PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Look at the last video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=e6RsNZJN088

I don't see 80% rocket shots

Morata shoots over the bar, Lichtsteiner takes the back of the net, Marchisio shoots wide...

the 5:10 minute mark of this video is disturbing. Bayern is attacking and the Juve player switch seems to be faulty like in PES2015. As the pass comes to the middle the switch should have gone to the back defender Chellini, but instead it stays with Pirlo until the ball is sent to the defender. This will be a HUGE problem if the player switching is messed up again.

really liked the manual vs manual video, looks totally different than all the fully assisted ones, much better

Typical Konami:

CL0YolrWsAI7gDm.png:large

What a game! The great potential of the game in this video...

https://youtu.be/4T5u3Rgk1_c
The guy with the red cursor is just a ping-pong passer, it really annoys me to watch some of the moves he puts together. I guess that's the path Pro Evo is taking though - I'm not saying it's unrealistic, just a bit too Barcelona for me. I don't find it realistic.

His first goal made me want to smash my own laptop to the floor, and I'm not even playing the game.

Am I alone in feeling this way? (In real life it would be a wonderful goal but in a game, it just seems so automated and "fake" to me.) The game looks much-improved otherwise, but I see passing like that and think "I won't be playing online much this year".

EDIT: I realise the title of the video says "FIFA players playing Pro Evo", but my point is that judging by the videos so far (which admittedly isn't conclusive), it seems easier to ping-pong-pass in PES this year than in FIFA! If I see a FIFA 16 video emerge with passing like that I'll be really disappointed.

Last edited:
We do actually! I lost contact since 2 years ago actually and they never respond back anymore. I never get invited to anything and what not anymore since they give the FIFA Youtubers everything.

The guy with the red cursor is just a ping-pong passer, it really annoys me to watch some of the moves he puts together. I guess that's the path Pro Evo is taking though - I'm not saying it's unrealistic, just a bit too Barcelona for me. I don't find it realistic.

His first goal made me want to smash my own laptop to the floor, and I'm not even playing the game.

Am I alone in feeling this way? (In real life it would be a wonderful goal but in a game, it just seems so automated and "fake" to me.) The game looks much-improved otherwise, but I see passing like that and think "I won't be playing online much this year".

EDIT: I realise the title of the video says "FIFA players playing Pro Evo", but my point is that judging by the videos so far (which admittedly isn't conclusive), it seems easier to ping-pong-pass in PES this year than in FIFA! If I see a FIFA 16 video emerge with passing like that I'll be really disappointed.

Ping pong passing yeah but he also played sensible football rolling it around. The only time he "ping ponged" was when it was apropriate. You have to appreciate that there are alot of football fans who love the way barcelona play and play their football games in a similar manner, are you telling me that you should only play Barca style with Barca? I mean would you play as Stoke and smash it long for 90 minutes.

[...]are you telling me that you should only play Barca style with Barca? I mean would you play as Stoke and smash it long for 90 minutes.
My point is, you shouldn't be able to play that way as Stoke, because they couldn't play like that in reality. Why do you think Stoke "smash it long for 90 minutes"? Because when your players aren't as talented as the opposition, it's a valid strategy to get the most out of what you've got, rather than attempting to play quick and accurate football when you haven't got the ability and so you end up just passing it to the opposition for 90 minutes (and that's what should happen if you try to play like Barca when you're Stoke).

I'd rather the game forced me to think about what I'm doing with the team I'm playing as, otherwise, this thing we all love about PES called "player individuality" doesn't really exist.

(The teams in the video above are obviously very good teams so it's not entirely unrealistic, but I just think it's a bit too easy to play that way. If it was difficult to ping-pong pass so effectively, I wouldn't mind, but it's just button-mashing. You don't exactly have to be 100% accurate with the analog stick direction. And yes, I realise there's a "pass assist" setting, but the easiest setting shouldn't make humans play like robots. It's not a football game then, it's a sci-fi game, and if 99% of the people who play online are going to use this setting then I think there's a responsibility to make that assistance level realistic, or at least MILDLY challenging.)

Last edited:
Methinks you didn't watch a single Stoke match last season? They are far from a long ball team these days ;)
Hey, he's the one who said Stoke to begin with, I was merely following up on the actual point (hence why I put it in quotes). ;) Feel free to replace Stoke with Tranmere in your head if it makes you feel any better...

EDIT: I think my main concern is that this "love the past, play the future" motto refers to the gameplay taking inspiration from the older games, which were faster and (by today's standards) some of them were more "arcadey". This marries up to Adam's comment about matches in PES 2016 being "highlight reels", and if ping-pong passing is so easy to achieve, and it's all goals-aplenty, then I personally will be disappointed.

I realise that others won't be, but, I'm hoping that FIFA's different so that I've at least got some sort of choice. I'd rather have a game that makes passing difficult and scoring an achievement (not that I'm saying FIFA will be that, nor that it's set in stone that PES will be the opposite of that - it's just the impression I'm getting from these videos).

Not long til the demo now though!

Last edited:
Hey, he's the one who said Stoke to begin with, I was merely following up on the actual point (hence why I put it in quotes). ;) Feel free to replace Stoke with Tranmere in your head if it makes you feel any better...

EDIT: I think my main concern is that this "love the past, play the future" motto refers to the gameplay taking inspiration from the older games, which were faster and (by today's standards) some of them were more "arcadey". This marries up to Adam's comment about matches in PES 2016 being "highlight reels", and if ping-pong passing is so easy to achieve, and it's all goals-aplenty, then I personally will be disappointed.

I realise that others won't be, but, I'm hoping that FIFA's different so that I've at least got some sort of choice. I'd rather have a game that makes passing difficult and scoring an achievement (not that I'm saying FIFA will be that, nor that it's set in stone that PES will be the opposite of that - it's just the impression I'm getting from these videos).

Not long til the demo now though!

Obviously you are not alone in this, i think most fans here will be disappointed with a fast-paced arcade game with little to none satisfaction after scoring. FIFA16 seems to be a good alternative, it at least looks like a real game and i am curious to find out how it plays.

I am still hoping the PES team is sensible enough to cater for newcomers and more seasoned players who want a challenge. The difficulty and controller settings are there for a reason. IMHO there should be a lot more gameplay sliders to tweak to overall game like the modders do with their custom applications. If we could exchange those slider settings via option files and load them when hosting online matches everyone will be happy. Shouldn't be that hard right?

i dont mind if it's a bit arcadey as long as the AI is playable. i liked pes 2013,2011,2009,2008.. every freaking pes (but 2012 & 2010) it was a different match every match.

i want them to cross, to tackle, to feel different. Pes 14/15 has been the same single freaking match played with different player skins and hair colours. they will always score from a FK or they will get you on the counter. that's about it.

i dont mind if it's a bit arcadey as long as the AI is playable. i liked pes 2013,2011,2009,2008.. every freaking pes (but 2012 & 2010) it was a different match every match.

i want them to cross, to tackle, to feel different. Pes 14/15 has been the same single freaking match played with different player skins and hair colours. they will always score from a FK or they will get you on the counter. that's about it.

I am with you in this one. Both PES 2015 and FIFA 15 seemed so repetitive that I stopped playing it after few months. I play PES 2013 and FIFA 14 now since they both take account of team tactics instead of completely ignoring it when the CPU plays.

Well, KSI say it :D PES 2016 is like arcade FIFA 10 :D

OK...well obviously he is gonna compare it to FIFA. Let's say all you drive are Ferraris and you decided to try out a BMW...aren't you gonna compare it to a Ferrari?

As it being arcadey. The game has to be able to adapt to any style of the player. If KONAMI made a strict simulation only the HARDCORE FEW would actually buy it, which obviously in the long run isn't good for business.

If you wanna play arcade you can.
If you wanna play realistically you can.

I think we all can agree that PES needed some FIFA influence.

Not comparing FIFA to a Ferrari btw:FAIL:

Last edited:
Aaaaarrrrrrgggghhhhh!!!!

In the PC thread I said "I won't buy no PS4 for this, so the PC version better be ok".

Now here they have 20% off on the PS4 which means it's 320€.
The offer only lasts till tomorrow.
Except for PES I don't know what else to play on PS4 that I can't play on PC.
But I could use a new Blu Ray Player.

Hmmmmmm...what to do?

Sry 4 off topic.

Aaaaarrrrrrgggghhhhh!!!!

In the PC thread I said "I won't buy no PS4 for this, so the PC version better be ok".

Hmmmmmm...what to do?

Sry 4 off topic.

Not worth it imho

Aaaaarrrrrrgggghhhhh!!!!

Hmmmmmm...what to do?

Sry 4 off topic.

If your buying the PS4 make sure its the newer model. They might be getting rid of old stock. I bought one when they came out mainly for The last of us and MGS as I got a decent PC but MGS is coming out on the PC now anyways. I find it very loud when playing download version of PES. To be honest not that impressed with it at all and will prob sell it if the PC version of PES is decent.

Back
Top Bottom