PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Even if they are playing like they do in Fifa, if PES 2016 was like the good PES of old, many of these passes should not reach their targets so easily and there should be many fouls, it should be a frustrating match for both with almost no real good chances of scoring.

This is such a so so comment...

i have played all ISS/PES/WE games since early 90's and i CANNOT ever remember one of them where i would win lots of fouls....

i would also often get 85+ pass accuracy every game and i would often create many chances.

I also know im not the only person who managed to play like this.

i think its down to skill level, skill level vs ai and vs user is two different things.

This is such a so so comment...

i have played all ISS/PES/WE games since early 90's and i CANNOT ever remember one of them where i would win lots of fouls....

i would also often get 85+ pass accuracy every game and i would often create many chances.

I also know im not the only person who managed to play like this.

i think its down to skill level, skill level vs ai and vs user is two different things.

PES 5? No way.

One problem that was in 2015 was lack of fouls. Now it seems they made it worse. I have not seen a single one. Otherwise IF good people are playing then game looks very nice.

PES 5? No way.
PES 5 was exagerated in the opposite way. I was pretty skilled at free kicks (or maybe they were too easy, pretty much like in PES 2015), I remember my mates having fear of tackling me at times (I used to use Belgium, and Baseggio was simply too overpowered). :P

PES 5 was exagerated in the opposite way. I was pretty skilled at free kicks (or maybe they were too easy, pretty much like in PES 2015), I remember my mates having fear of tackling me at times (I used to use Belgium, and Baseggio was simply too overpowered). :P

Maybe you became too skilled at it. I really don't remember one PES were FKs were easy from the off. It took months of blood and sweat to master the game :)

PES 2015 was the first PES where I could score an FK in my first few games. I hope 2016 rectifies this but in all honesty i don't expect it to be any different going by the videos I'm watching.

Teach me, masters of PES 2015 free-kicks! I think I have scored like four in my 3 year ML campaign. I think 2 or 3 or those were cheap near post sitters where the keeper was foolishly standing in the middle of the goal. I have made quite a few in friendlies but that was with superstar level players.

Last edited:
Adam Bhatti ‏@Adam_Bhatti · 38m38 minutes ago
AMAZING! @KitanaMedia #PES2016 best sports game is #PES2016! @WENBlog @FIFASoccerBlog

.. GOTTA LOVE THE BEST SPORTS GAME TITLE!!!..

PES 5 and 6 included... I would RARELY win freekicks. more than now granted but rarely still.

In those games i found free kicks to be ok, give me Alex Mostovoi and i'd be able to hit the target most times.

Last edited:
Well 2015 also won that and that game divided the people. We'll see next week.

To me it's better to say:"we will see at release"

Those kinds of awards to me mean nothing if they just judge a limited demo.

And the demo itself is pretty useless to make a correct judgement.

i dont trust demo's these days. especially PES demos which are notoriously out dated.

what i used to do was get a copy of the winning eleven just before the news seasons pes was out and base my judgement on that :)

Peter Dury was awesome in This is Football. probably the best commentator for all the PS2 football games!

Yeah he was very good in that, his opening line always cracked me up for some reason "This is Peter Drury and I'm speaking to you live!". Will there still be Jim Beglin as co-commentator?

PES 5? No way.

PES 5/WE9 was the best footy game ever exactly because it could be a frustrating game for those who couldnt stop sprinting and was desperate to get the ball back as if it was the last minite of a world cup final.

Anyways, here is what I think might be the best gamescom video so far. Its in french, I dont understand a word, but ii highlights really well some of the clear improvements and the pace looks totally fine there.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hmKBHjFe6NM

PES 5/WE9 was the best footy game ever exactly because it could be a frustrating game for those who couldnt stop sprinting and was desperate to get the ball back as if it was the last minite of a world cup final.

Anyways, here is what I think might be the best gamescom video so far. Its in french, I dont understand a word, but ii highlights really well some of the clear improvements and the pace looks totally fine there.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hmKBHjFe6NM

The defender needs to close spaces in the center faster. Apart from that, it looks really organized and well.

Edit: One thing I noticed is that there is no match intensity. Their intensity looks the same all through the match. It should change depending if they are a goal down and it's the end stages of the game or they are already 2 goals up against a better side, etc.

As a long time PES fan, I'm quite enjoying this videos. I understand the concerns about the lack of midfield play that we can see on some of these videos, but in my experience, this depends on the people playing and on the assists levels that they're playing on. I'm also reading some of you complaining about the lack of fouls, but I'm seeing a lot more being called than last year PES 2015 videos.

Since I'm enjoying what I'm seeing, the things that I would like to be fixed are the goalkeepers. It seems that they parry the ball way too much towards the players instead of trying to parry the ball out of play, and that the keeper animation chosen by the AI is one to try to catch the ball. The other thing that I'd like to be tweaked are shots. I'd like to have more variety in shots missed, with less laser guided shots, and I'd also like to have less shot accuracy from outside the penalty area.

Back
Top Bottom