES 2015 was really bad most of the time, and they've certainly worked on it - it's a lot more satisfying to score, because there are plenty of ways to do it now!

The goalkeepers are much better so I don't think it's as easy to score as it was in 2015.

No, I only played 1v1 with a mate. I played with Brazil, France and Juve.

About the old school feeling - it's very subjective, I tried PES 6 recently and it's just so frustrating to play with 8 directions and so much limitations in the gameplay. As opposed to that, PES 2016 feels a lot more fluid. The one thing they've brought back is the feeling you get from certain situations - they just feel right and realistic. I scored a beautifully worked goal with Brazil which felt more satisfying than any goal I've ever scored on PES 2015.

Good to hear mate thanks

thanks for the answers spektarm, two more things, did you feel some difference in ball control between the players, and did fast players actually feel faster than the other? they all felt the same last year

Really do hope the injuries part is true. I don't wish any injuries on anyone, but it's just part of the real game. I remember once on my PS2 losing my best player for 42 weeks!
Kevin Bripin ‏@kevinbripin

@AsimTanvir @Adam_Bhatti Hi bruh, do players miss matches in PES2016 master league mode due to long/short term injuries?
Adam Bhatti ‏@Adam_Bhatti
@kevinbripin @AsimTanvir yes. Happens often, and for greater lengths. More details on modes coming soon.

Found this on WeHellas. It's relieving. Like you, I don't wish injuries on anyone. But I might accidentally crunch half of the Premier League because of their stupid fucking haircuts.

thanks for the answers spektarm, two more things, did you feel some difference in ball control between the players, and did fast players actually feel faster than the other? they all felt the same last year
When it comes to PES 2015, I don't think all players felt the same, no?

In 2016 they certainly didn't as well - things I could do with Neymar, Oscar and Willian, I couldn't with Pirlo or Morata for example. Robben and Ribery also seemed great at dribbling. Let's take Pirlo - he turns and dribbles really slowly, but his passing is so crisp and accurate. Defensively (as the holding midfielder), he also felt like a liability because he can't really tackle and isn't great at recovering when needed.

Another example: I felt that with David Luiz I could successfully carry the ball forward from the defence, but he wasn't as good as Thiago Silva defensively.

I'll have judge everything I said more accurately when I get my hands on the game for a longer period. It is possible that I'm not completely correct, of course.

yeah this sounds awesome so if your are not right in the end we will throw rotten tomatoes at you :)

hows the defence? is it ...i dunno how to put it...but last year there was some time lot of staring the ball moment from the defenders/ bad positioning when they could do something

on what pass support did u play? im curious if on the highest u also can feel the difference between Pirlo and a worse passer

Last edited:
hows the defence? is it ...i dunno how to put it...but last year there was some time lot of staring the ball moment from the defenders/ bad positioning when they could do something

on what pass support did u play? im curious if on the highest u also can feel the difference between Pirlo and a worse passer
I can't talk about games versus the AI, but human vs. human the defence felt very tight. Of course, we didn't drag players out of their positions, which is very important. But this is something that you need many games to judge, we'll discuss it more in 2 days! :)

I played on 1 bar or whatever it's called now, i.e. the one right after unassisted. The game shouldn't be played on anything higher imo, as even this feels pretty assisted.

I think the US PSn Updates earlier than EUR, doesnt it ?
The closer we get, the harder it is to wait.

Concerning fouls...i think the DEV team is unsure to determine what is a foul from what isn't a foul in PES especially now in PES 2016 with the new collision system.
If you look at at majority of the collisions in PES 2016 would be called fouls in real life. Cant have too many fouls in the game though. Its a dilemma. Until that is sorted that out there will continue to be a lack of fouls. IMO

Last edited:
Concerning fouls...i think the DEV team is unsure to determine what is a foul from what isn't a foul in PES especially now in PES 2016 with the new collision system.
If you look at at majority of the collisions in PES 2016 would be called fouls in real life. Cant that too many fouls in the game though. Its a dilemma. Until that is sorted that out there will continue to be a lack of fouls. IMO

What Im seeing in all these PES 2016 videos is that it is faaarrr too easy for players to get away with all these potential fouls with little jump animation. Thats way too unrealistic.

Neymar, for example, its a player known for going down easily and then expecting the ref to call a foul instead of trying to keep going on.

Thats been one of the problems with all these football games lately, players have too mucb balance, and its as if the vast majority of players do not like to go down easily for a foul these days.

Tackles also seem to be a bit easy, there isnt much sense of timing to make a clean tackle. Pes 2011 demo got it right, but obviously Konami returned to the other route on the final version since the arcade lovers crowd were moaning for having too much fouls.

This is one aspect of the game that will never be propperly simulated like in Winning Elevn 9, as the crowd who love to pressure and play ridiculously agressive, without any consequence, are the vast majority.

@ Spektarm, please can you tell something about the stamina-system? Are players more or less tired after about 60 minutes, or maybe the same?
Does it make any difference if your player has good stamina-attributes?

@ Spektarm, please can you tell something about the stamina-system? Are players more or less tired after about 60 minutes, or maybe the same?
Does it make any difference if your player has good stamina-attributes?
Damn! I knew I forgot to check something... Sorry, we'll see in 2 days when the demo comes out! :CONF:

When I try to remember, it probably was the same as 2015 tbh... But don't hold it against me if I'm wrong! :D

@spektarm any changes to the stadium edit, like colours, nets etc?
Can't tell you that, it was like a demo on Gamescom, i.e. you can only play exhibition matches.

Last edited:
Damn! I knew I forgot to check something... Sorry, we'll see in 2 days when the demo comes out! :CONF:

When I try to remember, it probably was the same as 2015 tbh... But don't hold it against me if I'm wrong! :D
Well okay, we will see in the demo.
Thanks for forgetting it :D

Back
Top Bottom