PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

New Highlights video, amazing work!

https://youtu.be/HAKYamEBxlI

That looks awesome to me.
I've been impressed by some defensive moments (there was a defensive block from a Bayern player in his 16 that was amazing and there were other similar moments).

I know that this is a best of and that the game seems too fast, but if the Retail version is remotely like this, then i would be a very happy customer.

I've been impressed by some defensive moments (there was a defensive block from a Bayern player in his 16 that was amazing and there were other similar moments).

I know that this is a best of and that the game seems too fast, but if the Retail version is remotely like this, then i would be a very happy customer.
1+

I just saw the ign live interview with Adam Bhatti and while there talking the game is being played full manual against the AI, keepers are super impressive, and also more midfield action, very impressed.

OFFLINE so he plays against the CPU! Who said online?

I think either FIFA or PES can look good or bad, depending on how you play. I play a more considered slower pace buildup; a friend of mine plays breakneck one touch passing and lofted through balls and another guy tries dribbling down the guts or whipping in crosses. We have some great games but at times I get annoyed that they continually play the same way.

For offline games, those videos you refer to mean nothing. Online games will be hit and miss depending on how your opponent plays. And watching other people play is hardly the best way to judge the gameplay. Take a deep breath and try the demo next week.

Uhhh...your did mate :LOL:

I see your stance now though, you're saying that your experience can vary depending on how much like a 14 year old your opponent plays. But what I'm saying is these issue will persist REGARDLESS of who you're playing

I just saw the ign live interview with Adam Bhatti and while there talking the game is being played full manual against the AI, keepers are super impressive, and also more midfield action, very impressed.

Yep, me too. Still no fouls, which is my only concern about this build. The keepers are fine, but imo they can be tweaked so they don't automatically bring the ball into the next striker's feet (deflection on the sides for example). Overall, this match was really good.

i dont trust demo's these days. especially PES demos which are notoriously out dated.
Most PES demos are superior to the final game IMO. It's like Konami panic at the end of game development and speed the game up at the last minute in the hope that little arcadey Fifa children will buy the game...they don't buy the game though because those type of players need licensing.

Last edited:

Great post, agree 100% that video brings a bir more balance to the discusions:COOL:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/08/0...ont page)&utm_content=8&utm_campaign=Blogroll

2 optimistic points:
- keepers seems better, not staying on their lines :) I' happy about this but they wont't be perfect I know

- stamina depletion seems less, robben is not red even in 80 min.

the bad:
NO fouls!!!

so much space again, most of the cpu players from roma don't even bother getting behind the ball

the space problem must have been one of the most fed back things last year i think, don't know if they can work it out this year

Guys, if you are going to judge the game from what you see, JUDGE WHAT YOU CAN ACTUALLY SEE. I saw people going over things impossible to know from videos, no matter how good or bad is the capture or the players.

Another thing:
I play FIFA in a very regular basis and there are 2 things I can say properly about it:
1. It looks like a real match, if you are watching a video.
2. It doesn't play like a real match. Specially FIFA 15, with the freaking super humans pacing all over the field.

In my opinion, from the videos we've seen, PES 2016 fails to match those 2 conditions above. Therefore, it doesn't look like FIFA at all, in a good and in a bad way.

Really looking forward to this demo. .. what I've seen so far is very promising. . .can see a lot of variation available in attacking and defending. The clunky dribbling seems to be gone, looking good!

I'm sorry but the more videos I watch, I can't help but think this is PES 2015.5

This isn't necessarily a bad thing, I guess I just expected more :(

I'm sorry but the more videos I watch, I can't help but think this is PES 2015.5

This isn't necessarily a bad thing, I guess I just expected more :(

- 3x more animations
- Euro 2016 license
- New lighting
- Improved AI
- Collision system
- Master League revamped
- Dynamic weather
- Better turfs
- New commentary
- Goalie ID
- New goalnet physics
- PS3/4 texture import
- Option file sharing
- Smooth gameplay, especially passes
- New camera angle
- Celebrations
- Better replays

And Adam said: it's only 80-85%.
Trust Konami, you won't be disappointed

- 3x more animations
- Euro 2016 license
- New lighting
- Improved AI
- Collision system
- Master League revamped
- Dynamic weather
- Better turfs
- New commentary
- Goalie ID
- New goalnet physics
- PS3/4 texture import
- Option file sharing
- New camera angle
- Celebrations
- Better replays

Minimal Improvements or I've hardly noticed:
- New lighting
- Improved AI
- Collision system
- Better turfs
- New commentary
- Goalie ID
Personally or objectively, changes nothing:
- New goalnet physics
- New camera angle
- Better replays
Made this years iteration arguably worse:
- Celebrations
- No Fouls
-Player Sliding

I understand that some of this is me being subjective, but not much. Sorry, just being honest :FISH:

EDIT: One more thing, I thought this was supposed to be Next Gen. When I watch these videos, it takes me a while to realize I'm no longer watching PES 2015. Now I may be wrong as I was with Arkham Knight, but at this point I wanted a little more, that's all

Last edited:
- 3x more animations
- Euro 2016 license
- New lighting
- Improved AI
- Collision system
- Master League revamped
- Dynamic weather
- Better turfs
- New commentary
- Goalie ID
- New goalnet physics
- PS3/4 texture import
- Option file sharing
- New camera angle
- Celebrations
- Better replays

more info on this?

Apparently the gamescom build is 80-85%

Hopefully the final build will make keepers come off their line more, thats needs to be sorted the most.

Back
Top Bottom