PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Its history and its pointless derailing the thread bringing all that up again,sorry.

tumblr_nm1dggn7Am1rz9mezo1_250.gif

Loving all the new animations and features(?) in that trailer. Keepers look awesome and really aware of danger, as do defenders.
Not too sure about how easy the ping pong passing goals looked though. The other annoying niggle is there's a goal towards the end where the attacks runs forward and kinda bumps into a defender, but then glides past him while sorta running on the spot, to catch up with the ball. I hated seeing that in 15.

Trailer was okay. Liked the cinematic close ups but then the majority of the middle was dull gameplay-like highlights. I'd have liked to have seen close ups of the tackles and nice camera cuts showing the paths of the ball or the keepers POV during some of those goal mouth scrambles. I was more excited by 'oooo that's new' than the trailer being any good at all. I was expecting a masterpiece after reading all the comments

The Weedens trailer was nice but I wish someone would make a trailer that didn't feature so many fake (lack of a better word) moments.

What bugs me so much about football game trailers is that lot of the skills on show would never be replicated in a real match, regardless of whether the player is actually capable of doing it.

Players incorrectly using their weaker foot is another thing that annoys me.

It's not difficult to create a trailer that will pump everyone up by just showing simple moments, whether you want to is another thing.

I'm looking forward to the demo but one things for sure - they need a lot more animations.

Really liked the trailer. It's still too fast for me, but i guess that is adjustable.

When everything looks too fast, then we realize we're getting older hehehe. Hey, I'm serious, we play and feel the game different than 15 years ago. That's something to take into account as well. Would be interesting to know how many of us are over 40...

Edit: the trailer looked good from an artistic point of view, but I too dislike fake moments and passages of play and tricks that we never see live. I still remember the cinematic of pes3, I think., in which a group of kids replicated normal plays intertwined with professional plays. It was simple, aspirational, clever and told a lot more about the intentio s of the game. It was CGI, but told a lot.

Last edited:
I've been watching videos in this thread for past hour getting hyped about new PES only to realize PC version won't be the same. Oh well.

yes its right he said in the final version don´t need to choose rainy, it´s a dynamic thing, it will rain if it rains, and its a regional thing for example the Corinthians Arena have more rain probability than Santos Arena, in Sao Paulo rain more than Santos,the same thing the Old Trafford have much more rain probability than Arena Corinthians and then changes every thing, ball physics, the turf is much havier, you will see balls stuck in watter puddles,he adds that the turf turns slippy ,finishing he adds that what he likes more in pes2016 is the realism of the rainy weather.

so its related to stadiums not to teams? i dunno if its good or not. what if i choose a stadium wich concidered as british for my African team?

that new crossing animation by alaba in the trailer is really nice, they could use a similar animation for the set pieces and finishing i think, neymars penalty really turned me off, looks like he is not even trying to score, if there is one thing where they try copy fifa i hope it's the penalties

.. I just spent half an hour watching youtube clips of "pes 16 compilation videos" from gamescom on my big 65" plasma smart tv, and I have to say this game actually looks amazing... which for me is as important as how it plays. How it plays?? well we'll soon find out with the demo, but if most of the review's are right saying its better than pes15 than im gonna be happy, since I was a fan.

In comparison (and i don't wanna start a pes v fifa war), I looked at many fifa 16 vids, and it looks horrible. The player models so long and ridiculous looking - so even if it plays well, I just cannot get into something that doesn't look realistic animation wise. I remember getting into fifa12 for a while, since pes12 was absolute rubbish, and didn't remember fifa 12 players looking as bad as 15 and 16... yeah of course pes 15/16 has its problems also: running animations, namely high speed sprinting, awkward running style with too much hip bend - lean fwd too much, and players with extensive wide arm flapping... But overall it still looks pretty good.

Anyways, my point being, of the weeks worth of gameplay footage we've had so far, in my opinion Pes2016 is by far the best, most realistic looking footy game to date...AND THE SMOOTHEST, which is an incredibly important thing for a momentum based sport such as football.... now hanging to feel the gameplay first hand...

Last edited:
that new crossing animation by alaba in the trailer is really nice, they could use a similar animation for the set pieces and finishing i think, neymars penalty really turned me off, looks like he is not even trying to score, if there is one thing where they try copy fifa i hope it's the penalties

+1

Yeah, penalties in FIFA are great.

I have the suspect that someone from EA is (or was) reading Evo-Web back then... As in 2009 I posted something very similar to what penalties in FIFA would then be. :LMAO:

I'm still proud of that idea. :LOL:

.. I just spent half an hour watching youtube clips of "pes 16 compilation videos" from gamescom on my big 65" plasma smart tv, and I have to say this game actually looks amazing... which for me is as important as how it plays. How it plays?? well we'll soon find out with the demo, but if most of the review's are right saying its better than pes15 than im gonna be happy, since I was a fan.

In comparison (and i don't wanna start a pes v fifa war), I looked at many fifa 16 vids, and it looks horrible. The player models so long and ridiculous looking - so even if it plays well, I just cannot get into something that doesn't look realistic animation wise. I remember getting into fifa12 for a while, since pes12 was absolute rubbish, and didn't remember fifa 12 players looking as bad as 15 and 16... yeah of course pes 15/16 has its problems also: running animations, namely high speed sprinting, awkward running style with too much hip bend - lean fwd too much, and players with extensive wide arm flapping... But overall it still looks pretty good.

Anyways, my point being, of the weeks worth of gameplay footage we've had so far, in my opinion Pes2016 is by far the best, most realistic looking footy game to date...AND THE SMOOTHEST, which is an incredibly important thing for a momentum based sport such as football.... now hanging to feel the gameplay first hand...

Great post and pretty much sums up how I feel..more cohesion,everything linking up better and sense for me anyway that finally gaps and rushed overlaps can be exploited.

Pes15 had a better flow then Fifa15..still felt the glass was only half full with pes15 and that additional refinement on what is already a fairly descent representation of digital footie will make for a much better game.

Stoked for the demo in 4 days as I think we are all in for a treat..

.. I think whats great is that pes16 (obviously built up from 14 and 15) really has some great foundations...

Now that we have the foundation of a great game, im really hoping (and expecting) the patching this year (if not the final retail version) to improve on the tactical ai tweeks, eg. compactness and smart covering defence ai, particularly in that area between mids and defence..better ai to cover one-twos (ie. defenders following or marking their man). In addition, defenders should be much more reactive than attacking players and hence easier to control in human v human games... and only the greats should be easy to dribble with (messi, robben, hazard)...this would really balance things out and make attacking much more difficult but more fun.. having to look to pass to your gun players - meaning goals harder to pull off and more rewarding. Anyways, im really looking forward to tinkering the tactics setting when I get the demo - will be playing on full manual, and trying to get as much human v human games in. This is where the tactics (e.g compactness) should really make a difference and make for tough battles through the mids

Anyways...im already planning a pes night with a few mates on the demo day..Speaking of which, anyone know of the exact time the demo will be released?? Something I guess we need to ask Adam, since we are all from different parts of the world... I do remember with pes15 that the Hong Kong psn got it first.. or was that for pes14.. cant remember...

Last edited:
I have a question from manual players
do you think more auto = more easy ?
of course playing on 2 bar pass assisted is easier than 0 bar, but how about between 2 bar and 4 bar ? (talk about 2015)
I think playing at 4 bar is more difficult than 2 bar assistance! because you are locked !! especially in through pass it make you lose the ball usually ... (going too forward)
in 2015 I decrease that from default (3) to 2, not for more challenging ! but for more easiness !
less than 2 is for challenging, ok ...
but am I the only one that think middle assisted is easiest?

with my experience of pes15, I reckon full manual is definitely more challenging (but more realistic) with human v human... particularly when it comes to shooting..

Against the computer.. I play vs. Top player level... and I reckon the computer ai is harder when I try playing with some assistance as compared to full manual. When I play full manual, the ai isn't quite as sharp. Still, without a doubt full manual is much more realistic in every sense of the game, particularly passing accuracy and shooting.. far more variation and mistakes.. which is the norm in real soccer. Only real issue is that long range shooting is way overpowered, and this power should only be possessed by the power shooters and only when you have a lot of space to shoot. I haven't tried superstar with full manual, only because ive heard from a number of sources that the AI is unrealistically good... and that the game plays more varied and realistically on top player... Im enjoying top player so I haven't deviated from that yet..

In terms of advantages, once you do get better at manual, I do think you can definitely operate better through balls... which is the real advantage, particularly on the counter where you can get the ball in behind in better positions than what full auto would allow...

Last edited:
Yeah, penalties in FIFA are great.

I have the suspect that someone from EA is (or was) reading Evo-Web back then... As in 2009 I posted something very similar to what penalties in FIFA would then be. :LMAO:

I'm still proud of that idea. :LOL:

I find the penalties in Fifa more like a QTE..I don't mean to be negative but for me the ISS series on n64 always had a better system.I remember one of the staff on wenb(Scottish fella)did a article on it a few years back and it highlighted even for its age how well it was fleshed out.

I personally feel more of a disconnect with Fifas system and the composure meter.Its a popular system so it's probably more a preference on my part.

That said I'm not a Fifa hater..I like a lot of what that game does and the direct control that for me has been positive for pes..As much as I liked pes on the ps2 I prefer the direction its moving in now,less clunky,automated and overly driven by stats..

As Aussiepes highlighted Momentum which is something that's been in missing in footie games for to long and the abilititie to be rewarded for working the ball and moving it...

In both Fifa and pes at present its near on in possible to pull the opposition out of position or to actively create your own space..this is wear the repetition is kicking in as there's no real cause and effect.

Over animations,graphics and all the floss powerful hardware has brought to the table this is what the footie games of old did so well.

Last edited:
Sorry, but your post is full of Ad Hominem attacks. They stopped modding 15 months ago, so why would they even care about that? The part in the review about cheating is spot on.

You remember how difficult Pate was to get along with so i really couldn't care less about what they put out. The arrogant people who couldn't care less about us and the community. Its was their patch or nothing.

Like Super Leeds said, its in the past now.

Cheating happens in every football and will continue to do so sadly.

with my experience of pes15, I reckon full manual is definitely more challenging (but more realistic) with human v human... particularly when it comes to shooting..

Against the computer.. I play vs. Top player level... and I reckon the computer ai is harder when I try playing with some assistance as compared to full manual. When I play full manual, the ai isn't quite as sharp. Still, without a doubt full manual is much more realistic in every sense of the game, particularly passing accuracy and shooting.. far more variation and mistakes.. which is the norm in real soccer. Only real issue is that long range shooting is way overpowered, and this power should only be possessed by the power shooters and only when you have a lot of space to shoot. I haven't tried superstar with full manual, only because ive heard from a number of sources that the AI is unrealistically good... and that the game plays more varied and realistically on top player... Im enjoying top player so I haven't deviated from that yet..

In terms of advantages, once you do get better at manual, I do think you can definitely operate better through balls... which is the real advantage, particularly on the counter where you can get the ball in behind in better positions than what full auto would allow...

thanks for answer ...
I know full manual is more challenging, I asked my question about between full assisted and semi assisted (2 bar and 4 bar passing)
I think 2 bar is easier than 3 and 4 bar ! and there is no advantage for full assisted passing ... (as you said in the end)

anyway, new discuss:
all of these challenging things make sense when there would be very hard dribbling ... otherwise more passing challenge, make people do more dribbling in important moments !! and this's step back for tactical playing ...
I tested 0 bar passing and is was hard (and absolutely more realistic) but it make me more dribbling in critical moment ! instead of more try to learning and practicing manual pass during game ...
because it was easy to dribble and create attempt

about shooting I think full manual isn't suitable for gaming, because of limit of analog stick against goal (at least in gameplay camera)
I prefer less assisted and harder shooting, not fully manual shooting
of course depend on stats, situation, opponent defense troubling, weak or strong foot, etc ...

Like I said daz its a popular system so more preference and maybe a personal hankering I had for something I feel was done better by konami themselves many moons ago..

Thats cool mate, that was only my opinion anyway, I could never get into the PES system myself but will try again this year.

You remember how difficult Pate was to get along with so i really couldn't care less about what they put out. The arrogant people who couldn't care less about us and the community. Its was their patch or nothing.

Like Super Leeds said, its in the past now.

Cheating happens in every football and will continue to do so sadly.

Since it's a game, you can't stop "cheating" aka difficulty modifiers. Back then, there use to be "cheating" present but not as much as it is now because back then, it would make the A.I smarter and have a little bit of handicapness but now, it's only handicapness.

Since it's a game, you can't stop "cheating" aka difficulty modifiers. Back then, there use to be "cheating" present but not as much as it is now because back then, it would make the A.I smarter and have a little bit of handicapness but now, it's only handicapness.

No, no, no, no, no.

Cheating has got a lot better throughout the years especially when using manual, because you break up the momentum and the CPU has a harder time getting the ball cleanly.

There where a few FIFA games specially 07 which had little cheating, it was also the easier football game of all time. Cheating is heavily present in the older PES games due to the whole game being automatic.

Back
Top Bottom