PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

CTmR88vWoAElPCj.jpg

CTmR88qW4AAKTIJ.jpg

CTmR88qWsAALYI5.jpg

this is only on Glen's twitter wall, no official source or date or whatsoever

Will this overwrite all the work I've done updating PL kits and names and stuff???

forgot to mention professional in my previous message, cause iv noticed when playing against the AI on that level with teams that have all out defense and conservative pressure, from my experience it allows fast paced full backs with good dribble to run thru the whole team from one end to the other and i usually use that same player to cut in and run thru the middle while the opposition is still tracking back allowing for a very easy shot/goal, as for superstar mode, i wasnt getting that space easily which was really good but i felt i couldnt be as expressive with my star players on that level, for me on professional the AI plays a fair game, but needs tactical adjustments as klashman has stated, in the end this is just my experience with the game.

Well I agree with you Jimi. .I was about to give up until I took all the recommendations on board and now it reminds me of the Master leagues in Pes games from years ago.

Well I agree with you Jimi. .I was about to give up until I took all the recommendations on board and now it reminds me of the Master leagues in Pes games from years ago.

Yeah feels great, all that's missing are the bloody high shots from the AI, I'm hoping next patch.

Yeah feels great, all that's missing are the bloody high shots from the AI, I'm hoping next patch.

I wouldn't hold my breath relying on their patch Jimi.. they don't seem to give two f***s . . they only cater for online.

Had a few good games yesterday which can only get better when my team spirit starts to improve. Professional's the way to go on this game. .. this from a man who always played Superstar in the past.

Btw I had a couple of high shots from the AI. . but too sparse to get excited about! I haven't seen the AI get a penalty since the last couple of patches either.

I sometimes feel that Konami deliberately hold back on transfers and patches to keep us interested until the season is nearly over!

I wouldn't hold my breath relying on their patch Jimi.. they don't seem to give two f***s . . they only cater for online.

Had a few good games yesterday which can only get better when my team spirit starts to improve. Professional's the way to go on this game. .. this from a man who always played Superstar in the past.

Btw I had a couple of high shots from the AI. . but too sparse to get excited about! I haven't seen the AI get a penalty since the last couple of patches either.

I sometimes feel that Konami deliberately hold back on transfers and patches to keep us interested until the season is nearly over!

It seems as if there's only one or two guys working on the patches part time, I think Fifa has already brang out 2 or 3 proper gameplay patches.

KONAMI just suck in general Zee.

This game right now is actually a really high quality football game on the pitch even with the CPU always shooting low and no fouls, its really deep and a great game. where its being let down so much is Konami's grotesque failure and incompetence to sort out the FUCKING ROSTERS AND FORMATIONS.

I saved a League mode with all the 20 premier league teams done by me before the update, i played one game after a 6 game stretch on Master League. The game comes alive into this really brilliant and hard sim when you just sort out the formations and give teams some balance! Even before the new improved update this was the case but now its set.

Basically when I'm playing master league I get good matches, some hard matches then some really ugly matches against teams like Las Palmas who i beat 8-4, yes 8-4 away from home! I was 6-1 up at one point and i couldn't be bothered after that its was such a joke, because Konami cannot be arsed to to sort out the team tactics properly. We are not even asking for indepth stuff, just a basic formation to how the teams lineup at the very least.

EVERY TEAM on the game which has 'All out defence' set on, is easy to beat because when they lose the ball, the AI has no intention or care to even attempt to tackle you until you enter their half and even seem to completely ignore the ball until you enter your half, then back off if you run at them into the box.

Basically what needs to be done is most if not all, I'd say 95% of teams need 'frontline pressure' set on for the offensive strategy, and then the game starts to come alive. Even defensive teams like Watford, give them Frontline Pressure, conservative and simply just give them a deep line, such as 4 or even 3 and they defend well and keep a balanced shape while their front players close you down properly.

What is so frustrating is this game has such solid gameplay, enjoyable good gameplay which is let down by unprofessional, pathetic mistakes which show this company is not in good standing, to the extent I'm actually concerned this could be the last PES game, since every other gaming franchise Konami has is leaving or has already left.

What is sad is PES Productions will never hit their potential and desire and their dreams until they move away from Konami, its the only way because this crap going to keep happening because the big men at Konami just do not care about video games anymore. I'm certain this crap has happened because staff are being sacked, resign due to bad working conditions or moved about in other departments so one guy has to do like 10 jobs. If people who quite honestly live under a rock in obscure exotic counties in southern Asia can released wonderful updates to PES 2013 with up to date squads for ALL teams! Yet Konami can't pay people to do so ontime?

Yes!

When I came up with this, I started to finally enjoy PES 2016.

In general, I try to give most teams Front line pressure and Conservative as the offensive tactics, and then modify their DF line and compactness to introduce team individuality.

In addition, I give FLP and Agressive only to those teams, that are known for agressive pressure high up the pitch - Bielsa's teams, Leverkusen, Pep's Barcelona etc.

I give All out defense and Agressive (very important) as the defensive tactics almost to all teams. I feel AOD and Conservative is to be avoided, as it makes AI unrealistically passive.

The game started to shine for me, after I was sure I will switch to FIFA this year.:))

Great posts.

I shall configure my game accordingly as per your posts.

(I sound like a robot saying that. Too much office work)

We're around the same age Gerd. . .that great era of Leeds under Don Revie. .. robbed in a few cups, let down by bad goalkeeping and bribing other teams. .. what more could you ask for? I'm a Leeds fan since 1970.

What about the great Belgian national teams in the world cups of past? Ceulemans, Gerets Van der Elst etc. Great teams who surprised a lot of people as outsiders.

I don't think Leeds will be in the Epl for a few years. . the only way that will happen is on Master league.

Why's it whenever I see posts mentioning great Belgian players of past I never see any mention of Enzo Schifo? :(

Why's it whenever I see posts mentioning great Belgian players of past I never see any mention of Enzo Schifo? :(

IMO he never really fullfilled his potential.

All those great players from the past not even come close to the current crop we've got (and our under 16 or under 17 just finished third in the WC in Chile).

We just need a coach that is as good as the players.
Belgium's got one absolutely world class manager/coach: Hein Van Haezebrouck, who coaches our champions AA Gent. It's been a long time that a Belgian team has done so well (and with splendid football) in the CL.

AA Gent is a team without really super players, but they are splendid as a team and that is all the merit of Van Haezebrouck. He should coach our national team.

IMO he never really fullfilled his potential.

All those great players from the past not even come close to the current crop we've got (and our under 16 or under 17 just finished third in the WC in Chile).

We just need a coach that is as good as the players.
Belgium's got one absolutely world class manager/coach: Hein Van Haezebrouck, who coaches our champions AA Gent. It's been a long time that a Belgian team has done so well (and with splendid football) in the CL.

AA Gent is a team without really super players, but they are splendid as a team and that is all the merit of Van Haezebrouck. He should coach our national team.

why not keep Wilmots, have made them number 1 in Fifa rankings?

lol just named the first three players that came into my head. . . didn't mean to offend the Schifo fan club.

i played an europa league exhibition match. cpu goes 2-0 up in the 52th minute and i noticed it changed to a defensive strategy in the bottom corner. i dont think ive seen this before in non competition/cup exhibition match. even in this defensive setup when the cpu didnt have possession both of its wingers were still at the halfway line which is useless

i played an europa league exhibition match. cpu goes 2-0 up in the 52th minute and i noticed it changed to a defensive strategy in the bottom corner. i dont think ive seen this before in non competition/cup exhibition match. even in this defensive setup when the cpu didnt have possession both of its wingers were still at the halfway line which is useless

That was existed in previous pes,but the default offensive and defensive strategy may not be a proper set up by konami as they don't really care the tactics.Good tactics set up can bring the game to another level

Where the high shots from AI from ground shots, or volleys, half volleys? I only had high shots from AI from volleys, half volleys..

I also,never had rainy games in Champions League outside exhibition.

Last edited:
played fifa a lot, and now i am facing difficulties with defending in PES. is it possible to change 'com pressure' from 'B' to 'RB' without changing of other button? when i change that, those buttons got changed in attack too. i want it same like fifa. is there any way?

Back
Top Bottom