PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Just played PES on Ps4 demo. Man, it's like lightning compared to FIFA which I'm not sure is a great thing. I could argue I played with better sides, but the responsiveness of both Juventus and Munich feels just too much now. The flowing attacking football you can play is very good, but again, it just feels like it's constantly like that. I also scored a screamer with Thomas Muller 30 yards which I did go 'wow', but that was in like the 2nd game I played. I also get the feeling when I get that chance that I'm going to soore, which again I'm not sure is great.

So three games on Superstar I've beaten Juventus twice as Munich and drawn to them. On superstar. I hope the retail is slower, and I hope it's just not as easy to string moves together all the time. I do appreciate that I'm playing with Munich and perhaps say, Liverpool will be different.

I can see why people think PES is fun this year, but it seems too fast and too end to end. The players seem too responsive in that almost anyone now is turning on a sixpence. Every shot I feel I'm going to score too.

PS I also started getting pissed off with Juventus just lumping it long for no reason. Whilst this does add variance in CPU attack, the CPU seem far more cheaper in giving possession away. In the three games I had over 60% possession and one game was 67-33. Which obviously ain't ideal.

This isn't PES bashing, it's just my thoughts on having played FIFA for so long and then going to PES. Perhaps if I did this the other way round my thoughts would be that FIFA is slow and clunky etc.

My feelings though is that although PES may be more 'fun', FIFA is the more realistic. In terms of pace of game, and player movements and responsiveness. I'm a little old school and a little more sadistic I guess in that I want t a little turgid thrown in as well as the glory.

Still don't know which one to get though. Really don't. Will give them both perhaps one more week :).

The demo has the shackles off and is much faster than the game. It's like that to rope the kids in. .the actual game isn't that fast although it depends on which speed setting you play. . .-1 is better than 0 for realism!

The demo has the shackles off and is much faster than the game. It's like that to rope the kids in. .the actual game isn't that fast although it depends on which speed setting you play. . .-1 is better than 0 for realism!

Back in the day I played PES 2011 on -1, many would think that was like sludge. But at least I felt it was much more simulation. The problem I guess is getting the responsiveness right with regards to sim v arcade. You'll never please everyone of course.

Back in the day I played PES 2011 on -1, many would think that was like sludge. But at least I felt it was much more simulation. The problem I guess is getting the responsiveness right with regards to sim v arcade. You'll never please everyone of course.

You can't judge Pes from the demo. . it's the old story. . start a league or a Master league and a lot of the games you will encounter will have plenty of sludge and then some games play great. .it's your normal Pes stuff that you've seen over the years.

You can't judge Pes from the demo.
Surely you can judge PES from the free-to-play version that's available now?

I play on -1 and it's okay as far as I'm concerned (though the floating goalkeeper animations aren't great), 0 is ridiculous (as is playing online) IMO.

Surely you can judge PES from the free-to-play version that's available now?

I play on -1 and it's okay as far as I'm concerned (though the floating goalkeeper animations aren't great), 0 is ridiculous (as is playing online) IMO.

Why would I be playing the free version when I already have the game?

Why would I be playing the free version when I already have the game?
By "you" I meant anyone - you said someone can't judge the game from the demo, my point is that the free-to-play version is fully patched etc. and allows you to play exhibition games, so if someone plays that, they know what the full game plays like!

By "you" I meant anyone - you said someone can't judge the game from the demo, my point is that the free-to-play version is fully patched etc. and allows you to play exhibition games, so if someone plays that, they know what the full game plays like!

Sorry got me wires crossed there!

Sorry deco i was meaning specificly the finishing it would great if now and then the AI in 1v1 situations didnt just chip it or aim low far corner i mean if sometimes they blasted it high it would add some unpredictable situation like where shall i position my defender to block is he going to shoot near post mid height? roof of the net? far top corner? It would add so much compared to how it is now with these few simple things

Dont get me wrong i enjoy the game doing my master league with little avellino and the AI play is OK i have seen worse in a football game i just wish to see small changes for this year in patches as i dont think pes has a 12 month gameplay life in its current state

Last edited:
Two fair points by the last 2 posters. At the end of the day It's about what you enjoy the most. .I enjoy Pes and have nothing bad to say about Fifa cos I don't play it. Both games this year have their negatives and positives . . they're never going to be perfect . .I just take as much enjoyment as I can from Pes . . but I'm well aware of the faults and annoying stuff eg if you send a high long ball forward towards the corner flag behind the defense in Pes for some reason your forward who is a mile behind the two chasing defenders is allowed to reach the ball . .it's not a huge issue but it's there.

You are right Deco.

We need to end this bickering in the community when people don't see eye to eye on certain things. Both PES and FIFA tick different boxes for different people. What I want in a footy game may not be what someone else is looking for....AND THAT IS OK lol no one's opinion is gospel here.

End of the day just enjoy the game that sucks less :WHISTLE:

Sorry deco i was meaning specificly the finishing it would great if now and then the AI in 1v1 situations didnt just chip it or aim low far corner i mean if sometimes they blasted it high it would add some unpredictable situation like where shall i position my defender to block is he going to shoot near post mid height? roof of the net? far top corner? It would add so much compared to how it is now with these few simple things

Dont get me wrong i enjoy the game doing my master league with little avellino and the AI play is OK i have seen worse in a football game i just wish to see small changes for this year in patches as i dont think pes has a 12 month gameplay life in its current state

You're right Saintric it should be the norm for the AI to shoot in different ways, I don't know why it's not there. . aside from that the game isn't as hopeless as some people are making out. .a lot of the time most of us don't like getting beaten by the cpu through scripting and get frustrated. . myself included but that's the way it is. Pes 2013 was notorious for heavy scripting and yet people are going back to it because they see stuff in it that's not in this edition. I do think Konami try to string the year out and keep us interested in the hope that the next patch will sort things out.

Who knows.. the next patch in March or April might tweak the game to perfection lol!

see
Team spirit is actually a good idea by konami. IRL team with lower abilities can stun bigger teams when the team has high morale, this make sense. The PES team just need to find the balance in future titles.

This is what should make PES shine compared to FIFA, like player morale for example. In PES player's with purple down arrow will play really bad, while in FIFA only the stamina bar is what I'm worried about.

I am worried about PES stamina bar especialy for individual player.. almost not exist. I can play fast end to end with cpu for the whole 90 mins. lol. Wait.. after version 1.03 CPU still can not shoot to the top or over the bar unless it was kind a first time or a volley :CONF:

see

I am worried about PES stamina bar especialy for individual player.. almost not exist. I can play fast end to end with cpu for the whole 90 mins. lol. Wait.. after version 1.03 CPU still can not shoot to the top or over the bar unless it was kind a first time or a volley :CONF:

Really? A lot of my players have empty stamina bar around the 70-80th minute, you probably have a squad with good stamina :THINK:

And about shooting I agree, it's a step backwards from pes 2015.

Really? A lot of my players have empty stamina bar around the 70-80th minute, you probably have a squad with good stamina :THINK:

And about shooting I agree, it's a step backwards from pes 2015.

I mean the the effect of less stamina on individual player. let's say you bring fresh player on 70th mins. His pace is more or less the same as other players having played for those 70 mins.

I mean the the effect of less stamina on individual player. let's say you bring fresh player on 70th mins. His pace is more or less the same as other players having played for those 70 mins.

I remember complaining about this in forums back when the game was released, saying guys should be tired or injured if you sprint nonstop with them for 90+ in the red (like what happens in FIFA sometimes), but no one was going along with me.

I would say stamina/fatigue should be more noticeable, at least for the sake of strategy. Otherwise subs are more or less pointless.

Ah okay, I really haven't noticed that as I usually sub a player who is tired, asuming that they could get injured and run slow. seems another thing that konami messed up then :CONF:

This game is fucked up

I posted a few weeks ago about going back to normal difficulty and +1 speed since the patch. This may seem crazy, but my master league was really slow and difficult. During the last week the game has consistently changed each time I have played it. I am now playing -1 speed and superstar to try and get the same games as I was getting before on Normal and -1.

I went from getting beat on normal to winning 5-0 each week on super star. I never feel like I have achieved anything as the game play and difficulty change so much their is no consistency.

Last edited:
This game is fucked up

I posted a few weeks ago about going back to normal difficulty and+1 speed since the patch. This my seem crazy, but my master league was really slow and difficult. During the last week the game has consistently changed ask of the time. I Ann now playing-1 speed and superstar to try and get the same games as i was getting before.

I went from getting beat on normal to winning 5-0 each week on super star. I never feel like i have achieved any thing as the game play and difficult change so much their is no consistency.

Chimps. . would Konami be able to tweak the game somehow when we're connected online without us knowing about it?. .. . because there's different things happening in it every other week. I'm going through a really stodgy time on it right now and that includes when restarting competitions as well.

Can anyone tell me if the majority of games are night games in English Prem Master League PS4? Thanks

Yes, they are all at night. It's the same in other leagues.

That's not entirely true … EPL matches seem to be nighters only, which is bad, but I've had fair share of day time matches in Liga BBVA. Other people reported similar experiences with Serie A too.

That's not entirely true … EPL matches seem to be nighters only, which is bad, but I've had fair share of day time matches in Liga BBVA. Other people reported similar experiences with Serie A too.

I'll never understand why KONAMI repeatedly do this. For years the game has looked its best in day time. Even if the spread was 50/50 I wouldn't really mind, but having the majority in the night is just piss poor really. Why do they keep sabotaging the small chances they have in showing off the game with this nonsense?

Just played a couple of games this morning. One was 12 minute game which went completely insane. 6-2 lost to Corinthians as Roma in which my keeper made zero saves lol. It was a mess.

The second game in different conditions was much better ending 3-1 to me, but I still feel that shooting accuracy is at least 20% too good. Every shot I hit with Gervinho went like a laser guided missile. This was in total contrast to a game of FIFA I played prior in which I drew 0-0 as Dortmund v Barcelona with them having 9/10 shots on target.

It seems FIFA keepers are too overpowered slightly, whereas the PES keepers are just too weak (or that strikers are too accurate). The 3-1 game I just talked about really shouldn't have been 3-1, more like 1-1 maybe, and I scored with that cross and that cheap shot near post which looks completely wrong. The keeper dived out the way too (sigh).

I don't know. PES is great in terms of build up but needs more variation in shots and accuracy with keepers being better. FIFA needs more 'oomph' and 'life' in it, although I really like the keepers. Played one game though as City v Dortmund where Dortmund hit the post and bar, I shit you not, 9 times. This in itself in a different way as as much an immersion killer as having shit keepers.

Still on the fence. By the time I decide which to get 2026 be out.

I'll never understand why KONAMI repeatedly do this. For years the game has looked its best in day time. Even if the spread was 50/50 I wouldn't really mind, but having the majority in the night is just piss poor really. Why do they keep sabotaging the small chances they have in showing off the game with this nonsense?

Just played a couple of games this morning. One was 12 minute game which went completely insane. 6-2 lost to Corinthians as Roma in which my keeper made zero saves lol. It was a mess.

The second game in different conditions was much better ending 3-1 to me, but I still feel that shooting accuracy is at least 20% too good. Every shot I hit with Gervinho went like a laser guided missile. This was in total contrast to a game of FIFA I played prior in which I drew 0-0 as Dortmund v Barcelona with them having 9/10 shots on target.

It seems FIFA keepers are too overpowered slightly, whereas the PES keepers are just too weak (or that strikers are too accurate). The 3-1 game I just talked about really shouldn't have been 3-1, more like 1-1 maybe, and I scored with that cross and that cheap shot near post which looks completely wrong. The keeper dived out the way too (sigh).

I don't know. PES is great in terms of build up but needs more variation in shots and accuracy with keepers being better. FIFA needs more 'oomph' and 'life' in it, although I really like the keepers. Played one game though as City v Dortmund where Dortmund hit the post and bar, I shit you not, 9 times. This in itself in a different way as as much an immersion killer as having shit keepers.

Still on the fence. By the time I decide which to get 2026 be out.
Try different sliders to fix the fifa crossbar issue ..I never see it now ..PES desperately needs sliders and unlock the game setting on ML so you can select day/night ..what's the point in restricting users

Try different sliders to fix the fifa crossbar issue ..I never see it now ..PES desperately needs sliders and unlock the game setting on ML so you can select day/night ..what's the point in restricting users

Yep fella. I think it's question this year of whether I want to have a game which shows more brilliance in places yet can be a clusterfuck (PES), or a more reliable product with less dynamism (FIFA). I will say, FIFA is far more subtle this year than many give it credit for.

I did also have a blast of a game in the friendly demo in which I was Dortmund v Barce. 0-0 when Danny Alaves took me out from behind when I was skipping past him down the wing, it was so brilliantly done and fully believable. Barce played remaining game with 10 men and still were the better side although the game really opened up for me last 15 with the spaces etc. Ended 0-0 but a bundle of fun fair play.

The four games of PES I had this morning were such a mixed bag. Two absolute stinkers, like 2-6 and 3-1, and then two brilliant matches between me Juve v Roma 1-0 and 1-1. I'm not even saying that low scorers are better games, just that the higher goal games have to be believable. The 6-2 one, well fuck me, the game just lost the plot. Defenders just doing as they please particularly my AI.

If the majority of games in ML on PES though are in the night in EPL then that really is a joke. How they haven't quite simply opened this setting up is beyond.

Sliders and Soccer don't work well. There are too many teams with huge discrepances in terms of low/high attributes. There's a reason if Sliders work really well in games such MLB The Show or NBA2k: there's only one league and every team is good. In Fifa, while sliders can change some aspect of the game, every slide you modify you broke something else and often in a way that doesn't make sense. In the last two years i didn't see a single slider set that works properly.

Really enjoying master league in the last few days managed to get avellino into the last europa league spot on the final day of the season the cpu made it really difficult in the run in teams were playing out of their skin to stop me getting a result

Got Wolfsburg in my group and it was a great match dost was really tough to handle he scored a bullet header top corner and i managed to steal a point with a last minute goal bundled in

I scored this eaflier and i could never manage shots like this on my fifa career was made easy for me to shoot since Atalanta have a new manager and hence low team spirit.Teams with 90 plus are great games with aggressive defenders but anyway both game has advantages over the other both frustrate me the same too but sticking with PES for now

https://youtu.be/D0uPllBVHIE

Last edited:
I respect your opinion, but i will never understand why that could be a game killer.
People who have issues with the gameplay, i can understand...but this...amazing.

Sorry Gerd, but you think that having 10% of a Master League campaign at day is not a game killer? Amazing.

Sliders and Soccer don't work well. There are too many teams with huge discrepances in terms of low/high attributes. There's a reason if Sliders work really well in games such MLB The Show or NBA2k: there's only one league and every team is good. In Fifa, while sliders can change some aspect of the game, every slide you modify you broke something else and often in a way that doesn't make sense. In the last two years i didn't see a single slider set that works properly.

Not strictly true , if you alter one massively then yes you can wreck it but if you balance them out then you can improve

Examples I've found
Too high passing error with increased first touch ruins crossing but higher pass error and reduced first touch sees realistic error without ruing crosses ..trial and error and the set I'm using gives me the old PES feeling

Back
Top Bottom