PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Why would a keeper push a ball that is going for his near post back into the penalty area, its not exciting, its not exciting, its not natural and it wouldn't have happened on the older games. Whatever happened with working a goal.

To be honest... I see so many good things in all these new videos that I can't be bothered nitpicking the downsides. Of course I can see PES 2016 getting annoying after a few months but that happens with every game.

I've also decided to use this thread solely to check what's new and look at new videos, reviews, etc and stop reading members comments because it's truly depressing how most of you react.

Nothing's good for you. Nothing's ever going to be good enough for you. I'm tired. I can only take a bunch of 5 maybe 6 members who are worth reading. Who point the true positive and negative aspects of these videos. The rest of you are just looking forward to see something bad to point your fingers at it over and over again. It must be age-related,
I don't know. Lucky for me, I think this game is what I've been waiting for, for a decade now. Room for improvement? Yes, huge. But I might be Mr. Brightside. Mr Glass-Half-Full around here. I'm so naive.

:))

Why would a keeper push a ball that is going for his near post back into the penalty area
Talking about the France - Brazil video? I had the same impression that it was pretty much weird.
I mean, great animation that could be useful for some impossible saves, but that was not the moment to perform a save like that.

Actually it should pretty much only happen when the ball gets deflected during its flight (anyone remembering Lobont @ AC Milan?) or when the keeper is caught out of position somehow (maybe long range attempts like this one).

To be honest... I see so many good things in all these new videos that I can't be bothered nitpicking the downsides. Of course I can see PES 2016 getting annoying after a few months but that happens with every game.

I've also decided to use this thread solely to check what's new and look at new videos, reviews, etc and stop reading members comments because it's truly depressing how most of you react.

Nothing's good for you. Nothing's ever going to be good enough for you. I'm tired. I can only take a bunch of 5 maybe 6 members who are worth reading. Who point the true positive and negative aspects of these videos. The rest of you are just looking forward to see something bad to point your fingers at it over and over again. It must be age-related, I don't know. Lucky for me, I think this game is what I've been waiting for, for a decade now. Room for improvement? Yes, huge. But I might be Mr. Brightside. Mr Glass-Half-Full around here. I'm so naive.

Correct attitude to have. Discussion forums are more confusing than ever pre-release. Come back weeks after release, you will see the right people discussing the true pro and cons of the game. This time having played it.

Correct attitude to have. Discussion forums are more confusing than ever pre-release. Come back weeks after release, you will see the right people discussing the true pro and cons of the game. This time having played it.
You know what? Many people want the "perfect" game, but only a few understand that the perfect game will never exist.
It's about taste, what is perfect for me won't be perfect for you (and the same applies the other way around of course). And this alone is enough to see that there won't ever be a perfect game that makes everyone happy.

People should just look for the game that fits their taste instead of waiting for the 100%-perfect-match-with-everyone's-expectations game to appear on the market and being let down when it doesn't come.
Because such a game will never ever be on the market.

The sheer amount of moaning in here is shocking lol

Few issues but overall looking great and finally option files!!
Cheer up moaning sods!

You know what? Many people want the "perfect" game, but only a few understand that the perfect game will never exist.
It's about taste, what is perfect for me won't be perfect for you (and the same applies the other way around of course). And this alone is enough to see that there won't ever be a perfect game that makes everyone happy.

People should just look for the game that fits their taste instead of waiting for the 100%-perfect-match-with-everyone's-expectations game to appear on the market and being let down when it doesn't come.

Yep. That's how I am too.

Although I still wait for a niche football sim :D

Don't care who does it too. Can be done by Vieri for all I care as long as it resembles the real game :D

Adam said they dont want to take away the dotted lines, or flip the whole thing make it dissappear by defeault and so you have to turn it on because they are scared they would lose fans who came in last year. Who fell in love PES last year.

:CONF:

Its a bit worrying thought.

Hi Guys can i ask something please ? what is A.I ? is it animation of players or what ?

Look forward to giving the demo a go.

Honestly, I understand where both sides are coming from (those saying 2016 looks like a Fifa clone and those against). Yes the game does look like Fifa when used the same way, and the good thing is that you can avoid that by not playing it like you do Fifa. On the other hand though, a game that represents real football shouldn't let you play in any way but how real football plays. Try playing it in any other way and you shouldn't be able to, because it's not possible to be done irl. The silly blind and accurate fron any angle heel passing shouldn't be successful and only possible by highly skilled and confident players with a great sense of vision and accuracy. Pulling them off should look fabulous as opposed to feeling turned off. This is just one example of many. I can sit here all day talking about many other examples but I won't. Both games are not really football sims, but football games with some elements of real football, and we, the players, try to make either game play the way we want it to, whether to mimic real football, or just play the game.

Btw, some Fifa players also edit the game using sliders to try make it a better football game that resembles real life as much as possible. So not all Fifa players buy Fifa for it's arcadish core philosophy (imo).

Anyway, whatever game boasts mimicing real football should look to implementing and translating that in-game, fully.

Good post.

Both games are planned for a wide audience and have to be spectacular to appeal. The influx of indie games over the last few years has given us a good representation of games which try to stick to a vision come hell or high water, and neither Fifa of PES are really comparable in that sense (maybe once, but not now). In fact, no AAA game is. It doesn't mean the games are bad of course but I figure we have to accept that over-use of skills, hollywood saves, and insane passes and shots exist because they make the game look more remarkable to your average Joe.

Again, looking forward to the demo so I can see how well the game plays when you don't try to play that way.

Last edited:
The sheer amount of moaning in here is shocking lol

Few issues but overall looking great and finally option files!!
Cheer up moaning sods!

You are so right! You know, some people try really hard to be as negative as possible. Take that Kunio_Kun guy, he made this list:
-Player movements and animations are so unnatural
-No proper footplanting, ice-skating gameplay
-Ball psyhics looks really bad (like pes 2015)
-Fast paced ,end to end action gameplay
-Shooting looks scripted and generic like pes 2015(insane curves)
-Graphics are way behind than today's standarts
-Etc. etc.

Notice the 'etc. etc.' at the end? He runned out of negatives so he putted etc. etc. at the end to still get another negative point.
So sad....

well why cant he express his feelings? im negative too, but still hoping. btw his list seems about right by the looks of it except the graphics and ballphysics...

on the graphics, the pitch still looks like a pool table, no idea why isnt there 3d grass in close ups(its only in replay mode)

well why cant he express his feelings? im negative too, but still hoping. btw his list seems about right by the looks of it except the graphics and ballphysics...

on the graphics, the pitch still looks like a pool table, no idea why isnt there 3d grass in close ups(its only in replay mode)
His list is not about right.
Ball physics are not great but all right.
Fast paced? You can handle that yourself with setting the tactics to your own style.
You cannot say that shooting is scripted as long as you do not know what settings are used in the match. That you cannot see on video's.
What's wrong with the graphics? Maybe it's a matter of taste, but I like them.
So, as you can see it's not all that negative, it might be not of your taste though.

To come back on your first question about expressing his feelings: That's okay, but sometimes ( not always ) feelings can cloud the facts a bit ;)

I think we'll start getting gameplay from ACTUAL GAMECOM today (considering yesterday was the day heaps of videos came out which I think all were pre recordings from E3 code - with embargo lifted yesterday)

this clip says its from GAMESCOM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Owbq6p9Wxlg

Looks different, with some new presentation animations... I gotta say, as silly as it sounds, I love the fact that goals celebrations are controllable.. look at the last goal.. good to see you can run around with team mates following you.. and RIGHT INTO THE GOAL MOUTH HAHAHAH...

Yes i agree. Perfect game will never exist. But with PES nowdays we stuggling and want to see the basic of football. Such as, ball physics, stamina, stats that really matters on the pitch etc.

So waiting for the demo to see how these all presented on the pitch.

All those clips look like they were directed by Michael Bay. End to End Action.

If you tried to play like that in WE7 you would run into a disaster.

I miss tactics and pace.

I think we'll start getting gameplay from ACTUAL GAMECOM today (considering yesterday was the day heaps of videos came out which I think all were pre recordings from E3 code - with embargo lifted yesterday)

this clip says its from GAMESCOM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Owbq6p9Wxlg

Looks different, with some new presentation animations... I gotta say, as silly as it sounds, I love the fact that goals celebrations are controllable.. look at the last goal.. good to see you can run around with team mates following you.. and RIGHT INTO THE GOAL MOUTH HAHAHAH...

Asim said that the youtubers, press recorded gamescom code aswell. so its placebo. btw i dont need to play it to see shooting is overpowered. its my main gripe, and its a big one if it comes to a football game since sort of fundamental.

Last edited:
All these videos there's three things that very important to me and cannot see them, they are fouls only been very minimal, AI lack of aggression in the middle and defensively and also the keepers lack of urgency they stay on there line too much and don't rush out also noticed when quite a few goals are scored players run through massive gaps in the defense but again it could be down to difficulty setting, I hope on superstar most of those issues are rectified

Seriously, as if you're using that as a representative video. They're playing the game like they would play FIFA. Of course you're going to say it looks like a FIFA clone.

Just before half time and the pass leading up to that long distance goal from (Sissoko?) I love the way the player opens up his body to lay off the ball.

Even if they are playing like they do in Fifa, if PES 2016 was like the good PES of old, many of these passes should not reach their targets so easily and there should be many fouls, it should be a frustrating match for both with almost no real good chances of scoring.

People talking about end to end play and easy passes, it's all in the assistance. After the passing bars were introduced I set the games to Zero bars and never looked back. Well actually I tested various passing bar settings in each game but always fell back to zero which I absolutely say is the only way to go. In PES 2015 (and before) It's still stats based, you can still tell good passers apart from the bad. But it slows gameplay down considerably as you actually have to align the passes. For instance, in the downloadable Gamersyde video there is a pass just after 2.40 where a player receives a pass and instantly passes the ball behind him in a laser guided fashion to a different player. On zero bars that pass would have at best gone in the general direction.

I'd be more worried about the AI doing their crazy possession game thing as in PES 2015 were they ping it about for a while without fail, often without really thinking of moving forward at all. Something I haven't really noticed in the new vids but it's too early to tell. Also, hopefully the AI will actually consider crossing the ball, another thing I haven't really been able to see from the videos as it's usually some high pressing from the human player, presumably on a lower difficulty as well. So my concerns are mainly about AI behaviour. And sure, that keeper thing where they parry the balls directly in front of them looks like something that could get super annoying. But it can get fixed. They fixed the Green zone bug back in the day, so they can fix a lot of stuff.

..with all the problems that have been discussed on this page and those just previous, lets just hope that most are due to difficulty setting and of course that its not even the retail version yet. Plus the fact most games are released too early and patching is required to iron out early bugs. Hoping Adam can have a positive influence on fixes between now and retail and future patching.

Regarding gamecom gameplay vids, what im hanging for are a couple of good players playing on full manual against each other. Pes 2015 is amazing like this.. full manual and on about 1 for speed is what im liking at the moment, particularly human v human (offline). Now speaking of pes2015 and what im hoping gets fixed in 2016, particularly with h v h (offline), is the response time of defenders needs slight improvement. I found the balance between controlling an attacking player and defending player was perfect in pes5/we9le (pc), pes6 (pc), we2007cc/we2008jl/09jl/10jl's on ps2 etc... where defending was easier and more reactive than controlling the attacking players...unless of course you are using messi or robben...

also keepers do need to react quicker.. I agree that they dive slow mo occasionally and let the ball under them. And of course, the shooting that was existent in pes2015 manual really needs to be toned down.. ie. only power strikers should be able to really smash those incredible rocket shots.. should be very attribute driven, as well as based on positioning and pressure...

I hopw you guys realize what DuduBR9 is trying to say.

-Insane Barca accurate passers no matter the user/team skill
-Close to 100% tackle rate
-No fouls
-Fast pace
-No footplanting

Now with the exception of the fast pace, the reason it seems he's so worried is that these ailments will persist regardless of who you're playing or what style of play the person/CPU is playing. This isn't something that is just fixed with sliders.

You all are telling him to just play online......so he can just get his ass kicked by 14 year olds running around the pitch like crazy pingponing passes together with no consequences :ROLL:

This.

I'm all for freedom of play, no player should be restricted to play in a certain way, but whatever it is your olay style (counter attacks with long balls or ball possession), things must "make sense", some laws of physics and some football fundaments shouls be applied.

People talking about end to end play and easy passes, it's all in the assistance. After the passing bars were introduced I set the games to Zero bars and never looked back. Well actually I tested various passing bar settings in each game but always fell back to zero which I absolutely say is the only way to go. In PES 2015 (and before) It's still stats based, you can still tell good passers apart from the bad. But it slows gameplay down considerably as you actually have to align the passes. For instance, in the downloadable Gamersyde video there is a pass just after 2.40 where a player receives a pass and instantly passes the ball behind him in a laser guided fashion to a different player. On zero bars that pass would have at best gone in the general direction.

I'd be more worried about the AI doing their crazy possession game thing as in PES 2015 were they ping it about for a while without fail, often without really thinking of moving forward at all. Something I haven't really noticed in the new vids but it's too early to tell. Also, hopefully the AI will actually consider crossing the ball, another thing I haven't really been able to see from the videos as it's usually some high pressing from the human player, presumably on a lower difficulty as well. So my concerns are mainly about AI behaviour. And sure, that keeper thing where they parry the balls directly in front of them looks like something that could get super annoying. But it can get fixed. They fixed the Green zone bug back in the day, so they can fix a lot of stuff.

i saw plenty of manual videos from pros, they had pinpoint passing aswell once they mastered it so..

i saw plenty of manual videos from pros, they had pinpoint passing aswell once they mastered it so..

Pinpoint passing is very possible but you wont to it by just pressing the pass button the split second you get the ball and have it go directly to a team mate. You have to align the pass. Plus, none of the PES 2016 videos have these PES masters, they just have players with high pass support. Also, I'd like a link to those manual vids, I might learn from those pros.

Even if they are playing like they do in Fifa, if PES 2016 was like the good PES of old, many of these passes should not reach their targets so easily and there should be many fouls, it should be a frustrating match for both with almost no real good chances of scoring.

Agreed. You couldn't do that back in the day from what I remember. Passes would go astray and players bumping into each other.

Back
Top Bottom