PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

The night lighting has always sucked in pea games. Nothing new here

It use to be good until they screwed it up on the fox engine.

PES 2013

PES-2013-Valencia-Night-Turf.png

PES-2013-Estadio-Municipal-de-Riazor-Turfs-4.png

Agreed on the backheels. I know what happens is that people try and play the game...well, like a game. So they're facing one way but want to make a very quick pass to someone that's behind them and there's an animation for backheels that gets used. If they're going to do that then they need to tune the accuracy properly or else make the player's animation to be a turn and pass around the corner. You might lose the ball that way but it will look more realistic.

Game speed I think will be fine when you play it. YouTube definitely is contributing to the framerate looking quicker. Has often been the case before. No reason why the game would all of a sudden go into warp speed mode compared with previous years.

FIFA's goalkeepers often parry back to the striker or another attacking player. Would be nice if the ball fell more randomly so hopefully we've just been seeing select situations and not every save falls for a tap in.

Some of the shooting looked improved - I noticed Pogba took a shot and the ball dipped before it reached the keeper and bounced. From what I saw on the PES 2015 demo most shots would keep rising but maybe those that played 2015 quite a bit can chime in.

It's hard to judge too much if there's various builds floating around but I'm hoping the game looks that good on Xbox One - that's my main concern. Otherwise it's looking promising :)

Yeah the accuracy of the back heel needs to be toned a lot cause atm it's perfect and I don't like it.

You've already played?

You know I didnt, but do I really need to ?

It may sound arrogant to say this, but Im safe to say that Im one of the most neutral guy here, you wont see me being pessimistic, all these years that Im active on these forums I never criticised the game much before demo or release, I always wait for the proper time to make some judgments, but this changed this year, as I have never seen PES looking so much, sooo much like Fifa, its almost like Fifa without fouls.

They fucked up the movement physics (no sense of center of gravity/weight, players are literally flying on the pitch and gliding like Fifa, no footplanting), and what about that passing... My good, look at how passes are so easily linked together so accuratly and quickly, no matter if its first time back heel, first time 90 degree pass, there are no variables (Pressure, angle, balance etc) influencing pass speed and accuracy.

There are lterally Zero fouls, no matter how agressive and desperate you are to steal the ball, tackles are ridiculously accurate.

What a horrible gameplay. Simply disgusting..:

Type this on youtube: Pro Evolution Soccee 2016 vs Josh

Watch the video and then tell if this does not looke like a Fifa clone.

I think either FIFA or PES can look good or bad, depending on how you play. I play a more considered slower pace buildup; a friend of mine plays breakneck one touch passing and lofted through balls and another guy tries dribbling down the guts or whipping in crosses. We have some great games but at times I get annoyed that they continually play the same way.

For offline games, those videos you refer to mean nothing. Online games will be hit and miss depending on how your opponent plays. And watching other people play is hardly the best way to judge the gameplay. Take a deep breath and try the demo next week.

It's funny how PES is now trying to achieve a casual end to end football game which is the root of FIFA and FIFA is bringing the Midfield play which was the root of PES.

a good thing about pes is, you can modify it to how you want to play the game, cause if you think about it, in real life if u had tactically two arsenal teams playing against each other, its going to be end to end, its all about tactics whereas the old pes u didn't have this tactical freedom, and the great old winning eleven games on superstar was bloody hard, cos every single team you played against was pressuring hard all game which wasnt realistic but got satisfaction when u did get a chance to create and have a shot on goal, best thing for you is to wait till you get your hands on the game and make a judgement then cos its difficult to judge by watching as to what tactics and assists they have set up for these games and also as one guy in the videos stated, there are multiple copies going around gamescom, like alpha pre alpha codes etc.

Last edited:

Seriously, as if you're using that as a representative video. They're playing the game like they would play FIFA. Of course you're going to say it looks like a FIFA clone.

Just before half time and the pass leading up to that long distance goal from (Sissoko?) I love the way the player opens up his body to lay off the ball.

Honestly, I understand where both sides are coming from (those saying 2016 looks like a Fifa clone and those against). Yes the game does look like Fifa when used the same way, and the good thing is that you can avoid that by not playing it like you do Fifa. On the other hand though, a game that represents real football shouldn't let you play in any way but how real football plays. Try playing it in any other way and you shouldn't be able to, because it's not possible to be done irl. The silly blind and accurate fron any angle heel passing shouldn't be successful and only possible by highly skilled and confident players with a great sense of vision and accuracy. Pulling them off should look fabulous as opposed to feeling turned off. This is just one example of many. I can sit here all day talking about many other examples but I won't. Both games are not really football sims, but football games with some elements of real football, and we, the players, try to make either game play the way we want it to, whether to mimic real football, or just play the game.

Btw, some Fifa players also edit the game using sliders to try make it a better football game that resembles real life as much as possible. So not all Fifa players buy Fifa for it's arcadish core philosophy (imo).

Anyway, whatever game boasts mimicing real football should look to implementing and translating that in-game, fully.

It´s the same like every year.

Some people seem to know the whole complete game by watching the vids.
Some even seem to know what the people behind the controllers play else in their spare time.
I´d be very careful, specially with those gamescom vids that are recorded directly from the LCD.
Gotta keep in mind all the factors like pass assistance, game speed, difficulty, code, tactics, the way those guys play, youtube framerate, etc etc etc.

I see stuff in some vids that I like a lot and some stuff I don´t like that much.

But saying that the game is shit (or the best PES ever) in this state is way way too early.
We have that every year :).

Only 7 days for the demo. Play the hell out of it and then judge.

EDIT:
Animations are top notch, ball physics look better to me than last year and nets are improved.
Also, saw some nice goals like the first one from Ribery of that last gamescom vid.

Plus, important to me is the revamped ML.
EA just revealed their improved CM and this will be very hard to compete with.

Last edited:
Wasn't it Adam that recently said they're trying to make PES a game where you'll be able to put together a highlights reel of nice goals?

I think they tried pushing the more realistic type approach with PES 2014 but are now realising that they need to make the game fun and as widely marketable as possible. If they need to appeal to the FIFA market as well as the PES diehards/traditionalists just to stay afloat then so be it.

A true sim might be great for some of us but if they're spending a lot of money on licences, development etc etc, they can't be too much of a niche product. Need to get the sales up. So as long as the choice to play more realistic football is still there for some of us, then I think that's a happy compromise.

It´s the same like every year.

Some people seem to know the whole complete game by watching the vids.
Some even seem to know what the people behind the controllers play else in their spare time.
I´d be very careful, specially with those gamescom vids that are recorded directly from the LCD.
Gotta keep in mind all the factors like pass assistance, game speed, difficulty, code, tactics, the way those guys play, youtube framerate, etc etc etc.

I see stuff in some vids that I like a lot and some stuff I don´t like that much.

But saying that the game is shit (or the best PES ever) in this state is way way too early.

EDIT:
Animations are top notch, ball physics look better to me than last year and nets are improved.
Also, saw some nice goals like the first one from Ribery of that last gamescom vid.

It's not hard to determine wether animations are good or bad from a video though. Or positioning. The only thing we can't say much about is the reactions and button delay stuff. For me, it looks mediocre. They still havent figured out what made the goold old pes, good.

Totally agree. I saw people get wowed by a single screenshot of Messi on the FIFA thread and a short trailer that showed nothing new, apart from women on the pitch...and the praise was overflowing. Not sure how they could see anything from that trailer to make those kind of judgements lol

I hopw you guys realize what DuduBR9 is trying to say.

-Insane Barca accurate passers no matter the user/team skill
-Close to 100% tackle rate
-No fouls
-Fast pace
-No footplanting

Now with the exception of the fast pace, the reason it seems he's so worried is that these ailments will persist regardless of who you're playing or what style of play the person/CPU is playing. This isn't something that is just fixed with sliders.

You all are telling him to just play online......so he can just get his ass kicked by 14 year olds running around the pitch like crazy pingponing passes together with no consequences :ROLL:

Last edited:
There are some nice new keeper animations, both for saves and for shots that fly over and the keeper looks to be closely watching the ball.

The worst animations I've seen are where the striker goes to tap in a rebound or a close in shot and just pokes at it awkwardly when they should be side footing it home or smashing it with their laces. They do a softly softly shot of some kind.

I hopw you guys realize what DuduBR9 is saying.

-Insane Barca accurate passers no matter the user/team skill
-Close to 100% tackle rate
-No fouls
-Fast pace
-No footplanting

Now with the exception of the fast pace, the reason it seems he's so worried is that these ailments will persist regardless of who you're playing or what style of play the person/CPU is playing. This isn't something that is just fixed with sliders.

You all are telling him to just play online......so he can just get his ass kicked by 14 year olds running around the pitch like crazy pingponing passes together with no consequences :ROLL:

OFFLINE so he plays against the CPU! Who said online?

There are some nice new keeper animations, both for saves and for shots that fly over and the keeper looks to be closely watching the ball.

The worst animations I've seen are where the striker goes to tap in a rebound or a close in shot and just pokes at it awkwardly when they should be side footing it home or smashing it with their laces. They do a softly softly shot of some kind.

Yep. Since pes 2011. That kind of fundamental animations disappeared after pes 2010. And still, they have no clue how to make simple animations.

i hope so, maybe when fifa release there gamplay videos, konami will release the latest footage as well. its open day for the public today so hoping we get to see it properly this time.

Does anybody actually know when this is going to be so that we can compare?

On the other hand though, a game that represents real football shouldn't let you play in any way but how real football plays. Try playing it in any other way and you shouldn't be able to, because it's not possible to be done irl.
You are absolutely right, but just imagine how big would be the financial loss for EA/Konami if they decided to follow that route.
They will always try to appeal to the biggest audience possible, that means that they should also let kids/casual gamers play and, perhaps, have fun.
Imagine a kid (or a casual gamer) picking up a game and finding it frustrating/too difficult (which means no fun), he wouldn't buy it anymore.

A similar thing happened to me with SBK X (and, on a smaller amount as it looks easier, with SBK Generations) for example.
I'm turning more and more into a casual gamer myself as time passes by, and I'm having lots of trouble playing SBK X on the highest simulation level now just because I don't have enough time to properly learn the tracks apart from Monza (too famous not to know it) and Misano (which is my favourite motorcycling track). This means that I often brake too early or too late/miss the correct line/accelerate too early or too hard (the latter usually leading to a wonderful highside).
The reason I'm still playing it is because I used to be a "hardcore" gamer so I'm used to facing this kind of difficulties but let's face it, many in my situation would just have done away with it.

You are absolutely right, but just imagine how big would be the financial loss for EA/Konami if they decided to follow that route.
They will always try to appeal to the biggest audience possible, that means that they should also let kids/casual gamers play and, perhaps, have fun.
Imagine a kid (or a casual gamer) picking up a game and finding it frustrating/too difficult (which means no fun), he wouldn't buy it anymore.

A similar thing happened to me with SBK X (and, on a smaller amount as it looks easier, with SBK Generations) for example.
I'm turning more and more into a casual gamer myself as time passes by, and I'm having lots of trouble playing SBK X on the highest simulation level now just because I don't have enough time to properly learn the tracks apart from Monza (too famous not to know it) and Misano (which is my favourite motorcycling track). This means that I often brake too early or too late/miss the correct line/accelerate too early or too hard (the latter usually leading to a wonderful highside).
The reason I'm still playing it is because I used to be a "hardcore" gamer so I'm used to facing this kind of difficulties but let's face it, many in my situation would just have done away with it.

Re: bold part in spoiler, yes, but at the same time there are many others who are more than happy to enjoy it because it's a true sim, or as sim as possible. These people would actually find it more fun, because it's mimicking the real thing, and not doing so means it's not true to the real thing and therefore not enjoyable anymore and a turn off. Companies want the quick buck and pleasing the masses using the quickest learning curve is the way to go for them. But on the other side, there's a market for sim, and imo a company should cater for that sim market. Whether it's EA, Konami, or any other company, as long as they create a separate sim product.

Yep its not contextual, but seriously why is can the keepers not hold on to shots? I am sick of them being mentioned every year now, takes away the joy of scoring when you see a shit keeper.

I don't want to see them grab everything and hold onto it. They've got a lot of new animations now that we can see. That's great and I'm all for it. Keepers have "looked" bad in the past, not necessarily performed badly. And I think it will make the game more exciting and realistic if they don't grab every shot that comes there way - so the key is about ensuring the loose balls don't fall automatically in the same spot every time or getting them to tip more shots over the bar or around the post...i.e. away from danger. I even like the animation where they take the pace off the ball and catch it after it's bounced.

Konami needs to take a long break from making football games.Game looks awful in almost every way:

-Player movements and animations are so unnatural
-No proper footplanting, ice-skating gameplay
-Ball psyhics looks really bad (like pes 2015)
-Fast paced ,end to end action gameplay
-Shooting looks scripted and generic like pes 2015(insane curves)
-Graphics are way behind than today's standarts
-Etc. etc.

Not much left for the demo but ı am already dissappointed..

Back
Top Bottom