PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Asim is a hobby reviewer.
Nothing against that but thats not his job, no one should take him seriously or his actions.
More scarier to see guys with full time job reviewing a footy game with one or few days of playing and ALSO THINKING PES 2016 IS THE BEST so far.
It could be a personal choice for sure, no problem with that but spreading the word around the web it is the best footy game is a bit far from the truth, they are just throwing their credibility out the window.
Tho Asim is a bit of a PES fanboy since 2015, especially because he is close to Adam. And thats understandable, no one should take his PES reviews too seriously.
Im curious about the next WENB podcast because B-Man isnt really happy with shooting, he is also fan of the shooting of the PS2/PSX era and he is a loud mouth in a good way, so at least one podcast will be out there about how crap the shooting since Fox Engine introduced.
But probably he'll get shot down with something like "probably they will address this next year/they just got into develping the game/the game as a whole is fun at that matters at the end of the day" BS :D

It's time to stop talking bullshit. These days without invest money in product like a video game You cant have a succes. Konami for years don't buy a new licenses. How they want compete with Fifa? With gameplay? They cant, not these days. They have to have package good package. They dont understand it. Fifa 16 sold 6,5 mln Pes 400 thousand copies. When i hear Adam and Asim im done. I cant hear them. It to much for me.

no one cares about licences who enjoys footy games for gameplay. i do not care. i remember the time when i came up to this site only for the editing and patching sections mainly not to complain or start a debate about the game or see if Jenkey / Yair could fix the gameplay

I wonder if the testers (and the game is clearly not enough tested before release) bother playing with other teams than the likes of Munchen, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea, City and other mega clubs...

Are there testers who play with AA Gent, Rennes, Palermo, Crystal Palace, Heerenveen and others?

I doubt it.

I think that´s maybe too much to asked for, as they - like you already said - seem not testing the whole game itself properly.

It´s sad, but true obviously.

As soon as anyone with half a brain challenges them they (adam or asim) hate it.

I played 3 games last night as Agentina v Brazil. Lost 1-2, 2-3 and 1-3 and enjoyed it.

After all the editing there is to do I think we'd be better off if they added sliders in the game. I swear if I have to tick another box for destroyer I'll cry.

Uurgh lets not send this thread down this road. Neither Asim nor Adam handle criticism of any sort well but this ain't the place for that.

Now I don't know what to talk about :LMAO:

Last edited:
chris davies wish you asked him has he played master league and noticed the AI score the same low shot 90% of the time

im not expecting the game to have AI with 10,000 ways to score but we havent even got 10 its either volley header or through ball goal in the corners low with gks that cant save low shots thats broken gameplay

If your struggling to get fouls against you play against rival clubs.

Just played West Ham and they were flying in all over the shop.

3 yellows, 8 fouls

Drew 1-1 quality game

guys, I have some questions and really appreciate if anyone can help me:

about player skills: what these things affect exactly
1. marseille turn (is this Zidane's famous dribble?)
2. sombrero
3. cut behind & turn
4. inside bounce
5. weighted pass (if this is curving in cross, etc ... then what is difference between this and pinpoint crossing?)
6. low punt trajectory

about player styles:
1. post player (is this an striker who can hold ball with body strength? or dribbling? ro what?)
2. hole player (is this a passer who is expert on through ball?)

about abilities
1. what is difference between goalkeeping and reflexes ? in the help is written how quickly respond ... (for goalkeeping), and ability to make quick reaction ... (for reflexes)
these look same things !

Are you really the one best placed to say who does and who doesn't take something too seriously?

Yes. Twitter draws peoples emotions out far too much like facebook.

Who takes Twitter too seriously, the guy who doesn't block the other guy for having a different opinion? Fuuuuck! :LOL:

Thats the WHOLE point ;)

All in all if they start talking straight about the issues in pes, they will be sacked from their jobs with Konami. There is no point replying to the guy, they are ultra defensive on there and don't hang around to argue with people who don't follow them. You knew what they where going to say so why bother? Its the very nature of Twitter to them.

Last edited:
If your struggling to get fouls against you play against rival clubs.

Just played West Ham and they were flying in all over the shop.

3 yellows, 8 fouls

Drew 1-1 quality game
I have Chelsea, Arsenal & West Ham as rivals both ways, and they have been a bunch of hacking shites every time I play them. Really enjoy it. At least 7 fouls against me every time. I got a screenshot of two of my players down injured at once against Arsenal which I'll probably use in a post on the ML thread at some point.

I've noticed the CPU never foul when they are winning and the becomes biased to them when they are winning, they foul a bit sometimes if its level and the go absolutely crazy especially in derby matches if your winning against them.

fellas, PRO difficulty is by far the best mode to play on and i used to be on superstar from the beginning but the lates patch made it harder and more frustrating at level for me, on PRO the CPU AI cheats alot less and plays alot more realistic than top or superstar modes, BUT in order to enjoy PRO mode, you need to modify the tactics for all teams ul be playing against for which ever league you take on, klashmans knowledge of the tactics are spot on and also tinker stated above some changes in the tactics for the better, once you get those tactics right, theres no easy goals only minimal, but theres times where theres individual moments of which does allow you space, also CPU makes alot of mistakes which can counter to an easy goal but most of the time those mistakes are done by the average players, individuality stands out alot from both sides cause the CPU AI doesnt cheat as much, yes there will be times where youll dominate a game but when your playing a lesser side its expected and realistic. For me this game has gone up another level again in a big way, also im noticing more fouls as well after modifying the tactics, CPU AI at times looks desperate and will tackle but iv included the destroyer and track back abilities as well for there CM DM mids and DEF. If anyone can be fakt, modify those tactics even focus on 3 teams a day and by the end of the week, ul be ready to create a new ML and enhance that experience, only thing im waiting to be hopefully fixed in the next patch is the high shots from the AI and im happy till 2017.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I've been following and imitating some tactic settings that people suggested here and other forums. Since I play on PC, I a use a free side select tool so I can change my opponent's tactic before kick off on master league without having to edit the team's before starting my ML. The problem is that the team spirit drops after I change the tactics. Does this mean I have to edit the team's tactic before starting my ML? If we change it in edit mode will it effect the team spirit? Like will the teams start in a low team spirit when they do not use their default tactics

maybe a coincidence. someone stated setting up rival clubs doesnt even matter

It has a big effect. I started up a league with Spurs this morning, and before I had to head out, I played two games. One against Man City, one against West Ham. The first game was really fun, with City outplaying me (fairly) to claim a 1-0 win courtesy of a goal from Kolarov. Maybe one foul inflicted on me.

Against the Hammers, it was madness. They were flying in on me all the time, and conceded at least six fouls. The general play was untidy, but really satisfying. That was my first game against a rival club since editing this feature for all teams.

I suppose it just adds a different dimension to the AI in selected matches, which is a good thing. I would second Jimi_Zuko's opinion on Professional difficulty being the way to go as well.

I play Master League with Real Madrid in Super Star but the game is too easy. My team scores are usually 10-1, 8-4, 6-3. I edited all the goalkeepers in La Liga and put Goalkeeping, Catching, Clearing, Reflexes and Coverage to 99. Now goalkeepers are perfect, they can save shoots from outside the box that were always goal. Now the results are more realistic 2-1, 3-2, 1-0. The problem is not bad goalkeepers, the problem is low stats in these 'Goalkeepers' abilities.

I play Master League with Real Madrid in Super Star but the game is too easy. My team scores are usually 10-1, 8-4, 6-3. I edited all the goalkeepers in La Liga and put Goalkeeping, Catching, Clearing, Reflexes and Coverage to 99. Now goalkeepers are perfect, they can save shoots from outside the box that were always goal. Now the results are more realistic 2-1, 3-2, 1-0. The problem is not bad goalkeepers, the problem is low stats in these 'Goalkeepers' abilities.

switch to manual controls, I am sure it will make it more challanging

guys, I have some questions and really appreciate if anyone can help me:

about player skills: what these things affect exactly
1. marseille turn (is this Zidane's famous dribble?)
2. sombrero
3. cut behind & turn
4. inside bounce
5. weighted pass (if this is curving in cross, etc ... then what is difference between this and pinpoint crossing?)
6. low punt trajectory

about player styles:
1. post player (is this an striker who can hold ball with body strength? or dribbling? ro what?)
2. hole player (is this a passer who is expert on through ball?)

about abilities
1. what is difference between goalkeeping and reflexes ? in the help is written how quickly respond ... (for goalkeeping), and ability to make quick reaction ... (for reflexes)
these look same things !

I realized these for in game effect:
inside bounce: (while dribbling) stopping ball with a foot and poke the ball quickly with another foot
weighted pass: special style for passing when use (L1+triangle)
low punt trajectory: only for GK ... drop and kick with low height and good accuracy

post player: this is an target man who can hold ball with body strength (in some version of pes 2016 it called target man)

---

still have these 2 question :
:D
1. hole player (is this a passer who is expert on through ball?)

2. what is difference between goalkeeping and reflexes ? in the help is written how quickly respond ... (for goalkeeping), and ability to make quick reaction ... (for reflexes)
these look same things !

can anyone help? :)

I realized these for in game effect:
inside bounce: (while dribbling) stopping ball with a foot and poke the ball quickly with another foot
weighted pass: special style for passing when use (L1+triangle)
low punt trajectory: only for GK ... drop and kick with low height and good accuracy

post player: this is an target man who can hold ball with body strength (in some version of pes 2016 it called target man)

---

still have these 2 question :
:D
1. hole player (is this a passer who is expert on through ball?)

2. what is difference between goalkeeping and reflexes ? in the help is written how quickly respond ... (for goalkeeping), and ability to make quick reaction ... (for reflexes)
these look same things !

can anyone help? :)

I always thought HOLE PLAYER was for aa CM who gets into goalscoring positions regularly. Frank Lampard has that skill card.

Not sure about the GK stats though.

From pesmastery:

Playing Style: Hole Player

Description: A player who looks to make runs into the opposition goal when the team is on the attack.

In Football: Depends on the position because for forwards, playing in the hole, is equal to a second striker who create goals and scoring opportunities for centre forwards, utilising spaces created in the opposition's defence to provide passes to the strikers, picking up loose balls around the area, or attempting to dribble with the ball and score themselves.

For midfielders, they are the offensive pivot of the team who create goal-scoring opportunities using superior vision, control, and technical skill.

CTmR88vWoAElPCj.jpg

CTmR88qW4AAKTIJ.jpg

CTmR88qWsAALYI5.jpg

User Actions
Following

Glen PESW
‏@glen_pesworld
#PES2016 Data Pack 2 to contain updated kits as well as DP1 roster fix

this is only on Glen's twitter wall, no official source or date or whatsoever

I think Jimi and the other lads are right about dropping down to Professional level. I've done it after the editing of players stats and started a Master league and I have to say it plays really well. . .none of the huge unrealistic scorelines and if I'm beaten it seems more balanced and fair.

conservative pressure seems to be broken in this game, especially if a team plays very deep in defense., those settings usually allow for easy goals thru the middle.

I'm Belgian and old enough (53) to have seen the great Leed United team with Bremner, Giles, Clarke, Lorimer and others...

That team made me a fan of English football...

Would like to see Leeds once again in the EPL...

If you have the patience, you can put then into the game, ive done it every year, with old kits and badge and everything, I have Billy bremner very lifelike.

conservative pressure seems to be broken in this game, especially if a team plays very deep in defense., those settings usually allow for easy goals thru the middle.

It depends on your style of play.

Conservative means the AI defence (players not in your control in your team) will fall back covering space

Aggressive means they will try to cover players instead which means they be more active to try and tackle the opponent.
This year I noticed that there isn't a winning formalu like last year where conservative was the way to go.

It now depends on how your opposition attacks. Dont go aggressive on players who have good dribbling skills or teams that move the ball around with quick passing. You are better off with conservative.

About the hole player. In my myclub team I have Klaasen who has this card he overlaps regularly from AMF and as a result into goalscoring positions more regularly. Fantastic player BTW.

It depends on your style of play.

Conservative means the AI defence (players not in your control in your team) will fall back covering space

Aggressive means they will try to cover players instead which means they be more active to try and tackle the opponent.
This year I noticed that there isn't a winning formalu like last year where conservative was the way to go.

It now depends on how your opposition attacks. Dont go aggressive on players who have good dribbling skills or teams that move the ball around with quick passing. You are better off with conservative.

About the hole player. In my myclub team I have Klaasen who has this card he overlaps regularly from AMF and as a result into goalscoring positions more regularly. Fantastic player BTW.

forgot to mention professional in my previous message, cause iv noticed when playing against the AI on that level with teams that have all out defense and conservative pressure, from my experience it allows fast paced full backs with good dribble to run thru the whole team from one end to the other and i usually use that same player to cut in and run thru the middle while the opposition is still tracking back allowing for a very easy shot/goal, as for superstar mode, i wasnt getting that space easily which was really good but i felt i couldnt be as expressive with my star players on that level, for me on professional the AI plays a fair game, but needs tactical adjustments as klashman has stated, in the end this is just my experience with the game.

Back
Top Bottom