PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

I'm sorry, but i don't understand that post.
It was never my intention to imply that you are dumb.

The way i see it (and don't tkae this personal), that once i have payed for the game, i can cheat as much as i want (in single player, of course)...as a matter of fact, the only one i'm cheating is myself...

Games are escapism to me...if i play games i want to be Messi, superman and all the other super heroes...of course i'm exagerating, but i hope you get my point.

But most important of all: you are not too dumb. I just wanted to explain myself and perhaps i said something wrong because i'm not a native English speaker, i'm quite fluent, but not always and in everything...

It's cool buddy I was just trying to be a smartass . ..at the end of the day it's only a game. Scripting has to be in the game but it's a bit over the top in this one .. .it's either keep playing or play Fifa or no football. Are you Dutch or German Gerd?

I'm Belgian and old enough (53) to have seen the great Leed United team with Bremner, Giles, Clarke, Lorimer and others...

That team made me a fan of English football...

Would like to see Leeds once again in the EPL...

If you feel like you've been beaten fairly, whether it's by a team that has genuinely outdone you or by a freak deflection / bit of luck which doesn't feel rigged, then you're happy to accept defeat and to move on to the next game.

But if the game has deliberately manufactured weaknesses in your team's AI, or has switched off a chunk of your keeper's brain, or has deliberated set out to prevent you from winning/drawing in a way that feels, not like bad luck, but rather, like the game deciding you should have bad luck and doing very little to hide its intentions?

The problem with sports games using scripting to manufacture an 'exciting' narrative in a match is that, if the developers don't do this delicately enough, the writers sometimes hand in a shit script. If I feel like I've just lost a football match I accept it and move on. If I feel like I've just lost because of something that's nothing to do with football and is instead to do with the mask slipping e.g. glitchy keeping or the game literally not letting me select a player or the AI being exploited by the CPU in some way, then, depending on my mood, I may occasionally tell the script writer to fuck off back to the drawing board and come back with something more palatable.

What's a Leeds?!

Lol

People couldn't quit a few years ago unless you saved 2 files of the particular mode. It was called the cheat prevention. I wonder if that is why Konami started making certain strategic games near impossible to win. I don't agree that they are but humour me for this discussion.

PS Konami suck for not updating the rosters yet. I am itching to start my ML mode.

If you feel like you've been beaten fairly, whether it's by a team that has genuinely outdone you or by a freak deflection / bit of luck which doesn't feel rigged, then you're happy to accept defeat and to move on to the next game.

But if the game has deliberately manufactured weaknesses in your team's AI, or has switched off a chunk of your keeper's brain, or has deliberated set out to prevent you from winning/drawing in a way that feels, not like bad luck, but rather, like the game deciding you should have bad luck and doing very little to hide its intentions?

The problem with sports games using scripting to manufacture an 'exciting' narrative in a match is that, if the developers don't do this delicately enough, the writers sometimes hand in a shit script. If I feel like I've just lost a football match I accept it and move on. If I feel like I've just lost because of something that's nothing to do with football and is instead to do with the mask slipping e.g. glitchy keeping or the game literally not letting me select a player or the AI being exploited by the CPU in some way, then, depending on my mood, I may occasionally tell the script writer to fuck off back to the drawing board and come back with something more palatable.

Very well said!
I see it the same way.
FIFA has the same thing going on btw with the momentum.

Even I feel it´s been toned down a little with those 45 min and 90 min goals, there are too many times you hit the post and crossbar like 5 times in one match, cause the momentum doesn´t want you to score.

I know that´s football and it can happen and happened a lot for real.
If it would happen like every 20th match or something I wouldn´t complain.
But it´s too frequent and therefore exaggerated.

KONAMI just suck in general Zee.

This game right now is actually a really high quality football game on the pitch even with the CPU always shooting low and no fouls, its really deep and a great game. where its being let down so much is Konami's grotesque failure and incompetence to sort out the FUCKING ROSTERS AND FORMATIONS.

I saved a League mode with all the 20 premier league teams done by me before the update, i played one game after a 6 game stretch on Master League. The game comes alive into this really brilliant and hard sim when you just sort out the formations and give teams some balance! Even before the new improved update this was the case but now its set.

Basically when I'm playing master league I get good matches, some hard matches then some really ugly matches against teams like Las Palmas who i beat 8-4, yes 8-4 away from home! I was 6-1 up at one point and i couldn't be bothered after that its was such a joke, because Konami cannot be arsed to to sort out the team tactics properly. We are not even asking for indepth stuff, just a basic formation to how the teams lineup at the very least.

EVERY TEAM on the game which has 'All out defence' set on, is easy to beat because when they lose the ball, the AI has no intention or care to even attempt to tackle you until you enter their half and even seem to completely ignore the ball until you enter your half, then back off if you run at them into the box.

Basically what needs to be done is most if not all, I'd say 95% of teams need 'frontline pressure' set on for the offensive strategy, and then the game starts to come alive. Even defensive teams like Watford, give them Frontline Pressure, conservative and simply just give them a deep line, such as 4 or even 3 and they defend well and keep a balanced shape while their front players close you down properly.

What is so frustrating is this game has such solid gameplay, enjoyable good gameplay which is let down by unprofessional, pathetic mistakes which show this company is not in good standing, to the extent I'm actually concerned this could be the last PES game, since every other gaming franchise Konami has is leaving or has already left.

What is sad is PES Productions will never hit their potential and desire and their dreams until they move away from Konami, its the only way because this crap going to keep happening because the big men at Konami just do not care about video games anymore. I'm certain this crap has happened because staff are being sacked, resign due to bad working conditions or moved about in other departments so one guy has to do like 10 jobs. If people who quite honestly live under a rock in obscure exotic counties in southern Asia can released wonderful updates to PES 2013 with up to date squads for ALL teams! Yet Konami can't pay people to do so ontime?

Basically what needs to be done is most if not all, I'd say 95% of teams need 'frontline pressure' set on for the offensive strategy, and then the game starts to come alive. Even defensive teams like Watford, give them Frontline Pressure, conservative and simply just give them a deep line, such as 4 or even 3 and they defend well and keep a balanced shape while their front players close you down properly.

Yes!

When I came up with this, I started to finally enjoy PES 2016.

In general, I try to give most teams Front line pressure and Conservative as the offensive tactics, and then modify their DF line and compactness to introduce team individuality.

In addition, I give FLP and Agressive only to those teams, that are known for agressive pressure high up the pitch - Bielsa's teams, Leverkusen, Pep's Barcelona etc.

I give All out defense and Agressive (very important) as the defensive tactics almost to all teams. I feel AOD and Conservative is to be avoided, as it makes AI unrealistically passive.

The game started to shine for me, after I was sure I will switch to FIFA this year.:))

:BLEH:
rghdph8.jpg

7dnvprQ.jpg

a1GMO9Z.jpg

Bkuct2L.jpg

ydcZdWu.jpg

8aZflxb.jpg

Yes!

In general, I try to give most teams Front line pressure and Conservative as the offensive tactics, and then modify their DF line and compactness to introduce team individuality.

In addition, I give FLP and Agressive only to those teams, that are known for agressive pressure high up the pitch - Bielsa's teams, Leverkusen, Pep's Barcelona etc.

I give All out defense and Agressive (very important) as the defensive tactics almost to all teams. I feel AOD and Conservative is to be avoided, as it makes AI unrealistically passive.

The game started to shine for me, after I was sure I will switch to FIFA this year.:))

Is the CPU AI front line pressure effective when playing on a professional level

Is the CPU AI front line pressure effective when playing on a professional level

I play on professional, and I am struggling a lot against AI pressure (though I'm not a good player probably). Also be sure to do two things in ANY tactics:

- Set containment area to the Middle
- Set compactness to 7-10. (7-8 for attacking formation, 9-10 for defensive)

I base these findings on Klashman and this thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/pro-evolution-soccer/855646-pes-2016-sim-settings.html

I play on professional, and I am struggling a lot against AI pressure (though I'm not a good player probably). Also be sure to do two things in ANY tactics:

- Set containment area to the Middle
- Set compactness to 7-10. (7-8 for attacking formation, 9-10 for defensive)

I base these findings on Klashman and this thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/pro-evolution-soccer/855646-pes-2016-sim-settings.html

Great thanks man, gonna give it a go now, pro is good, you see a lot more natural individuality from both sides

I'm Belgian and old enough (53) to have seen the great Leed United team with Bremner, Giles, Clarke, Lorimer and others...

That team made me a fan of English football...

Would like to see Leeds once again in the EPL...

We're around the same age Gerd. . .that great era of Leeds under Don Revie. .. robbed in a few cups, let down by bad goalkeeping and bribing other teams. .. what more could you ask for? I'm a Leeds fan since 1970.

What about the great Belgian national teams in the world cups of past? Ceulemans, Gerets Van der Elst etc. Great teams who surprised a lot of people as outsiders.

I don't think Leeds will be in the Epl for a few years. . the only way that will happen is on Master league.

Yes!

so being that i seem to have the same observations as you guys my options are either to edit all this and start master league again, keep on plugging away on goalfests against badly set up teams or just stop playing...

league mode didnt play as mentally as ML at all, I might just have to edit my Millwall players to be slightly better (I had originally made them lower to account for the high development curves) and stick with that instead

Yes!

Yes, good you saw that too but something to rememebr is All out Defence/Conservative does work when as a defensive setup IF formation is setup properly and the AI cover spaces which can make them very hard to break down if you losing and they switch to this. Its the setup you need if you want to Park the Bus essentially. In terms of formation you will usually see defensive midfielders sit deep and attacks will be long balls to the wing so the team rarely leaves their half and has so many bodies infront of goal it's a nightmare to breakdown.

This has worked against me well when I played as Arsenal and Villa went to defence from the first whistle.

Your right that All Out Defence/Conservative should be avoided at ALL COSTS for any team playing on the offensive.

We should all make a big point to Konami about this for the coming updates because this is essential and this needs to be implemented across the board for ever team, They have changed the way teams attack and defend as a team in regards to this setting.

Last year I made sure every team had at least 6 for Defensive line when on the offensive to make sure the AI pushed enough numbers forward to attack and even with All ou defensive set on, teams still attacked properly. Now its balanced out and you can set a team even with a deep line for 2,3 or 4 which I will use a lot, as long as frontline pressure is on, teams will defend properly when in an offensive mode.

I cant think of any team at all, maybe a very small handful i will give 'All out defence' to on their offensive settings.

Robbie my advice is to start again at some point doing this essential change. I will also get these Premier League tactics out as finally i have time off, i been working like a madman and had little energy to do any updates.

Bayern Munich is the new REal Madrid for online spammers this year. Boy they're tough to stop, even when playing noobs

Robbie my advice is to start again at some point doing this essential change. I will also get these Premier League tactics out as finally i have time off, i been working like a madman and had little energy to do any updates.

I might well use the data pack issue as an excuse to start again, it will give me time to tweak some of the appearances and stats i made mistakes with that i only really noticed whilst playing with my created team. In your opinion, what is the bare minimum i need to do? Will going through the championship and premiership teams, and changing their default offensive tactic away from AOD/Conservative be enough? (I really wont have the patience to make lots of edits to tactics that will undoubtedly get wiped out by another data update)

I might well use the data pack issue as an excuse to start again, it will give me time to tweak some of the appearances and stats i made mistakes with that i only really noticed whilst playing with my created team. In your opinion, what is the bare minimum i need to do? Will going through the championship and premiership teams, and changing their default offensive tactic away from AOD/Conservative be enough? (I really wont have the patience to make lots of edits to tactics that will undoubtedly get wiped out by another data update)

Bare minimum is to make sure offensive teams have 'Frontline Pressure' and defensive tactics to 'All out Defence'. Make sure defensive line reflects how attacking or defensive the team is.

Also best to go through the top leagues and fix a few retarded formations like Las Palmas and Atletico Madrid etc.. Try to give teams 4-5- variations in defense if posible

Sorry to be off subject but does anyone still playing PES 2015??
Went back to 2015 game and still enjoying exhibition mode a lot. PES 2016 is great but I like last year's pace, players models, controls, and simpler approach, it is really good. Visuals has approved this year lot though

Tried dropping down to Professional and although the AI started to play some nice football and the games felt different... they had 1 big problem. The middle of the park would see them part like the red sea :(

Iv been playing on professional for quite a while and have done quite a bit of tinkering in formations for the Spanish league, I do agree with you that when u run thru the middle the defense spreads allowing for a very easy shot, what iv done to avoid that from happening, iv gone into every single team in the Spanish league and took tinkers and klashmans advice how to set up there tactics, and what iv also done is for all teams, in the formation setup when they don't have the ball, I adjusted there CBS higher and closer and also made sure they had a DM and he was closer to the CBs, by doing that iv never had that problem again, game will at times give u moments but it's not constant, if you can be fakt give it a try, try experimenting by doing one side and then playing against them on professional, honestly plays an amazing game, even better than before. GL

Iv been playing on professional for quite a while and have done quite a bit of tinkering in formations for the Spanish league, I do agree with you that when u run thru the middle the defense spreads allowing for a very easy shot, what iv done to avoid that from happening, iv gone into every single team in the Spanish league and took tinkers and klashmans advice how to set up there tactics, and what iv also done is for all teams, in the formation setup when they don't have the ball, I adjusted there CBS higher and closer and also made sure they had a DM and he was closer to the CBs, by doing that iv never had that problem again, game will at times give u moments but it's not constant, if you can be fakt give it a try, try experimenting by doing one side and then playing against them on professional, honestly plays an amazing game, even better than before. GL

what is your game speed settings? I used to play -2 before the patch but the game has gotten much slower and less responsive on that speed. Looks like -1 is the way to go now. It doesn't seem as fast as it used to be

I've always been on Adam's side and on Asim's side, but... Wow.

He said something on Twitter this morning about Fallout 4 getting great scores despite being buggy and how "Konami would never get a free pass like that" (despite PES getting such a high metacritic when it's practically unplayable online - we can all agree on that, surely).

BsOCtvs.jpg

4o2XGta.jpg

FDhI0jB.jpg

5YsoGNI.jpg

vmsEDcl.jpg

31mSWfj.jpg

JiG7AdX.jpg

WcZ7Y2c.jpg

LpDp3BD.jpg

Not once was I trying to be smug (e.g. with the FIFA comment and the smiley face), or personal (in-fact I stated as much).

Debate (from someone who buys PES every year) isn't trolling, big difference.

I just thought it was ironic to say Fallout 4 (a buggy game) doesn't deserve high scores when PES has got 9s and 10s with no mention of the online gameplay or last year's rosters.

But, never mind.

Why are these guys so sensitive?

Last edited:
Asim's a bit of a tool. I've had a debate with him before about how writing in games is really sucky for the most part, and he went into full confrontation mode, making some genuinely hopeless points (he was saying he could pick holes in Shawshank Redemption (he didn't say which), therefore the shocking writing in Heavy Rain is up to film standard) but knowing that Twitter isn't about making sense - it's about saying any old bollocks in 140 characters in a tetchy way, and saying 'conversation over' when it isn't going your way.

Twitter's not for me precisely because most conversations can't be had in 140 characters. Not unless you're (a) incredibly succinct or (b) not looking to go into any detail about anything ever.

You guys take twitter way too seriously.

Are you really the one best placed to say who does and who doesn't take something too seriously?

Last edited:
I've always been on Adam's side and on Asim's side, but... Wow.

He said something on Twitter this morning about Fallout 4 getting great scores despite being buggy and how "Konami would never get a free pass like that" (despite PES getting such a high metacritic when it's practically unplayable online - we can all agree on that, surely).

BsOCtvs.jpg

4o2XGta.jpg

FDhI0jB.jpg

5YsoGNI.jpg

vmsEDcl.jpg

31mSWfj.jpg

JiG7AdX.jpg

WcZ7Y2c.jpg

LpDp3BD.jpg

Not once was I trying to be smug (e.g. with the FIFA comment and the smiley face), or personal (in-fact I stated as much).

Debate (from someone who buys PES every year) isn't trolling, big difference.

I just thought it was ironic to say Fallout 4 (a buggy game) doesn't deserve high scores when PES has got 9s and 10s with no mention of the online gameplay or last year's rosters.

But, never mind.

Why are these guys so sensitive?

I think you definitely have a point here.

Don´t wanna say anything negative about him, but he seems a little sensitive there.

You've done nothing wrong Chris. No unfair arguments.

You know waht worries me about guys like Asim and Adal (and i'm more a fan of Adam than having something against them).
If you listen to their podcasts, they only speak about big teams like Man Utd and AC Milan.

In all the years i've played PES, i think i haven't played a single match with those mega teams (unless in a demo and even then i play the lesser teams).

I'm a Spurs fan, and i've never ever played a ML with Spurs because they are too big a team for me...

I enjoy the litle teams.

I wonder if those people play with teams that don't have the Ronaldo's and the Messi's...

This year i play with Real Sociedad and i would never transfer a player like Kevin De Bruyne to that team... he is too good (albeit underrated in PES).

I wonder if the testers (and the game is clearly not enough tested before release) bother playing with other teams than the likes of Munchen, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea, City and other mega clubs...

Are there testers who play with AA Gent, Rennes, Palermo, Crystal Palace, Heerenveen and others?

I doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom